Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Forest Hills, MA?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
1956: Elmer Drew Merrill, American botanist, taxonomist and director of the New York Botanical Garden, died at Forest Hills, Massachusetts.

There really isn't a "Forest Hills, MA! There's Forest Hills station and the Forest Hills neighborhood which are part of the Jamaica Plain section of Boston. But if you were in Boston already, you'd say "I live near Forest Hills Station, in JP" and if you were elsewhere in MA, you'd probably just say "I live in Boston."

In case anyone cares!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Point taken. Perhaps you should take it up with Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Drew_Merrill (that's most likely where we retrieved the details.)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL that's a little too unwieldy for me to manage - I'll just politely sit here and shout quietly to nobody in particular.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I've amended the listing for next year, and we do appreciate constructive input when we've made an error--we're human, and errors will happen.

However, I think it's fair to say that shouting is rarely polite or quiet.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sorry, Terry. I really didn't think it would make any difference to anybody, and I'm glad to hear that it does.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I have seen correspondence between some of my relatives around that time frame. The street addresses weren't given, just the neighborhood. so back then they may have said: Forrest Hills, Boston, Mass.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.