Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beekeeping: Bee stings for RA

Communities > Forums > Beekeeping
bookmark
Forum: BeekeepingReplies: 7, Views: 85
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 18, 2009
1:48 PM

Post #6284472

Has anybody tried this personally? I have heard it's been used for ages and recent studies have actally proven it works but the medical community is clueless.
knpeterson
Waynesville, MO

March 31, 2009
12:41 AM

Post #6342573

I am awaiting my first shipment of bees. My mother has RA and I am trying to convince her to try this. I have read a lot of postive stuff about it. Good luck!
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

March 31, 2009
12:53 AM

Post #6342634

It is still too cold here for bees, but I'll keep a look out for them. i don't have my own hives but I should be able to catch a few this summer. It's supposed to work really well with methotrexate.
marriell
Hudsonville, MI

April 6, 2009
10:31 PM

Post #6374139

I started keeping bee's last year and stumbled across someone saying that bee stings helped his soar back. So I began researching Bee Venom Therapy. I started to sting my elbow that was hurting for almost a year from splitting wood and painting for a living. I always had to wear a brace around my elbow, but after a couple treatments last summer I haven't used a brace since. I sting myself if it starts to ache. I also tried it on my dad who has neuropathy in his feet from diabetes. When I first started, he couldn't even feel the bee stings then he started to complain that it hurt. To me that seems that it was helping, but he moved down to Florida for the winter.

Hope that helps
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 7, 2009
1:39 AM

Post #6375149

I have heard about the bee stings for sore backs and also for people with MS, but don't know anyone that does it.
cbrandenburg
Freedom, PA
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2009
12:25 PM

Post #6385766

My DH works for Norfolk and Southern Railroad and his hearing was bad because of all the noise. Last spring we started with 1 hive and he got stung a few time around his ears and last fall when he had to have his hearing checked at work his hearing test improved, we couldn't believe that. He is hearing much better now. We now have 2 hives and he plans on splitting the first one later in the season.
ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 9, 2009
6:33 PM

Post #6387509

I have actually read that hearing loss can be due to autoimmune process, so I can understand how bee stings would help in that regard.
lolalaska
Pensacola, FL

April 20, 2009
12:52 PM

Post #6436187

There is an Apitherapy site for anyone interested in the medicinal properties of bee stinging and other uses for bee products. Google American Apitherapy Society.
Honey is an antiseptic; propolis has many uses (that's the stuff they 'glue' the hive together with...the bees, not the keepers!) Local pollen for local allergies; the list goes on.
I have had MS for close to 50 yrs. Still walking, etc. Can't owe it all to bee stings, but it helps. They don't know why exactly (no $$ in researching it for 'Big Drug') but bee venom seems to help many autoimmune disorders. Just make sure you're not allergic (not being able to breathe is the only true allergy, anaphylactic shock).
Beekeeping is a great hobby. Great for the garden, environment (they're disappearing, that's another story...) Most towns, cities have a local beekeeping association too. And they LOVE to mentor new beekeepers!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beekeeping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
To catch a honey bee... WUVIE 10 Mar 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Dead Bees countryfarms 17 Oct 7, 2010 11:42 AM
New Beekeepers SwarmCatcher 10 Sep 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Bee sting - bee stinger mygardens 27 Nov 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Bees in the ground starlight1153 45 Sep 9, 2009 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America