Wind: 5 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.00 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 18000 ft
Scattered Clouds 30000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Celia, what is "I want to believe"?

There were altocumulus clouds on Friday, cirrus clouds yesterday, and very wide contrails today, all of which point towards rain, but they are only calling for a 30% chance.

sparaxis

Thumbnail by Kelli
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 1, 2009
9:50 PM

Post #6207677

narcissus

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 1, 2009
9:51 PM

Post #6207681

freesias

Thumbnail by Kelli

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 1, 2009
9:52 PM

Post #6207683

March came in tidewater, VA like a lion!! It's 37 degrees with wind NNE at 18 MPH and a wintry mix. I have been cold all day. Tomorrow is suppose to only get up to 31 degrees with snow in the morning. This is so typical for this area. It was 70 degrees a couple of days ago. We have not had any snow so far to stick to the ground...only some flurries. Always comes when spring looks like it's going to be here soon with the trees budding and the daffs blooming. Oh well...you can't fool Mother Nature! The goldfinches don't seem to mind; I had at least two dozen of them at the feeders today. They are about to eat me out of house and home...so many of them this year.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 1, 2009
10:07 PM

Post #6207732

Happy Spring everyone! Such beautiful flowers!
Because it's March 1st and we are celebrating a very nice custom we are calling "Martisor"...some of you already know about it...I'm sending you all a "Martisor" for good luck and health!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2009
10:36 PM

Post #6207875

Thank you, Adina! I saved it on my computer.

"I Want To Believe" is the poster Agent Mulder had over his desk on the TV show, The X-Files.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
12:28 AM

Post #6208370

Dark - Cold & some white stuff falling from the skies. I do not think much will accumulate
but I'll leave early for work in the morning just to be on the safe side.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2009
12:43 AM

Post #6208421

Thanks for the new thread, kelli, and the beautiful photos, as well.
Adina~thank you; so thoughtful of you and it's a wonderful tradition.
Dyson~take care w/drive tomorrow.
FlipFlops~seems the birds love your feed; they'll need it with that wintery weather.
Sunny, up to 15* this afternoon with lots of fresh snow from yesterday.
Camo Playground ~

Thumbnail by kiska

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 2, 2009
12:52 AM

Post #6208449

We got the lamb. Sunny all day, although not to warm. Maybe 20.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2009
1:02 AM

Post #6208502

Sunny, with very little wind and very cold. This morning I needed my sunglasses to be able to see just to go down and get the paper. Very bright.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2009
1:50 AM

Post #6208700

. . .like a lion here, too. Although, all the snow is gone, it is still cold and the wind has been blowing somewhat.
Thanks for the new thread, Kelli. That sporaxis is gorgeous and the other flowers, too.
Adina: I can't say that I know what "martisor" is but that bouquet is neat. What's it made from?
FlipFlops: what a neat ID name! welcome to the weather thread!!
Dyson: yes, please do be careful on the drive in to work tomorrow.
Kiska: neat photo of the playground. Are those aspen trees?
Bernie: How did the benefit for the baby go this morning?

Currently 36 F and fair according to the Weather Channel. How do they know if it is fair--it's Dyson dark outside. LOL

I go to my daughter's house on Wed. I'll be gone for about 12 days but you won't be rid of me that easily--LOL--because I'm buying a new laptop tomorrow and I'm taking it with me! Hooray!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2009
2:04 AM

Post #6208751

Lion here too!
33 and windy going to the upper teens.

Thanks Adina!

Ric
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2009
2:05 AM

Post #6208754

19F and a bit windy this evening. We had quite a bit of sunshine this weekend but highs only reached the 20's. High of only 13F expected tomorrow but a warm up is on the way with highs in the 40's later this week. The big snowstorm moving up the Eastern Seaboard tonight and tomorrow will miss us here.

Kelli...I'm enjoying your "green" hiking photos. Looks like Northern CA will be rainy the next few days with a big storm moving in off the Pacific.

early_bloomer

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 2, 2009
2:59 AM

Post #6209001

The benefit must have been a great success. It ran from 6 AM until 1 PM. We were there at about 8:30. Not a lot of people at that moment, but looked as though many had been there. We had our breakfast & while we were eating people kept coming in.
They also had a silent auction. There must have been upwards of 50 items. Many worth well over $100.00. We looked at everything. Most had bids on them already & some were quite substantial. We were ready to leave at a bit after 9. The first mass at the Catholic church must have just let out. The place was full in a few minutes.

This is a town of 2500. Also a farming community, where everybody helps in hard times. The father works at a tractor repair shop & is well liked. The mothers family has been in the community forever. So I would say they had a very successful event.

One a little over a year ago a benefit for a lady that had a stroke while giving birth, over 700 people came for a supper.

Bernie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
5:43 AM

Post #6209591

So glad to hear that, Bernie! Glad it was a success.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
6:21 AM

Post #6209667

I'm glad it was a success, too, Bernie.

Thanks for the new thread, Kelli!

Yayyy!!! about the new laptop, Marilyn!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your daughter.

It was chilly here this morning, too, and is going to be in the 30s again tonight. We had a father-daughter bake-off after church this afternoon. That was fun! Charles and the big bunny made a cake decorated like a pond... It was really cute. They won second prize for cakes (there was a white chocolate raspberry cake that tasted better), and first prize for the most creative entry. The "prizes" were just dollar store wooden spoons spray painted gold, silver, and bronze, so it wasn't a very serious competition. It was a lot of fun, though!! :-)

We have a new camera (yayyy!), but by the time we finished putting the cake together last night, we didn't think to take a photo. Charles took one this morning, but the judges were already milling around, so you can't see all of the details... I think they did a good job. :-) I helped with the frosting, but Charles came up with the design idea (we found the bits and pieces at Hobby Lobby), and Joy helped make the batter and place all of the critters on the top.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
6:22 AM

Post #6209668

Here are Joy (big bunny) and Charles with their spoons...

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
6:23 AM

Post #6209670

And here's what happens when you eat the cake. LOL We're sending the rest of the cake to work with Charles in the morning. Hopefully they won't have any big clients coming in to see the salesguys... Maybe we should send toothpaste and brushes in, too. LOL

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 2, 2009
7:49 AM

Post #6209770

Marylyn, wow, those cakes are looking great and I bet they're yummy! So funny your bunny's blue lips !LOL
Mau,"Martisor"It is about a small object, like an amulet, representing a flower, an animal or something cute, which has a thin thread, made of white and red,ended with 2 tassels : one white and one red, tight like a ribbon. The amulets are given to women as a gift from their loved ones : husband, kids or friends, not only from men friends. Women and girls are exchanging amulets too. My "martisor" is made of metal with gold on top.
Years ago, the men were the ones who were receiving the"martisor", to protect them in wars.
Here's a link to an article about Martisor, so you can find more information. Search for the article called "Martisor" on the left bottom of the page.

http://www.meetromania.info/

Kiska, that's a beautiful view of the playground!
It's been so nice yesterday, sunny and it's getting warmer. Today it's Dyson dark so far, cloudy and windy. Temps are arround 40.
These are a few amulets I bought for my friends.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
11:04 AM

Post #6209935

Kelli Thanks for the new thread! Your blooms are looking great! Mine are just now coming up.

March is in like a lion for us. Yesterday was blustery and cold. The sun came out around 1pm, but the wind was crazy. Knocked over a couple of plants and almost tore the sabal palm in half at one point.

Bernie The chest is bamboo. I cant believe he let it go for so little.
Adina Thank you!
Celia I didnt watch X-Files. That show really creeped me out LOL!
Mau So glad youll be spending time with your DD! Congrats on the new laptop!
Bernie That was a wonderful thing for your community to do. Im glad it was a success.
Marylyn Congrats on the win! The cakes looks great!

40.8 F
Overcast
Windchill: 37 F
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 20 F
Wind: 3.8 mphfrom the West
Wind Gust: 7.5 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 3800 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Freeze watch in effect from late tonight through Tuesday morning...

Today
Sunny...breezy and cooler. High 52. Northwest winds 15 mph.

We are colder than normal this time of year. By Friday we will be warmer than normal. This is Peanut and her BFF Lulu Belle.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2009
2:10 PM

Post #6210406

EB: it seems that several of us will be warmer by the week-end. "They" are saying that around here we will be up in the mid to high 70's which is unseasonably warm. Again--yo-yo weather! The poor flowers and shrubs don't know whether to stay asleep or wake up!
Bernie: certainly sounds like the benefit was a big success. How nice that your community comes together to do things like that for those in need.
Marylyn: What a neat cake! So creative! Congratulations to Joy and Charles! The blue lips would be a natural result from eating "pond" icing. LOL
Adina: thanks for explaining about Martisor. It's nice to learn about traditions in other countries.
Sharon: Pea and Lulu Belle are having a good time. I wish Friday had a BFF--it would keep me from having to entertain him so much.

Currently 27 and sunny
Today Mostly Sunny
High 45F
Precip 0%
Wind: NE 13 mph
Max. Humidity: 40%
UV Index: 5 Moderate
Sunrise: 6:36 AM CT
Avg. High: 60F
Record High: 82F (2006)
Tonight: Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 27F
Precip 0%
Wind: ENE 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 55%
Sunset: 6:05 PM CT
Avg. Low: 36F
Record Low: 15F (1980)

I'm off in a couple of hours to buy my new laptop. Wish me good shopping! LOL
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
3:13 PM

Post #6210749

The lion is still here in Tidewater, although not as bad as some other areas south and north of us. We are just close enough to the ocean that we don't always get the snow but we do get the wind off the ocean. It's 27 degrees outside with winds gusting up to 39 MPH. I do see a robin hopping around outside!
Marylyn: Love the pond cake!! What a neat idea.
MySharona: Lula Belle and Peanut are so cute. My golden retriever "Peaches" went outside this morning in our 2 inches of snow and loved it. She didn't want to come back in.
Marsue: Thanks for the compliment...I love the beach and summer so naturally I thought of wearing my favorite shoes "flipflops" or (even better) no shoes at all. Today I have on thick socks and slippers LOL
I am relatively new to DG and still learning about all there is out there. I love this thread too!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 2, 2009
3:32 PM

Post #6210846

Still freezing cold and it's not gonna warm up much today. The sun is shining again so I still need sunglasses when outside. lol
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6210865

Here's my girl, Peaches. She really loves the snow although she doesn't see much of it. She loves the water too!

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2009
3:49 PM

Post #6210934

pepper~no sunglasses needed here, yet; sunrise will be at 7:53; there are stars as bright and beautiful as can be, though. At least cold and clear is a good combination.
Minus 2*; the deck flooring is beginning to pop and crack as the temp drops. Seems to pop with each few degrees drop once it's below zero.
Marylyn_TX~they are to be congratulated on such a cool cake. The awards are very creative, too.
marsue~will there be a BFF for Friday after you move? I think the trees at the playground are birch.
CG~wonderful fundraiser; sounds like a great community and one that comes together in times of need. Very nice.
FlipFlop~welcome; you're right; so much going on here and so many places to visit. I can just imagine your Golden Retriver playing in the snow; cute.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2009
3:51 PM

Post #6210945

FlipFlops~oops, I crossed; Peaches is beautiful; nice to see a photo.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
4:42 PM

Post #6211198

Welcome, Flipflops!!! Peaches has the sweetest face. But, I'll bet she can get into trouble like the rest of our babies. LOL

Mau, have fun getting the new laptop.

Kiska, any more moose sightings?

Marylyn, what a cool idea for a cake! I'm stealing it for Darrell's birthday. LOL

40F with 57 for the high and mostly cloudy with achance of rain. Again.
Feels like: 38F

Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 32
Humidity: 73%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: 0 in
Wind: 3 mph SW
Sunrise: 7:00 AM
Sunset: 6:19 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
5:03 PM

Post #6211288

Just went outside a little while ago (brrrrrrrr it's cold) and took a picture of Peaches in the snow.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2009
9:47 PM

Post #6212532

4* Beautiful blue sky and sunshine this afternoon.
Copy/Paste from wunderground weather site for Alaska:
Sunrise/Sunset times: Actual Time 7:53 AM AKST 6:24 PM AKST Tomorrow will be 5m 51s longer
Low temperatures from around the state: Tanana -41F / -41C
Chandalar Lake -40F / -40C
Arctic Village -36F / -38C
Point Lay -35F / -37C
Selawik -34F / -37C

kwanjin~love the fluffy bird; looks as if it's bundled up against the cold:)
The moose are here off and on; they've really eaten just about all there is near the house, though, so they just pass through, checking for anything left.
FlipFlop~she's posing so nicely; very pretty.

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2009
10:51 PM

Post #6212874

We got a half inch of frozen rain, followed by 5 inches of snow. Tried to leave early for work. That plan did not pan-out because the car doors were frozen shut and I had to let the car idle for a long time before I could get enough of the Ice off the windows to be able to see.

Route 220 was a mess, I - 581 marginally better and the last five minutes of my commute on I - 81 was almost completely clear. I got to work at 6:30. My shift starts at 7:00 but I normally get there by 6:00. About half of the crew showed up.

Currently it is bright, clear and cold. Hopefully we will not get anymore moisture this evening and the commute will go better in the morning.

Care to all.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2009
11:38 PM

Post #6213065

Mau Did you get that laptop? Peanut has met several play buddies at Petco. Lulu Belle is my friends baby. They love each other and play well together.
Welcome FlipFlops! Peaches is beautiful!
Celia Neat pic of the bird what kind is it?
FlipFlops Peaches looks very happy in the snow LOL! BTW Love the screen name!
Kiska - Brrr it looks cold outside!
Dyson Be careful out there. I never think of car doors being frozen closed.

48.2 F
Clear
Windchill: 49 F
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 27 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.12 in(Rising)
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Freeze warning in effect from 1 am to 9 am EST Tuesday...
Freeze watch in effect from late Tuesday night through Wednesday morning...

Tonight
Clear and cold. Low 29. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chills 22 to 27 after midnight.

We've had more freezes than I can remember this season. I'm loosing some plants to them. I hope my Jade makes it. It looks really bad - oh well if not I'll buy another.

I took this last week. Thought the clouds had a interesting look to them.

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2009
1:40 AM

Post #6213793

Couldn't wash the truck today, as planned, as the temperature didn't go above 26 deg. Most of the snow missed us north of Harrisburg, Pa. I saw pictures from the York and Mechanicsburg area in the vicinity of Interstates 81, 83 and 641 that were really nasty looking. Hopefully things will be scraped and salted for tomorrow. Very cold at night up here - around 10 again tonight.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2009
2:02 AM

Post #6213912

Same weather as Pepper... COLD and Sunny...
21 (Wind Chill 10) currently but we should be near 70 by Saturday.

Violent windstorms east and south of us last night.
Several people I know had the siding torn off their house.
This after the Hurricane and two more major storms since last Fall.
We just got a blast then calm.

Welcome Flip!

Ric
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2009
2:22 AM

Post #6214010

Thanks Ric...love this thread. You sure have had your share of bad weather. Bet you will be glad when spring comes. We are suppose to get record cold temps tonight.
Nick1
Plainfield, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2009
2:42 AM

Post #6214101

Like a lion here in central NJ... Mid 20s as the high today, down to 10 F tonight. Between 6 and 12" snow in the region.
Nick
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2009
3:48 AM

Post #6214363

I just found out today that my grandma who lives 15 mins from me, got over 8 inches of snow the other day. We got about 6 here at the house.

This was taken when it was still snowing on Sat morning. You can't tell where the road, driveway or yard is.

Thumbnail by pepper23

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 3, 2009
5:01 AM

Post #6214664

Hey Pepper, I'm from MN, I can make out the road & driveway. Lots of practice!

Only down to 15 tonight with clear sky.
Winter must be giving up or went south for spring break.

Bernie
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2009
5:08 AM

Post #6214693

It popped in here briefly, Bernie, and then headed northeast to Ric and Pepper. The counties just to the north of us hit freezing or below last night. We only got down to about 38 here in town. It's going to be in the lower 40s tonight, back up into the 60s tomorrow, and in the 80s by Thursday.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53pm CST (13 min ago)
Temperature 49 F 9 C
Dew Point 36 F 2 C
Humidity 61%
Pressure 30.29 in 1025.9 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir S 190
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km

Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53pm CST : 57.9F / 14.4C

Rest of tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.
Tuesday Partly cloudy early in the morning then becoming mostly sunny in the late morning and early afternoon then becoming partly cloudy late in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2009
6:39 AM

Post #6214877

We have high winds here tonight and tomorrow. Gusts up to 80mph. Rain is coming later tomorrow and another storm after that on Wed.

Sharon, that is a male Robin. We've had ton of them in the yard the last few days.

Everybody keep your heads down and look for me in Kansas if this keeps up!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 3, 2009
8:52 AM

Post #6214999

Celia, that is so cute!
Sharon, I didn't know Pea has a BF!LOL they are so sweet ! Your clouds are amasing! How are you doing with the new house?
Flip, welcome on DG and the weather forum! Peaches is so beautiful, keep those pics coming!
Ric, I hope those winds have just blown away the freeze and brought up the spring to your place!
Pepper,take care with the bad weather! Nice picture!
Kiska, poor moose, I hope spring comes and they have fresh grass to eat.
It's warming up here too, but they forecasted rain until Sunday...grrr!
Here's a sunrise from the other day.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2009
10:17 AM

Post #6215064

Mornin'! March has come in like a Lion here, too. We didn't get hardly any snow, even tho it snowed all day Sunday. My DS, who lives 35 miles east of me got 5" & folks that live up on Peters Mountain got 7". We may have had an inch w/ 1/4" of ice underneath. At the moment it is super cold @ 9 & a wind chill of 0. Way too cold for this time of year!
At Dublin...
Fair: 12F
Feels like: 1F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 3
Humidity: 63%
Wind: 8 mph NW
Sunrise: 6:52 AM
Sunset: 6:18 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Love every body's pics!
Kelli! I agree w/ Marsue...Love the sparaxis! Are all of those growing wild!? Neat-O! Thanks for the new thread, even tho I haven't been able to visit much.
Kiska, I see winter is still there...how much longer do you think it will last? How is the volcano doing? I hope that has decided to 'cool' down & behave itself. Love the park! And those do look like Birch.
Mau, Congrats on the laptop! Do you have a house to move into that is really close to you daughters?
Sharon! Pea is sooooo cute! Love the pic of her & her BFF!
Dyson, I heard on the news that Charlotte got 7" of snow! Something they aren't even used to... Take care & hope things are better for the commute this morning! I also heard that folks in places in eastern VA got 14"!
FlipFlops, Glad that you can join us here! And glad that you got some snow so Peaches can play! :D Love Goldens!
Nick1, Welcome as well! How much snow did you finally end up getting?
Marylyn! What a neat cake! LOL And just look at those Lips! :D I can see (or imagine) salesmen (or persons) w/ blue lips & teeth! LOL Thanks for the 'Image'! :D There used to be a gum that left you teeth, tongue, & lips blue...yep, sort of a prankster at heart. :D
Celia! Look at the Robin...We have had them here for about a week...love to see them show up! :D
Se_eds, Glad the brunt of the storm missed you.
Pepper! What a great shot of your yard/driveway! I can make out a little of the road...

Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2009
11:01 AM

Post #6215110

Welcome Nick! Did you get the record cold?
Pepper At least your birds are well fed in all that snow! Is that a Cedar to the left? I like your deck!
Celia Thanks for the ID! I havent seen Robins around here for a while. Are we in Kansas yet? LOL!
Adina Just add water to your sunrise and youll have one of marina sunrises!
Joey Keeping you in my thoughts for your test! Nice snow pic!

36.7 F
Clear
Windchill: 34 F
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 20 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the WNW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.24 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)

Freeze warning in effect until 9 am EST this morning...
Freeze warning in effect from 2 am to 8 am EST Wednesday...

Today
Mostly sunny and breezy. High 52. North winds 15 mph.

I refuse to complain about the cold. We'll be hot for 8 -9 months LOL! Pea gets really excited when I tell her we're going to see Lulu Belle. She runs to get her toys, puts them in her carrier then plops her little hiney down and waits for me to zip it up. If I don't move fast enough she's comes to get me. She's so darn cute LOL! Pea had her final vaccine yesterday - rabies. She got a little sick, upset tummy and not as bouncy as normal. She started feeling better at bed-time (of course).

Justin loves "noodle-roni" as he calls her LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2009
11:08 AM

Post #6215115

10 here currently and we have absolutely no snow cover.
Not good for the emerging bulbs and perennials.

Upper 30's today then 50's and 60's for the next 9 days out.
Hopefully we've turned the corner!

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2009
3:29 PM

Post #6215888

Sharon, that is a cedar tree on the left. It's huge and the birds and my cats all love it. The deck is also popular with brids and every animal in the neighborhood. I have no idea why. LOL!!

It's still cold and cloudy. No wind that I can tell. Thursday can't get here fast enough. 70 degrees!!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2009
4:51 PM

Post #6216227

The winds have finally dies down for now and I'm still here! LOL It seems to be picking up a little again, though. 20% chance of rain this afternoon and tonight.

SweetPea keeps getting cuter! Isis gets a little down and fevery with rabies shots, too. Monty couldn't care less. When is moving day or did I miss it?

Adina, beauty of a sunset, as always.

Joey, you're right. It isn't supposed to be that cold!

Mau, did you get that laptop?

Welcome, Nick! Somehow, I missed your post before.

56F with 65!!! for the high today.
Feels like: 56F

Barometer: 29.8 in ↓
Dewpoint: 32
Humidity: 40%
Wind: 17 mph SSE
Sunrise: 6:58 AM
Sunset: 6:20 PM

The Hellebores are starting to open. Here are the green ones.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #6216231

And the wine-colored one.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2009
5:04 PM

Post #6216276

In like a lion for me. 25* and miserable cold here today!

Kelli, love the tulip for an opener. Nice to see the other blooms too!

Welcome Flipflops! Peaches is beautiful!

Adina, what a nice little Martisor. I appreciate the wish for good luck and health. May it be so for you too!

Marylyn, I love the cake!!Congratulations to Daughter and Dad!! LOL! Love the blue lips :o) I think I would send the paste and brushes!

Dyson, that was tough luck.

Pepper, I'm glad I didn't get your weather!

Kwanjin, nice helabores!

Sorry I didn't catch everyone. Nice pictures tho!!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2009
5:34 PM

Post #6216383

Hi everyone: Still really cold here but a beautiful sunny sky!

Currently: 23 degrees/feels like 23 degrees
Barometer: 30:37 in. and steady
Humidity: 47%
Dewpoint: 8
Wind: NNW 14 MPH
Sunrise: 6:34 AM
Sunset: 6:02 PM

Each day this week will be getting a little warmer (yea!!) All I do when it's cold is cook!! Have tried out about 5 new recipes this week...brownies, chicken & spaghetti, cheese biscuits, soups etc. I need to get out and walk!!! Don't walk outside until it's at least 60 degrees LOL Can't help it...this southern gal does not like the cold. Peaches went back outside this morning and ate the snow!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2009
5:38 PM

Post #6216401

LOL Eating the snow...I've been trying new recipes, too. Tuscan Pot Roast, Herbed Salmon and Fish Soup. Yum.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2009
6:36 PM

Post #6216578

LOL, I went back to tradition, beef stew, meatloaf, bean soup.

28* cloudy, breezy, and cold. I don't think it's going to change.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2009
6:48 PM

Post #6216621

Gosh...all those dishes sound yummy...I can almost smell them. I'm so tired of cooking, if my DH and son doesn't want leftovers tonight...then it's hotdogs!! LOL Suppose to drop back down to 17* tonight which is way below the norm.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2009
7:33 PM

Post #6216769

Reading about all this food has made me really hungry! LOL

The wind has picked up again. The sun is shining and we now have our predicted 65. The cats are outside and refusing to come in. LOL
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 3, 2009
8:09 PM

Post #6216898

Just checking in on the peeps real quick. I have an infected tooth and am tired all of the time from fighting the infection. I'll probably have to have a root canal. Gotta get that taken care of before wildflower season gets into full swing.

Joey, the flowers are all in my yard. They probably could survive in the wild in place with a little more rain. The tulips are from last year.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PST on March 03, 2009
64 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 44 F
Wind: 6 mph from the West
Pressure: 30.08 in (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 5000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I was going to post a picture but the computer is running virus scan and is so slow. I don't know why it can't do virus scan when the computer is idle.

This message was edited Mar 3, 2009 12:21 PM
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2009
8:18 PM

Post #6216952

Hi, everyone. All that talk about food makes me hungry, too! LOL Yes, I got my new laptop yesterday and it is set up and running, except I have turned it off so I can pack it up and take it with me to my daughter's house tomorrow. I am writing to you on the "old dinosaur"--LOL I still have to transfer some programs from the old computer to the laptop but I will do that in a couple of weeks when I get back home.
Celia or whoever it was that asked--I am moving very close to my daughter--like moving in with them! LOL They have a house with almost a full basement that has access to the outside so I will have my own quarters downstairs and yet still just be a "holler" away--LOL. Of course, I have to sell my house in Cabot first --sure hope that takes place before mowing season begins. That robin must have been the "early bird"--you know: the early bird gets the worm!!!
Flipflops: Peaches is a peach!

Our snow is gone, thank goodness, and we are heading toward the 70's later in the week! I can use some of that warm weather!

Currently 40 and overcast but the sun is trying to peek through. The wind is not blowing which makes it feel warmer than 40. :o))

Here is a link which a friend sent to me. It is truly beautiful--turn up your sound and make sure you see it all the way through to the end.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Life/index.htm

Sharon: Pea has too many names--how will we keep up with them all???
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2009
8:20 PM

Post #6216956

Kelli: we crossed--so sorry about your infected tooth. Hope you get it taken care of real soon!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 3, 2009
10:34 PM

Post #6217554

Thanks Marsue. I'll be all right eventually. The big worry now is who has moved into one of the houses behind us. The house is rented. The last people who lived there were fabulous. You hardly knew anyone was there. The people before that where awful. Indications where that they were criminals, and that was one of their better points.

monarch caterpillars from a few days ago

Thumbnail by Kelli

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2009
12:15 AM

Post #6217921

Cold, cloudy and Dyson Dim.

I have a job interview tomorrow at my local grocery store!! Yeah!!!!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 4, 2009
12:20 AM

Post #6217945

Yeah!!! We're all rooting for you!

lupines

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #6218016

12*F Snowing Sunset will be 6:27 but will be unseen through the low clouds.
Welcome, Nick.
Music2Keep~winter will go on for several weeks. But, there's lots of winter activies yet to come, so it's just the way it is. Iditarod starts soon, the ice sculpture festival in Fairbanks is also held in March. We went last year and it was fantasitic; but below zero and my camera froze; so it was a memorable trip.
The volcano continues at code Orange; very active but no eruption.
Sorry to be so short; errands call.
Mt. Rainer; near my daughter's home in Washington state. Taken last week while we were down there.

Thumbnail by kiska

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2009
1:18 AM

Post #6218214

Kelli: Never heard of lupines before. They are so pretty. I'm going to look them up. I am learning so much here at DG and really enjoy hearing what everyone has to say. I hope you will soon be feeling better with your infected tooth. Love your pics.
Pepper: Hope your job interview goes well.
Kiska: Beautiful pic of Mt. Rainer. I have never been there. It's all very flat here where I live in tidewater, but the tidal creeks are very nice for kayaking, which I love to do for relaxation in the good ole summertime.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 4, 2009
1:37 AM

Post #6218282

FlipFlops, there are dozens of species of lupines native to the west but there must not be any or very few native to the east. I never heard of them when I lived in PA. Probably the most famous lupines are Texas bluebonnets. Mine are called foothill lupines http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1906/ and are the only native plant to come up on its own in my yard. (There are at least 14 species of lupines in the wild in my area.) I tried to get them spread around to other areas of the yard but they only seem to want to grow in the strip between the sidewalk and the street.

This picture is from last year. These are called stinging lupines because they have hairs on them that will sting you like nettles. They are particularly numerous after a fire.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 4, 2009
1:43 AM

Post #6218311

This in another picture from last year. I don't know which species of lupine these are. This is is in the desert north of me.

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2009
10:52 AM

Post #6219483

Celia move day is technically 4/1, but it could be sooner if were lucky. Send me that Tuscan pot roast recipe.
Kelli I hope you feel better soon. Ack a root canal. Its better to just get it over with.
Good luck with the new neighbors! Pretty monarchs!
Pepper Good luck at the interview!
Kiska- I remember the ice festival. Its an amazing talent. Beautiful picture!
Kelli No thank you to the stinging lupines LOL!

You guys are killing me with all this talk of food LOL! It's too early to eat. Ive tried some new recipes too this season.

42.4 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 42 F
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 25 F
Wind: 3.2 mph
Wind Gust: 4.4 mph
Pressure: 30.39 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Freeze warning in effect until 8 am this morning... (frost on the windshields this morning)

Today
Partly cloudy. High 56. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chills 22 to 27 in the morning.

Peanut and Callie

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #6219804

I tend to feel slightly guilty about posting my weather at this time of the year... A lot of you are still very cold, and we won't be surprised if we hit 80 today. By the time Bernie's spring weather starts, we will be in our summer cycle (translation: hot and humid with a 20% chance of rain).

Your photos are beautiful, Kelli! I'm praying for your tooth and for your neighbors.

Pepper, I hope the job interview went very well. :-)

Kiska, that photo of Mt. Ranier is gorgeous!!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 5:53am CST (118 min ago)
Temperature 57 F 14 C
Dew Point 52 F 11 C
Humidity 83%
Pressure 30.20 in 1022.6 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir ESE 120
Ceiling 4200 ft 1280 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 53.1F / 11.7C
6 hour max temperature ending 5:53am CST : 57.0F / 13.9C

Today Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows around 60. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2009
2:36 PM

Post #6219954

Sharon, you got it! Fingers crossed for an earlier date.

Great pics, everyone.

Kelli, ditto to what Marylyn said.

53F with 63 for the high. It got to 69 yesterday. It was awesome! We still have a Wind Advisory out until tonight.
Feels like: 53F

Barometer: 29.6 in ↓
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 21%
Wind: 24 mph S
Sunrise: 6:57 AM
Sunset: 6:22 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #6220393

Pepper: good luck on the job interview!
Kelli: Those lupines look a lot like some wildflowers we have here, especially those in the last photo--probably in the same family. Hope the tooth is better!
Sharon: Callie is certainly relaxed--has she been taking lessons from Monty? Pea isn't quite sure. Hope you get to move before the 1st!
Celia: I think Monty is definitely the monarch around your house but I promise not to tell Isis! LOL
Kiska: lovely photo of Mt. Ranier. I remember the ice sculptures from last year.
Marylyn we are warming up today, too, but not up to 80 like you. :o))--currently 44F--up in the 70's by tomorrow!!

I may not be going to my daughter's today after all. Her husband has been in the VA hospital in Fayetteville, AR since Monday and "they" are talking about putting in a pacemmaker/defibrillator(her husband is just two years younger than I am--20 years older than she). If they do that procedure they will send him to the VA hospital in Little Rock and she will be staying with me at night. I'm waiting for her to call and let me know what is going on.

I think Monty has been giving relaxation lessons to a lot of our furry friends. Here's Friday relaxing a few days ago.

Thumbnail by marsue

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6220630

ROTFLOL
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2009
6:38 PM

Post #6221028

9*F. Sunrise was on paper only~very gray and cloudy. Sunrise: 7:49 Sunset: 6:30. Gain of 5m50seconds.
Just lost the wordy response; has something to do with this laptop, not me:))
The furry friends are really on the leading edge of relaxation, arent' they? Very cute.
MarylynT_X~just thinking of summer now seems so unusual. I have some morning glory seeds to start in a few weeks; thanks to M2Keep, so really look forward to that.
We don't plan to go up to Fairbanjks this year for the ice sculpture festive; but sure enjoyed it last year.
marsue~sounds as if the new home will be very nice; glad you can be there with them.
kelli~get well soon. The lupine looks so pretty; does it spread easily?
FlipFlop~that sounds nice; my daughter/family enjoy kayaking, too.
7 year old gdaughter loves to cook. The apron is one I'd made a long time ago; she loves it.

Thumbnail by kiska

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2009
7:41 PM

Post #6221232

Kiska: My granddaughter loves to cook too. The apron she is wearing is her favorite and I could not get it off of her during the holidays. We went to Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah and got her another apron that says "Southern Cook in Training" LOL Temps have risen to a balmy 39* today!! Very sunny and brilliant blue sky. Suspose to be 70* by Sat. Now they're talking!!! My kind of weather finally.
Kelli: Thanks for the info on lupines. Guess you are right about not seeing them on the eastern seaboard. I have heard of Texas Bluebonnets though.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2009
7:43 PM

Post #6221242

FF, I love that apron, too. The part I like best is the pockets.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2009
7:48 PM

Post #6221259

Kwanjin & Marsue: After seeing the pics of relaxing pets, I had to send you one of my "grandkitty" Moe.
Marsue: Hope everything turns out okay for your daughter's husband.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2009
8:03 PM

Post #6221308

FF, thanks for pointing that out! Yikes!

Mau, I missed that somehow. I'm sorry. I hope all is well, too.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 4, 2009
8:35 PM

Post #6221423

45 here!
Snow is actually turning to water.
They say 50 tomorrow.
Sun is shining, too.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 4, 2009
9:33 PM

Post #6221585

Bernie, you have your shorts on yet? LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2009
10:16 PM

Post #6221736

Cute granddaughters, Kiska and FF. "Cooks in training"--very good! They both look as if they are enjoying themselves.
Cute grandkitty, too, FF. The black spots look like patches covering the eyes. LOL
Yeah, Bernie--do you have your shorts on yet? You must feel as if you are having a real heat wave! LOL
Pepper--how was the job interview?

Thanks for asking about my daughter's husband. Instead of worrying about the pacemaker right now they are going to do an angiogram tomorrow to see if there is any blockage. He had bypass surgery about 14 years ago but those things usually last only about 10 years. He has been fortunate that his has lasted this long. If they find any blockages or "plaqueing" they can immediately put in a stint. I have known others who have had stints and they can usually go home the same day. I'll keep y'all posted on his progress.

Currently 59F and cloudy and a little windy. Tomorrow should be a wonderful spring-like day! I'm ready for it!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2009
10:55 PM

Post #6221956

Sending Good Vibes your way, Mau!

Look how cute Moe is!!!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 4, 2009
11:43 PM

Post #6222172

Thank you for your concern and prayers. I go to the endodontist tomorrow and he will evaluate to see if I need a root canal but won't do the procedure tomorrow. (I hate all of the rigamarole, but my regular dentist doesn't do root canals.) I am not in much pain. The worst thing is the being tired from fighting the infection. I've had a root canal before, so this is nothing new. I just hope I don't pass out like I did the other time. The procedure was not painful at all, but I was thinking too much about what exactly was going on and grossed myself out. Maybe the dr will let me listen to my iPod so that my mind can be on something else. I am the most squeemish person you have ever seen.

Anyway, we've had 0.4 in of rain so far today.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on March 04, 2009
58 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 46 F
Wind: 13 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 18 mph
Pressure: 30.02 in (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 5500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Marsue, I hope your son in law will be o.k. As for your plant that looks something like lupine, there is a good chance that it is in the same family. Lupines are in the pea family and there are scads of things in the pea family.

jasmine (not in the pea family)

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2009
11:57 PM

Post #6222235

Pepper How did the interview go?
Marylyn We always say partly cloudy/chance of rain/humidity 100%!
Celia Monty toes! How is the big boy doing?
Mau Yeah, Peanut kept looking at me like shes saying (in Penelope Cruzs accent) are you sure? LOL! How is your SIL? Well be praying for everyone. LOL at Friday! Does he snore loudly?
Kiska- Cute pic of your GD! Love the apron!
FF The pockets/mittens are too cute on your GDs apron! Both young ladies are adorable! Precious Moe - how old is he?
Bernie You got your balmy!
Kelli Youre cracking me up! Good luck tomorrow and dont think about it too much LOL! Gorgeous jasmine!

49.5 F
Clear
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 34 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the SE
Pressure: 30.39 in (Steady)

Frost advisory in effect from 1 am to 9 am EST Thursday...

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Areas of frost after midnight. Low 38. East winds 5 to 10 mph becoming light late.

Sylvester

Thumbnail by MySharona

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
12:03 AM

Post #6222271

Monty snores! LOL Monty is doing just fine. He's in his basket next to me making all kinds of funky sounds. Sylvester says..."Were you speaking to me, Madam?", in James Earl Jones' voice.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2009
12:18 AM

Post #6222349

Dyson Dim and nice and warm. Will be even warmer tomorrow.

The interview went well I think. If I get hired I will start out part time and I will probably be taking care of the greenhouse and plants or be a stocker since those are what I want. I actually didn't think of greenhouse work til he saw where I used to work and he got all excited it seemed. LOL. I don't know if I will get on or not but I'm kinda hoping I do.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
1:04 AM

Post #6222587

Dark & Cold Doesn't anyone out there know some kind of native American dance or chant or chant & dance to hurry spring being sprung?

I know - fairly silly. But that is what happens when I get this tired.

Care to all.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 5, 2009
1:05 AM

Post #6222588

I told DH that I had to take a picture of the rainbow for my peeps.

Thumbnail by Kelli

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
1:24 AM

Post #6222682

I'm tired of Spring not Sproinging, too! Let's do that dance, everyone!!! LOL

Spring, Spring, Spring
Watch us all dance and sing
Sing and dance, all romance
Sproinging Spring
All DANCE!!!

Repeat as needed.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2009
2:12 AM

Post #6222890

19F this evening after another day of sunshine and somewhat warmer temps. We had 4F yesterday morning and 7F this morning so I figure today was almost twice as warm as yesterday. It looks like we've turned the corner here. Temps around 50F are expected for the next 4 days and thee are no teens or twenties in the 10 day forecast.

Kelli...Nice rainbow!

marsue...I hope all goes well for your SIL.

Marylyn...That's quite a cake. The little bunny will remember that forever.

ric...No snow here either and the ground has really been frozen. Tough on the plants but should do wonders for the mosquito population this summer.

Photo: rural winter scene taken on the way home this evening.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Mar 4, 2009 9:15 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2009
2:13 AM

Post #6222893

LOLOL, Celia! Now that's a spring dance!!! Dyson should be satisfied with that sure enough!! Are you all aware that we turn our clocks forward on Saturday night? That's a sure sign of spring!
Gorgeous rainbow, Kelli! yes, listen to music instead of grossing yourself out thinking about a root canal! LOL
We are pulling for you to get that job, pepper!
Ahhh, Sylvester is soooo regal.
Friday does snore sometimes, too, but not very often.

Currently 52, cloudy and Dyson dark.

Have a good evening, everyone.

P.S. I have never adjusted to calling my daughter's husband "my SIL" because he is just two years younger than I. I just call him by his name or refer to him as "my daughter's husband". Buddy, my DH, was four years younger than I and we used to joke that my husband was younger than my daughter's husband! LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2009
2:15 AM

Post #6222900

we crossed, EB. That's a great photo--as usual!

Thank you all for asking about "my daughter's husband". I will let you know something when I know something.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
3:05 AM

Post #6223135

I set your pic as my background, Kelli.

"I'm one of Kelli's peeps, and I approve of this picture."
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
3:15 AM

Post #6223181

Quoting:"I'm one of Kelli's peeps, and I approve of this picture."

Me, too!!! LOLOL
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2009
3:18 AM

Post #6223193

LOL!!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 5, 2009
4:13 AM

Post #6223431

35.6 Yes, yes, yes!
Warmer tomorrow, good bye snow!

We even let the hens outside today. Worked in the shop all day. Need to go for supplies tomorrow sometime. Probably late in afternoon. That way I can get a bunch of work done first.

Minnesota Gophers basketball team beat Wisconsin tonight. That's both games this year. First time since who knows when.
Former Kentucky coach Tubby Smith came here beginning of 2007-2008 season. Said he was tired of winning there & not being acknowledged for it. Here everybody cheers him even when losing.
He is a great recruiter & has 5 great first year guys this year & 4 more coming next year.
We could finish very high in the Big 10 conference next year.
Tubbys wife absolutely loves Minneapolis. She says it's the first collage town that they have lived in that things to do, like Mall of America, many theaters & museums & so on.

Minnesota always has had Pro athletes stay in the Twin Cities after they playing days are over. Many have great jobs with large corporations.

Any of the rest of you follow certain collage teams ?

Bernie
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 5, 2009
5:03 AM

Post #6223585

I can't say I really follow any college teams but I kind of like the Twins, as far as American League Central goes.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
6:16 AM

Post #6223706

I grew up in Big Ten states (Illinois, Wisconsin, and Ohio), and I still vote for them - more or less in that order of preference, but I vote for any Big Ten teams over teams of any other conference. The "March Madness" college basketball tournament is absolutely my favorite sporting event of the year! My siblings and I pick the teams we think we will win every year... We terrible at it, so it's a good thing none of us gamble! LOL We picked games for the college football bowls, too, and this year, just for fun, I also had my 2 bunnies pick teams. ("Katie, do you want Iowa or South Carolina?" "Souf Caroyina!") Katie, the 5 year old, tied for first place with my brother (19 out of 33 games correct.) Joy came in second with 18 games correct! So if you do this kind of thing for money, don't ask any of us for opinions. LOLOL

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
11:01 AM

Post #6223910

Daylight Savings Time on Sunday Spring forward!
Pepper Were pulling for you!
Dyson I only know rain dances that dont work very well or too well! Spring is coming!
Kelli Thank you for the rainbow peep pic! Congrats on the rain!
Celia I want to see you do that dance first!
E_B Beautiful scene! I agree about the bug population. Should be lower this year.
Bernie Glad your temps got to a comfortable range! I dont follow sports too much.

49.1 F
Clear
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 39 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. High 63. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Speaks for itself!

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 5, 2009
12:05 PM

Post #6224003

My thermometer is either broke or temp never changed. Still 35.6 this morning. TV guy gives same temp.
Have a Great Day!
Bernie

Is this only 60 days away ?

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2009
12:59 PM

Post #6224131

I'm hopelessly behind again so I'll just check in quickly with the weather.

We're back to snow and frost now, have been for a few days. it's Clear, sunny, fairly calm and a high around 23F. Last nights low was 12F. No signs of spring here yet ...

Marsue - hope your daughter's husband will be OK!

Kelli - hope you're feeling better soon!

Cute pets!

FlipFlops - welcome. Peach is a cutie and so is your GD! :-)

Have a good day everyone!

This photo was taken in early Feb during our last frosty/sunny/snowy spell ... looks similar today. This is in the Botanical Garden in Reykjavik.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2009
12:59 PM

Post #6224135

Here's another one, same place, same day

Thumbnail by rannveig

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
1:12 PM

Post #6224174

Morning everyone!!

Current temp: 29 degrees
Feels like: 29 degrees
Barometer: 30:48 in. & rising
Humidity: 81%
Dewpoint: 25*
Wind: S 5 MPH
Sunrise: 6:31 AM
Sunset: 6:04 PM

Kwanjin: I think the spring dance is working (although you do not want to see me try to dance) LOL The next few days the temps are climbing to as follows: Fri. 67, Sat. 71, Sun. 74 and Mon. 71. I sure hope we have had our last really cold spell. It's not calling for any more temps. below freezing.
Pepper: I have my fingers and toes crossed for you to hear something good about your job interview.
MySharon: Moe is 7 months old and the sweetest grandkitty. He didn't think much of Peaches at first (spent the first two days under the bed) but they became real buddies. Peaches looked at him like (what's your problem?) lol
Kelli: Love the rainbow pic.
Can you believe my front yard will look like this in about 6 weeks??? The trees are really beginning to bud out. Saw a tulip tree just about open a couple of days ago! I think we are turning the corner, and I will be so happy when we are back on DST. Plus, "Dancing with the Stars" comes back on next week!

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
1:15 PM

Post #6224182

Here's another pic.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2009
4:35 PM

Post #6224910

Quoting:"I'm one of Kelli's peeps, and I approve of this picture."

Yep, me too! LOLOL
Kelli, you might need to explain to FlipFlops about the "peeps".
Bernie, even though I am down here in "razorback country", I don't follow the hogs or do the "woo pig sooey", thing. About the only sports I watch on TV are ice skating or other winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding, etc(not ice hockey--too violent) About letting the hens out---that must be a sure sign of spring--as is Daylight Savings Time. We can all take heart--spring is almost here!
Sharon: Pea and Prissy are definitely begging for whatever Jeff is eating!
Wow, what a contrast between Rann's photos and FlipFlops. Sorry, Rann, but I'd rather be in the middle of FlipFlops photos! LOL

No news on my daughter's husband. He's supposed to have an angiogram today but I haven't heard anything from her yet.

Heading for a high of 70F today but it is too windy to make it pleasant to be outside. March is definitely still coming in like a lion!

My Christmas cactus is confused--blooming more now than it did in December.

Thumbnail by marsue

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2009
4:55 PM

Post #6225021

Should be in the 6os now and will be close to 80 by 5pm. Veery windy though and I can hear the siding popping and the trees hitting the house too.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
5:13 PM

Post #6225101

Keep your head down, Pep! LOL You have all the winds we just had.

FF, is that a dogwood? I am so jealous!

Our rain turned to snow last night and we woke to almost 3" of the stuff. It's melting quickly, though.
34F with 45 for our high.
Feels like: 27F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 27
Humidity: 74%
Precip in last hr: 0 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.31 in (This part lies.)
Wind: 8 mph SSE
Sunrise: 6:55 AM
Sunset: 6:23 PM
UV Index: 4 Moderate

These opened yesterday.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2009
5:55 PM

Post #6225280

marsue - Christmas Cactus and Orchid blooms - beautiful. Sunny and bright outside right now - temps in the mid forties, no wind and very comfortable. The outdoors is calling...
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
6:02 PM

Post #6225306

Kwanjin: Yes those are dogwoods. They grow wild in our neck of the woods and we planted these when they were just sticks. The wild dogwoods seem to be more disease resistant than the ones brought at the nurseries. It is our state tree. When you drive through the Colonial Parkway (near Williamsburg) in the spring, it is absolutely beautiful with all the dogwoods in bloom and you follow the James and York River until you arrive at Yorktown.
Kelli: Yes, explain to me about the "peeps". I haven't a clue. Like I said, I'm new to DG and all these threads. I had to be shown earlier how to image pics. Now I have the hang of that as you can tell LOL

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 5, 2009
6:08 PM

Post #6225323

Guys, I'm way behind, but I loved all your pics and read all the posts! We have a rainstorm, the wind blows hard , but it's not too cold, about 50.
Kelli, you have such wonderful surroundings! The pics are great, so great to see so many blooms while here is so grey! I hope your tooth doesn't hurt anymore.
Sharon, those girls are too cute! You're right about the sunrise!How's the move in going? Have you started to pack yet?
Celia, Monty is a cutie, so beautiful!
Kiska, what a beautiful grandaughter!And cooks too!
Flip, wonderful pictures! What a great family and a beautiful kitty!
Rann, still snow?! How are the girls?
E_B, your lake is amasing!
Joey, glad to see you posting! How is JW?
Mau, I'm praying for your DD's DH to get well soon. Friday is to cute! I have one with Buck sleeping like this too!LOL
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
6:24 PM

Post #6225386

Sorry, Sharon. This peep has changed her 'puter wallpaper to this one!
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
6:58 PM

Post #6225498

That is a hilarious photo of Buck, Adina!! :-)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2009
8:14 PM

Post #6225760

Still windy and pretty hot out there. Now I just need one of you men to come down here and knock some sense into my PITA truck. It has been making weird noises for 2 days and doing a few other things too but it's not consistent so therefore we can't figure out what's wrong. I'm not happy at the moment. LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2009
8:26 PM

Post #6225827

It certainly is, Adina. Buck is very relaxed! LOL
Yes, se_eds, that was an orchid in the background behind the cactus and even further back are the African violets. At least something around my house is blooming!! :o))
Celia: I am jealous of your green hellebore! Kathy Ann (on another forum) gave me one last year. It hasn't bloomed yet but I am eagerly waiting.

DD's husband is being transported to the VA hospital in Oklahoma City today because they couldn't find an empty bed for him at the VA hospital in Little Rock. No matter, it is about the same distance to either place from where he is now. They will do an angiogram when he gets there and should know more what they are dealing with. That might take place tomorrow or it could even be tonight. As soon as they do whatever they are going to do and he is able to be released to go home, I will be heading up to Harrison, AR where they live. My DD wants me up there--says she will feel better if I am there with them for a few days. I would have driven over to Oklahoma City (about 6 hours from me) but her grown step-daughter is with her so she said for me to stay put until they get back home. As long as I am talking about my DD and SIL(yes, I said it--LOL): Here is our family portrait at Christmas time. My SIL is the man in the middle and my DD is standing right behind him.

Thumbnail by marsue

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
10:09 PM

Post #6226285

Mau, the young man holding the little girl in the green dress looks just like my nephew, Justin.

He's the one on the left.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2009
10:30 PM

Post #6226361

Wow, that's an amazing resemblance! That young man is my DD's step-daughter's husband--his name is Billy. His wife is the one next to him on his left.
My SIL has 3 grown daughters and although my daughter is just a few years older than the oldest one, they all call her "Mom", which seems really wierd. However, their own mother died many years ago so my DD is the only mother they have. My DD's two sons are the young men on either end of the photo. It took a few years but this family has really become "blended" in a wonderful way.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 5, 2009
10:36 PM

Post #6226387

FlipFlops, "peeps" is a slang term for people. I think the word might have come out of rap music, but it's gotten mainstream enough that I know it. When I'm talking to DH about you guys, I refer to you all as "the peeps". Usually it's something like, "I'm going to take a picture of this. The peeps will like it."

Kiska, or maybe it was Joey, someone asked earlier if my lupines spread a lot. They spread if they want to spread. If they're in a place they like, they'll spread. Otherwise, not one plant will come up.

Adina, when I saw your picture, I couldn't tell from the thumbnail that it was a dog and I was thinking, "What kind of strange succulent is that?"

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on March 05, 2009
57 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 40 F
Wind: 5 mph from the South
Pressure: 30.07 in (Falling)
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4400 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I went to the endodontist today for what they call the consultation. He says that yes, I need to have a root canal done. He doesn't think that the bad tooth is what is making me feel so tired, but personally, I'm not convinced. The root is near my sinuses, and if the sinuses are in any way involved, it's trouble. If I had lived in classical times, instead of "Achille's heel", the phrase would be "Kelli's sinuses". Since the tooth flared up, that sinus is always kind of swelled up.

wisteria from yesterday - Purple and red are an odd combination. I think they weaken each other.

Thumbnail by Kelli

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2009
10:41 PM

Post #6226417

Dyson Dark, Kiska Kold and now...Kelli Sinus!!!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2009
11:52 PM

Post #6226710

Rann Nice to see you! Beautiful pictures!
Flip your lawn and trees are so pretty!
Mau My Christmas and Thanksgiving cacti are almost dead from the freezes. I dont know if they will come back.
Pepper You still there in those winds?
Adina That is the cutest picture ever of Buck!
Celia and Mau You two should find out if there is a family connection. The resemblance between the 2 young men is amazing.
Kelli I feel for you. Get that root canal done asap. You will feel so much better. I love the red and purple together. I hope they will learn to co-exist.
Celia - LOL!

56.8 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 48 F
Clouds: Few 6000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 47. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
12:02 AM

Post #6226748

Kel: Don't know what's worse, tooth ache or sinus. Neither one is good. Thanks for getting me straight on "peeps" lol I though peeps were those little candy things we get at Easter time. Some people call baby chickens peeps. Where I come from we call baby chickens "biddies" Anyway, I sure am glad I am one of the "peeps"!!! Gosh, sure is nice to have an evening that's not below freezing. Actual temp. at 7:00 PM is 54 degrees WOW!! Time to dig out the flipflops (my namesake) and the capris. Love the wisteria...I have some growing on my fence and it doesn't bloom very much. Still a young plant but it grows like kudzu!!! Between trimming the wisteria and the confederate and star jasmine...it's a full time job. Don't think I will plant either one when I finally sell this house and move to GA. Both are full-time maintenance between May to October or Nov.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
12:06 AM

Post #6226765

A woman after my own heart LOL! Flipflops and Capris! We called them "slaps" in the 70's and 80's due to the slapping sound they made when you took a step!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
12:21 AM

Post #6226821

Sharon: Awesome picture of the sky...looks like the promise of a beautiful day tomorrow. Are those live oak trees off in a distance? I love the live oaks.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 6, 2009
12:25 AM

Post #6226830

marsue, life is a constant challenge. I can see where you can take some solace with support for your DD. Perhaps this will be an opportunity to stretch your beautiful caring heart to encompass not only your grieving for your husband but also the challenges your SIL and your dearly loved daughter faces in the future. God bless youall.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

March 6, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #6226876

marsue - I'd prefer to be in FlipFlop's photo too ;-) lol Still, I can't complain when the sun is shining, it's not that cold outside that you can't be comfortable if you're dressed properly. And the sun's getting so high now that it "almost" feels warm!

Adina - that is such a hilarious photo of Buck! Selma's been home sick all week, nothing serious, but enough to keep her in my bed watching TV all day ... She'll be home tomorrow too. Hildur Eva's doing great, although she was a bit bummed out that the snow came back. She wanted to get her bike out the day before it snowed, she was so disappointed that she hasn't had any interest in taking the sled out and playing in the snow while it's here! lol

One of the top radio staions here decided to focus on positive things this week after all the doom and gloom of the past months ... so they haven't had any bad news on there all week. Seems like a good idea to me, focusing on the positive things in life always makes the day brighter. When I went for my swim today I thought I was truly blessed to be able to enjoy a nice swim, all year round, in 80F water, outside in the sunshine despite the fact that the outside temperture was 23F. It's truly wonderful :-) And the sun's up before 8 am and it gets dark after 7 pm (which throws me off a bit ... I'm used to getting dinner started after dark ;-) lol)

And on that positive note I'll bid you good night :-) It's waaaay past my bedtime.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 6, 2009
1:54 AM

Post #6227208

Thanks for the encouraging words, se_eds!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 6, 2009
2:17 AM

Post #6227304

I'm still here and the winds have died down a bit. That's the good news. The bad news is we think a wheel bearing might be out on my truck and it's parked til we figure out exactly what's wrong and get it fixed. Yesterday it sounded like I was driving on cans. Freaked me out since I was only in a small parking lot. I took it to my brother and he didn't hear anything. Today I was out and about and it started thumping and a few times acted like I hit a big piece of gravel so I pulled over to make sure everything was still on and there was no leaks. So far so good. I made it 2 towns over and off and on the whole way it acted up but quietly. Then I crossed a major highway and it started thumping big time. I pulled over on a gravel road and called my other brother. He said he couldn't come and get me cause he couldn't get off work. Told me to just limp it home. It thumped all the way home. Now it is parked til we get it all figured out.

Here is my new antique pump.

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2009
4:44 AM

Post #6227903

Let us know how that turns out, Pepper. That would scare me. Nice pump! Have you a place for it?

Rann, nice to hear from you. Tell Selma we hope she feels better and gets well fast.

Sharon, we called them thongs. Nowadays, thong means something else. ☺

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 6, 2009
4:48 AM

Post #6227917

I think we called them thongs for a while, then as I got older (but still was a kid), the name turned to flip-flops. I could never wear them. The back of my foot always slid out sideways.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2009
4:51 AM

Post #6227932

Mine did when I was a kid but these days it's my footwear of choice.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
10:59 AM

Post #6228337

Flip Yes, our little island is covered in live oaks. Many are protected.
Rann It would be nice to hear only positive things on the radio or tv. There are times that I turn off the tv due to all the violence and craziness out there. Thats when the XM radio comes in handy LOL! I hope Selma feels better today.
Pepper Good luck with your truck. I hope you get it figured out and repaired quickly. Nice pump! What are your plans for it?

48.7 F
Clear
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 42 F
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. High 70. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

We'll be in the mid 70's the rest of the week. Nice! We've been able to start moving some stuff to the new place. Note to self - need more boxes...

Thumbnail by MySharona

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 6, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #6228808

Sharon, you were up early! This must be our aweeee for today!LOL
Rann, sorry to hear your little Selma is sick. I hope she's feeling better today! I wish I could sympatize with HIldur Eva about the bike, but I never had one nor learned how to ride it...don't laugh!!LOL
Mau, that's such a beautiful family! Do you have any news ?
Kelli, what a view ! I never saw a red wisteria!
I just found this forecast in English for Bucharest :
Today is becoming cloudy with occasional rain late. Low 48F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.
Adina
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 6, 2009
2:44 PM

Post #6228947

Sunny, calm and WARM!!! I have windows open to let in fresh air.

My pump is gonna stay in the driveway til plants start popping up. I don't know what survived winter and what didn't and don't want to put the pump in the garden only to find that I put it on top of a plant. LOL. But first I need to see if I can have it sandblasted or if something else can be done so I can take all the layers of paint off then repaint it again. The paint is already chipping and the woman who owned it said she painted it everytime she moved to match the house. She moved 8 times. LOL. So I don't know how many layers is there for sure but I definitely need to do something to it.

I'll have an update on the truck tonight.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 6, 2009
3:37 PM

Post #6229158

20*F Heavy snowfall has caused several "ditch-diver" accidents this morning, according to the traffic report. It's still dark, but the sky is clear as the stars are twinkling.
Having first coffee, will get back later.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
3:47 PM

Post #6229191

Sharon: Your little pals are so cute. Love the pic. When you move, will you still be at Fernandina Beach??? That's not far from where we plan on retiring if we can ever sell this house. Our retirement home will be in Brunswick GA hopefully some day in the not-so-distance future. Good luck on your move.
Kiska: You poor thing...it sounds so cold!! Peaches would probably love the snow. She's back to her usual antics...digging when left outside and ignored for a little while. lol She could did places for me to plant but she never picks the right spots!!
Hope everyone out there has a great day!! It's beautiful here and will be almost 70 degrees :-)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2009
5:23 PM

Post #6229590

Morning, everyone.

Sharon is staying on the island. I think she said they going about 4 miles or blocks or something. LOL I should let her tell it.

Yea, Pepper and FF!!! I wish it were that warm here.

34F with 43 for our high. Cloudy with a chance of light snow.
Feels like: 31F

Barometer: 29.9 in ↑
Dewpoint: 18
Humidity: 48%
Wind: 3 mph ESE
Sunrise: 6:54 AM
Sunset: 6:24 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

I was cleaning out some boxes and found some fun things. Last year, Darrell and I went on a riverboat on the Willamette River in Oregon. The Capt. let us drive the boat for short trips.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 6, 2009
6:05 PM

Post #6229769

47 Sunny.
Mud & water is the norm now. T'is better than snow.
My Hostas just arrived. So now we can pot them up & get them growing.

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #6229844

kwanjin: Is that Darrell in the pic. Looks like a natural. Also looks like a very pretty place.
So pretty today I hung out all my wash, sheets & etc. They are just flapping in the breeze. Boy what a difference a few days make. Suppose to be in the mid 70's the next four days. Gotta love it!!! Of course March can really tease us here. Lion, lamb, lion then lamb again lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2009
6:28 PM

Post #6229867

That's my guy! A Navy boy from the start. His favorite toy, the 'Vette.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2009
6:30 PM

Post #6229882

Nice toy! Pretty neighborhood!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2009
6:33 PM

Post #6229886

Thanks. We like it.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 6, 2009
10:41 PM

Post #6230747

It was 60 on my backporch this morning at 5:30 a.m. when I took Friday outside. That should tell you what kind of day we had---absolutely perfect, except for a little bit windy!
My SIL's heart doctors (5 of them) put their heads together, examined his records and test results, etc., etc. and decided he didn't need an angiogram. :o)) So they sent him home and have scheduled a pacemaker/defibrillator for next Wed.
Rann: Hope Selma is feeling better by now.
Pepper: nice antique pump. Be sure and let us know what you do with it. Hope your truck isn't "ailing" too badly! I've had windows open today, too. Once the oak trees start putting out pollen, though, there will be no open windows--everything will be yellow!!
Ah, Sharon: the awesome threesome--but aren't we missing somebody? I have some empty boxes in my garage which I could send you but you would have to send them back to me when you get them unpacked. LOL
Bernie: I'm glad you l think that mud and water is better than the snow. Can't say that I like either.
FF: your weather forecast sounds a lot like ours--I'm liking it!!
Celia: There's Cap'n Darrell! Now he needs one of those special caps for sports car owners!

Here's our forecast for tomorrow
Day: Cloudy / Wind
High 77F
Precip 10%
Wind: SSW 20 mph
Max. Humidity: 65%
Sunrise: 6:29 AM CT
Avg. High: 61F
Record High: 82F (1974)
Night: Isolated T-Storms
Overnight Low 62F
Precip 30%
Wind: S 16 mph
Max. Humidity: 75%
Sunset: 6:09 PM CT
Avg. Low: 38F
Record Low: 21F (1967)

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 6, 2009
10:49 PM

Post #6230762

Celia, what is a Navy boy doing in Utah?

Adina, the red in my picture are toyon berries. The wisteria is a regular purple one.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on March 06, 2009
60 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 37 F
Wind: 6 mph from the West
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 6500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

There is a commercial on t.v. for some kind of network company where a guy is driving to a meeting with clients when a truck up ahead spills a load of pipes and this blocks traffic. The guy gets on his laptop and is able to hold the meeting with the clients. The narrator says something like, "Not even pipes can keep you from your peeps."
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 6, 2009
10:51 PM

Post #6230766

LOL, Kelli! I haven't seen that commercial yet. You thought of it first--they should pay you!!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2009
11:19 PM

Post #6230862

Kelli, I said to Darrell, "Kelli in L.A. wants to know..."What's a Navy boy doing in Utah?" He said, "Looking for water."
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 7, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #6231000

There is a Navy base called China Lake out in the desert north of here. I can just imagine someone going into the Navy because they like the sea, and they get sent to China Lake. There isn't even a lake there. (China Lake is a dry lakebed.)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 7, 2009
12:47 AM

Post #6231152

kelli~cruel joke on someone if they were hoping for a lake in "China lake". :)) Wonder how long it's been dry?
kwanjin~Darrell looks at ease and in charge:) Love the car, too.
Today we have had a blizzard, sunshine and temps up to 27*.
marsue~hopefully the pacemaker will make the difference for him.
Two moose hung out before and during the storm~then, after an hour or so, moved on. This is the mom.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 7, 2009
12:49 AM

Post #6231160

I would imagine that China Lake has been dry for 10,000 years or so.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 7, 2009
12:51 AM

Post #6231169

Ohh~~it's been dry awhile:)) Is it near Ridgecrest?
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 7, 2009
12:52 AM

Post #6231172

Yes
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 7, 2009
12:59 AM

Post #6231201

My uncle lives in Ridgecrest and I seem to recall him mentioning a base nearby. I've been to Ridgecrest about 8 years ago; was amazed at the catctus between there and Bishop.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 7, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #6231284

Hi Gang!
Kelli that's a very nice Rainbow picture but what's under it was enough for me.
Those Palms look VERY inviting!

Buck looks VERY nuch the confident sun drenched dog there Adina!

Utah has a very famous ocean... well lake now but originally...lol!

Sorry to be so in and out lately.
I've been dealing w/ some home winter damage issues.
Nothing major.
It seems that last ice storm pulled all the gutters AND underlying boards off the back of the house.
We found that out in the big wind storm we had last night.
I can't remember us ever having this windy of a winter.
A huge oak at least 100 years old fell in the woods I drive by every day.
A massive thing now just fire wood... or some serious planks...

Flip I'm wearing flops right now.
I've been wearing them or sandals for decades.
They are my footwear of choice!

I ramped up my internet connection.
They had a special going on my server.
We're in the 1000 KB download range now.
Amazing how fast that is.
The weird thing is that once I got done doing the deal and bundling different plans it actually saves us 11 dollars a month.
And we got a free 300 dollar phone...lol!

63 here now... 75 tomorrow.

Ric

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2009
1:48 AM

Post #6231438

Hey Ric, don't you just love these temps compared to earlier this week. It is exactly the same temp here that you reported. Sorry to hear about the damage on your house - glad it's not really major. My greatest fear is usually hurricanes. Thank goodness we don't have to start worrying about that until late summer. I can thank hurricane Isabelle and tropical storm Ernesto for a new roof a couple of years ago lol
Kiska: I have never seen a moose. All we have here is deer and a whole lot of them!! That is a great picture. Hope you will get some warmer weather soon.
Pepper: I like the antique pump. When you said antique, I had to laugh because my Aunt Liz & Uncle Jimmy had one of those when we went to visit them in NC when I was a little girl. They even had an outhouse and lots of tobacco barns. Their chickens use to sleep in the trees. Hope you get your truck fixed and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
I'm closing for the evening and looking forward to a delightful spring day tomorrow. The lamb is here right now and the lion has moved on for awhile.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2009
2:55 AM

Post #6231690

We didn't have time to work on my truck tonight and the one brother who came over didn't want to work on it cause he would get dirty again. I called him a Chicken!! LOLOL. But it appears it is the wheel bearing though we will know for sure when we get it apart tomorrow.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2009
3:06 AM

Post #6231729

Too bad you couldn't get it done tonight, then you'd have the weekend for fun!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2009
3:49 AM

Post #6231882

Still gonna have fun. A friend of ours had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago and we are gonna go visit her tomorrow. She's getting a bit depressed cause she's stuck at home and can't work. So we are taking a few Elvis stuff, some flowers and game books to keep her entertained.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2009
4:02 AM

Post #6231936

That sounds like lots of fun. Have a good time!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2009
1:06 PM

Post #6232819

Pepper: What a nice thing to do for your friend. I know that will mean so much to her!

Fair today and currently 54 degrees
High 73 degrees/Low 55%
Barometer: 20:17 in. & rising
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 48*
Wind: WSW @ 8 MPH
Sunrise: 6:28 AM
Sunset: 6:06 PM

Such a beautiful day in front of me. Going to do a few chores and then visit the local garden center in Hampton. They are having their annual Spring show. Should be fun...especially since it's warm...will put me in a spring mood. Hope everyone enjoys this day!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 7, 2009
1:16 PM

Post #6232848

55 and Calm and Sunny!!!!!
Going for 70 ... time to do a little construction and trim back the Hellebores.

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 7, 2009
1:26 PM

Post #6232890

Cloudy

Water puddles are gone. That means frost went out of the ground to let water soak in.
Muddy spots are froze, so no more muddy feet.

Hens are laying like crazy! Hard to get rid of the eggs. We need more people around here that think like people on this site, looking for home raised instead of store bought.
Big stores like to run farmers out of business. Kwik Trip gas stations are selling eggs for 99 a dozen thru end of April. I know very well that will not pay for the feed to keep the hens going. I suppose the machinery to feed the hens, carry away the poop & eggs, egg washing machines & packing items don't cost anything anymore.
Must also get the hens for free when they fill up there mega houses.
Oh, I know what they are making money on, the 50 per bird when they send them away to become soup meat!

Remember all this the next time you are shopping.

Not much going on today. MN Gophers basketball team plays the last regular season game today. They are hosting Michigan. A win will insure them a good spot in upcoming tournament.

Did you see what happened to Florida State ? They were caught cheating on exams to get & keep athletes in school. They are on probation & will lose credit for games won in the offending years. No wonder they could be a big winner year after year!

Tummy is asking for food, so--.
Have a Great Day!
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 7, 2009
2:26 PM

Post #6233196

Yeah the big bucks involved in college sports can have some serious side effects.
Basketball is especially bad... but very few great or even very good players will stay more than 2 years anyway.
NBA bucks are FAR to tempting.
And why not ... the NBA minimum is $442,114.00 for a first year player.
Plus signing bonus... and this is the least you can make.
Coaches in college make millions... IF they win...

I used to be a big college ball fan.
My Grandmother ran a boarding house right across from the University of Dayton fieldhouse.
We went to games all the time... and many NIT tournaments.
In 1967 we went and saw them in the NCAA Final Four.
They demolished North Carolina and then met a little team called UCLA (who beat Houston).
Coach John Wooden and a few average players, Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul-Jabar), Lucius Allen, Mike Warren (now known as the actor Micheal Warren), Lynn Shackelford... LOL!
Let's just say UCLA went undefeated that year.
But man what a team!

Once they opened the rules for more scoring I pretty much stoppped watching college ball.
I was always a defense watcher...

It's up to 61 and I'm off to the yard! BBL!
Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #6233661

My DD Crystal is coming into town this morning for a visit. She's bringing me dirty laundry!!! That's okay, though. We have other stuff to do, too. Flower shopping being on the top of the list!!!

Sunny and cold this morning. Window thermometer says 35 and should get to 41. There is a cold front coming through on Monday that will drop temps considerably.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 7, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #6233695

Ric, you would love the Big Ten conference then. Lots of games with low scores. Defense is No. 1 with most teams. Minn held Illinois to under 40 points in their first meeting this year. The most sot after records are steals & blocked shots.

The game starts in half hour.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 7, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #6233983

The sky got cleared today!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #6234055

What a pretty sky!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

March 7, 2009

Post #6234144

Well, Here I am alive and doing fine...

I just make my cold frame yesterday and the weather is so nice up to 80's...

So, today I just finish my cold frame already just clean the window was so dirty!

Someday, I going make some raise beds in my yard...

As today, It might maybe have T-storm tonight...

This message was edited Mar 7, 2009 12:40 PM

Thumbnail by JuJu55

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 7, 2009

Post #6234145

Up to 6*F after this morning's Zero.
Sunny but getting cloudy.
Have a good weekend.

Thumbnail by kiska

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2009
10:20 PM

Post #6234922

A bit cool but very humid. We are under a T-storm watch today and tonight. Very windy and cloudy.

We went and saw our friend today. Until she showed us her bruises we couldn't even tell she had undergone open heart surgery 2 weeks ago. She is doing great now, though still depressed. She's one of those who can't stand sitting around all day and she hates not working. She's bored out of her mind. LOL. We cheered her and her huddy up for awhile.

The bad news of the day: We got my wheel bearing replaced. The old one literally fell apart but we found the problem in time to keep it from welding on to the truck. So that's fixed but my dad found an anitfreeze leak torwards the back near the transmission. But it appears to be leaking from the motor. So now I have to keep a jug of antifreeze next to me in the truck til we get it fixed. My driving is limited to close to home and only if I need to. Otherwise I could chance burning up my motor.

Thumbnail by pepper23

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2009
11:49 PM

Post #6235260

Pepper: I know your friend was so glad to see y'all. That was probably the best medicine in the world for her. Bet you enjoyed it as much as she did. So sorry to hear about other problems with you truck. We went through some of that with our van late last year and knew we had to have it fixed because my sister was terminally ill, and we would be making a trip to Florida. Everything worked out with the van, but not with my sister. She passed on Dec. 12th. When you get into auto repairs, it can cost an arm & a leg. Just think though...if you don't go far from your house, you'll save alot of money on gas LOL That wasn't very nice was it. Seriously, I hope it's nothing major.
I have on my ff's today & capris. Got up to 78*.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 8, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #6235619

51 and falling tonight after highs of 64 the past 2 days. No work yesterday so I was able to get a lot of winter cleanup done outside. The local Master Gardeners sponsored a "Green Thumb" seminar last evening and all day today with various speakers and topics to choose from. Hopefully I'll remember some of what I learned.

adina...Beautiful skies!

ric...One of the speakers at the seminar today spoke quite a bit about Hellebores. He even brought some of the latest varieties with him. I don't have any but they are definitely on my "gotta get" list.

Rusty...Nice looking frame. I took my old one apart last summer and need to build a new one myself.

Bernie...We get our eggs from a local Amish farmer for a buck a doz. Some people are really scared of brown eggs. Since I'm here in NW Pa. I'm rooting for Pitt in the tournament. They managed to beat UConn again today.

Kiska...Here's a link to a local company that was at the seminar today. They sell a lot of nice nature and gardening shirts and hats. check out the "Advice from a Moose" shirts. the site is here:
http://www.earthsunmoon.com/category.php/24/Advice T Shirts

The Moose shirts are here:
http://www.earthsunmoon.com/item.php/985/1

early_bloomer
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
1:11 AM

Post #6235624

pepper23, anytime you have anything done with your heart it is so depressing. You go along in life ignoriging it. Then allof a sudden the docs want to make it you main focus. This is not reality, This is medical hocus pocus. Live carefully I will not be a medical cripple. I will take my pills ( 6 a day now) and continue to enjouy weeding, cultivating, mulching and fertilizing If they find me face down in the daylily bed, to be it!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 8, 2009
1:29 AM

Post #6235713

She will be the same way once she starts getting better. :~) She's also diabetic so it's kind of a double whammy for her. She can only have 3 grams of sugar and 10 grams of starch a day. They want her arteries to get cleaned out. I'm hoping they will allow more starch in the future but if not she will still do ok. Pretty soon she's gonna be running circles around everyone. lol.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
4:36 AM

Post #6236515

75 and Sunny here today.
One year ago tomorrow we had 12" of snow in 24 hours...

Some of the grasses, Iris and Sedums are cut down.
I'm seeing a few Hellebore buds.

e_b I had a hard time getting started w/ the Hellebores.
But whatever we're doing now seems to be working fine.
Expect to pay a lot for mature ones but seedlings are getting pretty reasonable.
Ours haven't started seeding or are sterile hybrids or I send you some.

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 8, 2009
1:34 PM

Post #6237189

Rusty, nice winter frame. I'm glad you are fine.
Pepper, so sorry for your friend. So nice of you to go and see her. Take care with the truck. Great picture!
Kiska, poor Momma Moose! Any chance of getting warm soon?
E_B, I'm sure you've learned a lot!

Happy Woman's Day, ladies!
Our wather is getting warmer and the sun is shinning. The temps are in the mid 50s.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 8, 2009
1:35 PM

Post #6237190

Adina I get up Mon Fri at 5am to get my run in. Im a morning person so it doesnt bother me in the least.
Rann - How is Hildur Eva? I hope she is better.
Pepper Sorry to hear about the problems with your truck. Stay close to home so you dont get stranded.
Flip We are moving 4 miles South on the Island, just at the border of Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island. Ill be 1 mile from work. I hope you get your house sold so you can move to closer to Paradise!
Celia- Darrell is a natural on the water and in the vette!
Mau Good news on your SIL! Thats great! I doubt well ever get Isaboo in that picture unless I photoshop it! Sylvester will probably join the group though.
Kiska- Love the snow and moose pic! You can barely see her.
Celia - How was your day with Crystal?
Adina Beautiful sky!
Bernie I like to shop at the local farmers market. The food is so much tastier.

61.3 F
Clear
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 53 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the WSW
Wind Gust: 5.6 mph
Pressure: 30.27 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. Patchy fog this morning. High 77. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Peanut's BFF (Lulu Belle) is having her 1st birthday party today. Judy and I are taking them to the park to play. Peanut bought some presents and a card.

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 8, 2009
1:42 PM

Post #6237206

Good Morning.
Big snow this morning, ground is dusted.
Battery is dead on thermometer. Must be about 28.
I fixed the nests for the hens this morning. Put on more resting strips. They were having trouble getting in & out of the nest boxes.

For any of you that know Badseed, Michelle, she had a baby boy early this morning.
Go here for more;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/960436/
Great gal with a great family.
Have a Great Sunday!
Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 8, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #6237246

Pepper - I forgot to say how much I like the Cardinal picture!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
1:57 PM

Post #6237257

It got rain here an hour ago and sure it not enough rain 30%...Then it now sun came out sometime then partly cloud...
I got the another rain barrel kit which I didn't post what I has so I got 2 rain barrel kits now and save some mother nature raining for my plants (save your water bills)...

Thanks for look what I made cold frames...

All of you send pics and sure it nice to see...

Rain Barrel Kit:

This message was edited Mar 8, 2009 8:00 AM

Thumbnail by JuJu55

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
2:05 PM

Post #6237276

Thanks Bernie I was just going to post 'Seeds news.
I wish I'd have known you were down here last year.
Chele and her husband have been friends of ours since before they were married.
Until a few years ago they lived minutes from us.

Pepper we're getting near to needing some major auto work here too.
Good news is we have our own mechanic too.
An old friend of ours who does auto work now full time.
He popped in yesterday to do a tune up and oil change.
NIce to have someone come to you... saves a barrell of time and helps the 'little guy'.
Hey if you have to pay anyway it's nice that 'someone' getting the money is a small business owner.
Next week it's tires and a new steering rack.
(For the record I can do most of the auto stuff I just HATE to do it)

It's still warm here 66 but rain is moving in.
It appears the over-warm temps will be here thru at least Weds.
We're not looking at freezing again until Thursday morning.

Off to HD we need some screws to anchor that gutter we repaired yesterday.
Also some Hardibacker board so Robyn can start laying down the Travertine.
I'm a big Slate fan and am leaning toward it for here in the 'Puter Room.

Ric
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
2:06 PM

Post #6237278

Cool Rusty!
Where did you get the Barrel ?

Ric
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 8, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #6237315

Good morning! The little bunny is sick, so I'm staying home from church with her. She's watching a movie on the couch right now. :-) Charles and the big bunny went to church.

The rain barrel kit looks really neat, Rusty! It hasn't rained enough here, either.

Jeff & Peanut look very happy in that photo, Sharon. :-) How is the move coming along?

I love that moose photo, Kiska!!

Pepper, I sure hope you can get your truck fixed soon. What a blessing to be able to fix these things yourself, though! I hate dealing with repair shops, although we have one here that is very friendly and doesn't treat me like a complete ditz.

Waves and hugs to everyone!!!

I'm going to go snuggle on the couch with the little bunny and watch 3-2-1 Penguins with her.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 8:53am CDT (22 min ago)
Temperature 66 F 19 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 30.07 in 1018.3 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 7 mi 11.3 km
Current Conditions Few Clouds
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 64.9F / 18.3C

Today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Tonight Partly cloudy with isolated showers early in the evening, then partly cloudy in the late evening and overnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent in the evening.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
2:57 PM

Post #6237446

I got this from ReStore (Habitat for Humanity) It hard to find the any size gallon plastic barrel around here and I just heard from newspaper that they doing for something GREEN around here so I just start it early before they start make rain barrel kits for $40...
It have everything is in plastic hose for overflow, screen for cover drain with colandar into hole (window screen stops insects, debris and mosquito larva from entering the barrel.) also it has water facuat bottom of the barrel as you see blue handle is and you have to buy yourself for Flex-a-Spout... Also you can paint with latex paint over latex primer. The new latex spray paint for plastics can also be used, and it has instructions, too...

So, it is so easy to make if I find good barrels with top cover...

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
5:42 PM

Post #6238030

Wow, you guys and gals have certainly been chatty the last two days. It makes it hard to catch up. LOL
Kiska: neat shots of momma moose--Those creatures must be able to live on almost any kind of scrub vegetation!
Pepper: glad you got your truck repaired at least part of it. Be sure to carry that antifreeze with you till you get that leak fixed! I know your friend enjoyed your visit. I had open heart surgery to repair a leaky valve 5 years ago so I can relate to what she is going through.
Se_eds:I like your attitude on heart problems . . .and life in general. :o))
Bernie: I much prefer home-grown brown eggs to those pale things you buy in the grocery stores. If you crack them open side-by-side, you can really tell a huge difference! By the way: 'Chele must surely have a houseful of "chilluns", as we say in the south, --she is to be admired!
FF: so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.
EB: I love the advice on the moose T-shirt--LOL That site has a lot to choose from. Share what you learned from the Master Gardener classes, please, in 25 words or less, of course LOL
Adina: nice sky photo
Rusty: nice rain barrel. Rain water is so much better for our plants than tap water.
Sharon: it looks like Peanut has stolen Jeff's affections--are you jealous? LOL
Ric: sorry about the damage to your house--hope it isn't too extensive.
Celia: hope you and the DD had a fun time shopping yesterday!
Marylyn: sure hope the little bunny feels better soon!
I have had my DGS with me since yesterday morning. We went shopping for some shorts and sandals for him to wear at the beach when we go during spring break (just two weeks away now!). He really is such a sweet little boy(age 8), even if I do say so myself. He's a real pleasure to have around.

Today Scattered T-Storms / Wind
High 76F
Precip 40%
Wind: SW 24 mph
Max. Humidity: 68%
Sunrise: 7:28 AM CT
Avg. High: 62F
Record High: 81F (1974)
Tonight: Showers Late
Overnight Low 56F
Precip 30%
Wind: N 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 64%
Sunset: 7:10 PM CT
Record Low: 13F (1996)

here's my DGS with Friday

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 8, 2009
5:44 PM

Post #6238033

and here is Friday watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Thumbnail by marsue

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 8, 2009
6:53 PM

Post #6238331

Cold, windy and very wet. Cloudy but the sun peeks out occasionally.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2009
7:31 PM

Post #6238482

Crystal just left and I miss her already! Waaaa!!! We went clothes shopping yesterday instead of flower shopping. We both found cute jeans. Hers' are cuter because they have sparkly butterflies on them. I'm jealous. We couldn't find any in my size. Then, she had to have matching Justice League (comic book) t-shirts so I got them for us. They say, "Let's save the world!" on them. Today, we watched TV and shopped for books.

Bright sunshiny day today. 49 and breezy. Tomorrow, we have another wind advisory and it will be getting much colder and be accompanied by snow.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2009
8:34 PM

Post #6238778

ok - get this - Bright Sunny Clear & (drum-roll please) 80 degrees F!

I know that it is going to get cold again - but - I so needed this.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 8, 2009
11:16 PM

Post #6239588

Rusty Nice rain barrel! Im thinking about buying one this year. $40 is a great deal!
Ric travertine is my favorite tile! I cant wait to see pictures!
Marylyn I hope your little one feels better soon, poor baby. Peanut loves everyone, but she LOVES her daddy!
FlipFlops I must have missed the post about your sister. Im so sorry.
Mau Your DGS is adorable! Beverly Hills Chihuahua LOL! Oh no she di ent!
Celia Did you take the vette to go shopping? LOL! So glad you got to spend aome quality time with Crystal!
Dyson You get a big WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo on the temp!

66.2 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 51 F
Wind: 7.5 mph
Wind Gust: 10.3 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Falling)
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 52. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Peanut and Lulu Belle had the Best time today. Peanut got Lulu Belle a red collar with rhinstones, chewy sticks and small tennis balls. We took them to the park at Main Beach and let them have fun playing in the sand and grass, chasing terns, taking toys from each other and eating treats :) Here are our girls

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2009
1:12 AM

Post #6240021

Not sure how long I'll have connection.
A small but violent T-Storm came thru about 1 1/2 hours ago.
Nothing here but our Son's place about 8 miles away was under a Tornado Warning.
It's moved out of the area but
I've tried posting 3 times now and get bounced off so...
the internet connection is spotty at best.
No damage that I'm aware of.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2009
1:14 AM

Post #6240029

Looks like it might have stabilized...

Here's the test run of the tile.
Just layed out to get a feel for the colors.
It's not sealed yet so we sprayed some water on it to show the character.

This message was edited Mar 8, 2009 9:16 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2009
1:19 AM

Post #6240049

Ric, the floor looks good!! Glad the tornado didn't hit you.

Sharon, the babies are soooo cute!!! LOL
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
9:56 AM

Post #6241227

Ric Hope that storm didnt cause any damage. The tile is going to look awesome!
Pepper - Thanks!

56.5 F
Clear
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 46 F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.18 in (Rising)

Today
Mostly sunny. Patchy fog this morning. High 79 coast. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Here is Peanut biting Callie's tail. She'd grab it, Callie would give her the evil eyer, Pea would dance back then hop back to grab it again. It was very cute to watch.

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2009
10:06 AM

Post #6241244

46 (Wind Chill 41) going for 56

We didn't have a Tornado or even a Warning here.
There was a Watch for a few hours.
There was briefly a time when it appeared one could form but the conditions broke up quickly.

Man I HATE Daylight Savings Time! LOL!
Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
11:27 AM

Post #6241357

Me too! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
1:03 PM

Post #6241639

Me, three!!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 9, 2009
1:08 PM

Post #6241664

I love DS time! I was having to get outside by 6:15 to care for my hens. Now I can go out an hour later. They seem to awake by the sun not the clock.
We get a lot more done in the garden because of extra light in the evening, I'm surprised the rest of you don't appreciate that.
All I do in the early dark in winter is become a computer potato! Fat & lazy!
Bernie

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 9, 2009
1:10 PM

Post #6241670

Oh, by the way, 32 foggy & snow storm for tomorrow.
Weather liars are saying maybe not much here, but more farther north.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #6241879

It imterferes with my sleepy time!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #6242036

I have alot of catching up to do to stay up with all of y'all. Had this awful stomach bug and was in bed for a day and a half. Finally ate some crackers this morning. I felt like I had been run over by a truck. Weather here is suppose to be close to 80 today. Then tomorrow back in the 50's (bummer).
Henry: Your tile looks really nice. Wish I had done something like that in our Florida room.
Sharon: Peanut, Lula Belle and Callie are so cute. I love the pictures. Hope you move is going well. You are right...I can't wait until I move to paradise. We love the coast down there. I spend most of my time at Jekyll Island...such a beautiful place and still 65% undeveloped.
Marsue: Love the picture of your DGS with Friday.
Sorry if I left out anyone but a great day to everyone on this thread. I love hearing from each and every one of you.
Oh...as far as daylight savings time...I love it!!! I like to take bike rides after dinner or go kayaking when I can. In order not to tire out this grandma...I take naps!!!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2009
2:50 PM

Post #6242114

Celia: Crystal looks like you--but then that should be no surprise! LOL
Bernie and FF: I love DST, too! I am an early riser, anyway, and DST actually lets me sleep later in the morning because I usually get up around 5 a.m. and now it is 6 a.m. (Does that make any sense?) LOL
FF: sorry about the stomach bug biting you. I had it about a month ago--definitely no fun!
Sharon: those pups are just too cute for words! Callie must be a very patient cat to tolerate Pea's "shenanigans"!
Ric: I'm glad there wasn't a tornado in your area. Your tile floor is going to be beautiful!
Dyson: we are having "yo-yo" weather here, too. Around 80 today and tomorrow and then back down to the mid-40's for a high on Wed. and Thurs! :o(((

Today PM T-Storms
High 75F
Precip 40%
Wind: SE 11 mph
Max. Humidity: 57%
Sunrise: 7:27 AM CT
Avg. High: 62F
Record High: 81F (1974)
Tonight: T-Storms Early
Overnight Low 62F
Precip 40%
Wind: S 12 mph
Max. Humidity: 72%
Sunset: 7:11 PM CT
Record Low: 11F (1996)

Time for a new thread. Who wants to start one?

Pear tree blooming in back yard (not a Bradford--a "wild" one) The big oak tree in the neighbor's yard is starting to bud out, too. Soon the yellow pollen will be everywhere!

Thumbnail by marsue

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 9, 2009
3:09 PM

Post #6242190

19*F Light snow; dark here at 7am..Computer's not cooperating so will turn it off and return later.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6242320

Mau, she does look like me. It was nice to go out with her and my mom because no one could make the mistake of NOT thinking we were related! LOL And I've never heard of a "patient" cat!!! I don't think there any such thing. Callie's just biding her time...

Sharon, how you lucked out getting such a cutie, I'll never know.

Kiska, good luck with that.

"A COLD PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM WILL IMPACT MUCH OF NORTHERN AND CENTRAL UTAH THROUGH TONIGHT BEFORE ENDING TOMORROW. THE ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT IS FORECAST TO INTENSIFY TODAY OVER NORTHERN UTAH THEN PUSH SOUTH ACROSS THE STATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT. HEAVY SNOW WILL ACCOMPANY THIS FRONT AS IT PASSES THROUGH THE AREA."

30F with 39 for the high. Cloudy and getting darker.
Feels like: 22F

Barometer: 29.7 in
Dewpoint: 25
Wind: 9 mph N
Sunrise: 7:49 AM
Sunset: 7:27 PM

Isis likes to sleep in the sun on our bed. There IS no more sun on our bed but she keeps trying.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
3:45 PM

Post #6242359

FlipFlops, I sure hope you feel better soon! Stomach flus are the pits. :-P We were in Jekyll Island last fall!! My parents and siblings and us rented a house there, and some assorted aunts, uncles, and cousins rented another house. It was wonderful!! We're planning on doing it again next year.

Bernie, we don't have any hens and I do most of my gardening during the day. I'd probably like DST much better if I had your schedule. :-)

I love the tiles, Ric!

Kiska, I hope your computer starts behaving nicer. Sometimes I find that threatening our computer with a very large hammer gets its attention. It does get tempting to use it, though...

Your grandson is adorable, Marilyn! I love the freckles... He'll probably hate them in a year or two. :-) Friday obviously loves him, too.

The little bunny is feeling better today. I kept her home from school since she did have a fever yesterday. This morning she bounced out of bed giggling, and when I asked what she wanted for breakfast, she said, "Spaghetti and meatballs!" with great enthusiasm. LOL Yep... much better!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53am CDT (51 min ago)
Temperature 73 F 23 C
Dew Point 66 F 19 C
Humidity 78%
Pressure 30.11 in 1019.5 mb
Wind Speed 10 MPH 9 kts
Wind Dir S 170
Ceiling 2800 ft 853 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 77 F 25 C
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 69.1F / 20.6C

Rest of today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. Isolated sprinkles. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2009
8:38 PM

Post #6243741

Cold, wet and miserable here. It's even cold in the house even with the heat on!!

Good news is that I got a job at my local grocery store. Part time and the pay isn't really much of anything but in this economy who cares? The best part is I will be helping take care of the greenhouse once that is set up. He saw I used to work at a garden even though I wasn't a *gardener* and asked if I wanted to do it. I said heck yeah!! LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2009
9:19 PM

Post #6243907

Thanks on the Tiles!
Robyn got part of the Hardiebacker down today.
I picked up the adhesive so I'm guessing she'll be laying tile tomorrow.

NIce day today. Right at 60 and Sunny.

Dinner's on BBL
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2009
9:40 PM

Post #6244001

Quoting:Callie's just biding her time...

Uh,oh, Sharon! Pea better watch out! LOL

Marylyn: glad the bunny is feeling better today--spaghetti for breakfast--sure enough, she's better!!
Ric: Robyn is laying the tile? What a woman!!
Pepper: congrats on the new job!

It's been an absolutely gorgeous spring day. Yesterday I saw an Eastern Black Swallowtail Butterfly--amazing! I got out and worked in the flower beds for a little while this morning doing some clean up. More needed tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Currently 79 and cloudy--rain supposed to come in later this evening.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
9:41 PM

Post #6244008

Pepper: So glad you got the job at the grocery store. That is great news!!
Marylyn: Happy to hear your little bunny is feeling better. Kids are something...they really bounce back fast. I am going to try to eat my first meal in two days...chicken pot pie. Lost 4 lbs during this stomach flu. Could certainly loose the weight but not like this!!
Henry: Great pic. I have alot of daffodils in full bloom and will try to go out and take a pic. tomorrow. Hopefully, by then I will feel like planting a couple of pansies where there are some bare spots or some didn't quite make it through the winter and lack of rain. Got to try to have good curb appeal to try and sell the house.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2009
9:50 PM

Post #6244041

You're selling? Going far or staying close? Yes, pictures, please.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2009
10:49 PM

Post #6244261

Flip The move is going well. To me moving is a double-edged sword. I like that I have to pick through stuff and sort. I hate that I have to pick through stuff and sort LOL! There has been a lot of development here.

DST is a double-edged sword too LOL!

Mau And everyone will have yellow tinted cars when the pollen comes!
Kiska I hope you computer is ok
Celia - Isis has been taking those relaxation courses again, huh? Cracking up on the Callie comment!
Marylyn So glad the little bunny is better! Spaghetti and meatballs LOL!
Pepper Congratulations on the job! I knew you would get it!
Flip need pictures! Where are you moving?

69.1 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 48 F
Wind: 3.8 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.12 in (Falling)
Clouds: Few 5500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 56. West winds 5 mph.

Look closely - they are sharing a chewy bone

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 10, 2009
1:41 AM

Post #6244987

MySharona~They are mighty cute~
the computer has become slow, even with high-speed, so will call my Son-in-law for help in cleaning it up. He builds/sells/services computers and is very patient with both DH and I in regards to lack of computer skills.
My gosh~ Isis is so cool, kwanjin.
MarylynT_X~ good to hear that bunnie's better:) a good appetite says a lot. A hammer comes to mind on occasion as computer frustration sets in:)
Pepper~good news; glad you'll be in the garden, too.
marsue~happy to hear that you're able to be out in the garden, too. Sounds like a beautiful day.
Ric~the tile is so nice; it's nearly finished, isn't it?
Flip-flop~yes, weight loss at the expense of being sick is most unpleasant. Glad you're feeling a bit better, too.
DH and I ~

Thumbnail by kiska

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 10, 2009
1:47 AM

Post #6245030

Mariylyn,
Mid summer here it will stay daylight until 10 PM. Really nice for taking care of flowers. So we end up with over 16 hours of day light. I love it.

Foggy again on the way home. 33.
Not sure about snow storm. They say it's still coming.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #6245153

It's snowing. We have about 1 inch so far.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
9:54 AM

Post #6246076

Kiska Please send your SIL here to work on my computer too!
Celia It will be almost 80 here today = no snow.

61.2 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 53 F
Wind: 3.8 mphfrom the WSW
Pressure: 30.12 in (Steady)

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog this morning. High...around 80 coast. Northwest winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon.

Spring doesn't last long here. We have Spring for a couple of weeks, then Spring/Summer (70's-80's), then Summer for what seems like an eternity.

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2009
10:21 AM

Post #6246101

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Adina!!!

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
11:17 AM

Post #6246185

Adina - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
11:18 AM

Post #6246187

And a Happy Birthday to you too Ric!
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
12:56 PM

Post #6246414

Happy Birthday, Ric & Adina!!! :-) :-) :-)

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 10, 2009
1:02 PM

Post #6246429

Happy Birthday!
Both of you,
Have a Great Day!
Bernie
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #6246844

Happy Birthday to Adina & Ric!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 10, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #6247147

Happy Birthday Ric and Adina!!

We got hit by a bunch of storms last night and it has knocked my internet out. I'm at library now cause they still have it. I think lightning hit the transformer cause last night we heard a big boom and saw a big red ball after a super close lightning strike. That scared us all pretty good.

Lots of flooding in the area and it is still drizzling. The storms last night were extremely strong and lasted til early this morning. Gravel roads are a mess and you can tell where there was flash flooding.

Temps are gonna drop steadily all day and will end up in the 30s. If there is still rain in the area it will turn into snow.

Ok, getting off here. I'm waiting for my brother to call me and say to get my truck to the shop. I'm not supposed to drive it if I can avoid it but I wanted to get the word out that I'm alive just have no internet service right now. :~)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
3:59 PM

Post #6247153

♫ Oh, Happy Day!!! ♪
♪ Oh, Happy Day-ay-ay!!! ♫

Happy Birthday to Adina and Ric!

Sharon, those have GOT to be starlings Pea is looking at! And thanks for rubbing it in about the snow. LOL It's warming a little and melting.

Our weather site is down today. It is 36 according to the window thermomemter, partly cloudy with a slight breeze. Typical, almost-spring day in the Rockies.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
4:00 PM

Post #6247163

Good luck, Pepper! We'll miss you while you're gone.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
7:30 PM

Post #6248025

Pepper: So sorry to hear about the storms. They can be so wicked this time of the year with the transistion from winter to spring trying to take place. Stay safe!!

Sharon: Once we sell this house (if we ever do) we plan on moving down north of Brunswick GA and south of the Altamaha River basin. It's right off highway 17 and we have two lots in a subdivision called Marshes of Mackay. We have our builder and plans...just need the money from the sale of this house. We love the area have been going down there for about 15 years now. This will be our retirement home for many years, I hope. The people there are so friendly and the winters much milder. I am really excited about learning how to garden in the coastal south and not having to drag everything indoors in the winter. I love sago palms and want to have at least one.

Picture of my pansies and daffodils out front. The daffodils didn't bloom as heavy this year...probably did not give them enough time to feed after they bloomed last year before I trimed them back. The bradford pears are in bloom now in this region. We had one until hurricane Isabelle came through. I was kind of glad to see it go...the grass would not grow under it and the birds used it to roost. Was kind of messy. I told my daughter I put a hex on it before the storm lol

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
7:33 PM

Post #6248035

Here's some more daffs in the back yard. As you can see, they are all out in full bloom. I think these are called "Ice Follies"

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
7:47 PM

Post #6248084

Doing the mojo dance so your house will sell high and soon! We had a Bradford in our backyard when we moved in. It was gone by the 1st weekend. I hated it.

Your flowers are so pretty.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
7:53 PM

Post #6248108

kwanjin: When the Bradford's first became popular, they planted them in all the mediums in the south. We had them all over this place. Then it was discovered they do not hold up under wind even thunderstorms. After the hurricane came (and it was only a cat one) two-thirds of the trees were gone. The crape myrtles do much better here and are beautiful in the late summer. Only thing with them is they drop and are messy if you have one hanging over a patio or driveway.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #6248112

Forgot to ask you kwanjin...what is the mojo dance? Need to know so I can do it :-)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
7:55 PM

Post #6248117

They planted them all over the place here and I don't like the way they smell. I think they stink.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
7:59 PM

Post #6248140

LOL

Hands in the air...standing on your toes...

Step left, "House for sale! Buy it dear!"
Step back, "House for sale, stand and cheer!"
Step right, "House is your's, it's your's, Honey!"
Step forward, "Buy it now 'cuz I need the money!"

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 10, 2009
8:26 PM

Post #6248246

Happy Birthday, Ric!
Thanks all , such beautiful flowers! I'm so blessed to have so many friends here!
I had a great day, have celebrated at work with my colleagues. I cooked some salads and a cake for them and they gave me 2 beautiful orchids.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
8:35 PM

Post #6248279

Adina: Your orchids are lovely. I am glad you had a wonderful day. I am honored to be able to hear from you.
Kwanjin: Sounds like a crazy dance, but if it'll work, I'll do it!! LOL

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 10, 2009
9:19 PM

Post #6248440

Lots of posts, so will close this thread & go here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/961429/
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
1:14 AM

Post #6253941

Dyson, glad to hear from you and nice that the weather has you inspired. We had half decent temps and wind through here today but still too cool yo be spring. We are supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. May plant spring onions.Like to have them in by St. Patrick's Day, but it doesn't always happen;

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #6253958

Thread is closed!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America