6:39 PM

Post #6147192

We came from here -
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/941878/
or here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/946234/
or was it here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/950788/
Well, now that the New Year and Valentines Day are over thought it might be a good time to head back into the newly designed cafe and spruce the place up for the upcoming spring and/or (winter for Sue). I can't contribute much just yet but do have a little surprise in my new shoot on the pineapple lily so lets begin with that drab thing and I'll put it by the window where we can see Steve's house and hope he sees it and comes back to the cafe for a cuppa.
Hoping you all can drop by and put a little something on the tables, it will make a warm welcome as well for when Terri returns.
I made some homemade turkey potpie and Madame Woodsy will warm it up piece by piece for whomever needs a warm up today. I bet the milkshake man will be happy to heat some of those into cocos as well for this crowd that still needs the heat turned up.

Thumbnail by haighr
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
6:47 PM

Post #6147223

Just in case you are wondering it hasn't been baked yet LOL!
Here is that new pineapple lily shoot I mentioned.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2009

Post #6147227

sniff, sniff.. SNIFFFFF! hmmmm ahhh! the smell of Pot Pies!

Waaay to go! Well, I am still a basket case...And I have the blues. Easter colors...pastel...maybe that woudl cheer us all up.

Terri has me hunting for those McCoys still...

Will have to check on my pothos...see if its growing ok, maybe I can bring it to the cafe later...

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2009
6:50 PM

Post #6147238

Once a basket case, always a basket case they say!
Start painting some eggs for Easter and start a new thread for the Easter Holiday, that shall surely perk you up blossom.
Hope you find your "real McCoys" soon!
What is a pothos?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 16, 2009
7:32 PM

Post #6147349

hi all
i got egg for the easter coloring
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2009
8:27 PM

Post #6147604

No need to color the eggs here.. the chickens here do that natural for us.. they are pink, yellow, brown, tan, green, blue...this years are only tan, green, blue and white.

um. pothos...hmmmmmm see frog below!

Some people call it devils ivy...mine is variagated...easy to start cuttings in water.. just cut and soak! Stick them in a vase and watch them root! LOL!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2009
8:58 PM

Post #6147747

haihgr, well 25 years, congrats!

The DH and I do everything together.. well, we were until his current job that takes him too much traveling now, but still, we are in it for the perverbial forever and the then some! Been through so much, we even finish each others sentences! Thank God for the telephone! We hate the job, but its a living, lousy as it is. Customer service got him on the run everywhere.

Guess I best go look for the Easter baskets.. the blues have all but gone!

This message was edited Feb 16, 2009 2:59 PM
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 16, 2009
11:31 PM

Post #6148470

I smelled your pie all over the 68 threads I watchign and had to stop by for a quick chat , a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. : )

I had two lonely daffodils bloomign today. I thought abotut he cafe, btu then just couldn't brign myself to cut them they hd been threw so much.

I been workign on tryign to uncover plants and hope fully something will bloom this year.

Hope everybody is doign good.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 17, 2009
12:06 AM

Post #6148651

My dear Madame Woodsy, would you please do me the kindness of a slice of that yummy pot pie. Why thank you. Mmmmm, nothing like comfort food to cure what ails ya. Thanks Candee. ;) And I do believe I'll have a blackberry shake to wash it down.

Whoo hoo! Spring is almost here. Congrats to both of you on your greenery. My tulips, snowdrops and crocus are peeping up. Daffs and daylilies too. We are supposed to get snow flurries this week, cooler temps, so I moved a few things into a cold-frame. Thought I would try forcing a few pooted up bulbs. Y'all know how it is to Jones for blooms. lol.

Congrats to all of you on your long wonderful relationships. Still smoochin' after all those years. lol We are pups in comparison, just over 4 years, but still going thru a lotta lip-balm.

Ok, I brought real homemade mac-n-cheese, 20 racks of BBQ ribs, pulled pork, deep-fried okra and mushrooms... ok, I have to stop. I'm making myself drool all over the place.
Joe, hit me again.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 17, 2009
12:12 AM

Post #6148679

Hello Star! Glad you stopped by. Isn't that pie wonderful! We also have a milkshake machine, courtesy of Terri. Our shake-maker's name is Joe and she will be happy to whip up whatever flavor your tastebuds desire. Spring, spring.Hope is a bloom that opens when you least expect.
Cheers to new growth.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 17, 2009
7:55 AM

Post #6150157

Ohh, milkshakes now. Gettign fancy. Got any of the old 45 records playing. Pe, shakes, music, take me back to the 50.'s and 60's. : )

Plantgeek. What a neat saying. Have to remember that one. : )
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2009
12:27 PM

Post #6150360

Hey star glad you dropped in for some potpie, it was really good wasn't it. Chock full of veggies and lots of them homegrown.
Hey geek, better get this plate of ribs away from me, you wouldn't think I could eat 20 lbs. of them, but I can sure give it my best shot!!!
Yeah elle on the eggs for easter, guess you need to find out what kinda dye blossom is putting in her chicken feed to get those colored eggs LOL! would sure save you a lot of work, right?
Good for you geek getting things popping outta the ground, not a sign here yet and likely will enjoy your spring blossoms and by the time yours have ended you can pick a few of mine. Won't be long now as stated it is just around the corner.
blossom, thanks for the photo, now that I see it I think I used to have one of them ivy thingies!
Well better get to work catch you all later.
Candee

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 7:29 AM
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2009
12:56 PM

Post #6150417

No trickery on the eggs! They are all natural! The color egg depends on the breed of the hen. Go to the basket case #2 thread and there is a pic of the eggs there! Sorry I am on wrong computer to post pic...

I have some problems trying to sort through. Our vehicle broke down on Friday... my electric bill is due and I am sitting here going how on earth am I going to get through this as the power probably will go down for being late in payment... no way to travel either.. grrrr. The DH past due on being home. What a mess. So if I am not around, you know I am down in power screamin at the top of my lungs in agony..

Hello star, cant recall if I had the pleasure to met you.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2009
12:59 PM

Post #6150424

Here is path to easter eggs!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/939930/
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2009
3:44 PM

Post #6151020

Now please just take it easy blossom, we all have those frustrations - just take a deep breath and don't go havin no coniption fit on us! meanwhile I'll go check out your eggs.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2009
4:03 PM

Post #6151093

Im a happy... Im a happy ...I am a trying to convince myself I am a happy something or other or is that someone or other?... !!!!

Watch out for those... frogs!

I think I will go clean the kitchen.. its a mess again for some silly reason.. COLD WATER, get in here and start licking! (Danged water heater again...!!!}

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 10:44 AM
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2009
4:09 PM

Post #6151112

Good idea there blossom, go and do something to keep you busy and distracted. DH will be home soon and the electric will get taken care of and the car will be fixed.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 17, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #6151671

Hi Blososm Buddy. Don't know if we met or not, been with everybody here for quite awhile, just been busy and haven't visited much.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 17, 2009
7:58 PM

Post #6152021

Blossom dear, here, have one of my Get-You-@$$-Happy Joy Juice Concoctions made of entirely all-natural ingredients such as (drumroll please) a breath of fresh air, a new perspective and most important, the knowledge that all is not lost when you still have lips.
So there.
And Coldwater is on the way. He was busy rolling around in something stinky.

Thanks Star, I made that up- I think.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 17, 2009
10:58 PM

Post #6152808

hi all
the weather been ok here
we still having trouble with the rabbit
they can not take the up and of the weather
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2009
12:42 PM

Post #6155019

Sounds like a real pick me up blossom better take geek up on that offer and guzzle it down fast!
elle, what is the rabbit problem, I don't understand?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 18, 2009
4:15 PM

Post #6155768

hi all
they do not want to mate
we are not getting any baby rabbit
we grow meat rabbit
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #6156655

Well I bet that geek can come up with a concoction that will have them doing the bunny hop if you know what I mean. do you think the weather is affecting them seriously or what would the problem be?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2009
10:22 PM

Post #6157298

Thanks Geek!

Whooooo hooo! I am happy! The truck is back!! Yippy! Now maybe I can get my teeth fixed...well, grumb;e grumbles on pain... Geek, make it a double!

Elle. I had that problem once and it turned out that we had two bunnies of the same gender in the pen...Rabbits are so dang hard to tell who they are I swear! Well least as was for us! Then we got with the program...had bunnies everywhere!

Geek, check your D-mail.. I am sending you photos of ColdWater when he was a pup! Let me know they came!! Sorry I cannot post them here, the system eats them.

Howdeedo again Star!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 19, 2009
1:06 AM

Post #6158115

Elle, I do have a get-hoppy potion. hehehe Let me just whip out my pasties and a G-string. lololol No, nevermind. Don't want to send them into cardiac arrest. Too much mojo for wee creatures. They would explode like the fembots' heads on Austin Powers.

Allrighty then, back to reality...

Blossom. glad to hear the good news. Wheels are important.
I have to say, Coldwater is the biggest dog in the universe. Y'all would not believe it. I swear his head is as big as a VW bug. You could literaly slap a saddle on him. His toe is the size of a Chiguagua. If I had a dog like that, I would never worry about criminals.
Blossom, hats off to you. He is impressive and beautiful.

Elle, I hope your bunny problem is solved soon.

Candee, how's your weather? Did you all get a break from the snow and cold?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2009
12:20 PM

Post #6159657

Hey geek, well seeing as how it snowed and sleeted yesterday, if we did get a break I have already forgotten about it !
Good thought on those bunnies blossom, elle, get out there and make sure you got them sorted right. Maybe they have jumped pens on you when you weren't lookin. Hope you get them multiplying soon as it is soon bunny season isn't it?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2009
2:55 PM

Post #6160158

G'Morrrrning! And a frosty one it is with 1/4 inch of sssnnnnoow! Will it ever end? I swear we are gonna have that ground hog butchered and give him to some poor redneck family to eat. Course we are not beleiving in the bruhaha the critters folklore is all about because its always winter for 6 to 12 weeks after February 2 in my neck of the woods!

Elles how you making out... er I should say how are the rabbits making out now? You should have a litter of babies about what every month eh? I forget.. but I know its a lot of bunnies once they get spring fever. Perhaps its just not quite warm enough.

Here is some romantic candles for them! Hoping you have a Match made in bunny heaven!!

Gonna grab a cuppa and head out here to feed the critters.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2009
3:00 PM

Post #6160187

Well, jeez, no wonder things are not going right in rabbitvile...old Blossom can't get her majik right this morning.. the old wand must be frozen!!

OK>>> hippity hoppity boo, some candles just for you!

There now, should work.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 19, 2009
6:05 PM

Post #6161108

hi all
i printed the picture for my dh can hange it up in the rabbit barn
may be it will give them idea
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2009
6:20 PM

Post #6161164

LOL!! That ought to do the trick elle!!

Do you have pics of your bunnies?? Do show us!

I am off to lunch, but will hope to see them later! Have a great day!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2009
6:20 PM

Post #6161165

Now if that doesn't work elle, I think you are going to have to take them to marriage counseling so they can work out their rabid problems!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2009
7:57 PM

Post #6161508

{{{faint}}}!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

February 19, 2009
8:53 PM

Post #6161720

They could rub each others feet to get lucky. Hugh Hefner could send out one of his "bunnies".
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 20, 2009
3:17 PM

Post #6164737

hi all
i will have too take picture
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2009
7:27 PM

Post #6165934

Drum roll for elle...!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2009
4:37 PM

Post #6173612

Where did everybody go, are you all snuggled up in bed hiding from the cold temps or have you gone on holiday?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 22, 2009
5:20 PM

Post #6173816

hi all
i am working on chickern and house plant
the weather been cold but no snow
suppoes to be in the 40 and 50 the next few day
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2009
5:22 PM

Post #6173820

Hopein the snow is over for us, but still have March to get through, so just never know.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2009
9:13 PM

Post #6174724

Lurking about.. I have been working on my plant lists...while listening to the big guy snore fast asleep in his chair! Just music to my ears!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #6185672

Well, today we actually did something out in the garden. We gave teh apple tree a new look, pruned some lilacs and did some general cleanup of a lot of the downed branches from the ice storm.

Temperature was chilly, but nice and great not to have to wear gloves!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 25, 2009
4:49 AM

Post #6187022

Glad that you had a nice gardening day today, blossom. Candee and Elle - hope you guys are getting a break from the snow too.

The last spraying for peach leaf curl is just before the buds break - and I noticed that some of the flower buds on my nectarine tree is already opening. We have had a lot of rain (which we need) for the last two weeks and there never seemed to be a good time to spray. But, seeing that I am going to miss my opportunity real soon, I left work an hour early today so that I can get home and spray the tree before it got too dark. Keeping my fingers crossed that I got to it on time. Mid 60's today...

Took some photos last week of my garden and will post soon on the What's blooming thread.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 25, 2009
3:03 PM

Post #6188109

hi all
yes the weather been good
it will be a nice day today
but off to work
i will be home then the next 3 day
hoping to help with the out side work
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2009
4:47 PM

Post #6188464

Hey blossom, Dianne and elle - sunshine but cooooooooooold and windy, perhaps a break up to the 60 mark tomorrow, but then cold again and rain or mix. Soon perhaps we will be out of this but March is always a precarious month weatherwise.
So nice you all have been getting out and about and doing some gardening, I hope to head in that direction soon as well.
Hope to start some seeds the first wknd in March so am really lookin forward to that.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 25, 2009
4:58 PM

Post #6188515

yes march is a wet and cool month
my chickern are laying 3 egg a day
dh took a little billy to the market
got a good price
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 25, 2009
8:11 PM

Post #6189328

I just want to check in teal quick and let you know I'm still out here in cyberspace. Schedules have changes, Bob is back to work and the creditors are getting restless waiting for him to start receiving a paycheck so we can start that long haul climb back to being in debt instead of being delinquent...

Not a lot of play time for me these days but things are looking up for the moment. The company laid off a lot of people and our jobs were threatened but so far we have been able to fight off the folks that were after our spots. I always feel bad for the ones who are let go but not so bad that I am willing to give up my position and live under a bridge! (one of the younger people they let go actually had the nerve to suggest that as a couple we would be safer than he would be if it came to that )

Well. I'm off and running, I'll check in again as soon as I can.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2009
11:57 PM

Post #6190241

Know the pain and trials of job losses to well. May you find comfort in diffucult times.

Well, the weather was not all that bad today. Started chilly and towards days end was able to take the coat of to a lighter one to try enjoy the outdoors. I even turned the heat down in the house. Could it be? Nah, I figure it will snow again before spring is really here.

Sure would be nice if lifes box of chocolates had less pits in them cherries!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 26, 2009
4:13 AM

Post #6191605

Zany, - Good to hear from you again. Hope your job will continue to be safe and carry you through these unsettling times.

Blossom - if I had a photo, you would be getting a box of chocolate truffles right now - guaranteed to have no pits.

Elle - glad you got a good price for that little billy. you must have a lot of critters at your farm.

Candee - I used to start seeds, but I always ended up killing the seedlings before I get them planted outdoors. Nowadays, I scatter seeds outside if I remember, and keep my fingers crossed that they will come up. I did that the other day with some larkspur seeds that I saved from last summer. They reseed quite nicely where the plants are actively growing, but I wanted to spread some to other parts of my garden. What kinds of seeds are you going to grow?

Terri - you coming back from your holidays soon? Miss you here at the cafe. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2009
12:07 PM

Post #6192203

Morning Soils! Thanks for the chocolate thoughts! I would share that joy to all here!

Its foggy here this morning. Well, least that means it is warmer but it looks like we might be getting more snow from out of the north.

I am with you on the just scatter the seeds out in the garden. I do try to start stuff in the house too, but it is often difficult because the house can be so dry and or I will not be around timely to water the flats. What I resort to now is putting annual seed in containers and hope to get them started, but I do that in the greenhouse once the weather here has stablized. Im wishing things looked like this picture instead of being all brown and fuzzy.

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 26, 2009
3:06 PM

Post #6192849

hi all
well it was suppoes to be my day off
but they need me
so here i go to work today
it cool this moring
i hope ever one have a nice day
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2009
3:18 PM

Post #6192894

Have fun at work elle! And let us have a rabbit update when you return!!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 26, 2009
5:32 PM

Post #6193512

hi all
the rabbit are still going up and down but
we may see some light on the heraised
elle
p.s.
made oat and rasin and nuts cook to take to work
my dh said there better be some left for him
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2009
6:35 PM

Post #6193839

Save some for the Cafe elle!!

Go bunnies!!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 26, 2009
6:55 PM

Post #6193957

hi all
will do
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2009
12:27 PM

Post #6196818

Glad to hear your bunnies are getting it on elle and that the chicks are a laying. Now don't work too hard, let them call somebody else once in a while.
Dianne, I used to start a whole lot more seeds than I do now, but just got to be too much. I do start my zinnias outside and sow the seed just after the frost. I found they got too stragly starting inside.
Blossom that is some gh you got there, wow, what I could do with that.
Zany so glad to hear Bob is back to work. Steve is looking, but at his age and medical issues it isn't promising.
Hoping that Terri is back soon as well and am sure when she is she will come bearing gifts!
Calling for rain this afternoon and all weekend and perhaps more snow showers so we still have March to contend with and likely a bit of April as well.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 27, 2009
4:30 PM

Post #6197836

hi all
well the next two day are my
no answered phone
i feel like laying around
but that not so on a fram
every thing need to be done
have a good day
even with the weather
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2009
7:22 PM

Post #6198588

Hi all..weather is back to this... ugh..
not making for a happy camper here!

Teri, no more snowballs now ya hear me!!! Pretty please!!!
Im begging I wanna play in the gh!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2009
4:06 PM

Post #6201958

Glad you got some time off elle, not so with the farm sounds though. Try to have some fun on your days.
blossom, more snow yuk, when will this end. Looks like a lot of frozen tundra around you, how far must to travel to the store, looks like quite a distance?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2009
4:14 PM

Post #6201981

Morning haighr! Oh its not too far to go to town...

Looks like the folks in GA are in for a blow...Just got word from my not so happy wanderer he is heading into the storms down there and they got tornadoes...guess I am happy with the snow, but Honey if you hear me, stay safe!

Elle, you must have had some of that nasty weather too huh? Well its that time of year...

one minute its sunny,
next its rain you blink your eyes
and its the the white stuff again
all in a day!

Cheers all! Think pleasant thoughts...

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 28, 2009
4:36 PM

Post #6202066

hi all
yes there is snow
my poor chickern they will not go out of there coop
we are planing to plant seed
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2009
5:27 PM

Post #6202291

elle, what on earth will you sow in the snow???
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2009
8:10 PM

Post #6202941

Well, I cant answer for elle, but up here we used to do pasture mix for one! Be broadcasted on top of the snow to help reseed the hay grounds.

But mainly this time of year we would plan what we would sow for later.. do our maps for the planting, turn in paperwork to the county stuff like that. Get the big equipment greased and ready to go. On a farm you have to turn in your projections of what you are growing so the government knows how much they think that they will get out of you from the crop at harvest. They want to knowthings like acreage of each crop being planted, past harvest.. getting anymore, what chemicals you use and when you use the outhouse. Commodities are sold on contract.. which is half the problem why our counties economy is in dyer straights and the other reason too much is gone oveseas and no industry, but anyway... The government sells things they do not have and on a bad year when the produce is not there, they just dig the economy hole deeper for the entire country. If the crop was sold when it was on hand, we all would be better off, but so much for that. its runaway with the rest of the issues of bad credit, too much debt and accountability.

My guess is elle is planning, not planting yet, but maybe she got something going elsewise in her neck of the woods...she is further south then me!

March 17 up here we will try to get potatoes in the ground, but it could be later with the snow as it is and the ground being either froze or too wet to work. Corn and beans up here go in the ground around April to May. They double crop in some areas in the south so elle could possibly get s little head start on us yankees! And we cant double crop unless the second crop is used for green manure. Be rare to get the use of a second crop.. there is not really enough time to get two harvests for things like fieldcorn and soybeans up here. Wheat is sown towards the middle of the year and we put in rye in the fall.

Down south they grow cotton, rice and other crops like peanuts too that need a longer growing term...so what is elle up to??!! Our inquirying minds would like to know!!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

February 28, 2009
10:02 PM

Post #6203430

hi all
not in the snow
in the house to go out in the green house
we plant in tray then put then under glow light
then trand plant into pot
and then into the granden
i will send picture
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2009
5:05 PM

Post #6206494

You are quite an avid farmer blossom, sounds like a lot of work. Bet you got all that heavy duty equipment for farmin. We just sold a little tractor that we had at the cabin and hadn't used for much other than movin some dirt.
Elle, you do the same thing I do is sow in pots under lights and then out they go. Should be seeing some maters coming up in another few days.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 1, 2009
6:38 PM

Post #6206862

hi all
we sow veg
here is a picture of a red bird in a tree
it hard to see
it the red spot in the tree
i took it from my kichern window
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2009
7:05 PM

Post #6207016

I can't spot the bird with my poor eyes elle, but I sure can see the snowy weather! Will it ever end? Oh yes of course it will. Thanks for bringin in a photo from the window.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2009
11:07 PM

Post #6207995

Well, we used to farm on a much larger scale.. not anymore. All the big equipment is gone. Sure do miss farming though. It was a great life until the garbage dump started nextdoor to the home farm and ruined it for us and the other neighbors.

The last year we farmed I tried my hand for the first time doing a little combining and that was neat! My husband was raised on the farm and he taugh me a lot and made this kid really happy learning the ropes of the farm! Now I know wht the guys see in doign the big machines! Its a thrill!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #6210537

Sounds like you have learned a lot blossom, can you drive one of them big rigs?
Here is a little arrangement to snazzy the place up, especially while I am sitting here watching it snow again!!!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
2:36 PM

Post #6210550

And I thought that my perky parrot might dress up that wall by the kitchen door or perhaps over by the window making him appear like he wants to escape?

Thumbnail by haighr

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 2, 2009
4:00 PM

Post #6210988

hi all
i love them picture
we got 1 or 2 more day then
we may go out to play
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
4:11 PM

Post #6211031

Thanks elle, 1 or 2 more days of what? And what are you going to go out and play?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 2, 2009
4:24 PM

Post #6211092

hi all
the snow and cold
do any thing you like out side
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2009
4:26 PM

Post #6211104

Hi All!

OoOOOooh the parrot and the flowers are lovely haighr!

No, I cannot drive a big rig like if you are refering to a semi which would require a special license. My husband can though. I drive the farm tractor that we have here and at the old farm did a lot of the grain hauling with our big wagons and a tractor or pickup truck or did stuff with smaller equipment and did drive our combine. We got out of row crop farming just when I was really getting into doing the bigger machines! (Dang!)

I would rake our hay, pulle the baler, pull a hay rake, manure spreader, disc and what not.

Here we are on a much smaller scale and use the smaller equipment and since we do not do corn and beans rowcropping, we do not do any combining anymore. Just mowing mainly and what veggies we grow much is now done by hand.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
4:33 PM

Post #6211134

What is that you are on there blossom a big mower? What a lovely path you have there and quite the gardens I must add.
elle, got ya, so do enjoy yourself out there - think we are in for more cold for a few more days and then who knows it is March?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2009
9:28 PM

Post #6212421

Awwww thats just a little DEERE... sure wish we had the weather to be doing that.. it is still brown here. Was a weee tad white, but that left.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2009
1:28 AM

Post #6218248

Well I think today finally said it was spring...saw the first Robin!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 4, 2009
2:07 AM

Post #6218410

Hey, just wanted to check in. I have been furiously getting my book ready, sending it out for submissions, ect. By the end of the day, I'm burned out on the computer.
Spring is almost here. YAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Blossom, I haven't forgotten your stars.
Hope y'all are warm and the rabbits are randy.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2009
2:26 AM

Post #6218487

Plantgeek, no worries mate! Im hitting mine too as I can too.. I have been terribly swamped! Good luck on the book!

Been having to clean out our greenhouse and get things ready there. Started a virtual tour if you want to come along...

Go to:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/958032/

Had to do errands, just too much on my plate. And still working on my teeth. UGH! Gotta call for an appointment again. Hope I can get them two bad ones I got out already. OUCH!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2009
12:26 PM

Post #6219572

Blossom, don't mean to burst that bubble but I saw the first Robin here a few weeks ago and think I saw him encased in ice the past few days under several inches of snow!!! Beware of the ides of March LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2009
2:46 PM

Post #6220001

Yeah, In like a lion, out like a...

Hmm some month.. we got Friday the thirteenth for the second month in a row...the IDs, do you think we will get lucky on the 17th?

Im already having no fun..dental appointments, car breakdowns.. a friends son is critical in the hospital..

Makes ya just wanna crawl under a rock..
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2009
4:27 PM

Post #6220528

Do hope that your son's friend recovers from his trauma and all the other things will get better somehow. We all have those miserable moments but as you know few of them are really of great importance and can be fixed.
Don't crawl under the rock, plant something on top of it or around it!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2009
5:53 PM

Post #6220863

Well, best we can do is pray for their boy and the family. So sad he is going to need a miracle at this point. It was a very bad accident.

Well speaking of rocks, I need to find one to put under my down spout.. derned thing is pouring water all into the garden and making a royal mess. I best go hunting.

Everyone have a great day. Before I leave, here is a pot for the cafe.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
1:00 PM

Post #6224138

Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy this morning. We are finally expecting temps to get above the freezing mark today and perhaps even up in the 60's by the weekend. I sure hope so, could use a pick me up as a lot has been going downhill lately.
If we do get a warm trend hope to start some more maters in pots inside. We do have the broccoli coming up already in the grow pots and looking forward to more sprouts every day.
Have a nice one everyone, hope the cafe is soon full of flowers to brighten our days!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2009
1:24 PM

Post #6224217

Morning.. we got some sun...sposed to rain...

The news is not good at all about our friends boy. That family sure could use a pile of prayers, so maybe anyone inclined to do so, please do. His survival is grim. A few weeks maybe.

Just wondering on your broccoli.. do you transplant it to the garden or leave it to maturity in the pots? I have never tried growing them.. but love eating them! MMMMM sauted in butter... that is yum.

Right now I am still iffy on potting up my red spider lilies... the ground here is still hard froze.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
4:07 PM

Post #6224787

Your friends family is in my thoughts. Sorry to hear there is no possible good outcome so pray that the end is peaceful for him.

We transplant the broccoli when the weather permits and I have hardened off the seedlings. Also plan to do some carrots and cauliflower.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #6225341

Well, thank you so much. Your prayers and warm thoughts are all indeed appreciated. Miracles do happen on occassion, so all they have is prayers and hope.

Well, it has warmed up some today and the sun is shining... I am still going to wait on those spider lilies. I want to look up how hard a cold they can take before I do them. Maybe that research will change my mind. I don't figure now we will get to terrible below zero anymore. Just want some more thaw.

So cauliflower eh? Any secrets there?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
6:55 PM

Post #6225490

Gotta get some mesh to keep them covered as bugs are the biggest threat.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2009
7:36 PM

Post #6225597

Indoor bugs or outside?

I just came from our greenhouse and its 95 in there... I am sooooo tempted...its on ly 62 outside though.. was 28 when I got up.

Yeah, tempted to clean the mess there.. have you seen it?
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 5, 2009
8:07 PM

Post #6225731

BLOSSOMBUDDY, I will also be praying for this boy and his family. Hope and prayers can bring miracles and comfort. I will seek both for them.

Oh, a green house sounds like a bit of heaven right now! I'd be in there on any excuse just to bask in the warmth!

We are getting a wee break in the storm systems now and I was able to take Pyxle to run at the park. There must have been several dozen pups out there to take advantage of the chance to run. Poor things have been couped in for so long they are stiff.

Well, I'm off to work. You all have a great day!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2009
10:57 PM

Post #6226479

Thanks Zanymuse.

Sounds like you had a grand time at the park!

I decided to stay indoors and up date more on my trade list. I am sooo behind, there..

I did turn the heat way down in the house. It is going to be at 57 for the night tonight. I hope we can keep heading to spring!

Everyone have a great evening. Im off to the chicken coop to start the evening chores!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2009
12:44 PM

Post #6228485

Hi Zany nice to hear from you and glad to know things are looking up!
Blossom, yes indeed I did see the mess in there, but oh what a glorious mess that is what a greenhouse is supposed to be silly "dirt".
It is supposed to be 73 degrees tomorrow so plan to start another tray of maters. The tray I started 2 weeks ago is starting to sprout and the broccoli is already 1" high in the tray. No sign of the carrots yet.
Blossom the bugs get to the plants outside, I am exploring some row mesh cover. Found some online for 6'x50' for 12.95.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 6, 2009
3:59 PM

Post #6229222

Morning, just got back from the henhouse...no eggs yet, but its early. I had to shoot the rooster this morning...

No no no not with a gun...with a camera!!

Someone wanted pictures!! LOL

I have never had bugpests in the greenhouse. Except for a stray cat of possum. They bug me there. Then we meshwired the window. I have had white flies on occasion on the houseplants, but they are easy to get rid of. The coons and possums on the other hand.. they hang around in the animal shelter too and well.. I am not to fond of their ideas of playhouse.

I will have plenty of volunteer maters here from last year. Most will be cherry, but I did save seed from the Big Boys.

So has anyone seen Terry? Is she back with her mums? I cannot wait to see her mums! I wonder what she will stick her mums in! I will have to catch up again later.. I need to unload my goodies from town. So catch you later and we will talk about those pests on the return and you can tell me what you do for or against them!.

Then later hope to play out in the GH before it rains.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
7:00 PM

Post #6230030

Hi Blossom - now I don't know whether you are talking "tongue-in-cheek" or not...but, I do believe that when Terri said that she was going to see her mums, she meant that she was going to visit her mother. Not in reference to chrsanthemums LoL.

I get lots of volunteer cherry tomatoes too.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2009
12:34 AM

Post #6231089

*grin* tongue in cheek!! hehehe, yes, but is sure is quiet without her and plantgeek!

I received some very lovely plants from blkhand today so I brought some of them to share. Her greater periwinkle is to die for! There was some aloe, a lovely varigated spider, some handsome echinecea roots too! So I got to use the glorified potting shed after all, but dang it was hot in there 100 degrees, had to open the door and the window. It was 63 outside.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 7, 2009
3:09 AM

Post #6231740

Hi everyone, I'm back!! missed you all. Hope everyone is well?
Glad to see the Flowerpot cafe' is still open.
Looking forward to catching up here and all the other threads over the weekend.

I've made a fresh pot of tea, enjoy!

Thumbnail by terriculture

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #6233151

Welcome back Terri! See I just knew it you would stick your mum in a vase!! LOVERLY my dear lovely!! The GREEN is stunning as is the rest!

Well, so sorry to pop in and out, but I am headed out to the greenhouse so you might have to chase me there! And Nah nah!! Too warm for SNOWBALLS!! Yippy!!!

This message was edited Mar 7, 2009 11:01 AM
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 7, 2009
3:33 PM

Post #6233464

hi all
i love the tea
here are my two roooster
i do not know what kind they are
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 7, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6233478

and here
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2009
5:04 PM

Post #6233811

Elle, he islovely ...a wyandotte maybe? The hens are buff orps right? I have those too.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 7, 2009
7:19 PM

Post #6234257

hi
i thing so
i have 6 hen and two rooster
get 4 to 5 egg a day
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 7, 2009
10:45 PM

Post #6235023

Hi everyone!
no sign of Plantgeek doing any watering here LOL! dont work too hard, remember to stop for a break and join us for a cuppa. I have green tea for you, haha!

Thanks Blossom! Mum in a vase, LOL!
Sorry to read about your friends son. My thoughts are with you and the family.
Love the 'hanging out with you' poster for our cafe, and Thanks for the little plants... think I'll take over with the watering duties!!!

Candee, Beautiful display of flowers, Thanks for bringing that one in. Love our jolly parrot, does he say
hello terri ?!!!! I must say, you did a great job keeping the cafe' going and looking after everyone.
Thanks for the new thread!

Zany, Good to hear you are ok and it's great news Bob has recovered and gone back to work.

Dianne, missed you too! Glad you got the fruit trees sprayed. Have you been busy in the garden?

elle, Lovely chickens, does the rooster wake you up in the morning?
Here's your eggs!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 7, 2009
10:55 PM

Post #6235057

My Mum made this arrangement for me. I'm bringing it to the cafe to share!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 7, 2009
10:59 PM

Post #6235065

Tea from Auntie Annes house LOL!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 7, 2009
11:04 PM

Post #6235083

hi all
o yes
they start at 4.30
before the sun come up
i got 6 hen and two rooster
getting 4 to 5 egg a day
i looking for more hen
i trying to hatch some egg
not very good at that yet
but we are working at it
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 8, 2009
2:15 PM

Post #6237314

Hi everyone!
elle, 4.30 is early!!! Are you working this weekend?

Fresh coffee today, due to the credit crunch, we are charging 50p per cup LOL!!!!
Have a great day and do something fun!!!!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 8, 2009
3:30 PM

Post #6237570

hi all
i was off yesterday
was suppose to work today but i call in
i got a cold
i had it for 3 day now
i will be going back to work tuesday if it gone
have some sun and rain today
have fun all
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 8, 2009
4:03 PM

Post #6237669

Sorry to hear you have a cold elle, keep warm and have a biscuit!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 8, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6237811

hi
thank-you for the biscuit
i will enjoy it
elle
yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 9, 2009
3:00 AM

Post #6240552

Knock, knock! I'm here with the wreath... Sorry to come so late, but I have been working outside again! I also took a bunch of pics so I will see you on the other forum about the plants in the garden...

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
6:05 AM

Post #6241038

Elle - hope you are feeling better. Must be the roosters waking you up at 4:30 AM. I am soooooo glad they are not here. I am more of a night person (go to bed after midnight) so it will not do to have any critters waking me up so early.

Zany - I'm heading up to northern California for a few days to visit a friend near the Yreka area - Seiad Valley. Sort of close, but not really to Scotia. She said that it may snow there, so I am packing all my warmest stuff. This will be the first time for me this year to be out in an area with snow.

yardqueen - nice of you bring your wreath here to decorate the place. I am going to have to steal an arrangement that I made in the yard to vase series and put it here since I am heading out early tomorrow morning.

Terri - thanks for the coffee. See you all on Friday!!!

Thumbnail by soilsandup

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 9, 2009
7:24 AM

Post #6241094

Soils, I am guessing that you will take the 5 up to Yreka? They are inland to the north of us. The coast suits me better but then I have never taken the 5 beyond Redding so I am not familiar with Yreka. I hope the weather treats you right and you have a great trip!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 9, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #6241976

ZZZZzzzzz... (dreams... lovely cafe! Beautiful flowers, lovely wreath! )

toss, turn..Zzzzzzzz

Ribbet...

Ribbet...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 9, 2009
11:39 PM

Post #6244437

Hi everyone!

Welcome Yardqueen, Thanks for bringing your pretty welcome wreath to the cafe'. It looks great on the door! Hope you can stay for a coffee and hang out with us!
Dianne, Have a good time with your friend, drive carefully! See you on Friday.Thank you for the vase of flowers, love that colour!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
12:10 PM

Post #6246296

Our door never looked so good yardqueen, thanks so much it really makes the entrance much more appealing.
Dianne those look as good in the vase as on the vine. Thanks
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 10, 2009
12:36 PM

Post #6246360

Good morning Candee!
Nice to see you, are you at work today?
I'm such an IDIOT , got ready for work, just about to leave, coat on and everything! Then I remembered the enamelling class had been cancelled today! I'm losing it !!
Glad you popped in, I have a gift for you! A new crystal basket to add to your crystal collection.
Enjoy your day!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #6247596

Yes working today, off tomorrow for a little minor surgery. What a lovely crystal basket. I love crystal at the glass so the light reflects all the colors, kinda like diamonds in the rough! LOL at your getting ready for the days events, guess you then got an early start on your chores today!!!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 10, 2009
7:18 PM

Post #6247965

Hey y'all, thought I had better check in. I've been busy with work, getting another book ready (2 at same time), sick kitty, workshop, poetry readings, blah, blah blah.

Terri, glad to see you back. Hope your visit was wonderful.

Spring is almost here! Yay!!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2009
7:25 PM

Post #6248006

Hiya all! Wow another book? Cool GEEK!

Terri that sure is a lovely peice that you brought!

Haighr, nice to see you today too!

Its raining here we got 1 inch in the guage here.. but it was ontop of 3 or 4 maybe that was not measured. I just put the gauge out so dont know what the prior rain storm was. Spring is here, but is winter reallly over? Hope so!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 11, 2009
12:59 AM

Post #6249436

Hi everyone!
Candee, Hope the surgery goes well, I'll be thinking of you,.Take care!
Plantgeek!!!! sounds busy in blah blah blah land LoL! Nice to see you. Green tea coming up!
Hope kitty gets better soon.
elle, are you feeling any better?
Blossom, Lets hope spring gets there soon!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2009
4:52 AM

Post #6250380

Zany - Yes, we came up north on I-5. It was nice and sunny on Monday, and just as we pulled into the driveway, there was a few flurries of snow flakes - and then they disappeared. My first snow fall. But, I am glad that that was it and it is going to be sunny for the next few days. Seiad Valley has a population of 350 people, and I love visiting here. The Klamath river is just across the road, and the mountain air is just so clean and crisp. You are lucky to live in a similar area. Lugged two wagonful of wood up to the cabin, and it was great heating up the tea kettle on the wood stove. I normally come up here in the summer or fall, this is my first winter visit.

Plantgeek - boy, you have been busy.
Candee - I hope your surgery went well too.
Terri - thanks for the green tea and a peak at another lovely crystal piece!
Blossom - has it stopped raining for you yet???
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 11, 2009
3:02 PM

Post #6251368

hi all
yes i feeling a lot better
but my dh got it now
we got baby goat
i home today
i was suppoes to be off 3 day
but they call did morning
so i will be working tomorrow
i took the picture of baby goat to work yesterday
they all love
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 11, 2009

Post #6251374

Candee, good luck with your surgery.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2009
4:14 PM

Post #6251669

2 more inches of rain, then the temps bottom out and the ponding froze...ugh!

Candee, our best regards on your surgery. You ar ei our prayers.

GEEK - have you set an autograph signing?

Elles, lovely goat kids!

Terri - love the tea!... thinking GA-reeeeen! Still looking for it!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.. a pile up of paperwork awaits me... Seems I am discombobble-ated in the office this week...

Things are hopping around here.

Ribbet!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 11, 2009
5:53 PM

Post #6252110

hi
love the frog
went one of my dauther
was young i dream that she was a frog and she could
change back and fourt
then one day she would not chane back.
lol
i made her a frog cake for her 16 brithday
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2009
8:22 PM

Post #6252700

Thanks everyone, all is fine, looks horrible, but is fine LOL! It was another dose of skin cancer and you know how that goes. He has even more to do in a month or so and perhaps a skin graft as it is a large area, but for a person who loves the outdoors and the gardens, what is one to do? Thanks for thinkin of me, I'll be fine.
Elle your babies are so adorable, bet you were the belle of the ball at work with photos of grand"kids" LOL! Funny story about your dear daughter, did she understand the signifigance of the frog cake?
Dianne - you have a mt. cabin, don't you just love the wood stove. We used to go to ours more in the winter, but when we do we have to lug water to flush and that is quite a chore for our age so we mostly go when we get the water turned back on which will be in about another month.
plantgeek, what is yor book about? Sounds like you have been very busy.
blossom, you are haveing the worst time with frozen water stuff this season, sure hope you get thawed and dried out soon, before you look like a prune!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2009
10:49 PM

Post #6253259

LOL!! Well we are holding our own. The DH and I always said we would grow old and wrinkle together...!!!

The tide is receeding! Least it did warm up a hair though!

Well, off to feed the zoo...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 11, 2009
10:56 PM

Post #6253280

Hi everyone!
Glad you got there safety Dianne, enjoy yourself and have fun! Thanks, on the tea and Mum's crystal basket. LoL!
elle, good you are feeling better. The baby goats are so cute. Will you keep them?
Thanks Blossom, you will have your own greens soon!

Candee, So good to hear the procedure went well. Now you keep out the garden!!! We don't want you getting any dirt on you until it's healed. LoL! You have been very brave and deserve your favourite lemon merrigue pie, relax and take it easy!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2009
10:58 PM

Post #6253286

Ribbet! LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 11, 2009
10:59 PM

Post #6253289

And a cuppa to wash it down!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 11, 2009
11:02 PM

Post #6253300

Ribbet !!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2009
12:08 PM

Post #6255340

OMG Terri you must be reading my mind. Yesterday while off I took a look in the cupboard and spied some lemon cook n serve pudding and thought how much I would love to have some lemon meringue pie!!! You surely fill the bill.
Must admit I was in the garden yesterday on my return home and did manage to do enough to get the sutures bleeding so Steve made me stop, I don't listen well, but no dirt got in the wounds. Soon as these heal I go back for more and a likely skin graft, yuk.
Now where did you get those lovely yellows? I noticed yesterday that my daffs are coming up. I am always draggin stone around and noticed one patch of daffs on either side of a rock and when I pulled up the rock voila, there were some pittiful whitish daffs under the rock.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 12, 2009
1:51 PM

Post #6255652

hi all
haighr i hope you get better soon
i hope to be able to face thing as well as you do
my health for my age is good
no one seen to know how old i am
well we had a enought baby goat this time a little buck
picture will come later
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
4:35 PM

Post #6256420

Hi Candee, I knew it!!!!! you just couldn't keep out the garden! Good job Steve is there to keep an eye on you! You are allowed to go around the garden taking pics of whats coming up, but NO digging!!! ok?
Funny you should say that about the daffs, I was 'looking' at my mess in the greenhouse and found some pots with bulbs coming up, all whiteish leaves LoL! Btw, florists daffs in the teapot!

elle, I know how old you are!!!! a year older from last years 65 birthday cake, but not quite!!

Someone else's Birthday coming up soon on 21st March LOL!!!
It's marked on our cafe' calendar, a social event is booked.

My Sil came to stay, she brought me bunches of flowers! here's a vase for the cafe'

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
4:49 PM

Post #6256490

I don't have a clue what the orange balls are !

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 12, 2009
4:56 PM

Post #6256525

yep
so your is befor my
they say retire but not me
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2009
5:01 PM

Post #6256542

rIBBET...

We have the frog in the throat thing going on here.. cough cough, hack hack...2 aspirin, a bag of throat lozenges and call the doctor in the morning... achy blues.

But sun is out and we are just sitting snug as two frogs on a lilypad!

Orange balls.. huh? LOL! PRE -tea! I like the PANK though!

hrrrumfff! Boinggggggg!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
5:06 PM

Post #6256573

Hi elle! you can't retire from work on a farm!! LOL.
It's Not my Birthday on 21st March. Mine is in May!
How are the goats today?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
5:10 PM

Post #6256600

Hi Blossom!

RiBbet! rIBbeT!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 12, 2009
5:13 PM

Post #6256614

hi all
yep no retire for this one
we got 1 more baby yesterday
a baby boy
send picture tomorrow
i eating lunch
and thinking of getting ready for work
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
5:15 PM

Post #6256628

Have a good day elle! got any spare lunch? lol! cakes?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 12, 2009
5:36 PM

Post #6256725

hi
no cake ,pie,or candy
i get tomorrow off
but got to much to do
on the fram to bake
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
5:40 PM

Post #6256742

ok, I'll just starve. LOL!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 12, 2009
5:46 PM

Post #6256769

hi
but we do eat well here
meat ,poatoes,and veg
o my dh he salad every night
we are poor but we eat good on this fram
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #6256912

Glad to hear you eat good there elle, so do we. Time for another birthday already, time does fly. Enjoy your day off and don't toil too hard on the farm.
LOL on 3/21, guess I know who you mean. Will have a great day as Tim, Amy and Eva are coming from Ohio.
Terri those are divine, don't know about the orange balls either but sure they look great and quite a nice picher you have that first one in.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2009
6:52 PM

Post #6257084

Happy Birthday to you, Hoppy birthday Ribbet to you, hoppeeeee birthday to ewe! Hoppy birthday to YOU!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
6:57 PM

Post #6257109

elle, you spoil hubby with salad everyday? I Love salad!

Candee, Thank you! Yes I love SIL's pink jug, I'm just 'borrowing' it!!
I thought you might have family coming for your B'day. Maybe we should have your party the day before on Friday? Whatever suits you best!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 12, 2009
9:10 PM

Post #6257643

On the menu tonight. floating flower soup!. slurp, pardon me!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2009
12:01 AM

Post #6258395

Terri, I sure wish I had good news from my area...just returnd from town, the town is closed due to flooding, the river is up. Many roads are closed and some people have already evacuated. No through traffic and traffic is being re-routed.

Will know more in a few days if this is a FEMA thing again or not.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2009
11:38 AM

Post #6260372

Oh no blossom, what a gloom and doom outlook that photo is. What river is it that is flooding? Sure hope you get some relief and sunshine your way soon. I'd send some, but we don't have any here either, but we are fortunate to not have the flooding problem.
Terri, I expect the kids to come on Friday so perhaps a late Sunday lunch or early dinner party would work. We gotta make sure Elle is available so she can celebrate as well, so how bout that elle are you around on Sunday the 22nd. late afternoon or early eve?
Blossom you got more frogs than I can shake a stick at LOL! Cute one there.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 13, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #6261172

hi all
i would love to party
but i going to work that sunday
but plese send me picture
i can party in the morning
my daughter love frog
i send every thing with frog on it to her
well i off work today
then work the weekend
then beleive or not the next 5 day off
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 13, 2009
4:35 PM

Post #6261329

Hi everyone, YaY it's Friday!!!

Blossom, sorry you are having such awful weather conditions. What is FEMA?
Candee, Well, Sunday sounds good to me!
elle, don't worry! you'll get your own party, when it's your Birthday dear!!!

Better get busy in the kitchen, I wonder if I dare ask Madame Woodsy for some help?
she's a bit cranky these days. LoL!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 13, 2009
6:15 PM

Post #6261745

hi all
yes that well be a wonderful day
we got three baby goat
and i am waching for more
about 6 more are due
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2009
8:08 PM

Post #6262150

Here's a little something to dress up the bar area ( you know it is my favorite!) elle, congrats on all the new babies and on the 5 days off, wow you must be thrilled to be on holiday.
Federal Emergency Management Assoc. FEMA they help out in times of disaster Terri, least they are supposed to.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2009
9:00 PM

Post #6262327

Well, GW Bush did get us FEMA assistance last year 2 x when the town flooded. This time, does not look like it is that bad.. just the usual normal flooding.. not what we had that was above and beyond so no FEMA this time.. They sure took a licking in New Orleans with it though when Katrina hit.. what a mess. Ijust returned again from town and the main drag is closed.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2009
9:02 PM

Post #6262334

Lovely arrangement haighr!

Here is pic of road closure.. not very good.. I did not realize I was in the shade when taking it...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2009
12:24 PM

Post #6264879

Hi everyone!

Candee, Our bar area is looking fantastic! Love the new arrangement, very pretty. Is that a new vase? it's a lovely shape. Good idea to get the bar stocked up, all donations will be gratefully recieved!! Ok T.Totalers, join in the fun and bring your bottles!!!!! We will have to send out invitations to absent friends. LoL!

elle, more goats on the way? you are going to be busy with all those kids!!!!
Blossom, Hope things get better for you soon.

Dianne, Welcome home!!!!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2009
12:58 PM

Post #6264981

Well, think I'll just try that green goblin, what is it anyway?
Blossom can't quite tell about the road closure is it where the dozer is? Looks like a quaint rural america town, nice for you.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2009
1:11 PM

Post #6265022

Yes small town, road still closed I beleive because i am not seeign traffic coming through where I am. All detours.

I do not live in town and am rural.

Well, going to do menial tasks today so best hop to it! Catch yall when I can!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2009
3:42 PM

Post #6265583

Hi Candee! here's your green goblin cider, cheers! How are you? not doing stuff in the garden are you?!!

Blossom, your town looks like something out of a movie! Are you putting that little froggy in the washing machine? AWWWW,,, rib bet!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2009
3:50 PM

Post #6265615

Forgot to say, Candee has a new thread 'Faked you out' , it's time to dust your fakes and get them on display!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2009
4:04 PM

Post #6265676

Nevermind now I want that Jamaican Stout!!! tout the stout for me!
What on earth are you up to there blossom?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 14, 2009
9:38 PM

Post #6267048

How many stouts have you had now Candee?... lol no dancin' on the tables tonight!!!
Have a snack!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2009
10:21 PM

Post #6267216

You will have to go to the frog thread...dang snake got the best of me!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2009
10:24 PM

Post #6267235

If the coast is clear on the frog thread, I might return.. heheheerbit!

So ok. link please mistro

.. going to FAKE OUT!

Jes as soon as I finish doing my shorts.

Ribbet
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #6270594

Well I musta had one too many cause I have no idea what blossom is talking about and I can't for the life of me figure out what that arrangement is Terri. A teapot on its side with something tied up in floral paper??? Have I gone mad????????
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 15, 2009
5:15 PM

Post #6270805

Hey Plantgeek!!!!! Watch out the 'Link' police are about!!!

Ohhh Hello Candee! Didn't see you there LOL!
Don't worry dear, you are not going mad!!!!! It is a little plate in the shape of a teapot I found. I think it's a spoon rest.
Tha bundle of carnation buds were supposed to be olives or pastatio (sp) nuts! Think I'm the mad one here!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2009
5:39 PM

Post #6270934

Okay I get it now! Pretty pinks you found there.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2009
5:51 PM

Post #6270979

Oops thats FAKE YOU OUT! Candees new thread to which a link is neeeded!

Good news, the river is down... bad news..Blossom got big headcold. and cough... Her ribbet is Croaking...her eyes itchy, head stuffy cough yet.

Crowwwwk,

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 16, 2009
12:42 AM

Post #6272805

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962058/ testing testing ...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 16, 2009
12:44 AM

Post #6272818

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962373/ ' Faked you out'
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 16, 2009
12:49 AM

Post #6272835

La La La, da de da, hipperty hop haha!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2009
4:32 AM

Post #6273858

Blossom - sorry to hear you caught a cold.

Terri - I have one of those little teapot things too. I use it to put the teabags on once the tea is at the right strength.

Candee - I can see how you would be a little confused...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2009
11:58 AM

Post #6274377

Well la di da Terri, could I be more proud!!!
Hey everyone you have got to check out dalfyres thread on the flower show, come on over and take a sneak peek!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962890/
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2009
1:11 PM

Post #6274593

By George, I think shes got it! Terri - ooh-Rah!

Ok.. today laughing is not an option for me.. I been coughing so hard with this lousy bug, my ribs are killing me. Supposedly this is the worst day of this virus.. had the fever and chill thing going on last night so I should be on the getting better end of this now.

yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 17, 2009
2:52 AM

Post #6278482

Blossom,

I have it too! I had it from friday till today and I am starting to feel a little better. I am on an antibiotic for my ear... I think I got this at the Drs office when I went in for my ear. People were coughing all around me. Next time I will wear a mask and take lysol with me!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2009
1:22 PM

Post #6279770

It is going around everywhere, very contageouis.. GOD, it is miserable. I could not sleep last night again. Hacking, wheezing, fever chills, had to P every 5 minutes.. just awful. (sorry for details.. but tha tis whatis going around) Ribs hurt so bad from the hacking I feel like i got kicked by a mule. Gonna have to cancel my dentist again.. geez.

Well, hope whoever has it gets better soon and for those who dont, man are you lucky, but get some cough drops. You will need them.

I have not had a cold in 7 years too.. ugh.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2009
2:17 PM

Post #6279971

Oh Blossom, I am so sorry to hear you are not getting any better. Have you tried some honey and hot tea with a drop of whiskey? May help you to get some rest. Hope the sun shines on you soon and you feel back to your ole self.

Try to stay close to this lantern and get yourself warmed up.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2009
2:46 PM

Post #6280099

Thanks you.. The warmth from that lantern feels so good!
It is a beautiful day today.. I am just going to take it easy.. maybe go back to bed.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 17, 2009
7:43 PM

Post #6281380

Eat 5 bugs while standing on your head and simultainiously, drink a quart of hooch. You won't feel a thing, guaranteed. ;)
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2009
7:53 PM

Post #6281420

LOL!! RIBBEELCH!!! Oh GOD, pleeeeezzzz dont make me laugh... ...
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 17, 2009
8:17 PM

Post #6281520

Hi All - Happy St. Patrick's day. Hope you are wearing green (Terri - we have a tradition, mostly among the kids, that if you are not wearing green on St. Pat's day, you will be pinched...) Drinking is another tradition LoL.

I posted this in the yard to vase series, but thought it would be appropriate to have it in the cafe in honor of this day of green.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2009
9:48 PM

Post #6281867

Awww dang it soils, I am missing the St Paddies gig on both counts! No drinking less its orange juice and no pinching... and most of all no laughing.. !! About the only thing going here, is I am still a tad gra-reen...

Lovely euphs'!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2009
12:39 PM

Post #6284196

Aaaaaah! feeling mush better this morning. Hope everyone is how should we say, not having the St Paddies day after flew? I think the eucalyptus thingees I got into was the helpmate of my ails. My cough is almost gone, although my head is still stuffy and eyes itch, its much better than the last three days. I think the fever final quit too.

cool thread here...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/950759/

I am heading to town. That lady that was sendign me some floral supplies came through and now I am officially having to make a wreath for a cancer patient so off I go.. catch you all later.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 18, 2009
2:02 PM

Post #6284542

Hi everyone!

Candee, Thanks for the lovely arrangement with the lantern! Where did you get those flowers? LoL!
I had a look at Dalfyre's thread, it's a fantastic floral design show everyone, inspirational!! Thanks for the link. and Thank you for encouraging me to try to do it!!! I'm only sorry others efforts to teach me how to 'link' have failed in the past!!!!!!

Yardqueen, Hope you are feeling better? Colds these days seem to last a long time, sorry you needed antibiotics. Anytime you feel the urge to cut some flowers for one of the tables in here would be much appreciated. LoL!

Dianne, Top of the Mornin' to yer! Missed Paddy's day, fell asleep after dinner!! I know, no fun!!
I was wearing green socks though!! Thanks for the arrangement, gorgeous greens!!

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllo Plantgeeeeeeeeeeek! Howdy! Better keep your snakes away from Blossom's frogs, teehee!

Blossom, SO PLEASED to hear you are feeling a little better.
elle, hope you are better too and enjoying your days off? Must be hectic with all the kids arriving!!

This thread is getting rather long, Starlight will be here to tell us that soon, I hope! LoL! Hi Star!
It's a lovely spring day here and the sun is shining... makes all the difference to lift one's spirit!
Have a good day all.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 2:12 PM
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 18, 2009
2:24 PM

Post #6284657

hi all
well we miss the green yesterday
because it was the day after shipping
o well
me and my hb are doing well
no new baby yet
but any day now
only a woman would know how the last days go
we are going to be doing graden all day today
hope everyone have a bless day
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 18, 2009
5:33 PM

Post #6285558

Hi elle, just in time for the Irish dancing!!! Katie's football boots are doing the Riverdance!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 18, 2009
5:34 PM

Post #6285563

fiddle de dee!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 18, 2009
5:36 PM

Post #6285574

Thank you dear Katie!! ... Bye bye>>. go and do your homework!!

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 6:27 PM

yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 18, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #6285812

Hi everybody! I am a bit better today... I still don't feel like doing much today but that is becasue I was up all night coughing!

Terri, the antibiotics were for my ear, which started this whole thing. I went to the doctor because it hurt and my hearing was affected also. I picked this bug up at the drs office. but I do feel some better. I will be happy to bring some flowers to the cafe once I ever get any! But I should have some nice ones this year.

Soils, Lovely 'Bells of Ireland'... I planted some last year and they were not nearly as pretty as yours. I was quite disappointed! Do you have any growing tips?

yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 18, 2009

Post #6285855

Oh dear! Do I feel silly! I just realized those are not Bells of Ireland... They looked like them at first, but now I see the difference! And no, I haven't been into the "spirits" unless you include nyquill!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 18, 2009
8:16 PM

Post #6286203

hi all
been planning graden all day
it nice here
got ridden of the cold here
we are both over it
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2009
8:27 PM

Post #6286233

Elle - glad that you are better.

yardqueen - I had some bells of Ireland for a few years, and they self-sow for awhile, but then all died back. I really do like them, and will have to grow some more once I get some seeds from someone. I passed some to my sister and hopefully she was able to keep her supply of the bells of Ireland alive.
and yes, Nyquil works wonders.

Terri - tell Katie those are nifty shoes. Great for St. Patrick's day.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2009
11:56 PM

Post #6287200

Holy cow! Whaaat a day! I am exhausted from unpacking and sorting those floral supplies that Pat sent me. Jeez, she sent me 2 huge boxes jam pack to the gills that when after I opened then up had me a jack in the box surprise of so much stuff, affer seperating holiday likes and supplies and such, it sorted down to this pile of goods..and I am standing here scratching my head going where the heck did my work bench go?

About the only thing we are missing is RIBBONS! LOL go figure on that one! I want so bad to use the bowmaker.. we still are sufferng a ribbon shortage!

I am going to have to go hunting. Look out ebay, here we go again!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2009
11:58 PM

Post #6287211

Can you beleive all that came from these two parcels?

Gads whoever it was that said "nothing big never came out of anything small" was a total idiot!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 19, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #6287245

Hi Blossom, Looks like you've got loads of goodies there! you hit the jackpot!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2009
12:25 AM

Post #6287330

Hey hiya Terry, did you check out your D-mail.. got a cute surprise in there for you!

Man what a treasure haul today.. well I best be getting to work, yeah right like tomorrow.. zzzzzzzz hehehe!..

Tomorrow>>>
One floral coming up for my special cancer patient. And then something special for our other friend in the hospital too. BTW, the boy did get better some, he fought of a horrible staff infection, but he will need life care due to the brain damages suffered in the accident. It truly will take a lot of prayers and a miracle for him and the family. What a tough ordeal. They set up a collection for him and amazing how our church pulled together for a lovely gift for them to help them get through.

Well, g'nite all, or is it g'day? guess it depends on where yer standing, for me, its dark!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2009
6:00 AM

Post #6288697

walking in sleep. must take boxes of floral supplies to

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/939159/

zzzzzz... thump.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2009
6:04 AM

Post #6288701

Oh and soils.. I GOT BULBS hehehe!.. but will be happy to take any of yer unwanteds!

go to:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/958032/

See ya there~
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 19, 2009

Post #6289635

Hi everyone!

Just popping in quickly, it seems I have 101 jobs to do on my day off!
I would much rather be hanging out here getting things ready for Candee's party!

Candee, what would you like for your Birthday?
and about your party, any ideas? a themed party or what? will Woodsy be working?

Suggestions for Candee's party can be placed on the notice board!!
Have a good day!

This message was edited Mar 19, 2009 3:04 PM
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 19, 2009
3:33 PM

Post #6289764

hi all
is any one going to stsrt a new thread
i on dail up
and can not get every thing up
it a lovely day today
done with garden for awhile
waiting on new baby
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

March 20, 2009
2:57 PM

Post #6294656

We are over here now at Cafe 20!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/965189/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America