Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b): yellow spots on camellia leaves

Communities > Forums > Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b)Replies: 5, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pooshka
Flower Mound, TX

March 5, 2009
10:04 PM

Post #6226260

I just transplanted two camellia plants from a nursery in my North Texas garden. They look healthy with lots of buds and a few that have bloomed, but one has several leaves with yellow spotting. Is this a nutrient deficiency?

Julie
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

March 5, 2009
10:11 PM

Post #6226290

I would let the camellias get aclimated to your garden. If the problems continue take a sample of the leaves back to the nursery or to your county extension office.

Its too early to tell whehter the spots are from something in your garden, from the stress of transplanting, from something at the nursery, or something at the grower.
Narrow down these variables and check again - probably in the late spring.
pooshka
Flower Mound, TX

March 5, 2009
10:15 PM

Post #6226298

Thanks very much. I'll keep watching. Incidentally it's only one of the two with problems. We did have a frost the other night but I covered them. The one with spots gets the most wind and cold.
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

March 5, 2009
10:54 PM

Post #6226465

I hope its something temporary and by spring they will be happy in their new home.
Florence1149
Denham Springs, LA

July 27, 2009
2:28 PM

Post #6870750

I belong to a newly formed group called the Great Gardens of America Preservation Alliance. One of our functions is to locate and reproduce ancient (pre-1900) camellias and azaleas. My interest is in the camellias. We are also working to catalog those from 1900-1950.

If anyone has these listings, please contact me so I can add it to the inventory.

I would also like more information on the garden found in Greensboro, AL.

Thank you.
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

July 27, 2009
2:36 PM

Post #6870801

The garden belongs to "Japonica Path" which is an historic property in Greensboro, Al. It is privately owned.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Camellias: Winter Blooming Shrubs for Southern Gardens (Hardiness Zone to 7b) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Albert and the Camellias Sharran 6 Feb 12, 2008 11:50 PM
The real Albert gloria125 2 Feb 12, 2008 11:41 PM
Camellia japonica bobwhite1 1 Feb 12, 2008 5:57 PM
close up bobwhite1 5 Feb 12, 2008 11:55 PM
Three camellias from the same shrub. gloria125 5 Feb 10, 2009 3:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America