Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers: forgetting what I've ordered

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardening Mistakes as TeachersReplies: 2, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #6256006

One of my biggest mistakes, and I still make it now and then, is to order bulbs or plants and forget I ordered them. They show up and I'm not ready to plant them. Using my blog here on Dave's has helped.
kentstar
Ravenna, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2009
8:13 AM

Post #6274082

I keep a spread sheet of plants on my computer. That way I don't forget. Of course, if I forget to put it in the spread sheet... lol

kentstar
cedar18
Lula, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2009
9:44 PM

Post #6276840

Very nice article - good to remind us to share our mistakes instead of burying them. :)

cathy4, I am using DG's journal and blog more and more and have always had the same problem about ordering plants. A few years ago I forced myself to write down on the order blank where I planned on putting said purchases. It has helped a lot when those boxes of bulbs arrive and you think, who in the dickens ordered all these?

Kenstar, I guess I'm using DG journal as a spreadsheet for that purpose. For my seeds this year, I used the location field in the DG journal to note where I planned on putting all the, hopefully many, little plants.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wood ash onewish1 4 Mar 16, 2009 8:39 AM
Always learning Hemophobic 1 Mar 13, 2009 1:44 AM
Overuse of herbicide wannadanc 0 Mar 12, 2009 10:47 PM
A learning experience, soive2000 0 Mar 16, 2009 10:51 AM
Thank goodness we ran out of money MaryAS 1 Mar 16, 2009 7:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America