home made baby wipes recipe?

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I was wondering if anyone has the homemade baby wipes recipe that you make with I think Bounty? paper towels?

Has anyone actually made and used them, and what did you think of them?
My son is 12 and wears diapers, so we spend alot of $ on wipes. I was thinking of trying these out and see how they do. Are they very strong, have much substance to them?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

This might be what you are looking for:
http://tipnut.com/homemade-baby-wipes-recipe/

thank you.
It says that the wipes have to be used in 7 days or they may spoil.
Why would that be I wonder?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

They'll grow mold or bacteria if you let them sit too long--the commercial baby wipes have a preservative of some sort added to them which lets them stay good for longer.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I have made them to use when we are camping and they work and store quite well. (1 jar lasts about a month in the summer, we use them up)

I use bounty. Cut in half with an electric knife, remove core and squash the roll into a plastic large mouth jar. (jar had crackers or pretzels in it, I think)

I use 2 cups of water, a Tbs of baby oil and a couple Tbs of baby shampoo. Easy, cheap and useful! Wish I knew how to make these years ago when I had kids!

We are all pretty alergic to scents so I am still not sure how I am going to try this, because I am having a hard time finding fragrance free stuff to use.
I hate scents. It seems everything is making me sick nowadays. Fabric softeners, and hairspray, even my face powder. I quit using fabric softener, and bought some fragrance free hairspray only to find out it really stunk anyway!
Sometimes even just walking by someone at the store will bother me for a couple hours.
I avoid clerks that look highly scented lol You know the ones, with big hair, sparkly earrings and thick lipstick :)

Mid-Michigan, MI(Zone 5b)

This site has several different "recipes".
http://www.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/homemade-baby-wipes-recipes.html

Hmm I might try the olive oil, thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images