Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Searching for Chocolate Daisy: Mine bloomed the first year

Communities > Forums > Article: Searching for Chocolate Daisy
bookmark
Forum: Article: Searching for Chocolate DaisyReplies: 1, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Katlian
Carson City, NV
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2009
6:40 PM

Post #6129119

Hi Jill,
I was decidedly less cautious with the Berlandiera seeds you sent me. I scattered them in a small patch of bare dirt in the spring and they bloomed the first year. In my yard they only open and smell wonderful for a few hours each morning. I enjoy pulling weeds a lot more when there's such a wonderful scent wafting through the garden. They all survived last winter without any mulch (it kept blowing away). Last winter was pretty mild and moist though, so we'll see how it fares after this year's cold, dry winter.

I snipped a few chocolate daisy blooms to add to our wedding cake last summer. You can just see them in the middle of the cascade.
Janel

Thumbnail by Katlian
Click the image for an enlarged view.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2009
9:26 PM

Post #6129804

How beautiful! I'm glad they did well for you... hoping they come back nicely for both of us this spring!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Searching for Chocolate Daisy Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I second that sallyg 5 Feb 12, 2009 10:47 PM
Hoping for Choc Daisy Blooms too tcs1366 2 Feb 12, 2009 9:57 PM
Chocolate Daisy fauna4flora 0 Feb 12, 2009 8:46 PM
Choc. phicks 1 Feb 13, 2009 12:19 AM
Sweet Aunt_A 1 Feb 13, 2009 4:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America