Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Plant Trading: Wanted: For Brand New Garden

Communities > Forums > Plant Trading
bookmark
Forum: Plant TradingReplies: 4, Views: 131
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2001
9:44 PM

Post #1466

I am moving to a new house and virgin land and will need rooted cuttings of shrubs, in particular Viburnums, Hydrangeas, Cotoneasters, Pyracantha mohave, Spireas, Lavatera Barnsley, Indigofera, Forsythia, Ribes sanguineum, Neillia thibetica, Skimmia japonica, Berberis verruculosa, darwinii and thunbergii ... gosh, and so many others. Should I have presented this list on 'my page'. My first post here and don't quite know what I'm doing yet:-) I have nothing to offer at the moment but will gladly pay for postage. Thanks.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2001
9:24 PM

Post #52827

Louisa, I'll have a few hydrangea macrophylla cuttings this spring/early summer, as well as some aucuba japonica ("Gold dust")cuttings if you want them...check back with me in late April to see what's putting on new growth.
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2001
9:52 PM

Post #52833

go_vols - Thank you so much. I am touched by your offer. I felt almost sure that because I am taking over a new garden that most folk would not be interested and you can't blame them really. This site is such a hive of industry that one wonders how everyone keeps abreast of all the activity...LOL. I will probably forget that you have offered me anything at all by April. So I will copy your message and store it somewhere. Thanks again, that was so sweet of you.
plantnutz
Austell, GA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2001
10:42 PM

Post #52847

Too bad you are not closer to me - I'm planning to replace my forsythia with a sun flower bed. Don't have enough sun and they have a very short bloom period. Brenda
louisa
Troy, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2001
11:02 PM

Post #52855

Isn't that always the way! I would gladly have taken over your forsythia. Maybe there is someone closer to you than I who would also love to have it. Yes, it does have a brief flowering period, but when the understory plants are daffodils it's a sight for sore eyes. The foliage is quite interesting! Thanks for mentioning it - appreciate it.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America