Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Coffee Bean Tree: Coffee addicts unite!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Coffee Bean Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Coffee Bean TreeReplies: 10, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

February 10, 2009
1:25 PM

Post #6119170

Good morning, Sharon: Your article and my second cup of coffee were made for each other. Our coffee addiction is something else we share. I can do without breakfast of any kind as long as I have my coffee! Started drinking it as a kid (mostly milk) but love, love, love it, unflavored and strong. I don't do Starbucks. It's my opinion that the lattes and flavored coffees and such are for people who don't really like coffee.

Maybe your friend sent you some Kona coffee? Supposed to be the best, although I've never had it, as it is also the most expensive coffee in the world.

Whatever it was, I'm happy for you to have this treat from a good friend, which also makes it that much more special.

Wishing you a great day, Friend.

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #6119963

Hey Angie...
Most mornings I turn the music on when I pour my coffee, and sit here and just enjoy the moment. Of course in summer, I take the coffee outside with me and the birds are my music, but always with coffee! I could not start my day otherwise.

I ventured into the slightest flavors with these packages from Jamie, one was faintly fruity, and the other had a definite chocolate scent if not flavor...they were simply lovely. And very very special, as is my friend...

And special is a good word for most of my friends, including you, Angie.
Thanks for writing, I hope your day is great!
Sharon
jraubo
New Berlin, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2009
6:45 PM

Post #6120427

Ah but Sharon, those coffees are not flavored artificially, only by the conditions of their growth and roast. The company website will show for instance, whether the coffee has high notes that are fruity or chocolatey to whatever. I LOVE www.groundsforchange.com not only because behind every coffee origin there is a story, but while they roast in the NW US, they buy fair trade, shade grown beans from all over the world and give back to green efforts. Well, I suppose this borders on advertising and so I am likely breaking some rule (again), but the least I can do is to offer companies that preserve nature's environment my patronage. And when I see a couple of Monarchs hover in my garden I shut my eyes tightly and hope that they will find their gestation home in tact rather than ripped to shreads by a big coffee grower who finds shade and rocks an inconvience to their profits. Whew!!!...I think I needed that soapbox to carry some soil...now I just about crushed it...sorry folks! ;=) Jamie
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

February 10, 2009
9:23 PM

Post #6120995

Jamie: I certainly didn't mind. God knows I vent often enough, as Sharon can vouch for! But this is Sharon's article, so I yield to her good judgment.

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2009
10:29 PM

Post #6121261

Jamie, my dear...

Oh good grief!!! I knew that.

Sorry about my poor wording of the flavoring. Sure did get your response though, and that is what I was looking for!!! It's about time you came out of hiding.

Angie, you shoulda been here to taste that coffee. I think I have 6 beans left now...I sniff them every day just for the aroma. Not sure how I missed them in the package. You do not know how fortunate I am to have Jamie for a friend...

Now Jamie, when I come up there, if I can ever dig myself outta here, you know what I will be expecting every morning.

Angie...I'll share if you'll drive north a little ways.

Ahhhhhhh, life without friends would be void of flavor, now wouldn't it?
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

February 10, 2009
11:00 PM

Post #6121347

Maybe Jamie could head south and I can head north and we can all meet at your place! I'll bring some Danish or something to go with that coffee. How's that?

Friends are the ornaments that decorate my tree of life, for sure, and you shine, Sharon!

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
12:03 AM

Post #6121632

Now that is a plan.

Jamie will be here soon...well, she'd better be here soon, as soon as my daylilies start blooming and that will be maybe in about 8 weeks...according to my 07 calendar. Whoohoooooo. You might start planning now.

Thank you, Sweet Angie...and back to you with the same.
jraubo
New Berlin, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
2:33 AM

Post #6122199

Yep!...Sharon's in the middle Angie. I just hate that drive through Chicago though! Maybe in leu of danish, some of that fine Kentucky bourbon would quell the white knuckle toll booth jitters I will surely carry the rest of the way down. Jest a tad goes very nicely in late afternoon dark roast...Tee! I'll bring you my favorite Sumatra Telong beans then Sharon.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
3:29 AM

Post #6122448

Good grief, Jamie.
I gotta wait that long???

Don't worry about the KY Bourbon. I gotcha covered, m'dear!
pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2009
4:12 AM

Post #6122620

I am so happy medical science finally figured out that coffee is good for you -- with antioxidents that prevent liver cancer. I drank it guiltily for years. Hope you are all taking at least a dose or three per day. I certainly am. Got to keep ourselves healthy, you know!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2009
4:20 AM

Post #6122644

SO SO TRUE!!!
And thanks for reminding us, Pajaritomt. I don't think I could make it through a day without my health food.

Thanks for writing!
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Coffee Bean Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I enjoyed your article onewish1 11 Feb 16, 2009 5:58 PM
Coffee arejay59 5 Feb 11, 2009 2:44 AM
Best LouC 1 Feb 10, 2009 4:38 PM
cuppa joe... Seedtosser1 3 Feb 11, 2009 3:28 AM
Cats, Chocolate ,Coffee cfreid 2 Feb 16, 2009 4:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America