Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: A Different Kind of Evergreen: Evergreens ever welcome

Communities > Forums > Article: A Different Kind of Evergreen
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Different Kind of EvergreenReplies: 3, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

March 6, 2009
12:03 PM

Post #6228412

Hi, Susanne: Enjoyed your article and reading about what stays evergreen for you out in Colorado. Many of those same plants I have in my own garden and they stay green here as well, of course. Another one that stays green for me is Rudbeckia, and since this moved into my garden, I do not know the species. I just call it common Black-Eyed Susan. It self-seeds so readily that I end up pulling clumps of it out each year.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2009
1:18 AM

Post #6231298

I am so jealous, Angie and Susanne...
BUT today I had help and finally got the debris from the ice storm removed from my yard...and lo and behold, I have daffs, crocus, hellebores...all blooming beneath the tangle of limbs and branches. I could not even see them till now, unless I wanted to risk life and limb climbing through the madness.
So now I am not nearly as jealous as I was earlier when I first read your article. Of course along about next January, I will be jealous again. Guess I'll just have to look out at my holly and my magnolias, won't I?

Thank you for this informative, very well done article. Much appreciated.
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2009
3:44 AM

Post #6231860

Thanks for reading ladies. This surely isn't normal, I don't think. I have had such a year though, I think the green is a gift for my sanity. :) Enjoying every minute of it. Sorry to hear about all your damage Sharon! I'll be jealous of your magnolias in the meantime. Hope you're both staying warm! The reticulated iris are showing their faces now, too.

Thumbnail by art_n_garden
Click the image for an enlarged view.

cam99
Norfork, AR

March 9, 2009
12:30 PM

Post #6241530

Thanks for taking time to write about your plant friends with winter color. I wish other DG would write about their evergreen broadleaf successes. Would love to see a forum started.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Different Kind of Evergreen Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
YOU GO GIRL! dahlianut 0 Mar 6, 2009 9:08 PM
Parsley too! RosemaryA 1 Mar 8, 2009 10:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America