Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent garden: Great article

Communities > Forums > Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent gardenReplies: 2, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
soive2000
Austin, TX

March 9, 2009
12:14 PM

Post #6241477

Seems to me, No expert here, that perhaps putting new aloes in quarantine for a while might be the prudent approach.
thank you for the article as I have an aloe plant.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 9, 2009
2:08 PM

Post #6241894

Definitely a good idea... only for how long? Some of my new aloes only showed their mite infections once they flowered, and that took them over a year... long enough for me to question if they had it all along, or got it from the garden.
soive2000
Austin, TX

March 10, 2009
1:53 AM

Post #6245063

poundering like the Pooh bear that I am.
I guess when I got a new plant if I had as much trouble w them critters as you have had. I would wait a year. It sounds to me you really know what you are doing though.
I am learning so many things as a virgin gardener and one thing I am learning is when you least expect it! expect it...and another thing is patience.
This spring is my second year in my new home and gardening and I am in awe at the glory that nature brings to me.
I guess I am being sentimental or romantic, but I could spend my entire day (and have) in my yard and be and am perfectly sated. I sit there on my little plastic chair and just smile at the glory of God's creation.
I cannot believe in my life that I would be so blessed in my old age(well maybe not that old) lol...
huggles and cuddles,

Anita

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aloe mite: The hidden scourge of the Mediterranean succulent garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Scary! KyWoods 3 Mar 9, 2009 2:24 PM
Aloe Cancer Article fc_upland 1 Mar 10, 2009 12:29 PM
Aloe mites.... YodieCoyote 6 Mar 12, 2010 7:51 PM
Is this an aloe cancer growth? juper 7 May 3, 2010 7:58 PM
Aloe mite greentoo 0 Apr 26, 2010 8:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America