Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cooking: Meal Delivery Services in San Diego?

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 4, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
johnmorrison88

February 12, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #6128205

It has become apparent to me that my elderly parents (who live in San Diego) are not eating like they should. My brother and I are trying to find a meal delivery service that would bring them ready to eat meals 2-3 times per week. Do any of the Houston BBers know if there are such services in San Diego? I went online and saw several national chains that appear to deliver cooked, but frozen meals, but I am looking for ready to eat meals (my parents are apparently forgetting to eat! Wish that would happen to me!)

MistyMeadows
Payneville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2009
3:32 PM

Post #6128246

John,
Could you have the frozen meals deliveredand call them and remind them to put something in the oven? Or you could look into a personal chef, there are many around the country now that might go in once a week and cook meals for the freezer, for a week's time.

Just food for thought.

One more thing is that you might try meals on wheels. They are all over the country and deliver meals at lunchtime 5 days a week for a nominal fee. I think my mother pays $2.00 a meal in Massachusetts.

:) Kathy
chrisanthony55
new york
United States

February 13, 2009
12:42 PM

Post #6132463

Try [url=http://www.organictogo.com]food Delivery Company [/url]. I order from there and the food is great. All you have to do is heat the meals in a microwave. I usually pick my meals up, but I'm fairly sure they have a delivery option as well.

3peaches
Tuckerton, NJ

February 15, 2009
4:56 AM

Post #6140658

My grandmother used meals on wheels at first she didnt want it then she enjoyed it said the food was good the delivery people were nice and in the summer they admired her garden and someone looked in on her every day so its like two dollars for two services. It was only monday thru friday but i went up every weekend. So it gave me peace of mind and i didnt have to worry, even though i called every night she lived over 100 miles away.. Shes since gone and i miss her 9 years this month on the 12. ok enough of that. Meals on wheels
MaVieRose
High Desert, CA
(Zone 8a)

February 15, 2009
9:29 AM

Post #6141028

i have no idea where in San Diego u need the service. the following sites on goggle

meals on wheels, San Diego, Ca. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=meals+on+wheels%2C+San+Diego%2C+Ca&btnG=Search

meal delivery in San Diego http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=Meal+Delivery+Services+in+San+Diego&btnG=Google+Search&aq=-1&oq=

good luck!
ma vie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America