Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Lessons of the Bradford Pear: smells of fish

Communities > Forums > Article: Lessons of the Bradford Pear
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lessons of the Bradford PearReplies: 1, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
prestonpaints
Charlotte, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2009
2:28 AM

Post #6245244

Before my wife and I married she attended a culinary school. She relayed a short story to me about one day of class, preceded by the question, "What are those trees outside my classroom window?". In her words, The professor entered the class gave the day's assignment and put the students to work. As they gathered their supplies he queried to them, "Has anyone smelled those trees out side?" My wife replied by saying, "The one's that smell like fish!" The professor agreed and I knew without even seeing the trees that they had to be 'Bradford Pears'! I hate those trees!
This posting brings to mind the drug industry and how it relates to the 'green' industry. Drug companies and horticulturalists introduced products into the market and only years later do they find out the damage they have caused.
schifferle
Lansing, KS

March 7, 2011
6:32 AM

Post #8411638

I have no clue as to why comments are made about how much the flowers stink. It's not as if I'm unable to smell anything at all. They just don't have much of any kind of scent to me & my husband. Neighbors who have Bradford Pears have never complained about the odor either.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lessons of the Bradford Pear Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Exotic can be chaotic LLMac 0 Mar 5, 2009 1:20 PM
Agree 100% DitchLily206 4 Mar 7, 2011 8:04 AM
Bradfords and Ice melody 17 Mar 26, 2013 8:30 AM
Great job! Tir_Na_Nog 1 Mar 5, 2009 4:52 PM
Thank you! quiltjean 0 Mar 9, 2009 1:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America