Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Fruit Bats up Close and Personal: I love bats

Communities > Forums > Article: Fruit Bats up Close and Personal
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fruit Bats up Close and PersonalReplies: 2, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
chubbydoll
Jacksonville, FL

February 13, 2009
1:52 AM

Post #6131130

They are my all time favorite animal, we have many bat items in our house, and even a bat skeleton in acetate. ( we bought it off of an educator) and we have had bat houses too!! I need to get some new ones asap. i have video I took of the Little Brown Bat species here in North Florida flying around my yard eating mosquitos with relish. Best natural bug control..ever

If you love bats you should join Bat Conservation International..its a pheonminal group that helps all species of bat world wide.

Here is a picture of a straw colored fruit bat at my local zoo..I was very lucky to snap the photo at that exact moment when he winked!!

Thumbnail by chubbydoll
Click the image for an enlarged view.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2009
10:21 PM

Post #6134698

Wow, what a great picture! I will look up the conservation group--glad you mentioned it.
LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #6139656

Many thanks for your comments. I agree, the bat photo is waay cool!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fruit Bats up Close and Personal Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I love them! KyWoods 14 Feb 14, 2009 5:24 PM
Neat animals to see dparsons01 2 Feb 15, 2009 12:06 AM
Here in Austin, soive2000 1 Feb 18, 2009 3:34 AM
Cool Bats freebird52 3 Mar 17, 2010 2:09 PM
Bats in Sydney Royal Botanical Gardens etech 5 Mar 3, 2009 9:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America