Looking for Pincushions

Youngstown, NY

Hi, I'm on a search for pincushion/pinkeep patterns. Any ideas would br greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
morningglorie

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

This isn't actually a pattern, but I saved the picture for the cute idea. This was actually someone selling the pattern to make these tape measures, but it could easily be adapted to be a cute pincushion.
;0)

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Youngstown, NY

Thank you. They are cute and you are right i could make pincushions with them. Going to play with one now.

If you do make one, I'd love to see a picture.
--T

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

I just saw the cutest pin cushion and I thought of you. It is made from an old pretty tea cup. The inside was stuffed tight with batting and then a nice piece of velvet covered it and was glued to the inside of the tea cup. Everyone has a pretty ole tea cup that they aren't using that would make a wonderful pin cushion. It has opened up a whole new project center for me.
Jan

Youngstown, NY

My husband just broke the handle off of a pretty teacup the other day and I never thought of doing this. Good idea. I will have to remember this next time. I am sure there will be a next time.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

I make needlefelted pin cushions. They are fun and fast to make. You can make all sorts of fruits, veggies, etc. Needlefelting is such fun if you have not done it. You can check out my website to see what I have done. I am not sure if the pumpkin is on there or not, but I made several of them for Halloween gifts to be used as pincushions. My website is www.JBsBirdsandMore.com. Hope this helps. JB

Youngstown, NY

Your needlefelted pincushions are beautiful. It must take a lot of time and patience to do. Thanks for sharing.

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Here is a picture of the pincushion that I made as Christmas gifts for friends last year. I have been looking for the pattern for you and just found it.
I hot glue little mint tins to the bottoms of the cushions to put needles, needle threaders, etc, the things that get lost amongst the pins.
They came out really cute.
I am going to mail you the instructions and if your address is not in the address forum, if you will dmail it to me I will send it to you.
Jan

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

another view from the bottom

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

The instructions were in the December issue of Quilting magazine.
I just looked for your address and it wasn't there, so if you will dmail that to me I will get those off to you
Jan

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 8:46 AM

very cute!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Seedpicker, would you like the instructions for this one. I can mail them to you too.

Anyone wanting the instructions for this pincushion, just dmail me your addy's and I will send them to you, color pic and all.
Jan

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 9:10 AM

Sure. I'll email you

Youngstown, NY

That is a real neat pincushion and idea for the base. I think I can use that idea. I have a few small tins here so going to give it a try.
Thank You

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Morning glorie, would you like a copy of the pattern?

Youngstown, NY

Groundbeader, I will email you. I would love a copy of your pincushion. This making and collecting them has really become an obsession with me.
Thank You

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

the name is Gourd beader. I bead gourds. Heheh. I sent you the pattern. Enjoy.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

http://bridgetbaxter.blogspot.com/2007/11/cupcake-purse-tutorial.html

This is another cupcake that could be adapted to make a pincushion.
WOW, how long does it take to bead a gourd? That is beautiful :)

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

that particular one took two and a half years. Not a week end project. True dedication and patience.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

It sure is pretty. I don't think I have your patience though. ;)

These don't look like they would be too hard to make:
http://www.grannyinthewoods.com/catalog.php?category=17

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

I make pin cushions from Tuna Cans. Gladly share instructions. could I please have the instructions for the pin cushion offered on this thread. Can send SASE Helene

Thumbnail by helenethequeen
Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

helenethequeen, which pin cushion are you talking about. If it is the tree with the can on the bottom, I can email that to you. I have it on PDF.
Let me know.
Jan

Yes, thank you: hmdbrew@aol.com Helene

Nice for christmas chatchkie. What can I give you....???Helene

Youngstown, NY

Thank You everyone for the patters and ideas. I have been away from home for the past several weeks so just getting back to you. All of them are nice and i am going to try to make. I have tuna everyday for lunch so will start saving the cans.

Madison, WI

Just in case you did not get enough ideas
http://tipnut.com/22-free-pincushion-patterns/

Youngstown, NY

Thank You. One can never have to many ideas. Going to check them out.

enya_34 that is some informative site. Found many downloads for kitchen towel applique and embroidery. Helene

Here is - ready for use - my pincushion as per pattern from Gourdbeader. Lights for 4th of July

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images