Photo by Melody

Article: Snail and slug control from a veterinary perspective: Thanks, Geoff

Communities > Forums > Article: Snail and slug control from a veterinary perspective
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snail and slug control from a veterinary perspectiveReplies: 2, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
justwannagarden
Cooksburg, PA

February 22, 2009
2:03 AM

Post #6171648

Anyone who loves dogs and plants is a friend of mine! Thanks for the warning, just as I'm in search of slug solutions before the problem comes this summer. By the way, Taunton's Fine Gardening magazine has a pretty good article on the topic this month. Geoff - any chance you can help with my 13 yr. old Golden mix's hip trouble? He's beginning to have lots of trouble jumping and going up stairs. I tried glucosamine and chondroitin otc last Aug. and he was A NEW DOG within 5 days of taking 500mg/day. No kidding. Problem was a severe allergic reaction, we assume to the shellfish/chondroitin. Since then, I've been steered to Dasuquin with no response after going up to 2000mg/day for 4 weeks, and now trying Science Diet j/d for three weeks with no response. It's KILLING me not to be able to help my best friend. Think there would be any benefit to pure glucosamine without the chondroitin? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2009
2:15 AM

Post #6171703

Chondroitin has long been found to do little to help, so yes, get glucosamine without the Chondroitin. But be patient with the diet and these products.. these are not drugs, but nutritive additives and they typically take 3-4 months to even begin to see the changes...
justwannagarden
Cooksburg, PA

February 25, 2009
3:33 AM

Post #6186624

Thanks again. Obviously, patience is not one of my virtues - but gardening and life are teaching me ...slowly!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snail and slug control from a veterinary perspective Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks! KyWoods 8 Apr 13, 2008 3:19 AM
I always say, "beer is best!" Sundownr 1 Apr 12, 2008 2:50 PM
SLUGS fred321 1 Apr 13, 2008 3:12 AM
Can slugs carry diseases? wabzy 1 Apr 15, 2008 4:30 AM
Slug problem ARWadoo 0 Apr 15, 2008 5:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America