Passiflora hunting

West Des Moines, IA

I am new to DG and the Passiflora forum but have really enjoyed going through the archive on past activity. I am excited to get the opportunity to interact with those in the DG Passie community. Has anyone ever come across plants of Pass Corry Rooymans (Rosa Stern x alata) or Pass Marijke (x decaisneana x caerulea)? They seem to be available in Europe but I have yet to see them here in the States....they are both good growers and great red hybrids to boot!

I also have plants that would love to trade with other Passiholics. Drop me a DG mail and share whatever stories or just introduce yourself. Thanks.

Gulfport, FL(Zone 9b)

Try joining the International Passiflora Society. You may find seeds and plants via the membership, but the more exotic Germanic types are difficult to obtain (unless you know a gnome in high places).

;-)

West Des Moines, IA

Thanks for the info....I spent many years as a member of the PSI and made some real nice connections with John MacDougal and others. I am ready to venture out for more excitung breeding, especially since breeding reds doesn't seem to be a high priority with American Passiflora hybridizers. Mostly primary and complex blues and lavenders.

Gulfport, FL(Zone 9b)

Have you tried Margrit Reiner of Sementes Seeds? She's had some hybrid seeds in the past. I know they don't always come true to form, but genes are genes...
Sometimes it works out.
I wish the Ulmers sold seed.
Then again...I don't.
I'd be broke.
:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.