Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Plant Select's new book: A resource for all gardeners: Great book to check out

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Select's new book: A resource for all gardeners
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Select's new book: A resource for all gardenersReplies: 2, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
duchessdreams
Reno, NV

March 18, 2009
10:12 PM

Post #6286708

Very informative. Thanks:)
cerridwenn
Farmington, NM
(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2009
5:37 PM

Post #6308512

does the content include high desert or just high plains?

it would be really nice to find out about some things that thrive in both really cold winters AND really hot dry summers... but i won't hold my breath.
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

March 23, 2009
6:31 PM

Post #6308740

I think a lot of the plants in the book would do great in the high desert. If you wanted to contact the director Pat Hayward, her email can be found on their website. She's really helpful adn I'm sure could answer your questions for sure. But if I had to bet money, I'd say many of the shrubs and perennials in the book would do very well in your climate.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Select's new book: A resource for all gardeners Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks Sharran 1 Mar 19, 2009 2:36 PM
" Native Plants Of the Northeast" Margerem 0 Mar 23, 2009 9:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America