-
AuthorContent
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2009
5:46 AM

Post #6154561

I was posting the pictures on the other thread, telling that my Mom had started sculpting with Salt Dough...I actually had forgotten that I still had some of them stored away.

As I had said, "Mom always wanted to sculpt... since she was a child." Being not too sure of her talent, and very saving on money, she decided to begin with the salt dough. She had a ball! She would have their arms tied to the cabinet to attain a particular position...They were everywhere. She gave them to us...my sister in Indiana went thru a flood, my sister in Mississippi a hurricane, so these are pictues of the very few that are actually left.

They now sit on the shelf above my computer. They bring back many memories. Mom went on to sculpt in Super Sculpey, and then clay. She bought books on how to make molds and made her originals out of ceramic. They are shown at my member's page in my Garden Diary.
Hopefully these will inspire any new artists..."You can do it! Just try!!!!!"

Jeanne

Here they are:

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 11:56 PM

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Crafts and Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new forum! Trish 17 Oct 5, 2009 12:23 AM
What a find!!! justmeLisa 37 Feb 24, 2009 8:26 AM
My Dream Catchers....for Zanymuse, et al roadrunner 32 Aug 26, 2008 2:29 AM
Christmas Spider instructions melody 42 Jan 20, 2010 12:54 AM
Very rare and old craft Dinu 55 Aug 9, 2007 11:43 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America