Photo by Melody

Article: A Tale of Two Hollyhocks The Priscilla Hollyhock: Author's Point of View on Priscilla

Communities > Forums > Article: A Tale of Two Hollyhocks The Priscilla Hollyhock
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Tale of Two Hollyhocks The Priscilla HollyhockReplies: 11, Views: 79
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AnneBroyles
North Andover, MA

February 20, 2009
7:35 PM

Post #6165971

I am the author of PRISCILLA AND THE HOLLYHOCKS and want to thank you, Benjamin, for sharing her about Priscilla and her love of flowers. I feel so privileged to have found her story, which, as you say, shows the child's courage and resiliency. I am now and will always be a hollyhock gardener, even though before I researched this book I did not know what the flower looked like! (Not many hollyhocks where I grew up in the Southwest.)

For more information on the book and Priscilla, you can check out my web site at http://www.annebroyles.com. You can order the book from an independent bookseller or the publisher (http://www.charlesbridge.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=4728). Even better, donate copy to your local library to even more children can learn about Priscilla.
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

February 20, 2009
7:43 PM

Post #6165997

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! Anne! I have tears of joy right now.

I just love your book so much and you found my article. How wonderful! You grew up in the Southwest? Hollyhocks do really well here. I have a hollyhock forest right now. They are Indians Spring's and some Russian Yellow's.

How rude of me not to include links to your site.

What an incredible honor to have you comment on this article. As I say, it took me such a long time to write. Did I do it justice? It was a pleasure to write and I am humbled by the response it has received here at Dave's.

Again, I thank you for this incredible book. It is a delight to own and a wonderful story to share with others. I never thought of donating a copy to our library but I will be doing just that.

Right now I feel like a singer on stage singing songs by their favorite artist and then the atist comes on stage! Your comment on this article means so much to me.

Blessings to you,
Ben
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2009
7:57 PM

Post #6166041

A nice incredible turn in this endearing story. Nice to see you Anne. I will also be reading your book.

You never know, do you, Benny?
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

February 20, 2009
7:59 PM

Post #6166049

:-)

No Sharon, you never know. This is one of the most wonderful Dave's Garden experieces I have had.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2009
8:04 PM

Post #6166067

Well deserved, I think.
Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 20, 2009
8:34 PM

Post #6166149

Sharon you will love that story. My kids and I have read the book oh I do not know 50 times at least. Ben gave us one of the Hollyhocks and my daughter cried when it did not make it. She really got the importance of it.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2009
8:54 PM

Post #6166218

Now I am jealous. You have met Ben.
But...yes I am getting the book! (And a seed or two from Big Ben!)
Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 20, 2009
9:12 PM

Post #6166298

I am waiting on seeds as well. Yes we have met Ben, he is truly one of my treasured friends and my daughter adores him. She is an extremely good judge of character!!!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2009
9:15 PM

Post #6166307

My turn will come.
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

February 21, 2009
3:17 AM

Post #6167908

Sharon...You come out to visit me and we'll trek through Arizona and meet up with lots of these nice folks...

Benny...I loved the article...and I love Holly hocks...they make me think of my Mother's garden in WV...I do have a problem with the rabbits (which I have put wire to deter them)...but some leaf eater eats all the leaves!! What to do?? I have 4 that is in leaf now...waiting for spring to spring. I sure hope that we have blooms this year. Jo
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2009
3:19 AM

Post #6167919

Well, now, that is a thought, Jo...hmmmmmmm...

roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

February 21, 2009
3:23 AM

Post #6167932

Fly Southwest to Tucson...cheaper and better!! Just let me know when...except I will be going EAST from June 24th through July 15th ish. Jo

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Tale of Two Hollyhocks The Priscilla Hollyhock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A beautiful bit of history Sharran 11 Feb 23, 2009 9:18 PM
Thank you robcorreia 1 Feb 23, 2009 9:17 PM
a touching story with a good ending! gloriag 1 Feb 23, 2009 9:17 PM
Delightful! Fleurs 1 Feb 23, 2009 9:20 PM
Priscilla ginny11 1 Mar 5, 2009 4:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America