Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Needle Arts: In need of Latest neat crochet project

Communities > Forums > Needle Arts
bookmark
Forum: Needle ArtsReplies: 9, Views: 94
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Bareroots
Redding, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 10, 2009
7:35 PM

Post #6248043

I haven't ever done crochet, but a friend of mine has just been diagnosed with stomach cancer and she loves to crochet. She has been sent home as she is not strong enough for any type of treatments. I was hoping if I could show her something new or different we might be able to spark her interest and help her get through this period.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. She has two daughters and two grandsons, age 5 & 7. I thought maybe some of the animal things were cute, but not sure if they are knitting or crochet.
Dee
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 20, 2009
2:50 PM

Post #6294625

A simple and fun crochet project would be wash cloths out of the "peaches and cream cotton yarn". I think that there is even a pattern on the yarn itself. I know that Walmart carries it and probably many other yarn shops have it. It you alreay have the yarn I can give you the pattern instructions.
Jan
Bareroots
Redding, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2009
4:19 PM

Post #6299516

Thank you Jan, that would be great and much appreciated.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 21, 2009
9:01 PM

Post #6300436

Do you want the pattern?
DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS
(Zone 5b)

March 22, 2009
12:02 AM

Post #6301167

Dee - any chance you could spring for a subscription to "Crochet" Magazine for her? That would be a fun surprise and something she could look forward to every other month.

Here is the website for the magazine, and it has free patterns on it too!
http://www.crochetmagazine.com/

The subscription starts with a free issue and then 6 more issues (1 year) for $20.

There is also this website: http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/
It has a lot of free patterns on it too.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 22, 2009
3:46 AM

Post #6302087

Great sites and lionbrand.com has some great free patterns too.
Bareroots
Redding, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 22, 2009
6:17 AM

Post #6302441

Thank you both.

I would get her a subscription but as of yet, she doesn't seem too motivated to do anything. With her condition I don't want to do anything long term. The websites are a great help. I printed out a few and gave them to her.

Amazingly she is not in pain, but is very tired all the time. I figured since she liked to crochet it would be something she might want to do, but don't want to push it. Will just have to wait and see, but thank you again for the websites and info.

Dee

Yuska
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 31, 2009
3:42 PM

Post #6345091

Could she make scrubbies? These are more practical IMO than the Scotch Brite type things in the supermarket. You would probably need to prepare the netting for her -

http://tipnut.com/free-scrubby-patterns/

Yuska
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

April 6, 2009
5:23 PM

Post #6372726

Annie's Attic has a free pattern every day so check there also.

Lavina
Bareroots
Redding, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 7, 2009
3:18 AM

Post #6375777

Thank you. Appreciate the info. (love the sunflower scrubby)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Needle Arts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Crochet! celia 23 Nov 21, 2012 4:52 AM
Society Silk Embroidery repair. Jeansgarden 5 Sep 22, 2009 7:28 PM
Hand embroidery MaryinLa 24 May 5, 2009 3:59 PM
Baby rings from 1992 crochet pattern LavinaMae 64 Jul 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Santa Claus mits ViolaAnn 19 May 5, 2011 12:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America