Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Knowing the Degree of Difficulty When Starting Flowering Plants from Seed: A Beginner's Reference: Not Worth the Effort? Cranesbill?

Communities > Forums > Article: Knowing the Degree of Difficulty When Starting Flowering Plants from Seed: A Beginner's Reference
bookmark
Forum: Article: Knowing the Degree of Difficulty When Starting Flowering Plants from Seed: A Beginner's ReferenceReplies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Leehallfae
Seattle, WA

February 24, 2009
10:56 AM

Post #6182000

Hi Larry:

Not only are Cranesbill easy to grow, some of them are as blue as the Meconopsis and outbloom them. Rozanne, for example, produces flowers in November. Meconopsis gives up by the end of May.

Lily of the Valley, Sweet Woodruff, Iris (all of them), Lamium, Mondo grass and Perinwinkle: They do fine in the Pacific Northwest. Periwinkle is another terrific, low maintenance, ground cover with true blue flowers. They look very good next to the Gunnera (Dinosaur Food) M.
LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2009
1:47 AM

Post #6190732

Hello, again, Jennifer! I did have good luck with one Cranesbill called 'Splish Splash.' I grow all the other varieties you mention, except for Gunnera, which is not hardy in our Zone 5a garden. I have the perfect spot for it, if only I were in a warmer zone...(sigh). Best--Larry☼

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Knowing the Degree of Difficulty When Starting Flowering Plants from Seed: A Beginner's Reference Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
nice article! onewish1 2 Feb 22, 2009 10:44 PM
Blue Poppy Debsroots 8 Feb 26, 2009 1:33 AM
Thanks... Sundownr 2 Feb 22, 2009 10:42 PM
Your article. leeflea51 1 Feb 22, 2009 10:39 PM
geraniums mothermole 1 Feb 22, 2009 10:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America