Photo by Melody

Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native Flora: My Roots and your garden

Communities > Forums > Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native Flora
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native FloraReplies: 1, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
riggor37
Santaquin, UT

March 2, 2009
2:13 PM

Post #6210416

I printed out your articles for future reference as I look to next years travel plans. Thank you for the excellent photographs as well as an informative narrative.

I'm planning a mid-July trip to the northeastern US and parts of Canada looking for Family History sites in Nova Scotia. A few tips on regional botanical gardens and other natural sites would be helpful for trip planning. I noticed two Ecological Preserves relatively close to your home town. Are there entrance fees, camping sites, etc. My road map shows scores of Historical Sites through the eastern seaboard. Do any of them have noteworthy, associated display gardens. Do you recommend any particular ferry service to Newfoundland coming from Nova Scotia?
Thanks for your time.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2009
6:39 PM

Post #6211688

There are two ferry services to Newfoundland...one to Port-aux-Basques and the other to Argentia...the first is 7 hours, the second 13. Argentia will get you within a 2 hour drive from St. John's while the Port-aux-Basques means a 10 hours drive to St. John's. We have several ecological reserves around the Island...there is no charge to enter them. They do not have camping sites but we do have lots around within a short distance of the reserves. Our historical sites in NL have no gardens. In NS, Annapolis Royal does have a lovely BG.

Look me up in the local St. John's botanical garden if you get to St. John's!

Cheers,
Todd

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Visit to Greenland - Part 1: the Native Flora Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great tour! LLMac 7 Mar 1, 2009 6:47 PM
Greenland tour HoosierGreen 0 Mar 1, 2009 12:38 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this! Igrowinpa 0 Mar 1, 2009 3:05 AM
Thank you for the tour wildauddie 0 Mar 2, 2009 1:47 PM
Wow lortay 0 Mar 3, 2009 9:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America