ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 147 - Spring is here and we have Proof!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Continued from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/957489/

Thumbnail by DustyDS
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Have some sedum popping it's head up early in a barrel planter.

'Frosty Morn'

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Jo...tell your daughter she did a WONDERFUL JOB on the cake! That is soo pretty!
I decorated cakes for years...a long time ago....and that one is great!!!!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Wow Jo, that is a beautiful cake. Your grandson must have been a very happy boy.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That is a great looking cake. Lana, I noticed some of our sedum greening up and fresh growth on the peach leaf bellflower foliage. And weeds...they're greening up in the yard already, of course!

Crossville, TN

Andrew designed his own cake...and Valerie did it. I have 2 very clever daughters....I failed Cake Decorating. Jo

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Yes, of course the weeds are getting a head start :) Never fails.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hey Lana! Long Time!!

I haven't downloaded today's shots but there's a ton coming up.
Our 'Black' Sedums came thru nicely..... as did all the others but..... lol!

Ric

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I know, I've been soooo bad about not keep up or posting. Had surgery in Dec so that had me down for quite awhile. Feeling much better now but out of shape so working outside in this pretty weather is kicking my butt! You have black sedums? Yummm, been wanting some of them. Almost ordered some last year. Maybe this year I can.

Lana

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Give me a few weeks and I'll start some for you.

Ric

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

That would be wonderful, Ric, thanks. Will have to see what survived the winter here before I post trade stuff.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

It was nice here yesterday... I had to leave at 2:30 and be gone all evening - so could not get into much. But - I did go out and enjoy my witchazels in bloom! Oh, my I love my witchazels. They are such a great way to start the year. On a day like this, they are really open, and when the wind wasn't blowing, it was warm enough to smell them. They don't have a ton of fragrance, but when you can smell them, they have a sweet, romantic, sort of exotic smell. Good thing I live where no one can see me - I stood out there where I have 4 planted close together and just smelled them for the longest time. :-)

Now that I have the macro equipment for my camera, I should try to get some more photos of them. The blooms are so strange.

I did notice buds coming up on all the hellebores, saw crocus coming up, many daffodils, a few daylilies were peeking through, but I would prefer if they weren't....

Saw lots of stuff that needs to be done :-(

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey Lana! Good to see ya! I've got Black Jack and Purple Emperor sedums too, if either of those are different from Ric's I can start you some too. Black Jack is my favorite.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Any word on Chele?|

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

baby is here....safe and sound

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Noland James arrived 3/8/2009 at 12:38 AM. He was 8 lbs 13 oz. 20 3/4" long. Mom, baby and sisters are all doing great. Getting ready to go to the hospital and pick up Michele and Noland now. Thank you all for your best wishes! I'm sure Mom well be back posting in a few hours.

Craig

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow, home quick! Chelle must be keeping them in line, they want her out of there, LOL!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Nolan got his d! Noland!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

wonderful news.....happy day....

smiles..Diana

YAHOOOOO!!!! I got the weight on the dot!!!! 8lb and 13 Oz!!!!!! Now lets see if I got the hair color right...I guessed the black but more like dark auburn...

and Yayyyy for his *D* Tooo.. I am so happy they decided to do it...and born on a Sunday no less...That lil guy is truly blessed!!!!

Can't wait to see pics!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Dusty you sound like a "Grandpa"!
Glad to hear all went so easy, & they won't even let her stay a day in the hospital.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Welllll Bernie... Considering I am GrandMA to 24 Grandchildren and 5 Great Grandchildren, I think I just might qualify....LOL

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

Yeah Chelle !!!! Hazah . Welcome Noland !!! we are excited to meet you little dude.
Dusty if he wears his kilt that will be cool. My family is from Scotland. I love bagpipes !!! i do miss the scottish games that are in CA every year.
Neal them are pretty flowers you got.
Hi Lana !!! big ~~~ glad your feeling better and posting . :)
dark and gloomy here , had some rain. Muddy too !!
T wont be comming in tonight , his flights got all screewed up . So he is coming in on Monday . same time 11:45 pm . Just ain't going right for that guy this year. Bad start for him since the beggining. Lets hope April job doesn't go bust .
ttyl
sue

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sorry, never thought about gender, just took for granted "Dusty" was a man.
Isn't it nice to have large families. I am from a family of 5 & have 2 kids, 1 step son, 2 Grandkids, 2 step Grandkids, & 1 Step Great Grandkid.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Way to go on little Noland Chele! Hope everything went smoothly and you didn't have to say too many bad words to the people around you!

8' 13"...oh my....

I want some black sedums.....now see what you've started?!

Ric, the grill isn't there any more..if it was there, I would have fixed them myself! He's been taking metal to sell....hope we still have a grill...:O(

Looks like my Mom will be coming home on Tuesday from TCU. At least that's what they're shooting for. She is walking the halls with Dad and she was proud to say she got up to go to the bathroom all by herself 3 times!

Looks like it could rain here any time. If it stays warm, I just may go sit on the porch and enjoy it.

I loved sitting on the swing yesterday and after a while the birds even came back to the feeders with me sitting about 6 feet away. That was fun.

I saw some things poking through, but not nearly enough to suit me. I did quite a bit of leaf cleanup and cutting back, but I didn't get finished. I have hellebore buds, too. YAY!

Anxious to hear from Chele. I'll check in later!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I was kidding Joyce I noticed the grill had gone missing when we were there last.
Ours got WHACKED in the wind storm..... we need a new one too!

LOL Bernie on Grandpa Dusty!!!
Ric

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Bernie, gorgeous Dahlias! For the first time I've had really good luck with the tubers I stored over winter, and I've ordered a few new ones- I think another addiction has started, LOL. I've even (nervously) divided my tubers and can plant some varieties in multiples! Do you raise them on a large scale like the Glads?

Joyce, I'll start several of the black sedums :-)

Ric, what variety do you have? If its not one I've got, I'll want some too,LOL.

Thanks, Sue! I'll post more pics as more blooms come. I just took a stroll outside and found the striped and lavender large flowered crocus are open this morning!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Neal!

Those are gorgeous crocus. I have green for crocus, but no buds or blooms yet. That's cuz ya'll are in the south!!!! ;O)

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Ah, but do you have the species types (snow crocus)? They start really early :-)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, these were here, so I don't know. I'm betting NO! If you want to dig any of those beauties up, I'll put my name on the list!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Do any of you grow "rock fern"? I just fell in love with them at the home show and he said they were hardy here, but I don't ever remember seeing them at any garden center. He said if I came back tonight when the show was over that he'd sell some to me. I doubt if I can talk Bill into driving to Cinci for a few ferns, especially as I don't know HOW MUCH he would charge me!

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Just popped in to say hi, and yeah for Chele and family!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I checked my tubers the other day. Most look good.
I only had about 40 plants last summer. If I did a good job dividing, I will have hundreds!
Also got some seed started.
Bernie

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Neal, 'Black Jack' is the one I was looking at purchasing so would love to trade for some :) I'm happy to be back and posting but heading outside now, lots to do!

Lana

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

New picture of Noland on Chele's birthing page...so sweet...

where is that page ?
did i miss it ? the link ?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/960436/

thanks Dusty
needed them bread crumbs LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sedum 'Purple Emperor' is the one I have coming up now.

I've seen 'Black Jack' grown under show conditions and it IS beautiful.
It starts out blue/green though then darkens up so we may have it too.
There appear to be some issues w/ it's garden growth.
Aphid prone and like ALL dark Stonecrops splays out in the middle.
We're going to try cage supports this year.
I can't remember exactly but we must have a dozen different Stonecrops.
A very showy one we got last year was a pink flowered one called 'Neon' .
Planted next to 'Cinnamon' it really lights up.

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Whoops I forgot the shot...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.