Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: February Daily Weather #3- Spring is around the corner!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 113, Views: 839
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2009
11:03 AM

Post #6145515

Everyone is welcome to share their weather or share their thoughts.

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/950419/

Good Morning! We had a slow rainy weekend. Our temps started dropping yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed it, but others complained LOL!

49.3 F
Fog
Windchill: 50 F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 45 F
Wind: 3.8 mph
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.06 in (Steady)
Visibility: 0.2 miles
Elevation: 18 ft

Now
Through 6 am...patchy dense fog will continue over portions of the area. Locally dense fog has been rep0rted near Brunswick and Jacksonville with visibilities at or below a half mile. Motorists should drive with extreme caution and allow additional travel time. Use low beams...reduce driving speed...and allow for plenty of room between you and other cars.

Today
Mostly sunny. Breezy. Patchy fog in the morning. High 63. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

Starting off with Sally's sunrise :)

Thumbnail by MySharona
Click the image for an enlarged view.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 16, 2009
11:06 AM

Post #6145518

30 (Wind Chill 25)
Looks like a few flurries are moving in.
Low 40's today... Low 50's tomorrow.

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
2:36 PM

Post #6146075

Thanks, Sharon. Are you feeling better?

Pepper, did you get more pics of the conservatory? I'd love to see more.

Ric and all who've been hit by ice and wind, it's too scary for me to think about what you folks have gone through this past month. But, you soldier on and make the best of things.

Isis feels better but she still isn't happy with us and me, in particular. I'm the one who has get the pills in her and clean her backside. LOL

34F with 46 for the high. Rain this afternoon and tonight. Snow possible tomorrow.
Feels like: 27F

Barometer: 29.9 in ↓
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 43%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: 0 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0 in
Wind: 8 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:20 AM
Sunset: 6:03 PM
UV Index: 3 Low

Darrell was going through some things at his mom's last night and found some pics he thought were lost.

My man. 1980-something.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
2:38 PM

Post #6146083

Nice picture I didn't attach.

Here he is.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2009
5:15 PM

Post #6146819

Darrell is very handsome, Celia. :-)

We got a lot of rain this weekend, which was wonderful. Of course it also means that all of the weeds we pulled last week are back, with their friends and family. Ugh.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53am CST (19 min ago)
Temperature 58 F 14 C
Dew Point 39 F 4 C
Humidity 51%
Pressure 30.34 in 1027.3 mb
Wind Speed 9 MPH 8 kts
Wind Dir E 80
Ceiling 8000 ft 2438 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 53.1F / 11.7C

Today Partly cloudy in the morning, then mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs around 60. East winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 16, 2009
5:26 PM

Post #6146888

We got 1.36 inches of rain overnight and it is still raining. February is usually the month with the most rain.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PST on February 16, 2009
47 F
Light Drizzle
Windchill: 43 F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: 9 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 20 mph
Pressure: 29.81 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1000 ft
Overcast 2500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2009
7:38 PM

Post #6147368

Adina, smiling over the red moon. At least it's not ominous for very long.

Rusty, you're very good at working on the house!

Kwanjin, I think I see those three pounds :o)

Pepper, a scratch and dent.

Ric, ROTFL!! Transylvania!

Marsue, thanks. I've learned to grab the camera and run out if I see an interesting sky. Oh Friday, you have to find better things to eat! YUCK!

Sharon, I'm honored! Stay safe in the fog! And hold on to your hat in those winds!

Kwanjin, it's hard to be the bad guy. What a handsome guy!!

Marylyn, at least you got rain. It will be dry all too soon and you'll be dragging out the hoses.

Kelli, it must be looking good around there with all the rain.

Did I mention my green thumb? or, Any one want tip cuttings?

Thumbnail by billyporter

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2009
11:28 PM

Post #6148447

It started out cold this morning, warmed up pretty good and now is getting cold again. Sunny all day with little to no wind.

Been out shopping all day again. Had to get more clothes for my neice and our favorite used clothes store was having a half off sale of everything and cargo largo, my fav scratch and dent store, had a huge sale going on too. Got tons of clothes for my neice for $2 each.

Another pic of the conservatory. I hope this isn't the same one I did last time. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2009
11:30 PM

Post #6148462

Ric Did you get any more flurries?
Celia Yes, much better Thanks! I missed the part about Isis. What happened? Nice pic of Darrell! He reminds of a young Andy Garcia.
Marylyn Yep its time to get the kneepads out and start weeding LOL!
Kelli Congrats on more rain!
Sally LOL Id love a couple of tip cuttings thats one handsome bloom youve got going!

51.8 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 37 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.21 in(Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy frost after midnight. Low 38. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2009
11:31 PM

Post #6148468

pepper - I love a good sale! nice picture!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2009
11:32 PM

Post #6148480

There were so many sales going on today. We hit 4 places and are plum worn out. LOL

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2009
12:14 AM

Post #6148693

Pepper, I wish I was with you today! Nothing beats sales! The conservatory is nice. I wish I could have that room in my house.

Sharon, too late, he flew the coop :o) s Soooo cute!

Pepper, worn out! You're practically a teenager!

I forgot to say it hit 36*, was hardly a breeze and sunny. Now it's Dyson dark and I need to close shades.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 17, 2009
12:22 AM

Post #6148734

It's been in the thirty's all day, feels like 10 with the stupid wind. It's from the south, always a cold wind this time of the year.
We were in Mankato today. They let them all loose! I've never seen so many lousy drivers at one time. Must have been a lot of people with the day off because of the holiday.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2009
12:42 AM

Post #6148795

Celia: what a handsome young sailor!
Sally: LOL--cuttings indeed!
Pepper: nothing makes one tired like a hard day of shopping--LOL!! It's a "good tired", though. Pretty picture.
Sharon: poor pups--what a hard life!!

Cooler today but sun was shining. I spent quite a bit of time outdoors with Friday--wrapped up in my coat and muffler. He's so spoiled that he won't stay outside without me. I can chain him to a stake but all he does is sit at the end of the chain and yelp until I go outside with him. Today I took a stool outside and plopped it down where the yard wasn't shaded by the house and I sat in the sunshine and read a magazine while Friday played with a small plastic flower pot. As long as I am out there with him, he is content to play with one of his toys. He loves being outdoors but only if I am out there with him.

High today in low 50's, mildly windy with abundant sunshine. 35F for a low tonight with clouds moving in and 30% chance of rain tomorrow. Now get this--on Wednesday it is supposed to be 69 and then on Thursday, back down to mid-40's for a high. Talk about yo-yo weather!!!
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #6148923

21F this evening after a partly sunny day with a high of 32F. We've received an inch or 2 of snow the past couple of days but it should be gone by Wed as the temps rise into the mid- 30's. Then we're expecting another week of highs in the 20's. The big windstorm that blew through last week downed a lot of trees and caused other damage. I always lose a few trees in my woods when we have a big wind so I was surprised to find no damage this time. I have enough wood from the big cherry that blew down last fall to keep my fire ring burning for years.

Billy...I've never tried grow-lights on our cats. Do you use Miracle Grow or some other fertilizer as well?

Kelli...Looks like you're getting quite a storm out there. Plenty of rain and heavy snows in the mountains.

Adina...I love those big orange/red full moons. They always look gigantic coming up over the horizon.

Joey...Here's the photo of Casey you asked for. He's doing what he does best. Chewing on whatever he can get his hands on. He's getting his first tooth.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2009
1:44 AM

Post #6149051

I didn't know you could force Pussy Willows indoors...Thanks BP! LOL!

Celia believe me our place was barely grazed by the storms.
Just a few streets over they were really pounded.
Weeks w/o power... massive property damage.
Strange how widespread the damage was and we were spared.
Only two downed limbs after a Hurricane and an Ice storm...
power only out for 7 hours... in the early Fall... I can live w/ that.
I was more an inconvenience and scare for us.

Kelli I've been reading about that storm hammering the west coast.
7' of snow in some spots.
I got caught in one of those decades back.
GREAT skiing!
IF you were one of those trapped at the resort! LOL!

Ric
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2009
1:55 AM

Post #6149088

We had a beautiful two day stretch of weather. Above freezing and sunny. Melted the 1-1/2 inch of snow off the garage roof one day and dried it off yesterday, in time for my son to paste down loose shingles and replace the ones blown off in the windstorm. Everything is good and tight for the moment. LOL

Sunshine again today and temps above freezing, still chilly with the wind. My hubby and I went bargain hunting today and I found a breadmaking machine with instruction book that looked like it was never used for $10.00. And I can take it back if it doesn't work. Now I need to find some recipes as my DH is salivating over homemade bread. (Doesn't take much to keep him happy) I will find things to do until spring comes.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #6149143

se_eds I have dozens of bread books and hundreds of recipes.
I collect ethic and regional baking lore.
What kind of bread does he crave?

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2009
10:56 AM

Post #6150251

Bernie LOL! Come to Florida, notoriously we have the worst drivers from all over the world!
Mau Talk about a hard life! Friday is as spoiled as our pups. If Pea wants something she makes this tiny whiny sound errr err errrrrrrrrr!
E_B Glad you didnt have any tree damage this year. Casey is so cute. He is concentrating very hard on the teether! Look at those gorgeous blue eyes : )
Se_eds I would be as big as a house if I had a bread maker LOL! $10-what a great deal! My sister used to make awesome onion bread. Ill try to find that recipe for you.

41.2 F
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 41 F
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 32 F
Pressure: 30.27 in (Steady)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 100 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Patchy fog in the morning...otherwise increasing high clouds. High 59. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

whatcha doooin? Pea's freckles are becoming more prominent. Obedience Training begins April 14th at Petco. This is a class for Chi's only. I found out they are the only breed that recognize their own breed. The woman who does the training says it's like a little party.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2009
1:42 PM

Post #6150553

EB: Casey is SOOOO cute!!! Now you will have to start giving us a "Casey fix" every so often, like Joey does with JW! Get lots of neck sugars for me! LOL When my grandchildren were younger I would give them "fast kisses" all over their face and neck. They would squal with delight and invariably respond with "Do it again!" LOL In fact, one of my 14 yr. old "granddaughters" (actually my best friend's granddaughter, but like my own) still asks me to give her "fast kisses". :o))

Ric: glad you missed the worst of those storms!

Se_eds: $10.00 --what a bargain! Like Sharon, I would be as big as a house if I had a breadmaker--I can make a meal off fresh, hot bread any day of the week!

Sharon: Cute freckles on Pea! Do you think I could disguise Friday as a chihuahua--he needs obedience lessons, too! LOL

Overcast with 70% chance of rain this morning, tapering off this afternoon. It was raining earlier but has stopped for now. High today in low 50's.
Today Showers
High 52F
Precip 50%
Wind: S 11 mph
Max. Humidity: 70%
UV Index: 2 Low
Sunrise: 6:51 AM CT
Avg. High: 56F
Record High: 78F (1986)
Tonight: Isolated T-Storms
Overnight Low 49F
Precip 30%
Wind: SSW 12 mph
Max. Humidity: 85%
Sunset: 5:53 PM CT
Avg. Low: 32F
Record Low: 13F (1980

Yesterday's sunrise

Thumbnail by marsue

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 17, 2009
1:46 PM

Post #6150570

One stretch of road we were on yesterday, has a 45MPH speed limit. For over a mile 2 cars were setting the pace at barely 20MPH. They managed to make every red light too.
I know on a regular day they would not have been there!
I saw people making U -Turns all over the place. They are the same ones that will bit** about cops stopping them or trying to blame accidents on something other than their stupidity!

23 going for high 30's today. Sunny.

We are going to sheetrock the living room in the flip house today. It had 1950's paneling on the walls. Owners tried painting it, but it didn't work. Going to look brand new now.

I added to my web site. Go look. www.berniescabinets.com

Have a Great Day!
Bernie
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2009
1:57 PM

Post #6150615

Bernie: all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW! You do beautiful work. I like Audrianna's kitchen the best, though! :o) )
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2009
2:18 PM

Post #6150693

Bernie - LOL! I always get stuck behind a tourist doing 20 in the 30-45 areas! Usually always a few minutes late for work during Spring and Summer.

Mau I forgot to add - beautiful sunrise!

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 9:21 AM

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2009
4:22 PM

Post #6151175

I'm behind. Again. But, not by much. I'll catch up later, except...

Sharon, Isis has an infection in her backside. Her blood work came in yesterday and she doesn't appear to have anything bad. No heartworm, diabetes, etc... She does, however, have elevated protein in her urine and an elevated white blood count. Her Dr. is investigating why.

33F with 38 for the high. It snowed and will snow again tomorrow. Just enough to make everything white. It's melting.
Feels like: 29F

Barometer: 29.8 in
Dewpoint: 30
Humidity: 89%
Visibility: 3 miles
Precip in last hr: 0.08 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.01 in
Wind: 5 mph ESE
Sunrise: 7:19 AM
Sunset: 6:04 PM

Monty thinks Isis is funny!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 17, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #6151541

Wow, Monty!LOL
Ric, I have no fear because of Transilvania, it's just a story!LOL Actually, it was a sci-fi episode when the red mood meant something was wrong with the sun and the Earth was destroyed...grrrr!
E_B, what a beautiful face ! Congratulations for the first tooth!
Sharon, cute pics! Pea is going to the training lessons, wow!
Pepper, wonderful conservatory!
Mau, beuatiful sunrise!
It's been snowing again and freezing this morning. Sunny at noon.
Buck says Hi!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 17, 2009
6:14 PM

Post #6151648

First snow on my conifer trees!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 17, 2009
6:17 PM

Post #6151664

A branch.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 17, 2009
7:07 PM

Post #6151839

Cloudy, 50 and windy again.

Another conservatory pic. This is a shot of the voodoo lily before it opened. I was there last week and it was open but I didn't manage to go in there to smell it. Forgot my camera too so couldn't take a pic of it. Heard it wasn't too bad as long as you didn't stick you nose in it. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2009
9:00 PM

Post #6152291

Spring is officially here - the Texas Mountain Laurels are blooming. Some years the Mexican Plum blooms first, but this year the plum is just starting to bud. I'd take a photo, but our camera was dropped and it has gone to digital heaven. Our "year in review" DVD could be really short next year! LOL I'll see if I have a good photo from last year...

We have company coming tonight, so if you see me on DG, shoo me off. I'm supposed to be cleaning the house. ;-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 2:53pm CST (6 min ago)
Temperature 72 F 22 C
Dew Point 66 F 19 C
Humidity 81%
Pressure 29.94 in 1013.8 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH 15 kts
Wind Dir SSE 160
Ceiling 2400 ft 732 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 76 F 24 C
Current Conditions Cloudy
Remarks Trace precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 59.0F / 15.0C
3 hour precipitation ending 2:53pm CST : Trace
This afternoon Cloudy with areas of drizzle and isolated showers. Warmer. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Tonight Mostly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2009
11:13 PM

Post #6152858

Mau Well get a Chihuahua Halloween costume for Friday. No one will know the difference!
Bernie Your cabinets are beautiful!
Celia- Tell Monty its not nice to laugh at his sister. His yawn rivals Sylvesters LOL!
Adina Awwww Buck is adorable! Such a sweet face
Pepper Ill take your word on the scent of the voodoo lily LOL!
Marylyn Have fun tonight! The Tex Mtn Laurel is so pretty!

55.4 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 34 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the SE
Pressure: 30.21 in(Falling)
Clouds: Few 1000 ft
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Low 45. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Boo is having a bad hair day. Look at the center of her back :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 17, 2009
11:23 PM

Post #6152899

Very overcast & 38. Weather liars were right on, forecast sun all day. Sun came out at sunrise, clouds moved in 3 minutes later, no sun all day.
Do they have to many instruments ?
Old times did better with the things like "Red sky at night, sailors delight, red sky in morning sailors warning."
Whirlwinds in the fields meant dry weather. That always holds true.
Full moon in late September or early October, look for freezing temperatures over night.

We stopped & put doors on this little pantry today. This is Rustic Alder with Provincial stain. The glass is called "Glue Chip".

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2009
11:52 PM

Post #6153035

Monty, it's not nice to make fun of your siblings--especially when they are sick!!

Adina: Buck is so handsome! and the snow on the conifer branches is pretty, too!

Pepper: I'm not too sure about that voodoo lily but the other flowers are very pretty!

Okay, Marylyn, I'm shooing you off----LOL!! Pretty laurels.

It's been a dreary, drizzly day but I managed to make it to the beauty shop to get my hair cut. I always feel as if I have lost 5 pounds whenever I get my hair cut--wish losing weight was really that easy!!! LOL

Currently a light mist is falling and 40+ F on my backporch. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 60's or low 70's!! Go figure this crazy weather!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2009
1:57 AM

Post #6153667

Lovely shots Adina!
How to you know the Transylvania stories aren't just real?
Maybe they just want to make you 'think' they're fiction to lure you in...
I'd keep raising the garlic! lol!
Give Buck a biscuit for me and tell him Hi! back!

Bernie the web site is getting better and better!
There are a few dead picture links this evening though.
Teething pains... aren't they fun.
Top notch work!
I love the client shots... GREAT advertising!

Rainy here and temps are going up.
We should be in the upper 40's by morning.

Ric

This message was edited Feb 19, 2009 8:14 PM
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2009
2:27 AM

Post #6153789

12 degrees here on the back porch. Where is spring? It did get up into the mid 30's and beautiful sunshine. Supposed to get snow tonight - just enough to glaze the roads for the AM commute for working people.

MySharona, thanks for the recipe. The bread machine made a 'funky loaf'. (Not your recipe) I always used to make bread by hand and buy flour in 50 lb sacks. Course I had to feed 10 people - with the helpers, and they were not fat. LOL I will try using it as a mixer and bake the loaf in the oven, and give the remnants of todays experiment to the birds.

We have a local Sr. Citizens place so I can make it for the fun of it, try my various recipes, and it will not go to waste. I would rather smell it baking than eat it.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2009
4:11 AM

Post #6154283

It snowed off and on all day but none is in evidence now. It is now 34 and Dyson Dark.

I'm in agreement with Ric, bernie. Your website is great.

Monty appologized to Isis.

We stopped at Darrell's mom's house last night and went through more things. One of his brothers was there and he brought his dog. Say "Hello" to Max.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 18, 2009
5:21 AM

Post #6154515

We got 1.8 inches of rain yesterday and almost 0.3 inches today. We've got more rain in the past two weeks than in the whole 2006/2007 season.

Dyson dark now.

Updated: 8:51 PM PST on February 17, 2009
50 F
Overcast
Windchill: 50 F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 42 F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.17 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 2500 ft
Overcast 3700 ft
(Above Ground Level)

random picture from the archives - Johnstown, PA

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2009
10:59 AM

Post #6154862

Bernie I like that cabinet esp the glass
Mau LOL I know how you feel about the haircut. Im thinking about going shorter this summer.
Se_eds Youre welcome! Youll really like that bread. My mom used to make all bread homemade. We loved it and were slim too! That is probably one of the best scents on the planet for me. I would have a hard time not eating the whole loaf by myself LOL! With my thyroid problem Ive had to learn to cut back (not out) on the carbs. My system stores carbs as fat. I enjoy a good splurge now and then. I feel a lot better since Ive added lots more fruit and veggies to my diet.
Celia Did Isis turn Monty into a d-o-g? LOL! Just kidding! Hi Monty- I mean Max!
Kelli Neat pic!

55.9 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 41 F
Wind Gust: 4.4 mph
Pressure: 30.06 in (Falling)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 7 PM EST this evening...

Today
Mostly cloudy and windy. High 70. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph.

Another cool down begins tomorrow. As you can tell I'm enjoying the cooler weather! Prissy and Sweet Pea playing tug-of-war.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2009
2:13 PM

Post #6155255

Se_eds: I not only like to smell fresh bread baking but I also enjoy the eating part! LOL
Celia: nice Max!
Kelli: congrats on the rain! Neat picture of Johnstown, PA.
Sharon: at least Prissy knows how to play with Pea--she could gobble her up in one bite! LOL

It was 60F on my back porch at 5:30 a.m. today and talk about humidity!---the covered area of the porch was completely wet even though all the rain moved through late last night. Today the local weather guys/gals have predicted a high around 70F even though the Weather Channel says 65. The temp will be back down tomorrow by about 20+ degrees!! Currently 63F and plenty of sunshine. :o))

Something from last season

edited to add: scratch that 63F--I just went outside to sweep off the back porch and it is already 70F out there! LOL

This message was edited Feb 18, 2009 8:43 AM

Thumbnail by marsue

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #6155982

36* and almost Dyson Dim at 10:45 am. It spit a bit of rain last night and this morn, but It doesn't look like we got much. It might rain and it might snow. I might care.

Early, LOL. Never thought of fertilizer :o) Casey is so serious and so adorable!

Sharon, interesting about the chi's recognizing their own breed. I think a pit bull might too.

Marsue, gorgeous sunrise!!

Kwanjin, amazing how big a cat's mouth is!

Hi Buck! You're a handsome guy! Adina, I'll look at your snow because ours is gone!

Pepper, I had a dead mouse plant. Eeewwww, they'll take your breath away! It sure had a neat umbrella of leaves before it bloomed tho.

Sharon, giggling over Boo's bed hair!

Bernie, agreed on the weather liars! What a lovely cabinet!

Seeds, I had a bread machine and gave it to Goodwill. I think handmade taste better.

Hello Max! You're a cutie!

Wow Kelli! I'll bet you have puddles now :o)

Prissy and Pea play so well together. It's so cute!

Marsue, beautiful! I can't wait for daylilies!

Sorry I didn't hit everyone. I've got to catch up, get off and clean house myself. We get the Grandkids tomorrow, for two days. See you after!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2009
5:09 PM

Post #6156032

LOL Sharon!

34F with 43 for the high and clearing clouds. Maybe we'll see the sun today.
Feels like: 28F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↑
Dewpoint: 28
Humidity: 79%
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.2 in
Wind: 7 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:17 AM
Sunset: 6:05 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #6156125

Celia is that Monty Python?
MAN that's a bnig mouth!

No ndoubt who'll win that tug of war!
Our neighbor had a Boston when I was growing up.
I'd hang a towel over the fence and she'd latch on.
Then pick her up w/ the towel and drop her in our yard.
After we got done playing she'd latch on again and I'd lower her back over the fence.

It's drizzley and 55 here.
The temps will start dropping here soon after some T-Storms move thru.
Snow by morning...

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2009
5:42 PM

Post #6156189

As a matter of fact, Ric, Monty's full name IS Monty Python!!!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2009
10:27 PM

Post #6157322

Cold, Wet & almost Dark
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2009
10:49 PM

Post #6157427

It's beautiful outside right now.. sunny and 78. It was raining off and on earlier, so we haven't spent too much time out there. We did take a long break from homeschool and met Daddy for lunch. I love being able to do that. :-) We made it up afterwards, and so far the big bunny thinks division is easy and fun, so I must be doing something right. LOL It's going to be clear and chilly tonight; we're probably going to want a jacket when we get out of church! (Yes, we're really really wimpy down here!)

Thanks for shooing me, Marilyn. :-) The house got cleaned, and the dinner went well.

The Monty and Pea photos were hilarious! LOL

Hi, Max and Boo!

Bernie, the pantry doors are beautiful! :-)

I used to play tug of war with towels with a rottweiler. (A really really really nice rottweiler... he was such a sweet dog!) He always won! I sure wouldn't have been able to lift him over a fence with the towel, though. LOL

I would love to have a bread machine, but I could eat a whole loaf on my own, too... I'm probably much better off without one. :-) I've never made homemade bread. Someday... :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 3:53pm CST (44 min ago)
Temperature 78 F 26 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 63%
Pressure 29.83 in 1010.2 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 80 F 27 C Temp | 24 Max | 24 Min | Dew Point | Pressure | Feels Like
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 70.0F / 21.1C

Tonight Partly cloudy early in the evening then becoming mostly clear. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2009
11:32 PM

Post #6157603

Mau Lovely daylily!
Sally Have fun with the GKs!
Ric We do the towel thing with Priss and with rope. She loves that game!
Dyson - We'll be getting your rain this evening.

68.5 F
Overcast
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 48 F
Wind: 8.1 mphfrom the WSW
Wind Gust: 15.3 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 4600 ft
Overcast 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM EST Thursday...

Tonight
Windy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then showers likely and chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may be severe with damaging winds. Locally heavy rainfall possible after midnight. Low 61. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Nap time

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 19, 2009
12:24 AM

Post #6157878

Typical 35 degree overcast day here in Pa. This evening we had a snow/sleet and rainstorm move in. Currently 34 deg so it is not freezing on the roads. MY DH and I got outside trips done early this AM and are able to relax inside in this ugly later winter weather.

Man, I can hardly believe 70 deg out side this time of year marsue/ Lucky you - but watch out for those ugly storms sweeping across the south.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 19, 2009
12:28 AM

Post #6157900

yes,se_eds, the temp is already dropping and the wind is picking up. no storms forecast for our area. A low of 34F forecast for tonight and a high of around 50 for tomorrow. We enjoyed it while it lasted, though.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2009
1:22 AM

Post #6158185

Low 30s here, cloudy and windy all day. Looked like it would snow and I heard reports that there were a few flurries in places.

Female cardinal in cedar tree.

Thumbnail by pepper23

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2009
10:46 AM

Post #6159535

Shutting down the pc - just in case

66.0 F
Overcast
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 57 F
Wind: 8.3 mphfrom the SW
Wind Gust: 12.8 mph
Pressure: 29.77 in(Falling)
Clouds: Overcast 2200 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
Tornado Watch 30 in effect until 9 am EST this morning...
Freeze watch in effect from late Friday night through Saturday morning...

Today
Mostly cloudy this morning then partly cloudy. Showers likely and chance of thunderstorms in the morning. Some thunderstorms may be severe with tornadoes and damaging winds. High 68. West winds 15 to 20 mph gusting to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Radar image looks a little scary - lots of thunder and lightening.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 19, 2009
11:08 AM

Post #6159556

Went to bed at 40 and rain woke to 28 (Wind Chill 17) and 1/2" of snow.
Going to be fun scraping the car out for sure! lol!

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 19, 2009
2:08 PM

Post #6159998

Pepper: nice pic of the cardinal.
Sharon: hope you don't get any storms down your way!
Ric: scraping ice off the windshield--what fun--NOT!

Colder here today but back up to 60F tomorrow, then colder again over the week-end. Yo-yo weather!! :o((

Today Sunny
High 50F
Precip 0%
Wind: NW 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 40%
UV Index: 5 Moderate
Sunrise: 6:49 AM CT
Avg. High: 57F
Record High: 82F (1986)
Tonight Mostly Clear
Overnight Low 28F
Precip 0%
Wind: W 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 56%
Sunset: 5:55 PM CT
Avg. Low: 33F
Record Low: 12F (1978)

My Thanksgiving/Christmas cactus has more buds on it now than it did at Christmas.

Thumbnail by marsue

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2009
3:07 PM

Post #6160233

Mau, maybe it thought you needed the pick-me-up more now.

Sharon, keep your head down! Sweetpea sure is happy with you.

Ric, scraping is better than shoveling. NOT!!!

Pepper, how cute!

28F with 44 for the high. It's sunny skies for the next few days. Woo hoo!
Feels like: 20F

Barometer: 30.5 in
Dewpoint: 21
Humidity: 70%
Wind: 8 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:16 AM
Sunset: 6:07 PM
UV Index: 4 Moderate

We have tulips showing their foliage finally. I can't find the daffys yet. They're usually up by now.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2009
5:10 PM

Post #6160906

Celia, I think the daffys are hiding a bit longer this year. Mine aren't popping up yet either but my tulips have been showing foilage for awhile.

It's alot nicer outside than I thought it was gonna be today. I think it's in the high 30s cause I just wore a sweater when I had to make a run out to PG. Sun is shining and the high pressure has finally moved thru so the wind has died down. Perfect day for gardening but there's none to be done.

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2009
6:00 PM

Post #6161093

Cute birdies, Pepper.

I found this when I woke this morning. My indoor forsythia is growing foliage and bloomed today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 19, 2009
6:46 PM

Post #6161266

Pepper, such beautiful cardinals!
Sharon, your doggies are so cute!
Ric, since Transilvania is a part of Romania, I know the stories are just stories, but I'll sow some garlick in my garden, just in case!LOL
Mau, that is such a beautiful lilly!
Kelli, great picture!
Celia, Max is so cute!
Marylyn, lovely view! It's great spring is already there!
We are having a big snowstorm, the wind is blowing so hard, especially here, on our field. It was scary when driving back home today I felt the car shaking...grrr! Still, it's not that cold and the snow is melting.
More snow on the snowdrops.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 19, 2009
6:50 PM

Post #6161285

Celia, that is so beautiful! This reminds me about the forsythia my DH ripped off las fall, without knowing what that was...arghhh! Now I'll have to find another branch to plant...
Azaleea in full bloom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2009
7:32 PM

Post #6161432

Well, at noon the weatherman said it was only 26 deg outside. Feels closer to 40 to me. LOL
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2009
9:36 PM

Post #6161902

Bright - Windy - COLD!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 19, 2009
9:46 PM

Post #6161960

Interesting how everyone's Thanksgiving cacti are blooming now.

Updated: 12:51 PM PST on February 19, 2009
70 F
Clear
Humidity: 27%
Dew Point: 34 F
Wind: 6 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.15 in (Falling)
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -

This is a house at California Citrus State Historic Park. (Why is there a hump in the shingles below the chimney?)

Thumbnail by Kelli

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 19, 2009
9:54 PM

Post #6161985

One roofer wasn't working fast enough!

Here's what we delivered today. The lady that ordered it calls it a harvest table.

23 today, sun shining brightly.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 19, 2009
9:55 PM

Post #6161989

LOL!

The table is fabulous
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2009
11:15 PM

Post #6162283

We got hammered this morning! Lots of thunder, lightening and 1.3 of rain. Youd think with all that noise going on there would have been more rain! No damage.

Pepper Great close up of the female Cardinal! What are the other birds in the later picture?
Celia Pretty forsythia!
Adina It amazes me to see flowers blooming in the snow, very pretty sight! Glad you made it home safely in the storm.
Kelli That sounds like a question for Bernie and Ric LOL!
Bernie Thats a beautiful table!

67.5 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 29 F
Wind: 9.4 mphfrom the West
Wind Gust: 15.7 mph
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
Freeze watch in effect from late Friday night through Saturday morning...

Tonight
Windy early. Clear. Much colder. Low 36. Northwest winds 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 19, 2009
11:54 PM

Post #6162430

Kelli: the cardinals make pretty "ornaments" in that tree. Funny about the roof--looks like somebody didn't know what they were doing!
Celia: nice forsythia. I had a HUGE forsythia bush at my other house which was beautiful early every spring. Planted four of them here last year but they aren't doing anything yet.
Adina: the snowdrops are well-named. :o)) That's a beautiful red azalea!
Pepper: I don't think 26 has ever felt like 40 to me! LOL
Dyson: It's been bright, windy and cold here today, too.
Bernie: beautiful harvest table!
Sharon: glad all that "hammering" created no damage!

Currently 45 and sunny but heading toward sunset quickly. Feels colder than 45 to me.

Here's a weed or a wildflower, depending on your point of view, that is blooming in my flowerbed today.

Thumbnail by marsue

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2009
12:56 AM

Post #6162739

20F with heavy snows and wind this evening. Lake effect snow warning in effect untill 4:00pm tomorrow. Highs in the 20's forecast until next Tues. when the 30's return.

Bernie...beautiful table!

Kelli...Nice photo of Johnstown. You can see how a flood could come rolling down that valley. That roof looks like a rafter buckled...or something? Something sure caused the shingles to heave.

Pepper...Those cardinals sure brighten a dull winter day. The storm blowing through here today sure brought a mob of birds to my feeder.

Photo: Think you have a tough commute? Check out this Amish girl I passed this afternoon. The Amish in this area were given permission to own bicycles 7 or 8 years ago and they don't let weather stop them!

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2009
12:57 AM

Post #6162745

Another "through the windshield" shot from my ride home from work.

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2009
1:06 AM

Post #6162787

The feeder is busy...

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2009
1:07 AM

Post #6162789

While Big Kitty naps.

early_bloomer

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2009
1:24 AM

Post #6162843

Whoa E_B!

Kelli if that were my house I'd be looking for a cracked rafter.

Bernie I love that table.
Did you do the top too?
What wood?

This morning I'd have killed for snow.
Wet roads when I left turned to black ice before I got to work.
I saw at least 8 wrecks in a 4 mile stretch.
Several Hwy's were closed for salting to get things straightened out.

25 (Wind Chill 13)

Here's a shot from yesterday...
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2009
1:26 AM

Post #6162851

And a little Holland...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 20, 2009
1:58 AM

Post #6163000

Top is mixture of White Hard Maple & Natural Hard Maple. We built it of course. It weighs a ton. 2" thick so should last forever.
Still 15 here.
I am going out to work on a chicken nest. Young pullets are starting to lay, so need more nests.

Bernie

This message was edited Feb 19, 2009 7:59 PM
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2009
4:07 AM

Post #6163549

I love to see Snowdrops, whether here or in Romania!!! Early Bloomer, it is hard to believe we are in the same state sometimes. Weather is much more moderate here today, temps in the mid to low 30's and no snow. It IS staying much colder at night than normal for this time of year.
Stay safe and warm, all!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 20, 2009
11:02 AM

Post #6164092

E_B That would be an even tougher commute without the bike. Shes one tough female! I bet Big Kitty is glad he missed all the action at the feeder!

41.0 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 39 F
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 12 F
Wind: 3.2 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 5.6 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Rising)

Freeze warning in effect from 1 am to 8 am EST Saturday...

Today
Sunny...cooler. High 54. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 20, 2009
11:33 AM

Post #6164119

E_B, great shots! Wow, winter doesn't want to get away from you either!
Sharon, so beautiful!
Ric, your snowdrops' leaves are darker than mine.
Bernie, your table looks great.
Mau, the wildflower is beautiful.
The wind isn't blowing that hard anymore, but it's still Dyson dark, maybe will be snowing.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2009
2:42 PM

Post #6164576

LOL at the kitty!!! He/she slept through the whole thing! Monty always looks at us like..."Hey! Those birds are eating your seeds!"

Sharon, that is one beautiful pic of the sea. Love it!

Adina, I'm glad the wind died down for you.

Ric, you give me hope for spring.

Mau, cute little flower/weed. Any idea what it is?

Kelli, it does look like something has broken under that roof.

EB, we haven't had snow like that in...oh...a couple of weeks. Wow! That girl has guts!

29F with 46 for the high and more sunshine.
Feels like: 24F

Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 53%
Precip in last hr: NA
Wind: 5 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 6:08 PM

Random shot from Park City last year.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2009
5:36 PM

Post #6165405

EB: great snow shots! That Amish girl is really wanting to go somewhere!! Some of the Amish down here drive cars or maybe they are Mennonites--don't really know for sure. I'm sure Big Kitty is glad he was warm and cozy inside.
Ric: black ice is the worst! Glad you weren' t involved in any of those accidents.
Nice snowdrops.
Sharon: beautiful photo!! I'm saving it for my desktop, with your permission.
Celia: I have no idea what the little wildflower is but it is pretty, huh? That sign would certainly keep one from leaving a child unattended!! LOL Nothing like caffeine and a puppy to make a kid extremely hyper!!

According to the weather channel, our low last night was in the mid-20's but today the high will be near 60F. Then tomorrow the high will be in the mid-40's! Yo-yo weather again! :o(( The poor flowers and shrubs don't know what to do.

Here is a pic of my Oranges and Lemons Gaillardia beginning to emerge. I covered it with leaves last night so it wouldn't freeze.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2009
5:37 PM

Post #6165412

Oh, and just look what I found in the grass! Oh, wait--that's not a wildflower--it's a "wild Friday"!!

Thumbnail by marsue

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 20, 2009
7:09 PM

Post #6165843

Mau, Friday is so sweet! It's great to see the sun, even in pics, thanks! I almost felt the warmth!LOL
Celia, the add is so funny!
My star lily is blooming.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2009
8:23 PM

Post #6166114

Isis and Monty come in looking like that sometimes, Mau! LOL

Shhh...don't tell Sharon I added her pic as my background, too...shhhhh...

Another random pic from Park City.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2009
9:18 PM

Post #6166315

It's nice and warm here. Sunny too!!

Curly trying to get Whiskers to play. Whiskers isn't having it. Pretty soon he will lift that one paw and swipe him to try and convince Curly that he doesn't wanna play. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2009
9:21 PM

Post #6166330

Ahhhh...cuties!

I found my daffys. They're about an inch tall and well hidden.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 20, 2009
9:38 PM

Post #6166410

Thanks everyone! I love that ocean picture!

Celia That sign is hysterical!
Mau They are probably Mennonites. Ok the pic as background! That is the cutest wildflower kinda big though LOL!! Prissy and the cats come in looking like that too.
Adina I know you are excited to see your buds coming up!
Celia That is a COOL sky pic!
Pepper Curly and Whiskers are adorable!
Celia Spring is coming!

50.9 F
Clear
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 20 F
Pressure: 30.18 in (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Freeze warning in effect from 1 am to 8 am EST Saturday...

Tonight
Clear. Patchy frost after midnight. Low 29. North winds 5 mph.

Brrrr gonna be a cold one tonight. I've got the blankets ready to go. Take in August. Remember how much Callie likes Blue Days? LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 20, 2009
10:01 PM

Post #6166498

thanks for you info pepper, on the recovery store...

it is in the 70's here today & a bit windy.
Got to do some gardening & planted seeds. hope everyone is doing well!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2009
4:58 PM

Post #6169735

That Callie...what are we going to so with her? LOL

33F with 50 for today!!! Yea!!!
Feels like: 27F

Barometer: 30.4 in ↑
Dewpoint: 22
Humidity: 60%
Wind: 7 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:13 AM
Sunset: 6:09 PM

Crocuses under the roses. I sooooooo need to get this grass cleared out.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2009
6:08 PM

Post #6169980

Cold, windy and sunny.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 21, 2009
6:10 PM

Post #6169986

Well - it's official - we're moving. Only 4 miles and still on the island. This house is way too small for the 4 of us. It's just shy of 1000sf and with 3 men well over 6' and around 210lbs each it's just not big enough. We found a 4/2 for the same price we are paying here. The owner may want to sell. I'd love to buy, but a lot of people here are still holding out for more than what a house is worth. That part is still in the air.

I started today digging up plants I want to take and taking cuttings of others. Lady Margaret is going with me. The freeze helped play a part in that with killing off alot of the green. I'm going to miss my little cul-de-sac. We have had a couple of issues with one neighbors 17y/o GS. He has jsut been released from juvie and has been offering cigarettes to Gary. Jeff confronted him about it and the kid threatened Jeff. Jeff found out he carries a switchblade with him. Sorry - but the kid scares me. I feel it's a matter of time before he blows his cool with someone.

Celia- Your crocus is beautiful!
Pepper - Enjoy that weather! I sure am LOL!

59.7 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 27%
Dew Point: 26 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the ESE
Pressure: 30.30 in (Falling)
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Rest of Today
Mostly sunny. High 59. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

It's almost 60* hehehehe :) Peanut is sitting on top of Callie.

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2009
6:30 PM

Post #6170057

Light snow when we got up...mid 40's and clearing now...

Sharon good luck on the move!
Hope it works out.
Let the police take care of the kid.
If he's carrying and just out of Juvie... he's probably in violation.

If that were our cat Peanut would be LUNCH! LOL!

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2009
6:36 PM

Post #6170077

Good luck on the move Sharon!! I also made your last pic my current background. Waaay too cute!! LOL
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2009
7:08 PM

Post #6170187

Sunny, Bright, Light wind & Cold, I am so ready for spring to get here.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 21, 2009
9:07 PM

Post #6170591

Sharon, you're moving out, so exciting! So scary about the boy who threatened Jeff...grrrr! You'll have so much to do now...I can hardly wait to see your new house!
Celia, such beautiful crocuses!
It's been sunny all day too, then it became adrk and began snowing again...ugh!
The lily has bloomed!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2009
10:42 PM

Post #6170871

Adina what a pretty Amarylis!
I love the old school ones.

It's been snowing here for about an hour.
Rain, Rain, Rain then Poof! SNOW!

Kelli I just talked to my BIL out there.
He ran across a small nursery going out of business off Foothill some months back.
Bought all their cacti.
Which are blooming now in the rains.
He said he can see plenty of snow from his place still.
Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 22, 2009
12:26 AM

Post #6171290

Nasty little snowstorm last night. 3 to 4 inches of the stuff, then a strong NW wind all night & today. Roads are rough to drive on.
20 now.

Flea market this weekend. Pretty good crowd. Got some cabinet business & sold a bunch of eggs. Looking for better day tomorrow as weather will be better.

Bernie
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2009
1:00 AM

Post #6171412

Sharon, it sounds like you have a couple of very good reasons for moving.

Adina, the amaryllis looks great.

Ric, at first I thought you were going to say that your BIL bought the nursery.

Updated: 3:51 PM PST on February 21, 2009
68 F
Overcast
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 41 F
Wind: 6 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 30.03 in (Falling)
Clouds: Overcast 20000 ft

hiking pictures - old barn - That kind of roof seems typical of barns in California.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2009
1:00 AM

Post #6171414

unfinished reconstruction of a Chumash Indian house

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2009
1:02 AM

Post #6171422

If I didn't know where this was, I'd guess that it was Alaska.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2009
1:05 AM

Post #6171441

greenness

Thumbnail by Kelli

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2009
2:11 AM

Post #6171685

Those rains have really popped everything out there Kelli!
Nice to see green eh? lol!

Well we had maybe 1/4" of snow but it's done now.
28 (Wind Chill 16) W 14 MPH
We'll hover around freezing for a high the next few days.
After that it's back to the mid/upper 40's which are normal for this time of year.
Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 22, 2009
9:08 AM

Post #6172619

Kelli, it's so great to see the green in your pics! Is anyone rebuilding the Indian house?
It's been snowing again last night and it's still laying on the ground. Freezing, about 29, but snow on the roof is melting. Good news is the wind isn't blowing anymore !
This was taken this morning in my yard.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 22, 2009
9:10 AM

Post #6172621

Gavrila heard me outside and was coming for breakfast.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 22, 2009
9:12 AM

Post #6172622

Puppies and Momma dog were happy to see him...Buck was inside, but still happy!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 22, 2009
9:14 AM

Post #6172623

I let him outside ...here he is with Gavrila and Betty, the sister.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 22, 2009
9:47 AM

Post #6172635

My poor snowdrops...

Thumbnail by adinamiti

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2009
12:32 PM

Post #6172802

Celia: absolutely stunning sunset!! My daffs aren't blooming yet, either, but they are about 4-5 inches tall right now.
pepper: Curly and Whiskers are so pretty. When I was growing up I had a yellow kitty. Her name was Puffy.
Sharon: Lol at Callie and Pea! Callie is the epitome of patience! Good luck on the move--it sounds as if you do need more room for those three big guys of yours. Glad you will be getting away from the "scary" neighbor! Once you get moved, let me know if you want me to send you another torch lily or any other plant I have that you might want. Donkey ears has grown amazingly large. I cut off about 18 inches of it this past week--it was getting "stalky".
Kelli: nice hiking photos--"green" is good. :o)) The Chumash apparently liked the "open air" feeling! LOL
Adina: the doggies seem to be enjoying the snow. Nice amaryllis and poor snowdrops!
Ric: we were down in the mid-20's last night, but thankfully, all is dry--no rain last night nor snow!! I hope all the plants that are sprouting in my garden didn't get frostbite!

Today Mostly Sunny
High 51F
Precip 0%
Wind: NNW 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 37%
UV Index: 5 Moderate
Sunrise: 6:46 AM CT
Avg. High: 58F
Record High: 76F (2005)

Tonight Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 30F
Precip 10%
Wind: E 3 mph
Max. Humidity: 58%
Sunset: 5:58 PM CT
Avg. Low: 33F
Record Low: 10F (1968)

something from last October

Thumbnail by marsue

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2009
12:40 PM

Post #6172829

Ric The good thing about this street is that the people next door and across the street are home pretty much all day long. The kid never really gets a chance to be alone. He is definitely in violation. We know a lot of police and sheriffs in the area. The police station is less than a mile away small island LOL!
Pepper LOL enjoy the pic!
Adina Im going to go to the new place and take pictures. I need to start figuring out what goes where. Pretty Amaryllis!
Bernie Sounds like you had a productive weekend at the market!
Kelli Thats a neat looking barn. I like the way the roof is, but also that it backs up to the hill. Who is building the Chumash house? Its very interesting. One would have to be very patient to get all those reeds/grass together. That definitely looks like Kiskas backdrop. The rain has perked up the green! I hope you get more rain soon!
Adina Love the doggies! Your snowdrops looked snowed in.
Mau Thats a neat picture! I cut my donkey ears way back too. It was getting way too big. I'll let you know! I love the torch lily!

46.2 F
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 44 F
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 28 F
Wind: 3.8 mphfrom the SW
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph
Pressure: 30.21 in (Steady)
Clouds: Few 10000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Lake Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 5 PM EST this afternoon...

Today
Partly cloudy. Windy. High 65. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.

Garage sale next weekend! Come on down LOL! Chocolate mint is doing really well!

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2009
1:04 PM

Post #6172900

sunrise pic and pelicans

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #6172902

another

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #6172991

I love to watch the Pelicans!
It's fun to see them flying in formation then WHACK hit the water.
When we were in NC they Dolphins would pop up a few minutes after the feeding started.

Mau that's a great shot of the butterflies!

Celia I thought I had commented on your Park City shot.
Sorry.
It's Wonderful!

Adina I'm guessing the vandalism in your area has pretty much stopped w/ Buck and Family around.
How do they react to strangers?

Ice and lightly snow covered here.
We won't break freezing for two days 'they' say...

We're going to try to arrange the Sewing Room (FPR) today.
Robyn has a huge sewing cab we need to work in... I'm guessing it will end up in the LR though.
Bernie we had this thing custom built by our Cab Shop at our former job.
The two cab maker loved the job and did it on their time for about materials cost.
It's from an old set of plans Robyn had for 30 years or so at the time.
I think they came from Popular Woodworkers or one of those old mags.
Once we get it moved I'll get some shots...it's buried now...lol!

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 22, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #6173599

You're right, Ric, no more thieves here...the dogs are barking and jumping at strangers! Even the mailman is afraid to come...that's not good!LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2009
5:18 PM

Post #6173805

Don't worry, Ric. The sky was awesome that day and I think I took 100 pics from the car! LOL

Sharon, I am very glad you're getting away from that kid. At least, you have all those big strapping boys to do the heavy lifting! LOL Good luck with the move.

Adina, Buck and pals are good looking dogs. Nice protection and fun companions.

Kelli, thanks for the tour. Green is good for the eyes. I'm very tired of brown and white.

33F with 49 predicted for the high. It' was sunny and warm all day yesterday and now it's overcast and gloomy. At least it's warming up.
Feels like: 33F

Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 28
Humidity: 82%
Visibility: 8 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:12 AM
Sunset: 6:10 PM
UV Index: 3Low

I planted irises last fall and they put out growth before the snow fell. They're still green and the poppies reseeded.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2009 10:21 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2009
6:08 PM

Post #6174035

Below freezing, sunny and no wind.

Puffball from conservatory.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2009
10:59 PM

Post #6175218

Pepper, that puffball thing is neat.

Adina, they will finish the Chumash house at some time. There was a sign there that said that they would work on it in the summer when the reeds are in the right condition. I would suspect also that there aren't enough reeds around there to do the whole thing at one time. I don't know exactly who is building the house. The land is National Park Service, but they might have some real Chumash people working on the house.

It's been dark all day but hasn't rained.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 22, 2009
65 F
Overcast
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.05 in (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft
Overcast 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

more from yesterday. I didn't see the spider in this flower until I was cropping the picture on the computer. If I was a flower fly, I'd be dead.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2009
11:00 PM

Post #6175224

Sycamore Canyon

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2009
11:00 PM

Post #6175230

California poppies

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2009
11:27 PM

Post #6175358

Celia I know you are looking forward to seeing colors again. You garden is going to be so pretty when it starts blooming again!
Pepper Thats a Powder Puff I have one. They are related to the Mimosa. The only thing I dont like about the PP is it doesnt have the sweet scent the Mimosa has. They dont have any scent, but the butterflies love them anyway!
Kelli eeeeew on the spider I would have been dead too LOL! The canyon is beautiful! I love poppies!

57.6 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 31 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the WSW
Pressure: 30.24 in (Rising)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 18000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Rest of Tonight
Partly cloudy early in the evening then becoming mostly clear. Low 34. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Must cover up the orchid cactus tonight. Here is the toad I woke up today. "He" went back into hibernation.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 23, 2009
11:01 AM

Post #6177195

We've moved here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/955928/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America