Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers: Overuse of herbicide

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardening Mistakes as TeachersReplies: 0, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

March 12, 2009
10:47 PM

Post #6258025

My dumb dumb move was horrific. I read the label - it said that established evergreens could withstand application of said herbicide. I was desiring to keep weeds from growing in and around my 2 year old Douglas Fir that I had rescued from a work site and planted along the length of my easement road. Too much of anything is NOT good, but I didn't know that - until I noted the new soft whip of top growth drooping as if water was badly needed. I wish it had been that simple. I lost every single tree, except one - which serves to show me what "might have been". In the years since, of course, I am become much better educated and prudent about any "killer" products.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wood ash onewish1 4 Mar 16, 2009 8:39 AM
Always learning Hemophobic 1 Mar 13, 2009 1:44 AM
forgetting what I've ordered cathy4 2 Mar 16, 2009 9:44 PM
A learning experience, soive2000 0 Mar 16, 2009 10:51 AM
Thank goodness we ran out of money MaryAS 1 Mar 16, 2009 7:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America