Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Incorporating Moss into the Garden: Your article

Communities > Forums > Article: Incorporating Moss into the Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Incorporating Moss into the GardenReplies: 5, Views: 75
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
leeflea51
Golden, MS
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2009
12:41 PM

Post #6241573

Tony, very interesting article on moss. I was just observing some we have here that is abundant on the hill sides. I've no idea as to which kind it is but it looks very much like the second picture but I'm not sure which kind of moss that one is.
I love the tactile experience of it, however.
Thanks, Lee
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2009
1:10 PM

Post #6241669

Lovely article !
kathy65468
Eunice, MO
(Zone 5b)

March 9, 2009
5:18 PM

Post #6242801

What a great idea! You have given me my chore for today. I have several different mosses growing about the place. I need to pay attention to where they are and see if I can incorporate some in my gardens.

beclu727

beclu727
Dacula, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 9, 2009
11:06 PM

Post #6244309

Very interesting article. I saw a Gardener's Diary where a woman had moss instead of grass. That is my goal for a couple areas in my yard, where grass won't grow or where mowing is not easy.
back40bean
Decatur, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2009
1:50 AM

Post #6245049

Thanks for promoting the use of such a wonderful plant. I encourage moss growth in several areas of our landscape and I've tried transplanting some but the drought conditions in GA have been working against me. Still, like every Spring, I'm hoping for a year of plentiful rain.
MossinAnnie
Pisgah Forest, NC
(Zone 6b)

March 20, 2009
10:28 AM

Post #6293730

Thanks for spreading the word about the benefits of gardening with moss. I hope more people will embrace this fascinating plant as a viable horticultural option in sustainable landscapes. The appeal of the year-round green delights me even in the winter when everybody else is looking at a barren landscape covered in brown bark mulch. In addition to creating moss focal features and serene retreats, moss is a great alternative to mulch.

Thumbnail by MossinAnnie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Incorporating Moss into the Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Moss in the tropics grazio 3 Mar 22, 2009 5:08 PM
More Moss! pirl 6 Mar 20, 2009 11:38 AM
Moss gardens cpark 1 Mar 20, 2009 9:59 AM
weeds in my moss patatiger 5 May 3, 2009 5:08 AM
Go Green With Moss MossinAnnie 0 Mar 20, 2009 9:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America