-
AuthorContent
Glenda_Michigan
Fowlerville, MI
(Zone 5b)

March 16, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #6275395

For lack of a better title, I would appreciate some help learning about "Survival/Crisis Gardening". What I would like to do is educate myself and prepare for a "food crisis" in the event of a catastrophic event in our country that ends our ability to go to the grocery store to get our food and we need to live off our own land again. I need to find varieties of seeds that will produce not only their 'fruit' but also produce seeds to plant for the following year. I need to learn how much seed you need per acre, how many acres per family, what the best crops are to meet nutritional needs, etc.? ...Do you follow what I mean? If anyone here knows what I'm talking about (LOL) I would deeply appreciate their help. :) ...Hopefully the "need" will never happen, but I think it's wise to be prepared.

Also, If you know of anyone on here who is a wiz at doing Survival/Crisis gardening, please point me in their direction. :)

Can't wait to hear from you all!
Thanks!
Glenda

This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Farm Life Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
can chicken and rabbits get along? Minnie 6 Jul 8, 2009 12:56 AM
Let's meet the new folks MaryE 64 Aug 23, 2008 2:40 AM
Seasoning fresh bacon? Lana 3 Oct 27, 2007 7:05 AM
Help! Chickens Won't Initiate Egg Laying.... gidgrower 27 Apr 6, 2008 1:18 AM
This is a Great Forum!!!! JodyC 28 Jul 6, 2007 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America