Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers: Thank goodness we ran out of money

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardening Mistakes as TeachersReplies: 1, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MaryAS
Johnson City, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 16, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #6275603

My worst mistake didn't happen, because luckily (?) we couldn't afford to cut down the huge evergreen in our new front yard which appeared to be completely dead soon after we moved into the house on the hill in Rochester, NY. (This was almost forty years ago and I remember it vividly.) We looked out at that "dead" tree ruining our view and hoped we'd be able to take it down soon. In Spring, it came alive gloriously and we enjoyed it for many years except for its "dead" period in winter. Someone identified it later as a metasequoia. I'm not sure that's what it was - I don't find that metasequoias shed their needles, and apparently they're pretty rare. I drove by that home every time we visited Rochester for many years and it was still there last time I looked.
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 16, 2009
7:04 PM

Post #6276241

Thank goodness this mistake didn't happen. Sometimes good things do happen to po' folks!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wood ash onewish1 4 Mar 16, 2009 8:39 AM
Always learning Hemophobic 1 Mar 13, 2009 1:44 AM
forgetting what I've ordered cathy4 2 Mar 16, 2009 9:44 PM
Overuse of herbicide wannadanc 0 Mar 12, 2009 10:47 PM
A learning experience, soive2000 0 Mar 16, 2009 10:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America