-
AuthorContent
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #6256006

One of my biggest mistakes, and I still make it now and then, is to order bulbs or plants and forget I ordered them. They show up and I'm not ready to plant them. Using my blog here on Dave's has helped.
kentstar
Ravenna, OH
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2009
8:13 AM

Post #6274082

I keep a spread sheet of plants on my computer. That way I don't forget. Of course, if I forget to put it in the spread sheet... lol

kentstar
cedar18
Lula, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2009
9:44 PM

Post #6276840

Very nice article - good to remind us to share our mistakes instead of burying them. :)

cathy4, I am using DG's journal and blog more and more and have always had the same problem about ordering plants. A few years ago I forced myself to write down on the order blank where I planned on putting said purchases. It has helped a lot when those boxes of bulbs arrive and you think, who in the dickens ordered all these?

Kenstar, I guess I'm using DG journal as a spreadsheet for that purpose. For my seeds this year, I used the location field in the DG journal to note where I planned on putting all the, hopefully many, little plants.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wood ash onewish1 4 Mar 16, 2009 8:39 AM
Always learning Hemophobic 1 Mar 13, 2009 1:44 AM
Overuse of herbicide wannadanc 0 Mar 12, 2009 10:47 PM
A learning experience, soive2000 0 Mar 16, 2009 10:51 AM
Thank goodness we ran out of money MaryAS 1 Mar 16, 2009 7:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America