AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 10, 2009
9:18 PM

Post #6248436

After 200+ posts on old thread, we need a new & faster one.
So here we go, THINK SPRING!!

Bernie
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2009
9:27 PM

Post #6248473

I'm thinking spring...I see it all around me here in tidewater. The trees are budding out, daffodils are blooming and my day lillies are coming up. Still early spring...but a real good sign.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2009
9:49 PM

Post #6248578

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADINA AND RIC!!
Adina, your orchids are beautiful, sounds as if you had a good day. Hope you do, too, Ric.
Flip, your daffs and pansies are lovely. I'm trying to sell my house, too, so we can do Celia's dance together! I'm really hoping my house will sell before mowing season begins in earnest. I don't want to have to buy a new riding mower but I will have to if the house doesn't sell soon.
Sharon: Mighty huntress, Peanut! LOL
Pepper: sorry about the storm knocking out your internet. Hope it gets restored soon and that you get your truck repaired soon, too.
Kiska: love the photo of you and your DH--LOL--very creative!
Thanks for the new thread, Bernie. I am definitely thinking spring even if the temp is dropping. Our low tonight is forecast to be 47. Our h igh tomorrow is forecast to be 47. :o(( The cool down is only supposed to last a couple of days, then we are back into the 60's again.
Cabot, AR Weather for your life
Mar 10 Tonight
Scattered thunderstorms, some strong this evening, then cloudy with rain and thunder overnight. Storms could contain damaging winds. Low 47F. WSW winds shifting to N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Mar 11 Tomorrow Showers early becoming less numerous later in the day. High 47F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Mar 11 Tomorrow night
Cloudy with a few showers. Low 37F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

The birds are thinking spring, too. I didn't know when I took this photo that the bluebird was catching a worm. A lucky "catch" for the bird and me! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 10, 2009
10:07 PM

Post #6248635

Happy birthday, Ric and Adina!

Lots of beautiful flowers and birds, everyone.

I had the root canal done today. I didn't pass out. I told myself I had to hang in there for the peeps. ;-)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on March 10, 2009
65 F
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 34 F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Kalanchoe pumila "Rubra"

Thumbnail by Kelli

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 10, 2009
10:41 PM

Post #6248771

Spring definitely on hold here.
Rain freezing to everything this morning, then turned to sleet, then snow.
33 at 6 AM, going down all day. It is now 10.
NW wind blowing snow around.
Could be worse, farther north in MN, major freeway is closed because on blizzard. (Alexandria, MN to Fargo, ND).
We will just sit back & wait for something nicer!
Bernie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2009
11:00 PM

Post #6248845

LOL Kelli, I had a root canal on Valentine's Day, 2005. It was a lovely and romantic dinner..."I wuv you, Dallell."
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2009
11:40 PM

Post #6249059

LOL, Celia!
The "peeps" thank you for hanging in there for us, Kelli!
Hold on, Bernie, Spring will be here sooner or later!
NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 10, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #6249077

This is how spring is for us TODAY!

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 10, 2009
11:45 PM

Post #6249082

BRRRRR!!!!!
NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 10, 2009
11:49 PM

Post #6249105

Everything in my area (Fargo, ND) is CLOSED today! Interstates are all closed! It's terrible! I spent time in my furnace room, aka, seed starting greenhouse, planting seeds today and ignored it outside.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 11, 2009
12:44 AM

Post #6249355

Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes!

Flip that's a beautiful sight!
ND... No Thanks!...lol!

Ric
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2009
12:44 AM

Post #6249356

Thanks for new thread, CGardens.
We went to Anchorage today; road was fine and was a good drive in and out.
Cloudy, snow in the forecast; warmest day in ages; mid-30's.
Sunrise:8:28 AM AKDT Sunset~~7:46 PM AKDT Very nice as the long dark; dim winter winds down.
NDFarmgirl~cool pics)) Have you read the true story of the "Children's Blizzard" of Jan. 12, 1888? It happened in that part of the US and is a very somber read of weather history.
kelli~so proud of you:)) glad it's over and hope you're feeling better. Love the colorful blossom.
Marsue~I don't think I've every seen a more beautiful blue bird. Fantastic. Thanks, too
Taken a couple of days ago~the berms are getting to a good size.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #6249362

oops~crossed, ric. Hope you're having a really great day.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2009
12:48 AM

Post #6249374

The last three days have been fantastic weather wise and now the temps are starting to fall again.Hope for no more Ice/Snow.

And it is dark.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 11, 2009
12:49 AM

Post #6249384

Kiska I have the cake as my screen saver.
Thanks again!

Ric
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 11, 2009
1:04 AM

Post #6249477

73 here and a brisk SW wind.
This will come crashing down.
Rain coming overnight... then...
Temps are supposted to keep dropping through into the low 20's by Thursday morning...

Ric

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2009
1:31 AM

Post #6249651

Happy Birthday! Ric! & Adina! :D

I am so hopelessly behind...I'll need to go back & read your posts...

The past few days have been wonderful. The weather has been in the high 60's & spring is definitely on it's way!
At Dublin...
Clear: 55F
Feels like: 55F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 45
Humidity: 67%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 3 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:42 AM
Sunset: 7:25 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

My test is scheduled in a week & 1/2...I can't wait until it's over! The stress is terrible! Too much to remember...well let's just say "memorize".

Have a great evening all!
Joey

A little spring...

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2009
10:02 AM

Post #6250647

Mau Nice catch on the bluebird! See the early bird does get the worm!
Kelli Youll be better soon and glad you got it over with! PeepsRock! The color on the kalanchoe blooms is beautiful.
Celia - LOL!
NDF Welcome Brrrrrr!
Kiska- You and NSF are swimming in snow!
Dyson Glad you finally got some nice weather in your area! Its dark here too.
Joey Were pulling for you! JW is a gardener in the making. Hes so cute!

56.2 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 56 F
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles

Now
Patchy dense fog has developed early this morning around the Jacksonville Metro area south to Saint Augustine and Bunnell. Visibilities will be reduced to a half mile or less at times. Motorists should be especially cautious as visibilities can suddenly be reduced to near zero. Drive with caution this morning and use low beam headlights.

Today
Mostly sunny. Patchy dense fog in the morning. High 79. Northwest winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon.

I feel like Kelli posting our temps weather after seeing the snow pics. Know that warm weather is coming your way soon!

The house will be pro cleaned tomorrow. We'll be able to move some furniture over and leave in the kitchen. The carpets are being cleaned Sunday morning. Our friend, Lee, Peanut's BFF daddy, has a capret cleaning company that is enviro friendly and dry. As soon as he is finished I'll be able to start arranging furniture.

We're not sure what they were sniffing, but they liked it!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2009
1:31 PM

Post #6251052

Good morning! It's been a crazy week - and it's only Wednesday! The little bunny is feeling much better. Sunday night I left some windows open because the breeze was so nice. One of our kitties jumped up to the girls' window sill and pushed against a very small hole in the screen until it grew into a kitty-sized hole - and then he jumped out! We didn't realize he was gone until partway through Monday. Yikes! We put up signs, and walked around and around the neighborhood, called the shelters and the nearby vets' office, knocked on neighbors' doors and left "missing cat" notes on doors, and prayed a lot!!

Yesterday afternoon the big bunny was playing in the backyard. She suddenly ran inside, saying, "Mommy! Mommy! I have good news!" She saw Flash between our fence and the neighbors'. Both fences are on the same support uprights, so there is a 4 inch gap between then. I pulled up the bottom of one of the slats to get Flashy out. His brother is SOOOO happy! We all are, too. ^_^

Kelli, I'm glad your root canal is done and you didn't faint - you poor thing. I hope it heals quickly!

NDFarmgirl, welcome!! And brrrr!!!!!

Sharon, that's a fabulous photo! LOL

Marilyn, that bluebird photo is gorgeous!

Joey, awww... Look how big JW is getting! What is he going to plant in that pot?

There's a 50% chance of rain today - I hope it really does rain! And then the cold front is coming through here - but of course, it's really going to be just a chilly front for us. Tomorrow it will be in the 50s, Friday in the 40s, and then it will get warm again.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (13 min ago)
Temperature 71 F 22 C
Dew Point 68 F 20 C
Humidity 90%
Pressure 30.09 in 1019.1 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir ESE 120
Ceiling 8500 ft 2591 m
Visibility 6 mi 9.7 km
Heat Index 76 F 24 C
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 71.1F / 21.7C

Rest of today Partly cloudy late, then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
Tonight Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2009
3:05 PM

Post #6251384

Farmgirl!!! Did you make it out? LOL That's amazing!

JW! He IS getting big. Thanks, Joey.

27F with 36 for the high and sunny.
Feels like: 28F

Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 18
Humidity: 68%
Wind: 5 mph S
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 7:30 PM
UV Index: 5 Moderate

Yesterday.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 11, 2009
3:56 PM

Post #6251577

this is what we woke up to. 14 inches of new snow. Drifts are 5 feet high on the HIGHWAYs. No school. Drifts along our road are up to the tops of the trees. I know my garden is under there SOMEWHERE! The snow is very hard because of the wind.

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2009
6:36 PM

Post #6252277

Boy!!! it doesn't take long to get behind on this thread!
Joey, pulling for you too and JW is adorable.
NDF, can't even comprehend what you are going through. I have NEVER seen snow like that. Looks like it will take a month to dig out. Hope you stay warm and have lots of food on hand. Shoot, they close schools here if we have 2 inches of snow LOL
Kelli, so glad your root canal is behind you...now you can concentrate on more pleasant things to look forward to.
Sharon, I love the pictures...they are so precious.
Marylyn, glad your big bunny found Flashy. Thank goodness he wasn't lost too long.
Marsue, I never get bluebirds in my yard. I love them and they are so beautiful, but our yard in too enclosed for them.

I hope I got most everyone. When I saw the pic. of JW, it reminded me of Peaches when she was a puppy. Not that JW reminds me of my dog LOL What I mean is Peaches use to run around the back yard with a big flower pot on her head. I didn't have a digital camera back then so I can't send a pic. (boo - hiss) She was so goofy!! You ought to have seen her too when she went to puppy kindergarten. It was a riot!

Finally feel better after the stomach flu. Going out to plant my few pansies. It's 73 today but cold front coming through and will only be 49 tomorrow. The next 6 days have a chance of rain. Is this April showers already???? We will have to start a thread for that when April gets here. Catch up with y'all later.
FF
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2009
6:50 PM

Post #6252327

My internet came back overnight. It wasn't a problem on my side but their's. The storms were pretty powerful. Lots of flooding and lots of lightning balls.

Right now it is in the 20s and sunny. It's so sunny you walk outside without a coat then run back in and get one. LOL

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 11, 2009
7:45 PM

Post #6252523

Thanks for the BD wishes guys! I'm way behind ,but I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Love all the pics.
Adina
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2009
8:35 PM

Post #6252750

Glad you're back with us Pepper. How long did it take you to run back in and get the coat. LOL The storms are really bad in the midwest. I guess you would call that the midwest? We now have an afternoon high of 81!!! Going to crash back down tomorrow (bummer) Don't you just love this transition period? They say in my neck of the woods..."If you don't like the weather, stick around, it will change in 30 minutes"! Going outside with my binocs and a glass of sweet tea and look at all the birds singing. Nice way to wrap up the afternoon.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 11, 2009
11:01 PM

Post #6253294

Marylyn Thanks! Im so glad you found Flash! I did a happy dance when I read your post.
Celia Cool ice picture!
NDF Thats a lot of snow! Peanut has obedience training beginning 4/14 for 6 weeks. Its for Chihuahuas only and her BFF Lulu Belle is enrolled too. This is going to be hysterical LOL!
Pepper So glad you are safe and back on-line. Sounds like one of our volatile storms.
Flip Wish I was there watching the birds with you!

69.1 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 55 F
Wind: 3.2 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy dense fog after midnight with visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Low 56. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

We've got a little "cool down" moving through tonight. Back into spring mode. I packed up my Winter gear yesterday. After many years here I've learned to keep the sweat shirts and hoodies out until April.

I need a good caption for this one. The look on Boo's face is classic LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 11, 2009
11:13 PM

Post #6253353

Got outside today - the boys did, my my nostrils froze shut, so I wasnt out long! I cant BELIEVE the snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2009
11:39 PM

Post #6253476

"I keel you in your sleep. Do not sleep, for you no wake."
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
12:10 AM

Post #6253616

ND that is AMAZING!

Boo says "I vant to be alone..."

Celia don't ya love those Ice Bubbles? GREAT Shot!

Cool here at 43, especially after 76 degrees just yesterday.
Going for freezing tonight...low 20's by Friday morning...
I'm covering back up spme of the sprouts.
We still have a heavy leaf litter covering and never remove it till AFTER March... lol!

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2009
12:16 AM

Post #6253639

We were down, now on the way back.
0 this morning. 10 this afternoon. 5 now.
Cold tonight, then looking for 30's tomorrow?
It's all coming your way, south & east of here.

Do you remember this kitchen, before picture ?

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2009
12:28 AM

Post #6253697

That picture was taken February 1. We started on the job Feb. 9.
The owner started painting & other things on Feb. 6.

Today we left at 4 PM. House is entirely remodeled. New paint everywhere. Bathroom was tore apart, tile cam off the walls & floor plus new tub, shower & stool.

Living/dining room, old paneling tore off, new sheetrock & paint. All trim is either new or refinished.

Kitchen parts of walls were tore out. Old sofit is gone. New ceiling & walls. Of course new paint & trim. And lets not for get new custom cabinets from us! Rustic Alder with no stain.

Entire house now has either hardwood floors, (original), laminate, or new carpet.
Plumbing & electric was updated.
Ready for sale tomorrow morning. Owner is hoping quick sale!

This picture was taken today from the same spot as the before one.
Bernie

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2009
12:29 AM

Post #6253705

This is from the other way.

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2009
1:04 AM

Post #6253898

34* and we had a nice fire outside to celebrate the coming spring.
ric~I'm glad you're enjoying the cake:))
Joey~oh my gosh-what a cutie and growing like a weed, too. JW looks quite engrossed in the bucket. Good luck w/test.
MarylynT_X~ so glad there's been a happy ending to the lost kitten story. Very good.
CG~beautiful job; lucky new owners, whoever they may be:)
NDF~lots of snow always looks so pretty.
MySharona~seems you're ready to be moving soon. Love Boo; he's a cool cat:))
A fireside lazy afternoon today.

Thumbnail by kiska

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2009
1:05 AM

Post #6253901

Currently 31F under mostly clear skies and winds gusting to 19 mph. We'll have a high of 28F tomorrow, 36F Friday then at least 8 days of highs in the 40's. Spring is inching closer!

Farmgirl...Wow! At least it's mid-March and should melt soon.

Bernie...Nice work! I really like the warmth of the unfinished alder.

I forget who asked what I learned at the gardening seminar last weekend. I did learn something about wave petunias. The speaker who runs the greenhouse and nursery showed photos of his hanging baskets taken in Oct. and they still looked as good as they did in early summer. Mine always are straggly and ratty looking by then. the secret? In addition to water every day he also FERTILIZES THEM 3 TIMES A WEEK.

Although I do a ton of flower gardening here I quit vegetable gardening years ago when I came home from vacation in mid-July to find the neighbor kids had picked my entire garden. I found all the little veggies in cardboard boxes in the woods. Anyway, I've decided to get back into it but I'm going to give growing heirloom vegetables a try. I ordered a bunch of seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom seeds and I'm waiting for them to arrive. Their website is here: http://rareseeds.com/

Here's an updated photo of my little GS...complete with slobber.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2009
1:19 AM

Post #6253971

I forgot to mention this is a flip house. People bought it to resell. They hope to make a few grand for their trouble.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2009
1:20 AM

Post #6253972

Early_Bloomer, your little GS is adorable!!! He has big blue eyes like my GS does. Here's a pic. of my GS when he got a Top Cat Award in his kindergarten class.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2009
1:24 AM

Post #6253989

Bernie, the work on the kitchen turned out great!
Kiska, neat photo. Did you have something hot to drink while sitting out there?
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 12, 2009
1:24 AM

Post #6253992

What is a flip house? Sounds kinda scary, like a trailer that has been in a tornado.

Nothing exciting here.

Updated: 5:51 PM PDT on March 11, 2009
55 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: 10 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.99 in (Steady)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 4000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Oh, wait, yeah, there is something interesting. Some of the tulips that where planted a couple years ago have buds. Tulips are not supposed to rebloom here.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
1:34 AM

Post #6254033

WOW what a plethora of correspondence, Glad everyone is into spring! Rejoice.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2009
1:59 AM

Post #6254134

A flip house is one that someone has bought, will remodel and then sell. They don't plan to live in it themselves. We plan on selling MIL's home to someone who does stuff like that. The offers are already coming in the mail.

Great pics everyone! Ric, your should put that in the photo contest this year! Too cute!

Isis follows me everywhere, including through the snow.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
2:02 AM

Post #6254153

Not my pic Celia... e_b maybe?

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2009
2:06 AM

Post #6254174

Duh. Yes. LOL
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2009
10:06 AM

Post #6255154

NDF My nostrils froze shut. Ive never heard that statement before LOL!
Celia LOL I kept thinking about Achmed when I saw this expression on her!
Bernie Great job on the re-do! I love that wire basket in the first pic.
Kiska Thats a relaxing scene!
E_B Three times a week? Ill have to give that a try. Thanks for the link. I love a good heirloom tomato. That is the cutest picture of your GS! His eyes are amazing.
Flip Your GS is adorable too his eyes are amazing also!
Celia Isis is shivering inside!

61.0 F
Clear
Humidity: 81%
Wind: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.18 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles

Today
Becoming partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. High 74. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2009
11:45 AM

Post #6255284

They do a great job on "flipping" a house. They have a whole bunch of odds & ends in storage that they put in the house to make it more presentable to buyers. They have throw rugs on the wood floors, dining table & chairs, sofa & overstuffed chair in living room.
There was a pool table in the basement that they are leaving to go with the house. So they grabbed some of things from their basement to dress it up.

-2 this morning.
Looking for 22 this afternoon.
40's the rest of the weekend.

I would like to get busy on things outside, but need the snow gone & ground dried a bit. No mud!

Bernie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2009
4:07 PM

Post #6256310

LOL Achmed! Yup!

Very good job, Bernie. Love it.

Kiska, scoot over. I'm joining you.

32F with 36 for the high and sunny skies. We have one small storm heading our way and then 60.
Feels like: 32F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↨
Dewpoint: 25
Humidity: 74%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:43 AM
Sunset: 7:31 PM

Last evening.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6256511

Kiska and Farmgirl: your photos remind of the reason I don't live in Alaska or in North Dakota! LOL
Sharon: Boo is saying: "Go ahead and try! I'll never talk!" Good luck on the carpet cleaning and getting the furniture moved in this week-end.
Bernie: amazing transformation on the kitchen in that flip house. (Wonder who did the cabinets?--LOL)
Flip: you are correct--it doesn't take long to get waaay behind on this thread--that's why you need to check in more than once a day. :o)) By the way, in Arkansas we don't even have to wait 30 minutes for the weather to change--try more like 10 minutes! Cute grandson! Glad you are feeling better, too.
EB: your little GS is cute, too. We DGers do seem to have the cutest grandkids, huh?
Joey: Awww, JW is saying: "Hey, there's supposed to be a flower in this basket!"
Celia: Isis is a true faithful feline to follow you out into the snow. Nice susnset pic.
Pepper: glad the internet is up and running again.
Kelli: tulips aren't supposed to re-bloom here, either, but several of those I planted last season are coming up. We'll see if they bloom.
Marylyn: glad the prodigal kitty has been found--what a relief for all of you--especially the bunnies!
Se_eds: I was rejoicing over spring this past week-end. Winter has not disappeared just yet. 3 days ago it was almost 80. This morning we have ice on the trees and shrubs. My jonquils are frozen! :o((

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
4:56 PM

Post #6256526

Actually that photo above is my frozen plum tree. These are my favorite daffodils--Gentle Giant by name--I surely hope they aren't completely frozen and will thaw out to bloom another day.

Thumbnail by marsue

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2009
5:18 PM

Post #6256640

Marsue, I think your daffodils will be just fine. My made it through the snow we had a little over a week ago. Another day or two, they look like they will burst open.
Sharon, Boo looks like he thinking "I'm ticked" (I used the nice word) LOL
EB, Like the term "DGers"

Currently: 44 degrees - Feels like 44 degrees
Barometer: 30.48 and steady
Humidity: 48%
Visability: 10 Mi.
Dewpoint: 25*
Wind: NE 20 MPH
Sunrise: 7:21 AM
Sunset: 7:11 PM
Low: 40 degrees

Hard to believe almost a 40 degree difference from 24 hours ago. That's spring!!! Feels colder than 44 to me...guess because it's windy.
No capris on today!! LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
5:22 PM

Post #6256656

I imagine no flip-flops on the feet, either, huh? LOLOL

It's currently 34 here with intermittent rain/sleet showers. Think I'll go make a cup of hot tea!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 12, 2009
6:20 PM

Post #6256959

Spring is almost here, but it's still cold . It was sunny all day, no rain.
Sunrise yesterday.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 12, 2009
6:46 PM

Post #6257064

MySharona - living in Florida I bet you haven't heard that expression before, but it happens! Your nostrils really do freeze!

It's winter in North Dakota
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 42 below!
Oh, how I love North Dakota
When the snow's up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave North Dakota now,
Cause I'm frozen to the ground.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2009
6:48 PM

Post #6257073

ROFLOLOL

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 12, 2009
7:41 PM

Post #6257263

That is too funny!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2009
8:17 PM

Post #6257402

That's hilarious!!! Thanks!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2009
8:24 PM

Post #6257433

NDF: I love it!!! Not the weather but your poem LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2009
9:17 PM

Post #6257655

Yeah, me too! You've given us all something to laugh about!
NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 12, 2009
9:38 PM

Post #6257754

It's funny - but oh so true! :)
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2009

Post #6258001

Celia Pretty sunset!
NDF That is toooooo Funny!

68.9 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 67%
Pressure: 30.18 in (Steady)
Heat Index: 76 F
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft

A 20% chance of showers after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 56. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

This is my favorite kind of weather 50's - 70's.

Diplandia

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 12, 2009
10:59 PM

Post #6258093

That's pretty. Do they come in white? We have something that looks a lot like that except it is white. It came with the house and I can never remember the name.

My next-door neighbor is from South Dakota. She said that sometimes they'd have to go in and out of the house through an upstairs window when the snow was deep.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on March 12, 2009
64 F
Clear
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 41 F
Wind: 13 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
(Above Ground Level)

some pictures from hiking earlier today - wishbone bush

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 12, 2009

Post #6258103

chia - I've heard that you can buy chia seeds in the health food store but they might not be of this species.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 12, 2009
11:02 PM

Post #6258114

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 12, 2009
11:03 PM

Post #6258123

I told DH that the peeps like rocks.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 12, 2009
11:06 PM

Post #6258140

This is part of what used to be a Rocketdyne facility. They used to test rocket engines there.

Thumbnail by Kelli

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #6258646

Sharon: Your diplandia is so pretty. Is that growing in your yard? I had some one time but they were more pink. Then I had a couple of Mandevillas. One was almost white and grew all over my fence. It was really pretty. Be glad when I can grow some in Georgia. I see them down there all the time.

Kelli: The pictures are great. I do love rocks but we don't have any here. All we have is either clay or sand and it is very FLAT!! I live on a peninsula.

NDF: Are you still snowed in??? Keep warm. I still can't imagine snow like that. It's getting ready to rain here, and calling for a chance of rain for the next six days. Are we sure April showers haven't started early? At least it was clear enough this week to enjoy the beautiful full moon.

Adina: Beautiful sunrise!!
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2009
3:49 AM

Post #6259631

I LOOOOVE rocks, too! Houston is also very very very flat. We have to drive a couple of hours west before we see anything that you could call a hill and keep a straight face. That looks like a great place for a hike, Kelli. Thanks for taking us along with you. :-)

It is raining here! Yayyy!! Actually it's been raining most of the day, which is such a blessing. We really needed it. It's supposed to keep raining tomorrow and into the weekend, too. By Sunday we might be looking for a canoe. LOL

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53pm CDT (51 min ago)
Temperature 46 F 8 C
Dew Point 43 F 6 C
Humidity 89%
Pressure 30.19 in 1022.4 mb
Wind Speed 9 MPH 8 kts
Wind Dir N 10
Ceiling 600 ft 183 m
Visibility 8 mi 12.9 km
Current Conditions Rain
Remarks 0.01" of precipitation last hour. (There has definitely been more than .01" of precipitation at our house!!)
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53pm CDT : 46.9F / 8.3C
3 hour precipitation ending 9:53pm CDT : 0.01"

Tonight Rain likely. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent in the evening decreasing to 60 percent after midnight.
Friday Rain. Highs around 50. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.

Tomorrow we're having our monthly meeting at our house, so if you see me on here, and I haven't finished cleaning, shoo me off! ^_^
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2009
9:58 AM

Post #6260226

Kelli Im not sure. Ive not seen any in white here. The Diplandia is in the Mandevilla family (or vice versa). Great hiking pics! The peeps do like rocks! Did your DH laugh?
Flip Ive read that the Mandevilla and Diplandia prefer to be in pots unless they are growing wild. I have the Dip in a pot and it does great. The Man was in the ground and it didnt do very well. They are both in pots now. Well see what happens.
Marylyn The front broke up in Georgia before it got to us so no rain here. Very foggy though.

61.0 F
Fog
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 58 F
Pressure: 30.18 in (Falling)
Visibility: 0.1 miles (that's not very far!)

Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am EDT this morning...

Today
Widespread dense fog in the morning with visibility one quarter mile or less. Otherwise...low clouds this morning... becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 74. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Basically the same as yesterday with fog. We were watching a dog show the other night. Peanut jumped in Jeff's lap and watched with him. Look at the bottom right of the picture. Peanuts ears LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2009
3:12 PM

Post #6261018

22* ~ Light snow; sunrise in just over an hour at 8:18. Sunset: 7:54pm.
MySharona~such a cute photo with those little ears at attention. Hope by now the fog has lifted.
NDF~great poem; funny and to the point.
Adina~beautiful sunrise.
MarylynT_X~if you're reading this, you'd better get back to work if you're not finished w/chores:))
kelli~those are fantastic boulders; love the hike.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2009
3:20 PM

Post #6261056

Cloudy and cool here.

Been pretty busy here. A cousin of mine turned up dead in her apt but we didn't realize she was missing til 2 days ago and that's when we found her. She had been dead a week. So we are all trying to deal with that and take care of getting her affairs settled and all that. My youngest brother was the one who found her. She died of either an asthma attack or heart failure. We won't know til next week for sure.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 13, 2009
3:33 PM

Post #6261099

Oh, pepper, bummer!
Sorry to hear things like that. Catches everyone off guard.

Getting ready to watch Minnesota basketball meet Michigan State in a tournament game.
Weather is finally warming. Looking for 40's today & 50's tomorrow.
30 right now.
It will be nice to have the snow gone & the ground dry a little. I have so much to do outside!
3 weeks we should be planting here. Seemed like a long winter, now thinking where did it go so fast!
Bernie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2009
4:06 PM

Post #6261206

Oh, Pepper. So sad. Our hearts are with you and your family.

30F with 47 for the high.
Feels like: 32F

Barometer: 30.3 in ↨
Dewpoint: 23
Humidity: 74%
Wind: 5 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:42 AM
Sunset: 7:32 PM

I love running across older pics. This is my nieces mother, Debbie, her grandson, Timmy and his cousin, Rebecca, last year.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2009
4:27 PM

Post #6261297

Pepper - I'm so sorry to hear this news. Out thoughts are prayers are with you.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2009
4:29 PM

Post #6261308

Oh, Pepper, I'm so sorry!! We will be praying for you and your family.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 13, 2009
5:17 PM

Post #6261508

Pepper: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What a shock!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 13, 2009
9:29 PM

Post #6262454

Pepper, I'm sorry to hear about that. How horrifying!

Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on March 13, 2009
69 F
Clear
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 44 F
Wind: 4 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.00 in (Falling)
UV: 8 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

more pictures from yesterday

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 13, 2009
9:32 PM

Post #6262467

redmaids and fiddleneck

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 13, 2009
9:33 PM

Post #6262474

My parents would call these mountains. I call them hills.

Thumbnail by Kelli

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 13, 2009
11:11 PM

Post #6262846

Pepper, so so sorry to hear the sad news about your cousin! Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Celia:; what a great picture--they were certainly engrossed in that book!
Sharon: Pea is already a TV addict--LOL
Kelli: more great hiking photos

I drove up to my DD's house in Harrison, AR today and I will spend the week-end with them. It turned out to be a lovely day for a drive--no rain! Things are warming up gradually, too. :o)) I brought my new laptop with me. This is the first time I have used it as a wireless laptop. This is pretty neat! The keyboard is a little different than what i am used to, though. Takes me longer to type things out because I keep hitting the wrong keys--not complaining, though. I really like this new technology--it's amazing!

I have no idea what the temp is right now but it was 46 when I got here around 2:30 p.m. I haven't put the weather channel on this laptop yet--guess I need to do that so I can keep up with the weather for all you peeps!

need to go help my DD with supper. BTW, her hubby had the pacemaker/defibrillator installed on Wed. and he is home from the hospital now and doing great.
Have a good evening, all!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
12:23 AM

Post #6263186

Marsue, so happy to hear the great news about your SIL. Enjoy your visit with your DD. It's raining cats & dogs here and no let up until Tues.

I have a Bushnell bonoc/camera and as soon as I figure out how to work it; hopefully I can take some awesome pics. and share them with my peeps!! Oh this modern technology and I don't mix too well LOL
kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2009
1:02 AM

Post #6263346

32* - overcast with light snow earlier today. Sunrise: 8:18; Sunset:7:54
Pepper ~ I'm so sorry for your loss.
FF~good luck w/binoc/camera. That should be lots of fun and we, the peeps, look forward to the pics:)
Marsue~glad you had a good drive up and that your SIL is doing well.
kelli~as one of your "peeps", I'm really enjoying the hikes.
kwanjin~love your family photo. Beautiful.
CG~how nice to be considering planting in just a few weeks; the scent of fresh soil is a good one.
DH and I a few days ago. Anchorage area.

Thumbnail by kiska

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2009
1:07 AM

Post #6263380

Mau if the keyboard continues to be a hassle plug in a regular one.
That's what I did w/ mine.
My big fingers don't do well w/ the little keys.

Kelli it still looks so green there! Love the blooms! Beautiful!

Peanut Ears! LOL!

45 Here this evening.
Going down to just below freezing.
55 tomorrow then a week of low rising to upper 60's!

A shot from just a few hours ago.
The Hellebores got knocked way back again.
But I'm sure they will recover and fill out nicely.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2009
1:11 AM

Post #6263409

One nice thing about this winter is that it has really deepened up the colors of the Black Bamboo.

Here's a shot ..

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2009
3:01 AM

Post #6263931

Ric, my hellebores look like that. And, if you've any black bamboo you're not using...☺

Monty and Isis were enjoying a bit of sun today. It was a tad too nippy for me.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2009 9:02 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2009
3:30 AM

Post #6264053

Celia I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do well there.
I'm about at the end of it's Zone... and it's in a very protected area.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
11:50 AM

Post #6264804

Good morning everyone!

Current temp. 39*/Feels like 39*
High today: 45*
Barometer: 30.32 in. & steady
Humidity: 87%
Visability: 10 mi.
Dewpoint: 36*
Wind: NNE @ 9 MPH
Sunrise: 7:18 AM
Sunset: 7:12 PM
Chance of Rain today: 90%

We should not be in a moderate drought situation after this!! Will be glad to see that big yellow ball again like Monty & Isis in Kwanjin's pic. I use to have a black kitty named "Purrs" and a white flame-point hemi called "Scarlett" I miss them both. Kitties are so sweet!

Ric: I think your hellebores look good and healthy. I'm sure they will perk back up. I have never seen them around here until this year at the nursery. They were beautiful and in full bloom.

Kel: The pics of the "mountains" are beautiful. Would make me want to take a walk out there. As I said before, flat flat here until you drive up the peninsula to Williamsburg. Then it get a little hilly but not much.

Bet the realtor will call and want to show the house to day. They always do when it's raining!!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
1:46 PM

Post #6265101

We are still under fog, never lifted. WX says it will lift today ummmmmhmmmm. Yesterday the temps didnt get over 62*. I dressed for 74* so I was a little chilled all day LOL!

Celia Cute pic! I love that overstuffed chair!
Kelli I would call them mountains also. Real mountains look like Alps to me LOL!
Have you ever cooked with fiddleneck ferns? Oh so good!
Mau Have fun at your DDs. So glad your SIL is doing well after surgery.
Kiska The snow is a great backdrop for you and your DH. You 2 look so happy together!
Ric LOL!
Celia - Monty and Isis are definitely enjoying the sunshine. I like the contrast of snow and grass.
Flip Yep when it rains there is nothing else for the tourists to do except shop for houses. The realtors beg for rain here LOL!

57.6 F
Fog
Humidity: 96%
Pressure: 30.18 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.2 miles

Today
Widespread dense fog in the morning...then partly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers in the afternoon. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. High 74. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

For some reason I don't believe WX today. Busy weekend here. The Concours D'Elegance is here. We aren't going this year because of the move. I wanted to move stuff over today, but I bet I can't get in and out of the subdivision due to parking. I just know someone has parked in "my" driveway and I won't be able to get to the house. The Gate River Run is this morning. Actually all the really fast people have already finished the race . The regular people will be dragging in for the next couple of hours LOL!

Gate River Run
http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/running/2009-03-14/story/gate_river_run_%E2%80%A2_825_am_today

Concours D'Elelgance
http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

This is what we've been living in for 2 days now. This is at our local airport. If you squint you can see parked private jets to the right LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:02 PM

Post #6265163

Sharon: I remember fog like you have there. When I had to go down to Mary Esther, FL last Dec. when my sister passed to her heavenly home, it was like the pic. you posted for four days. It was warm but the fog seemed to roll in off from the gulf. She only lived a mile from the gulf and Santa Rosa Island. I am going to miss going down there and sitting on that white sugar sand! My DS and I were real beach bums and she was real big into the sea turtle program. She was a volunteer for the Jackson Guard and drove an ATV up and down the beach locating turtle nest. They called her the "Turtle Lady". Wonderful memories!!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:26 PM

Post #6265229

I told you!!! Realtor just called and wants to show the house around 3:00 PM Got to get busy and start cleaning and getting it in the "show mode" again LOL Here's a pic of our livingroom.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:27 PM

Post #6265232

Here's another angle of the LR

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:29 PM

Post #6265239

Master BR

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:29 PM

Post #6265241

Front BR

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:30 PM

Post #6265246

Son's BR

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 10:31 AM

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #6265254

Flip - LOL! Your house is already in "show" condition! Love the matelasse bedspreads.
One of the things I want to do when (if I ever) retire is to join the sea turtle program here.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
2:33 PM

Post #6265255

Our DR. Don't know what all this has to do with Spring, except I hope we sell it this spring!! One more pic of the DR and you have a grand tour!!!

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

kiska

(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2009
2:39 PM

Post #6265282

22* ~ Sunrise will be at 8:15.
MySharona~fog is ok if you don't have go out into it; my least favorite of all weather. Sorry it's been there so long.
FF~good luck; the living room looks inviting and will make a good first impression, as will all the rooms.
kwanjin~the kitties are cozy and loving their lazy day. Very cute.
ric~nice seeing the new plants; it's going to be awhile till it happens in this area, so is good to watch spring's arrival on this thread.
A few days ago; DH enjoying the sunny day on the deck. It's once again snow covered.

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2009
3:40 PM

Post #6265575

Been cold and Grey for two days with freezing rain all day yesterday and last night.

I got a sinus infection and do not plan to do anything out in this lousy weather. Will stay inside where it is warm and dry.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2009
4:21 PM

Post #6265736

Drat! I just lost my entire post! Now I have to start all over. :o((

Flip--nice house but you surely better get all that clutter cleaned up! LOLOL Seriously, you sound like me--my realtor says I have the cleanest house in Cabot! Probably not true but I imagine I would run a close 2nd to whoever is in first place. I'm a clean freak--didn't use to be that way when my kids were home but I can afford to be obsessive about it now that there is only me--and Friday. Friday's four little paws sure do some major damage to a freshly vacuumed carpet, though! LOL
Celia: Isis and Monty on the beach!! LOL
Ric: My DD plugs in her regular keyboard to her laptop, too, especially if she is going to be doing a lot of writing. I'll have to do that when I get back home. I just discovered last night that I can put together my own "movies" with still photos and add music to it, too. I am going to try that after I get back from vacation. By the way, does that black bamboo spread rapidly? Down here you don't want bamboo in your yard unless you want a veritable "jungle" of it.
Kiska: good pic of you and the DH. You look a lot like the lady who draws my blood every month for my INR (I take coumadin and it has to be monitored regularly.) She is a sweetie and has become almost like a member of my family.

Sharon: I sure hope that fog goes away before I get to the beach on Tybee Island next week! Hope you get everything moved so you can come up and see me.

It's warmer here today but somewhat overcast. I'll take it though! better than more rain at this point in time.
Everyone have a good day!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 14, 2009
4:22 PM

Post #6265746

forgot to say that I hope you are feeling better soon, Dyson! A lot of folks down here have had sinus infections lately, too.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #6265791

Marsue: Wish I could meet you and Sharon at Tybee Island. That's in my future "neck of the woods". My DB has a home in Bluffton, SC near Hilton Head. Such beautiful lowcountry!! One more bedroom & bath to clean and I will be finished! LOL I needed to take a break and check on the peeps.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2009
4:37 PM

Post #6265801

Sunny, 37 F and rising after an overnight low of 19F. I started pruning the apple trees this morning. It's hard to believe how much new growth there is from one year to the next.

flipflops...Your GS looks pretty pleased with himself!

sharon...The new house is looking good! Strange weather here too. It's been sunny for the past couple of days and it's supposed to continue until Tues.

kelli...Looks like you have a lot of great hiking areas out there. I've backpacked quite a bit in the Rockies and Cascades but never did any hiking in CA. Have you ever done any hiking in the Sierras? I've always wanted to hike there.

Photo...Late Sept. evening in the Rockies.

early_bloomer

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
9:30 PM

Post #6267020

Flip I used to have some friends that lived in Navarre. That area is absolutely gorgeous and called The Emerald Coast. I used to frequent Tybee Island, but havent bee there in the past 4 years. Too many things going on I guess.
Kiska I agree about the driving in the fog. To me the 2nd worst is dusk and dawn. Your DH looks very comfy sitting on the porch. I know I would never tire of the view you have. You are blessed!
Dyson I hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections are rampant here too. Are you taking meds?
Mau and Flip I used to have the cleanest housebefore kids! Im going to hire my friend the queen of clean to come in once a month to keep us in line at the new place. I would rather be outside playing in the dirt and she would rather be inside cleaning up the dirt LOL! Wed both rather be at the beach! Im taking that whole week off to get situated and recharge my batteries. So you let me know when you get settled and Ill drive up for the day. Will you have Friday with you?
Flip My twin brother lived on Hilton Head in the late 80s. He hated moving away, but his wife (at the time) was from England and he transferred to Lakenheath AFB (UK) so she could be closer to her family.
E_B Thanks! We are excited about moving, if anything, just so we can all be in the living room at the same time without bumping into each other LOL! Beautiful picture!

61.7 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 80%
Wind: 3.2 mphfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 7.5 mph
Pressure: 30.12 in (Rising)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 8000 ft
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Now
Through 8 PM...patches of sea fog are developing along the beaches from near St Augustine to Mayport...Fernandina Beach...Jekyll Island and St Simons Island. Based on reports along the coast...visibilities will range from less than half a mile to about 4 miles between St Augustine and Fernandina Beach...while northward into southeast Georgia visibilities will be around 4 to 5 miles. If traveling along A1A and in and around beach communities...use low beams...reduce driving speed...and allow for plenty of room between you and other cars.

Tonight
Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers in the evening. Patchy fog in the evening...then areas of fog after midnight. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times after midnight. Low 59. Southeast winds 5 mph.

As I predicted (due to my psychic abilites ... NOT), we did not get over 62* today and the fog is still here ... sigh. Jeans, t-shirt and a hoodie were the fashion statement of the day. I took Peanut to Judy's store so she could have another mini-playdate with Lulu Belle. They played until they passed out. They are so cute together.

One of the lots for the Concours car trailers.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
9:31 PM

Post #6267025

One of the "parking lots" on a golf course to the left. On the right is the end of local airport.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
9:33 PM

Post #6267035

BFF's LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 14, 2009
9:48 PM

Post #6267088

Sharon, that is too cute! I can't believe that fog in Florida!How is the move in?
Pepper, you are in my thoughts and prayers . My condoleances for your cousin, such a tragedy!
Kiska, you and your DH are looking great!
Kelli, congratulations for the root canal ! Great pics!
Flip, your house looks awesome, so clean!
Mau, I'm so happy your SIL is at home. I hope he's feeling well.
Celia, the kitties are so happy in the sun!
Marylyn , that great you found the little kitty!
Joey, very soon JW will be posting here too, as a young DGer!LOL
Farmg irl, how's the snow?
Ric, you must be thrilled that spring is coming at your place!
It's been a long week and even a longer Saturday! I had some workers for doing ceiling of the terraces and they left very late. The thing is we were expecting them on Monday and DH even took a day off to be with them, but they didn't show up...no call, nothing. They were recommended by a friend of ours and he had to call their boss for explanations. They still have more to do and I hope they will finish it soon. The work it was supposed to be done long ago, but since the contractor decided not to finish our house, we had to finish it and pay once more for what we had already paid .
I have a good news though, we just planted our first 2 fruit trees : a cherry and a sour cherry. I want an apricot tree too, but we couldn't find any yet.
Here are the trees and one of the workers painting the ceiling with oil.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 14, 2009
9:50 PM

Post #6267098

The trees before planting.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
10:07 PM

Post #6267166

Sharon: My sister and I use to go to Navarre Beach. Such wonderful memories. I have a pic (not digital) of her and I coming out of the water after snorkeling with our mask still on. We looked like something coming out of the deep!! LOL How is you move coming along?? Sounds like the fog is all the way up to St. Simons. The property we bought is only about 3 or 4 miles from St. Simons Island. Such a beautiful place!! Can't wait to get down there.

Adina: You sure did a get job on planting your fruit trees. I know they are going to like their new home in your yard.

Sharon: Those babies in that picture are adorable!!!

Early-Bloomer: That photo is awesome!! What a view!!

Realtor just called and said a young couple (first time homebuyers) fell in love with our house. Please all you peeps...keep your many fingers crossed!!! And I don't keep my house spotless all the time when I am living normally. I much rather be out in the yard digging in the dirt or bird watching OR ANYTHING BESIDES CLEANING THIS STUPID HOUSE LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2009
10:19 PM

Post #6267208

Doing the dance for you, FF!!! LOL Your house looks very tidy and doesn't seem you have to do much.

Sharon, I love the fog as long as I can watch and not be in it.

That's too bad, Ric. I have a Chinese pot just itching for some bamboo.

Get better, Dyson. Sinus infections can be the worst.

54F and this is the high today. So nice!
Feels like: 54F

Barometer: 29.8 in ↓
Dewpoint: 27
Humidity: 35%
Wind: 6 mph
Sunrise: 7:40 AM
Sunset: 7:33 PM
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Weeping cherry. It'll fill out soon. The buds are opening ever so slightly.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 4:21 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2009
10:21 PM

Post #6267219

Adina & Flip Thanks! Peanut and Lulu Belle are a joy to watch. They really get along that well the entire time they spend together.
Adina Why are they painting oil on the ceiling? Cant you go after the contractor for the work you paid for yet didnt receive?
Flip Consider my fingers crossed!!!! Good luck! Amen sista LOL!! We'll leave the cleaning to Mitzi LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 14, 2009
10:58 PM

Post #6267362

E_B, it has been a long, long time since I've been to the Sierras.

FlipFlops, the house looks show quality to me. My place usually looks like there has been through and earthquake and a dust storm. I've said to DH that if we ever have to put the house up for sale, I don't know how we'll keep it clean from day to day. I'm such a mess magnet.

Sharon, the doggies are so cute! I missed something somewhere along the line. Is Lulu Belle yours?

Adina, I'm sorry to hear that you've had contractor problems. That must be a worldwide problem.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on March 14, 2009
63 F
Haze
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 47 F
Wind: 7 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.93 in (Falling)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
Clouds: Few 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

hiking pictures from today - chocolate lily

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 14, 2009

Post #6267368

shooting stars

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 14, 2009
11:01 PM

Post #6267374

wild sweetpea

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 14, 2009
11:03 PM

Post #6267381

Indian paintbrush

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 14, 2009
11:04 PM

Post #6267387

They really glow in overcast weather

Thumbnail by Kelli

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2009
3:40 AM

Post #6268662

Thanks for the tip on the laptop keyboard. Never occured to me I could plug in a regular one. (Duh!) Thank you Henry10.

Beautiful day, temps up to 50 deg. My husband and I removed a 20 yr old picket fence and burned it. I have been hand cleaning daylily foliage and stalks. Ran the lawnmower for the first time today to take care of stuff that grew up along the fence. We made two trenches with the big wheeled cultivator and will drop in spring scallions tomorrow, cover them and forget about the garden for another 4 weeks. Ground is frozen 2inches below the surface and any daylilies I dig will not survive in different spot or pots.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
12:03 PM

Post #6269560

Good morning all!

Rain today near half an inch
High: 47*
Currently: 41* and light rain
Barometer: 30.18 in. & steady
Humidity: 100%
Visability: 9 Mi
Dewpoint: 41*
Wind: NNE @ 5 MPH
Sunrise: 7:16 AM
Sunset: 7:13 PM

Today I am going to ask my DH to start building an ark!!! I want to get out and take pics. of spring but can't turn off mother nature's spicket! Seriously, this is very beneficial to lessen our drought situation since last year.

Kelli: I love the photos taken during your hike. That must have been so much fun.

Realtor was on my answering machine when we got back from going to get a bite to eat, and said the clients want to come back out to the house this afternoon. They would like for us to stay here for any questions they might have. It's a young engaged couple and the realtor said they really love the house. I'm kind of nervous LOL
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
1:04 PM

Post #6269781

The fog is still here LOL!

Kelli Lulu Belle (1 year old) belongs to a friend of mine. She and Peanut (5 months) are best friends. They love being together, so we set up play dates for them. I really like the shooting stars. I dont think Ive seen them before.
Se_eds You do more in 1 day than most people I know!
Flip Send those showers my way! How exciting and scary to meet the new potential owners! Im sure it will go well. They probably want to know why you want to move. Tell them you are ready to move to your other home on the East Coast.

61.0 F
Fog
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 58 F
Pressure: 30.12 in (Steady)
Visibility: 0.1 miles

Today
Partly cloudy. Warmer. Widespread dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. High 79. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #6270083

I see sky!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2009
2:30 PM

Post #6270108

Well yesterday was a LOOOOONGGGGG one.
First off loading about our entire work shop's worth of tools...and 5 closet doors... then the 90 minute drive...
We spent about 3 hours measuring, banging, drilling and writing down a supplies list for the repairs to Robyn's Parent's House.
We had Dad's 90th Birthday Party at 7 PM and about 4 hours to kill by then.
So we decided to go ahead and start the kitchen demo.
That's always the toughest job.
Made tougher in this case by 50+ year old metal cabinets w/ a live gas pipe running though the base cabs. So no smash and haul here!
3 hours, 4 reciprocating saw blades, 3 cut and one smashed finger ...it was all hauled out.
MAN I hate flat blade old screws... no power tools... just hand cranking.
All the drywall under the base cabs will have to be torn down and replaced w/ Backer and we found old termite damage under a window.
That was expected.

The Birthday Party was a success. It took us 10 minutes to find Dad.
He slides around the place in his wheel chair and you never know where he'll be! LOL!
I'll get a picture up here sometime today.

Off to get some more supplies for the FPR... AFTER we unload the car.
It was after 10 PM when we got home... !

Ric

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #6270130

Forgot to add 46 and cloudy going for 60!

Ric
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
3:01 PM

Post #6270243

Ric, after reading your post, I was exhausted LOL That was an extremely busy day!! Wonderful about your father celebrating his 90th birthday. You must come from good stock!! Remember to take a least a short period of time to catch up on some rest. I would love to see a birthday pic. of your dad! Glad the weather is getting warmer for you too.

Sharon, send some of that sun this way!!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2009
4:49 PM

Post #6270686

Still Cold and Wet but at least I am feeling better than yesterday.
cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2009
5:06 PM

Post #6270759

Northwestern Missouri: THINGS ARE LOOKING UP HERE!!
Tulips,daffodils, etc. are coming up, Look up and the geese and ducks are migrating north, look up and the sun is higher and the days are longer, the thermometer is going to be up more this week, and my point is that spring is almost here. Yea!! I love spring.

Cuckoo

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2009
5:20 PM

Post #6270828

Welcome, Cuckoo! ☺ Spring is wonderful, isn't it?

46F with 46 for the high. Without the breeze, it feels warmer than this. 60 coming soon!
Feels like: 46F

Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 32
Humidity: 57%
Wind: 11 mph NNE
Sunrise: 7:39 AM
Sunset: 7:34 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 15, 2009
6:41 PM

Post #6271160

64 here.
Snow is going fast.
Windy from south.
To muddy to do much outside. May try to do something later.
Sun is shining bright too.
Hey Cuckoo, didn't dawn on me who you were when I was reading.
Hey, everybody, this guy makes a terrific Blackberry Crisp.

Bernie
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 15, 2009
7:37 PM

Post #6271396

No rain in the forecast. We might be done for the year.

Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on March 15, 2009
58 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 44 F
Wind: 5 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.09 in (Steady)
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2800 ft
Mostly Cloudy 4500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

some more pictures from yesterday - ceanothus

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 15, 2009
7:37 PM

Post #6271398

poison oak - These flowers actually are fragrant.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 15, 2009
7:38 PM

Post #6271402

The yellow flowers are probably goldfields.

Thumbnail by Kelli

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 15, 2009
9:28 PM

Post #6271851

Grand kids came over this afternoon. We had cake & snacks for grandson's & Great Grandmas birthdays. Grandson will be 12 tomorrow & GG will be 91 on Wed.
She still lives alone in an apartment in Madelia. We have her at our house quite often.
I printed out this picture & laminated it to give to her. She loves pictures of family.

Bernie

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
10:32 PM

Post #6272162

Ric You did have a busy day! I hope you took some time to relax today.
Dyson Glad you are feeling better today. Now, get some more rest!
Welcome Cuckoo! I heard through the grapevine that you make an awesome blackberry crisp. Wanna share that recipe? LOL!
Celia Pretty sunrise!
Kelli The last picture looks like my lawn in pollen season LOL!
Bernie Thats a great picture! 89 years between GG & GGS. She looks great!

70.2 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Wind: 4.8 mph
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 76 F
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 7000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 61. Southwest winds 5 mph.

We topped off at 79 today. Got a little beach time in (1 hour) then back to the moving drudgery. Jeff and Gary just hauled over a lot of the lawn "stuff". I've got spaghetti, garlic bread and salads waiting for the moving grunts to come home!

Looks fierce, but it's all in fun :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 15, 2009

Post #6272210

Sharon, check your math. It should be 79, not 89.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
10:45 PM

Post #6272224

LOL - My only excuse is my entire body is tired from packing/moving LOL!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 15, 2009
10:50 PM

Post #6272245

We'll forgive you this time, don't let it happen again. LOL!
I would hate to have to move. I think I would have an auction & not pack a thing.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2009
11:19 PM

Post #6272372

You peeps certainly make it hard to catch up!
Celia: the weeping cherry will really be pretty when it fills out. Nice sunset.
YAY, Sharon will get to come see me on Tybee Island!! I can hardly wait. Pea and LulaBelle are precious! No I won't have Friday with me. We decided it would be too much to have 4 kids and 3 dogs come along, too! My best friend and her daughter both have long-haired dachsunds and we are boarding all 3 doggies at the same place in Cabot so they won't be lonely. We're still taking the kids--LOL
Flip--let us know about the house sale--sounds like a good prospect for you! Now cross your fingers for me!
EB:; good photo of the Rockies but it looks like the pine beetle has done some damage in that area. :o((
Kelli: more great hiking photos--unusual flowers--at least some I have never heard of before. Please keep the poison oak away from me!!
Adina: Yay, you have fruit trees! We have the same problem with construction folk over here.
Ric: I'm tired, too, from just reading everything you did! Congrats to your Dad on his 90th.
Bernie: congrats to GG on her 91st--that's a great photo!
Welcome, Cuckoo! We all love spring, too, and are really looking forward to it, when it decides to stick around!

Warmer today--in the 60's partly sunny, partly cloudy.

Here's Friday meeting some cows: You should have seen this in person--hilarious!

Thumbnail by marsue

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
11:19 PM

Post #6272376

Sharon: I wouldn't mind being one of those moving grunts...dinner sounds mighty fine!!!
Cuckoo: I would love that recipe also LOL Welcome!!
Bernie: Your GG looks wonderful. That is a great pic. Is that your GG or is it your DW's GG? Y'all come from good stock too!!
Kwanjan: Pretty sunrise!
Kelli: Your photos are all so pretty!!! I agree with Sharon, last one looks like pollen around here, which will be here in a matter of a few weeks! When it comes, everyone has different makes and models of vehicles but they are all the same color...YELLOW!!!!!

I'm mentally pooped!!! Spent two hours this afternoon with prospective buyers and the realtor. They are the same ones that were here yesterday. I hope they make an offer and it's one we can accept. A very very nice young couple and I would love to see them buy our home. I know it would be well taken care of.

PS Still raining!!!!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2009
11:20 PM

Post #6272382

here's one of Friday and a cow "up close and personal"

Thumbnail by marsue

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2009
11:31 PM

Post #6272436

The sun is nearly on the horizon and the temp. has quickly dropped from a high of 59F to 47F. after a beautiful Spring day. I went for my first bike ride of '09 this afternoon... and saw my first robin smushed on the road. Spring is truly here!

I pruned a few more apple trees and built a frame for a raised garden today. I bought one of those Fiskars Pruning Sticks yesterday and it sure makes the job quicker and easier.

Kelli...You will let us know when you publish your Field Guide to the Flora of the California Hills won't you?

Here's the first bike ride photo of the year. It's maple syrup time!

early_bloomer

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 15, 2009
11:56 PM

Post #6272564

Flip, she is my Mother in Law. Her mother lived to old age also, 88 years.

Going to make a herding dog out of Friday ?
Cows don't look to scared.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
11:57 PM

Post #6272571

Good evening! :-) It's 53 and not raining at the moment. It's still really overcast, though, so it could rain again. We've gotten nearly 3 inches of rain over the past 3 days, and we needed every drop of it. Hopefully some of it fell farther west in Texas, too, where they are under much more severe drought conditions than we were. Tomorrow it will be sunny and in the upper 70s, and it will be in the 80s for most of the rest of the week... Back to our regularly scheduled spring. :-)

I'm praying for quick sales for both of your houses, FlipFlops and Marilyn!!

Bernie, yayyy! Minnesota made it into the big dance! Their bracket is going to be tough, though... They'll have to play Texas first, and then probably Duke... yikes. Actually, all 7 teams from the Big Ten are going to have a rough time making it very far, with the possible exception of Michigan State. The photo is great. :-)

Marilyn, I would have loved to have seen Friday meeting the cows! Was he scared at first, or did he want to make friends?

Blackberry Crisp... Yummm...

How much rain did you actually get this winter, Kelli? Not much, it seems like...

That's a beautiful sunset, Celia!

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Dyson!! Sinus infections are awful. :-P

Ric, I'm thinking you slept REALLY well last night! Wow... Happy birthday to Dad. :-)

Adina, I'm sorry getting your house finished is still being such a pain. Did they finish the terrace ceiling? The fruit trees sound wonderful! Cherries... yumm!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53pm CDT (3 min ago)
Temperature 54 F 12 C
Dew Point 50 F 10 C
Humidity 86%
Pressure 30.09 in 1018.8 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir N 350
Ceiling 1300 ft 396 m
Visibility 7 mi 11.3 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
Remarks Trace precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53pm CDT : 51.1F / 10.6C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53pm CDT : 54.0F / 12.2C
3 hour precipitation ending 6:53pm CDT : 0.08"

Tonight Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers in the evening. Patchy fog after midnight, dense in areas. Lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming north after midnight.

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2009
11:59 PM

Post #6272584

E_B, I love the photo of the sugar maples!! :-)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 15, 2009
11:59 PM

Post #6272588

Well, it has been a gorgeous weekend but until today I couldn't enjoy it. I got sick and had stuff coming out both ends. Today I am finally feeling almost normal and even got to go to the store. I was so glad to get out of the sick house for awhile!!

We were sunny and warm today but now cooling down and dusky out.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 16, 2009
12:06 AM

Post #6272622

I don't know the particulars on a lot of the teams, but here's an observation. Kansas plays in Minneapolis. Their best player is from Minneapolis. Michigan State plays in Minneapolis, one on their team is from a suburb. North Dakota plays here also, close to home for them.
Minnesota & Duke in same bracket! A no brainer if they both win their first game. Tubby Smith against Coach K. Wow it would be talked about forever.
Tubby plans on winning the Big Ten next year. He has a super recruiting class, 4 guys, coming.
Only 2 of this years group graduate.

Do you like Texas ?
NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 16, 2009
12:12 AM

Post #6272654

Yeah NDSU! A lot of small town boys going to the big show! Woop Woop! Proud of our boys!
NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 16, 2009
12:13 AM

Post #6272664

It got to 47 degrees, made it pretty sloppy and wet, but lots of snow to melt.

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 16, 2009
12:32 AM

Post #6272758

Marylyn, today there was a Dodger spring training game on t.v. and Brad Ausmus played. I told him to hit one for you but he rolled out to third. We have gotten something like 10 1/2 inches of rain this winter.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Pepper and Dyson.

E_B, it's kind of funny that you say that. DH says that I should write a book, but there are already two books on plants of the Santa Monica Mountains. That's a lot for a tiny mountain range.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2009
12:42 AM

Post #6272803

Yes, Sharon, all in fun and Boo wants nothing to do with them! LOL

Now that the cat is out of the bag on the blackberry crisp, ya gotta share some!!!

Never had maple syrup straight from the tree but I hear it's wonderful.

Still doing the mojo dance for FF and Mau!!!

Does look sloppy, NDF.

We got to 60! Yea!!! Cats and I sat outside resting our backs and I had to take my outer layer of "fur" (Hoodie) off. Whew, it was warm!

Crocus blooming indoors.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2009
1:05 AM

Post #6272925

Welcome, Cuckoo!

ND I see bare ground there!

Kelli those shots are perfect. I love to see the drought tolerant flowers blooming.
It looks like a High Country Gardens commercial!

I did sleep in a bit.
Bed by midnight asleep by 1:45 up at 8:15 (and a 45 minute power nap this afternoon)
We took it easy today.
First the great car unload! lol!
Went shopping and got some supplies at HD.
4 more sheets of HardieBacker for the FPR and they had a clearance on Smoke detectors.
I grabbed 4 at 1/2 off!
Then I walked around getting some Spring pics.
It actually feels Spring... not that warm Winter stuff.
The Sun has a strong heat to it and the air has that smell.
I was in sandals w/ temps in the mid 60's.
Then as Robyn moved stuff to work in the room... I cleaned the Hot Tub.
Twice a year I drain it, scrub it down, change the filter and the reload.
Easy work and w/ the sump pump and garden hose takes about 2 hours.
Reading by 3PM! lol!

Here's a Crocus shot.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #6272949

LOL!
I cross posted w/ you Celia!

Here's the future Naked Lilies

Thumbnail by henryr10

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 16, 2009
1:11 AM

Post #6272954

Only place I know of where you can get the Blackberry crisp is at Iowa Round Up. Don't be pushy, I'll be first in line.

NDFarmgirl, did you get to any of their games ?
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #6272970

And Fuki!
Japanese Butterburr or Petasites japonica

Thumbnail by henryr10

NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

March 16, 2009
1:28 AM

Post #6273045

Country Gardens - Yah - we make 2 or 3 home games each season. My 11-year-old gets to be the ball boy for a few games, which he loves.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2009
2:00 AM

Post #6273216

That's WAY more than I did, Ric! LOL I cleaned out out sticks from one plant. Then, I sat in the backyard, reading.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2009
9:02 AM

Post #6274104

News flash - at 5:01 am it is dark.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2009
10:03 AM

Post #6274188

Mau Those are the cutest pictures of Friday and the cows!
Flip I hope your house sells quickly!
E_B I wouldnt mind some of that maple syrup!
Pepper Oh you poor thing. So glad you are feeling better.
NDF You and Kiska have the most snow! LOL!
Celia Are you taking relaxation courses from Monty? Pretty crocus! Yeah, Boo is unimpressed with the doggie antics.
Ric YAY! Spring is moving in!
Bernie LOL guess I need to start watching the IRU forum!
Dyson LOL! Its still DysonDark here too! How are you feeling today?

Waving to Rann and Deb is you two are lurking!

62.6 F
Overcast
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 57 F
Pressure: 30.15 in (Steady)
Visibility: 0.2 miles

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 79. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Cool front moving through tonight. Looking forward to it. I don't like mixing moving and sweat LOL! The last yard sale is scheduled for Saturday. My friend is bringing more stuff so it will be worth it. She just changed out her daughters bedroom furniture and some living room stuff too. So far I'm not really getting rid of much from picking through things. I'm pretty good about not be a pck rat. The only thing I am a pack rat about are family things - just stuff that bring back good memories.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2009
11:41 AM

Post #6274330

Starting a new thread. We've moved here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/963261/

This message was edited Mar 16, 2009 7:44 AM
cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

March 19, 2009
12:52 AM

Post #6287450

Hi everyone. Love this weather thread but admit I'm not consistent about getting on my computer as much as I'd like. There's just to many things (family, work, etc.) that keeps me hopping around more than I like at times. Sure like seeing everyones weather pictures on here. CountryGardens and I meet at the Iowa Roundup a few years ago. He is so nice and enjoys the plants, food, and people who come to the roundup. What a great group of gardeners who get together there each year. I love going and always bring home lots of nice plants.
Looks like cooler weather tonight(30's) then we may go into a rainy period possibly this weekend. Midwest weather can be fickled and hard to predict in the spring. Did I say spring??? Boy does that have a nice ring to it... Officially day after tomorrow spring will finally be here. I sure am ready for warmer days.
Cuckoo

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America