-
AuthorContent
bambrose
Cortland, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 8, 2009
9:18 PM

Post #6238980

I am going to be selling cut flowers this summer - both at roadside and at a local farm market. Any suggestions on how to wrap them up after the sale in order to send them safely on their way to their new home would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2009
6:25 PM

Post #6271107

I'm going to do the same thing. I hadn't thought about wrappers because all the people who sell cut flowers at the markets here just send them on their way as a bunch of flowers with nothing else! But you've brought up a good point and maybe I will try and come up with something. I did look online that those plastic sleeves they sell and maybe I'll get some of those.

I had planned to ask friends to save me their old mayo jars and the like and just use those to display the flowers in and send people home with them so the flowers would be in water if they wanted.
bambrose
Cortland, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2009
9:16 PM

Post #6271793

The jars are a really good idea - thank you for that. If you do find a good source/idea for wrapping the flowers I would welcome that too. For my display table, the floral department of our local grocery store has graciously given me the black plastic containers that their cut flower come in. I think that they are 1.5 gallon containers and I'm hoping that they will serve the purpose for me.
dreintgen
Latrobe, PA

March 31, 2009
1:16 AM

Post #6342714

I have used 1/2 gallon juice containers cut off at any level to suit the flowers. Since they are square, they stand up pretty well. I have customer that bring me cartons...it is a great way to recycle. If you want to dress it up a bit, you can sit the bouquet and carton on a piece of tissue paper (to coordinate with the bouquet), bring up the tissue paper and put a rubber band around the top. It looks like a present!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
1:54 AM

Post #6342879

You can get flower sleeves. They are clear plastic or maybe have designs on them.

I imagine if you google plant sleeves or flwoer sleeves you would come up with a supplier.

Otherwise gift wrap or tissue paper would be niice and with a bow.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2009
3:46 PM

Post #6349682

Here is a terrific website for packaging!

www.bagsandbowsonline.com

They have a lot of great gifting ideas and packaging to boot!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America