Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers: Mistakes: Learning on the Job

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardening Mistakes as TeachersReplies: 0, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SunnyBorders
Aurora, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 17, 2009
2:10 PM

Post #6279951

And does it get better?
As a long-time perennial gardener, I am sure that the worst mistakes I have made involve initially using badly behaved and difficult to manage (invasive!) plants. I now know what to avoid (at least usually). Sometimes, however, a plant is perfectly behaved in one location, soil type, amount of moisture, etc; but amazingly unruly in another.
And, of course, there's also the other side of the coin, sometimes a plant lives happily in one location, soil type, amount of moisture, etc, but lingers and dies in another. But that's not so bad. It's so much easier to buy another plant than to stop an invasion.
Sunny

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening Mistakes as Teachers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wood ash onewish1 4 Mar 16, 2009 8:39 AM
Always learning Hemophobic 1 Mar 13, 2009 1:44 AM
forgetting what I've ordered cathy4 2 Mar 16, 2009 9:44 PM
Overuse of herbicide wannadanc 0 Mar 12, 2009 10:47 PM
A learning experience, soive2000 0 Mar 16, 2009 10:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America