Thumbnail by haighr
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2009
2:59 PM

Post #6294679

Now really I don't celebrate birthdays and last year's 24 hour party was fabulous but I am getting older than dirt these days. Will be having granddaughter and Tim & Amy and new baby to be arriving later today for the weekend and am not sure when they will be going home.
Will try to pop in tomorrow to say hello and then will be back on Sunday late afternoon or early evening. But then it is back to work on Monday so I won't be drinking all night this time and dancing on tables and such, lest that is what I say for now LOL!
Just a simple Happy B-day from my DG friends in the cafe is more than sufficient so please don't get carried away (you know who you are LOL)!!!
Bless all your hearts,
Candee
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2009
5:06 PM

Post #6295289

Who.. whooooose getting carried away.. not no one I know... LOL!

Shes gone.. so hurry up someone bring in the marching band and find a place to hide them and your prezzies hehehe!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 20, 2009
5:27 PM

Post #6295387

hi all
let the party start
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2009
5:39 PM

Post #6295440

Hey I am not completely gone, just hiding in the bathroom and am peeking through the peep hole that the previous owner had put in. So I am watching your antics and checking to make sure you don't get wild on me LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2009
6:12 PM

Post #6295565

Whaaache talking about elles!? Ya think she suspects?
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #6295607

LOL, did anyone notice that I made this the Flower Pot cafe??? Now don't get the wrong idea!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #6295664

SShhhhs... she does not see us! shes just babbling to herself!!

Mime: who is she talking too? whaaaat flower arrangements! hehehehe! anyone bring her cake?

Use your secret hiding place indoor voices everyone.. snicker!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 20, 2009
7:01 PM

Post #6295761

Hi everyone, Welcome to anyone new who might pop in for a cuppa!

We have 20 tables in here, our 20th Flowerpot Cafe' . We like to have a bunch of fresh flowers on the tables everyday! Please help us to decorate with your arrangements.

Candee, Thank you for starting the new thread with such a lovely arrangement!
You must be exhaused preparing the new Cafe', you have an early night dear... LoL!
See you tomorrow!

Psssssssst!!!! Blossom, call me when the coast is clear!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 21, 2009
5:16 AM

Post #6298074

When a friend is feelin' "older than dirt"
A bit of chocolate cake can't hurt...
I'll purdy it up with a spray of black roses
and a single candle so we won't need fire hoses.

Candee, I want to wish you a beautiful day,
and giggles and grins while you play
with the grandbabies who I know you adore.
That's it, that's all, I'll say no more...

Except... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 21, 2009
5:41 AM

Post #6298140

What a nifty birthday greeting and arrangement, Zany. Candee - you are so lucky to have a personalized rhyme.

As I said, I can't write poetry worth a darn, but here is an arrangement for your eyes and nose. One of the best smelling flowers in the world. Happy birthday!! and it is actually your birthday now since you are three hours later than I am here in California.

And Candee, yes, I did notice that it is now the flower POT cafe. Are you going to be stashing some in some nooks and crannies somewhere? I have never tried any - will be a hoot of a party, I am sure.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 21, 2009
12:49 PM

Post #6298595

A simple Happy Birthday Candee!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 21, 2009
1:15 PM

Post #6298663

And for you!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 21, 2009
3:47 PM

Post #6299288

Hi everyone!

What a beautiful smell in here with those freesia's Dianne!

Zany, the Birthday cake looks yummy, hope I get a slice!

I'm sure Candee will love the rose Blossom!

Candee, I have a simple little pot plant for you! Happy Birthday!!!!
Have a lovely time with all the family.

Thumbnail by terriculture

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 21, 2009
3:51 PM

Post #6299307

It's a lovely day, I'll put it in the cafe' garden for you!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 21, 2009
3:56 PM

Post #6299360

Latte anyone?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 21, 2009
6:06 PM

Post #6299914

Just bringing in a couple of simple, no fuss spring vases!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 21, 2009
10:51 PM

Post #6300823

Hi Terri - that cup of latte was the perfect start for the day. Love your forsythias!! Sometimes the simple no fuss ones are the best. What is the other yellow blossoms lurking in the back ground?

Candee - hope you are having a wonderful birthday day with your family. Here is a spring hat for the birthday gal. I dusted it off specially for you - my eldest daughter made it as a girl scout project years ago.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 21, 2009
10:54 PM

Post #6300837

And once the birthday gal stops by, we can throw the "confetti" at her.

Hope whoever has clean up duty at the cafe won't mind the mess. It is, after all, for a good cause. LoL.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 22, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #6301179

Hi Dianne, Ohh thats so pretty, Candee will love it! Great idea for the confetti, I think it's Plantgeeks turn to tidy up, so thats ok. haha!
The yellow flowers are Kerria or something like that!!

Here is a box of chocolates for the Birthday girl!

yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 22, 2009
4:30 AM

Post #6302247

Oh! Everything was so lovely for the party! Sorry I missed it but I was "working!" I hope you had a Happy Birthday Candee! I have a late present for you, but I will have to bring it tomorrow afternoon! I hope you like it!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 22, 2009
10:00 AM

Post #6302589

Good morning Yardqueen! We were just getting the cafe' ready for Candee's party today!!!
Hope to see you back here later! LoL!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 22, 2009
10:11 AM

Post #6302598

The Happy Birthday banner is hanging up... LoL!!!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2009
10:27 AM

Post #6302610

Oh oh.. Cold Water, get away from that cake!
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

March 22, 2009
10:46 AM

Post #6302630

I made it, but can't stop for long. Just wanted to say 'Happy Birthday Candee' and to say I miss you all and am sorry I haven't been around more often. I promise when the visitors stop coming and going, I will have a bit more time to hang in the cafe'.
Terri, you can have my bit of cake!
Have a good party ladies.
Sue
Firecrackers

Thumbnail by weed_woman

yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 22, 2009
12:42 PM

Post #6302806

LOL, I thought it was yesterday! What time does it start? I will have to get ready and get Candees gift ready!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 22, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #6303117

Howdy Blossom!

Sue!!! Nice to see you today, G'day mate! Thanks for your slice of the chocolate cake , yummmmmm! Zany did you hear that? I'm having Sue's slice!!! Have a nice time with your visitors and we will see you when you have more time, miss you Sue!

Yardqueen, it was Candee's Birthday yesterday but we are having her doo today! I can't wait to see what gift you have for her! Late afternoon, early evening is the time we are expecting her ladyship to arrive LoL!

Candee is in for a nice surprise to see you all here.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #6303118

yardqueen.. extended party, going overtime!
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 22, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #6303234

"You say it's your birthday! It's my birthday too yeah" Hehehehe Well someone had to do it. Happy older- than- dirt- day Candee! I brung ya a sweet potato pie since you love taters so much. Enjoy

Hellooooooooooo everyone, Madame Woodsy.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 22, 2009
3:29 PM

Post #6303308

hi all
happy brithday too bouth of you
i hopeing that i get more time to be in the cafe
you all know how i like to make thing
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2009
8:51 PM

Post #6304681

Oh Zany that is beautiful, what a wonderful gift you have to give. The cake is my favorite chocolate! How did you know?
Dianne I have never tried any either and am sure I won't be starting to anytime soon, I am already goofy enough. Thank you for the lovely scents, I feel all perky just looking at them.
Oh blossom, that is a gorgeous color in that rose you fave me, will have to find a special spot for it.
I am wearing my new garden hat and I must say, I look younger than ever in it.
What a great party you have thrown for me, confetti fireworks and candy. You are just all too special.
Hey geek Happy Day your way as well, here have some of my candy and you can wear the hat today, I wore it all day yesterday!
Elle, thank you for your warm wishes and hope you get to have some extra time in the cafe soon.
Wow, am I tired from all the partying, so it is especially nice to sit a spell here in the cafe and enjoy all the hard work that everyone has gone to just to put a smile on this ole face!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2009
9:11 PM

Post #6304742

I must apologize for not being able to stay long. How rude of me after all the hard work all of you have gone to to make sure I had the happiest of birthdays, but I have to go. Will surely catch back up with you all tomorrow.
Thanks so much again everyone, I really cherish the friendships I have here at the cafe and wish each of you a wealth of the joy you have given to me.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 23, 2009
1:02 AM

Post #6305717

Hi Candee!
Glad you had a good Birthday and you enjoyed yourself. You Do look 10 years younger in your new hat! LoL!

Plantgeek, Happy Birthday mate!

Cheers everyone! Have a good week.

yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #6305807

So I missed it again! Is Candee still around? Candee... WHOO HOO!!!

I hope you like this!

Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2009
1:37 AM

Post #6305898

Older than dirt? Well, least that aint as old as bedrock! LOL!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 23, 2009
5:28 AM

Post #6306682

Plantgeek!! Happy birthday to you too!!! I'm bringing back the narcissus to liven up the cafe.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 23, 2009
5:31 AM

Post #6306688

and here's some lucky money for each of the two birthday gals!!! (hopefully no one out there can read Chinese and point out that I am not using the right envelopes LoL)

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 23, 2009
5:33 AM

Post #6306689

Sue - nice of you to pop in when you can. Hope to see more of you soon. And am looking forward to see what kinds of fall flowers you have. Have fun with all your visitors.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 23, 2009
11:47 AM

Post #6307068

Happy Birthday eveyone! lol Wow, this is quite the party. Blooms and sweets and friends everywhere. Hey, I was only being sarcastic by singing that Beatles song. But thanks. I'll take the $$ Dianne. lol

Candee, love the hat. Just the right thing for spring.

Got a bit of good news, one of my poems got accepted in the new issue of Earth's Daughters. Whoohoo! And another got selected for reading on WRFL in Lexington, Ky last Friday. They have a show called Accents, a whole hour of literature. Y'all can hear it if you google WRFL, Lexington. Scroll down to the archives and click onto the last entry dated March 20.

Ooops, gotta run.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 23, 2009
12:01 PM

Post #6307112

Congrats geek, you an Zany are quite the artists in our cafe. We are very proud of your accomplishments.
Dianne you are lucky, my gd knows a little chinese but she is only 3 and went home yesterday !!! so nobody can tell, thanks I can sure use the cash.
Terri, that drink went down real smooth after a very long, tiring weekend. Eva sure can wear this old broad out!
Yardqueen thank you so much for the violet, they are such a delicate plant, I will be very careful in my care of her.
Blossom are you sure the bedrock is older???
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2009
12:09 PM

Post #6307130

No comment, on the grounds that ...I might get in trouble again.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 23, 2009
1:59 PM

Post #6307519

Plantgeek, Congrats! that is wonderful news, ditto to what Candee said!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2009
2:14 PM

Post #6307590

''

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2009
1:13 PM

Post #6312178

and tada!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2009
3:04 PM

Post #6312673

Well, I got a bit of sad news and good news this morning talking to my accountants office and upon calling them to ask if they would be interested in doing a raffle to benefit a cancer patient, I was informed that my accountants husband was very ill and in the hospital. Well, it turns out that they would do the raffle for me and now the proceeds will be either to benefit him or go to a program called Relay for Life which is a fundraiser for cancer patients.

So the wreath that I made for Pat for her cancer patient is making its run for the roses by going into that raffle. Well, here's hoping they do good on their fundraiser.

Originally I was supposed to just take the wreath I made for Pat to a local clinic or hospital and present it to a patient or have the clinic hang it on their wall, but now it is going to be one step better! To help raise funds to help someone!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 24, 2009
4:41 PM

Post #6313136

BLOSSOMBUDDY, That is a wonderful idea for helping raise funds. I hope they have a very sucsessful raffle.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 24, 2009
4:57 PM

Post #6313217

So sorry to hear about bad news blossom, I know how badly you must feel but how helpful it is to have something to offer in the way of assistance. Hoping all goes well.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2009
8:17 PM

Post #6314014

Well, they loved the wreath! I am glad that they will try to make good on it too. I am glad to help if I can.

My accountant said today that it looks like her hub will be coming home soon. So that is good. She looked a tad frazzled, but she is holding up.

Good news too, is is my dental work is gonna be a tax deduction!! LOL! oooh great...sigh and holy molars! Hopefully now I can make my next appotinment there.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 25, 2009
2:12 PM

Post #6317027

hi all
it is sunny here but cool
day to work inside
hope to work on my house plats today
elle

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 25, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #6317489

Nice to hear you got some good news blossom.
Hey elle, lucky you sunny and steppin out. Sunny here but not for long and then think days and days of rain, yuk!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2009
12:59 PM

Post #6321671

My the cafe has really be quite these past days. Are we closed for renovations again or are we all just gearing up for the busy days ahead?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 26, 2009
3:02 PM

Post #6322259

hi all
been working out side
i a bad week this week
work 1 day then the next day off
then work 1 day work
hope every one a happy day
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2009
5:02 PM

Post #6322768

hi elle, what have you been doing outside? Planting yet, or as here still too soon?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 26, 2009
5:31 PM

Post #6322905

hi
we got some garden in
it been raining and cool
we got goat with baby and more on the way
chickern
egg in the bargor
then the rabbit which my hb raise for meat
i work in the nurseing home
passing pill
we want to get so we both can live off the farm
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2009
6:07 PM

Post #6323039

Sounds like you are on the right track with life on the farm. Do you have a lot of acreage that you farm big time or do you just farm for your own use. Sounds like you got lots of little "kids" from those nanny's. How are the bunnies doing, are them well multiplying like bunnies?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2009
7:38 AM

Post #6325878

Hey Candee - can't have you out here in the cafe without some company. Hope you had a wonderful visit with your family last week. Looks like we will just have to have leftovers here in the cafe unless someone pops in soon with some goodies.
Blossom - good luck with the dentist.
Congratulations Plantgeek on getting published and all.
Elle has her kids, and I have my daughter's foster kittens. Here is the latest batch - this time, all three look very much alike.

I also went to a local thrift/Goodwill store and got myself 5 vases. Hope to be bringing some bouquets in to the cafe in the next few weeks.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 27, 2009
11:52 AM

Post #6326146

OMG Dianne, I will take them all. I do miss our kitties and momma, they have been gone about 3 years now. I swear the kittens looked just like them, what an adorable photo, thanks for bringing them in to keep me company. Wish I had a photo of them all sitting in my lap keepin me warm in this miserable rainy weather we are having.
I hoped to try to get a forsythia bloom this weekend, but we are running out of sunshine in our backyard due to the tree line up the way, which we have no control over. That causes us less sunshine and puts us about 1-2 weeks behind everyone elses blooms around here. I have neighbors up the block that have daffs and forsythia in full bloom and mine are just coming to life. Thought I might get some this weekend since they are saying sunshine today, but now calling for torrential rains the next 2 days so so much for that idea. I'll just sit back and wait to see yours.
Looking forward to seeing your new vases.
Hey been dancin much, I love that dancin with the stars, one of the few programs I watch on the boob tube; how bout you.
Meantime, hello to everyone near and far, hope you are all well and just kicking back enjoying the spring.
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 27, 2009
12:30 PM

Post #6326252

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww What cuties. Kittens are irresistable. Give me a roomfull of them and a string and I couldn't be happier. Hats off to you Dianne.

Candee, it's rainy and cool here too. Blah! I brought us some hot herbal tea and chocolates. I'm thinking a water garden might be the thing.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 27, 2009
3:11 PM

Post #6327037

hi all
wet and wet and cool
all outdoor work stop to day
no baby yet
hope they wait until next week
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 27, 2009
11:56 PM

Post #6329067

Hi everyone! Have I missed any gossip? LoL!

Nice daffs in here, lovely kittens Dianne! and chocs from Plantgeek, Thanks!
Beautiful wreath there Blossom, what an unusual design and for a good cause too.
It's turned cold again, frost expected tonight!

OOOooooo new vases ?? looking forward to seeing those!
Thought I would add to the Daffodil arrangements already here.

10 green bottles!
Have a nice weekend all, whatever you get up to!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 28, 2009
1:52 PM

Post #6330916

hi all
we had enouther goat baby
an little boy only
the mother have no milk
so we get to bottle feed
she have hard bag what every that is
frist bottle was about 8 pm
10pm,100am 500am and8 am
and i got to go to work
so it up to hb to do bottle
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2009
2:11 PM

Post #6330989

HI!

Terri, lovely daffs!

Elle, so sorry to hear about the momma gots predicament, surely she is not comfortable. Hope she gets better soon. You have your hands full with that youngin! You will probably have to get a vet to medicate her. The milk is bad and I think they call it mastitis. Had a horse that did that once and it was noooo fun for anyone.

We are just hanging in here. It is very cold today.. Ice on buckets again.. Grrr and brrrr!

Darnit, my dental appointment is staved again for another weak.. not a happy camper here at all...am about to extract my own with the old door know and chain method. Well hopefully now in a week. This is so frustrating.

Well catch ya'll later.. I gotta go look for a boot!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 28, 2009
5:10 PM

Post #6331668

elle, sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. Sounds like you got about as much work as you can handle.
Blossom, I am with yu is it ever gonna get warm? And the dreary rains, yuk.
Today I got an email from my web server that they will no longer host webs created in frontpage, which is of course what I have used for years. So guess my web will be taken down in May.

say goodbye to http://www.hhcreations.com/
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2009
5:51 PM

Post #6331866

Oh, man, cant you transfer that thing to a new server.. there are some free hosts out their.. try

http://www.bravenet.com

Well heres giving the boot to cold weather...least as I am hoping already.. shesh, my dafs just start popping and we got verge of snow again... UGH!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 28, 2009
9:56 PM

Post #6332687

Hi everyone!

elle, Here's milky Joe to help you out!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 28, 2009
11:51 PM

Post #6333110

Hope you can find another web server Candee.
Lovely boot arrangement Blossom, Thanks for bringing it in.

elle, 2 bottles are ready !

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 28, 2009
11:55 PM

Post #6333128

Have a cuppa !

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
12:06 AM

Post #6333174

We have bottles of Daffs everywhere in the cafe! Lets wish for warm sunny days!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
12:08 AM

Post #6333184

1 bottle for each table...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2009
1:02 AM

Post #6333352

woof!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
1:30 AM

Post #6333492

Daffs festival!!!! please bring yours in...

Thanks Blossom for your nice daffs, they smell great!!

woof!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 29, 2009
2:18 AM

Post #6333641

Candee, I just sent them a customer service ticket

Quoting:I understand your desire to get rid of these extensions but need to know how it will effect my site. I have several questions.

1. will the HTML pages and links on existing pages that were created and uploaded using Frontpage cease to function (no forms or counters are in use that are in front page formating)

2. Does this also effect pages created and uploaded using Sharepoint?

3. Will new html pages designed using front page or sharepoint still be loaded through FTP?

4. If this change makes it necessary to close my site will I be refunded the prorated amount for the remainder of my current prepaid period?

If it only effects forms and counters then the only thing you would have to do is remove the counter and the rest of your site would remain the same. I'll let you know when they answer.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 29, 2009
5:02 AM

Post #6334181

Well, this is the response I received
Quoting:I`m very sorry for this inconvenience which might be caused to you. Here is the answer on your questions:

1. If your HTML pages doesn`t use any of Frontpage dynamic components they will not be affected if we disable extensions.

2. Unfortunately there is no way to upload files via Sharepoint, you might upload it via Frontpage (in this case see 1st article)

3. Yes they could be loaded via FTP but please note that you will have no support for Frontpage extensions (counters, navigation bars, shared borders, other dynamic components)

4. Sure you will be refunded for all unused hosting time.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime, we are available 24/7

I really don't know if I used shared borders on any of the pages and none of the buttons would work...groan...they all have buttons

So I think we are going to close it down. There are literally thousands of pages to the site now and no way I can rework it by July.

I hope you can work things out for your site.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 29, 2009
1:02 PM

Post #6334756

hi all
thank-you for the bottle
the late feeding and the earies feeding are the worse
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2009
1:29 PM

Post #6334843

Hang in there elle, we know you can do it! Hows the momma?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
1:36 PM

Post #6334884

Hi elle, Hope you managed to get some sleep!
Has the mother rejected the kid? or are they still together, the mother just not feeding him?
You do have a hard time on the farm, hope you can rest today!

Hello Zany!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
1:38 PM

Post #6334902

Hi Plantgeek!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
1:39 PM

Post #6334905

Hi Blossom!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 29, 2009
2:13 PM

Post #6335037

hi all
they are together
they are both doing good
need to go feed see you later
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
2:20 PM

Post #6335074

Good luck elle!

If anyone needs anything, I'll be in the back... just ring the bell. LoL!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2009
6:34 PM

Post #6336012

Zany, you got mail, this is over my head. I too have a zillion pages and they are of course all linked? I could do w/o the counter but then what for the pages?
Lovin all the daffs, everyone. Thought mine would open today, but wrong, not nuf sun yet.
Yuk more snow on your way blossom, hope it doesn't amount to much and goes fast.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2009
6:44 PM

Post #6336065

Awww. yuk on that snow! But haighr, cut them before they bloom and they will open the next day or so.

Looks like the snow is melting now.. YUK YUK YUK... WIll learn tomorrow how much damage it did to my bulbs. Grrrr.

If this is the last, I surely will cry!

Oh, terri, case ya wanna know, the pank thing here behind the boot is a dianthus!! LIVE and POTTED!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2009
7:08 PM

Post #6336246

Got ya blossom, the ones from yesterday are opened, just not yet in the garden. You better go duck before you get hit with one of those Terri snowballs blossom, still that time of year your way!

Thumbnail by haighr

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

March 29, 2009
7:09 PM

Post #6336257

Shooooooooooooooop...hahahaha
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 29, 2009
7:58 PM

Post #6336500

Nanner nanner!!!

Ya only brushed me me you beastly white thing!! Duck and tuck!!

Qwaaack qwaaaack qwaaack aaack!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2009
8:11 PM

Post #6336557

You are quacked al right!!! LOL I think we are all a bit quacked!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
8:30 PM

Post #6336639

I'm the only sensible one around here obviously!

Nice to see a peep of your garden Candee! Your daffs are lovely, different to the ones I've been getting.
Blossom, of course I wanna know, being nosey like... LOL!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2009
8:55 PM

Post #6336767

Right, mine are a variety of paler yellows and white a little different than the all yellow ones.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 29, 2009
8:57 PM

Post #6336782

I have sensible friends!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2009
1:25 AM

Post #6337986

YO mate, pass those carnations over hyar! I can be sensible with them, just GIMME!

Grab Grabbbb! SNATCH!

Ribbet!
yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
5:05 AM

Post #6338755

LOL... crazies!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 30, 2009
12:23 PM

Post #6339337

HEY!!!! bring Melonie back!

Good Morning everyone, Hi Yardqueen!

The sun is shining today and the sky is blue and our clocks changed to British Summer Time!
Hope it stays nice from now on...
Have a great day and don't forget to call in for a cuppa!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2009
12:47 PM

Post #6339424

Dontcha just hate that time change thingee?!

Well, top of the morning to ya'll. The sun is shining here.. but I have ice on the puddles, so we are not to cheery about that. I am off to check on the daffodils...(sigh).

Before I go, heres a new clock for you terri! We changed our clocks about 4 weeks ago!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2009
2:58 PM

Post #6340109

Well we are still looking at gray skies and really cool temps so you guys soak up some of that sunshine for me!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2009
5:58 PM

Post #6340801

Well hope you finally get some sunshine there haighr!

Im off to the GH to do some serious potting...

Follow the daffodil row!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/965415/#new

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 31, 2009
12:35 PM

Post #6344270

LOL, getting the sunshine today, I'll watch out my window from work, dang!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 31, 2009
1:35 PM

Post #6344514

hi all
sun shine here
all animal are doing fine
5 baby goat
3 girl and 2 boy
1 have to be bottle feed
that is wereing me and dh out
but it wont be for long then is be 4 or 5 bottle a day
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 31, 2009
3:33 PM

Post #6345062

So sorry elle that you have to work around the clock. Try to take some time between for yourself before you are completely worn out. How much longer must you keep this up? Is there no relief in site for the momma to ever nurse? Sorry don't know much about raising goats or their ailments.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 31, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #6345212

hi
no the mother will not feed
went the baby get to take a full 8 oz bottle
you feed about 4 or 5 time a day
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #6345213

Hi everyone! It's been quiet in here, has anyone got treats?!!!

Thanks for the clock Blossom, I forgot to change the time on my wrist watch!
Your line of Daffs will look stunning in full bloom, better let them grow now, stop picking them. LoL!

Candee, Sorry you are stuck indoors when it's sunny out! I had to go to work today for an extra class, It's cloudy here, the warm sun didn't last long!!

elle, hope you dont wear yourself out, try to chillax when you can!

This place needs a spring cleaning... does Woodsy clean? LoL!
I'd better get busy with the new menu and such... any requests?

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 31, 2009
4:32 PM

Post #6345280

Sure how bout a nice glass of red wine and a slice of chocolate cream pie? that should tide me over.
As for Ms. Woodsy and cleaning, sorry she has been on spring break and I don't mean "spring cleaning" break!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 31, 2009
4:59 PM

Post #6345384

Did I hear Chocolate cream pie? Yummmy. I'll have a nice cup of strong coffee with mine!

Elle, the kids sound like a lot of work but I bet they are as cute as they could be.

This is my first spring at the new house and the whole place has sprung up with wild onions. I don't know what type they are but they are growing so thick they make the whole block smell like onion and are spreading into the lawn. The strip along the side of the house where I put down over an inch of cardboard and covered it with 6 inches of wood chip is filled with them too. The came right up like there was nothing there.

Since we will probably have to relocate in another 16 months or so I am not going to try to rid the place of them. The next owners can deal with it!

Well, Pyxle is tugging at my sleeve so I guess I had better get dressed and take her to the park before I get ready for work...Though I'd rather be taking a stroll along Blossom's daffodil row!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 31, 2009
5:08 PM

Post #6345430

hi
please a cup of tea with my pie
i will take picure
work today off tomorrow
then work two day
then 4 day off
the 4 day off i hope to get thing done and take time off
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
5:18 PM

Post #6345479

Elle, will another momma goat take the baby you have to nurse? That might be the way to go.

Hmmm chocolate pie... drat.. will have to wait. Seems my favorite "dietary" food is giving my teeth a bit of panging!...Hope that new dentist I am heading for later this week is any good! I shure nuff miss the taste of Chocolate! But heretoo, my waist could pass!

Rain here so been working a crafts.

Terri, I have to pick the daffs! Terrible thing, I am trying to conserve their bulbs! The more I pick, the more bulbs I get! I did not get too many today.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

March 31, 2009
5:20 PM

Post #6345484

Glad to hear you are getting some time off elle, hope you make yourself relax.
Zany, I feel your pain, we have lots of onion grass and it even grows under stones I sometimes turn over. If I get a real rainy day, it just pulls up in clumps with those little onion bulbs and reeks like garlic, but comes right back.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
5:38 PM

Post #6345561

Oh my ... the orders are pouring in and I'm getting in a fluster back here in the kitchen!

Candee, I can't find the wine glasses, so have a swig out the bottle!
I can't find the chocolate cream pie, where is it Candee, what does it look like?
Zany, coffee coming right up.
elle, tea coming right up.

Howdy Blossom!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
5:41 PM

Post #6345573

Coffee for Zany!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
5:46 PM

Post #6345592

Tea for elle ...

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

March 31, 2009
5:54 PM

Post #6345626

hi i love that tea pot
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
6:00 PM

Post #6345656

Enjoy your cuppa and put your feet up in our lounge! Thanks elle.
Sorry, I still haven't found the chocolate cream pie???
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
6:06 PM

Post #6345681

Howdeee Terri!

There you go with my favorite concockshun! What in tarnation, Carnations! YUM!

Hmmm I got an ole jug somewhar here to share with ya too Mate! Be a tad dry in mine except for the purdy pebbles in the bottom from panning in the creek!

Hey hey.. me daffy posies are getting papery! Hmmm how to dry daffs! LOL! Leave them in the vase until.. what else, DRY!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
6:11 PM

Post #6345711

Hi Blossom, love that ole jug!
I've got 10 green bottles of dried Daffs!! was wondering what to do with them... dont want to bin them LOL!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 31, 2009
6:30 PM

Post #6345776

Here you go. I picked it up on google ;~)

Thumbnail by Zanymuse

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
7:10 PM

Post #6345919

Oh that does look nice,
think I'll have the first slice!

Thanks Zany, I haven't seen that chocolate pie before, wish I was tasting it for real...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
7:15 PM

Post #6345940

LOL! OoOooh Zany how you torture this chocaholic!! It looks fantabulous!

Terri, what is bin? Maybe try making a spring wreath? They last a long time! Oh, but you must wait for dried lily of the valley and others..

Well, I took a better pic of that gold wreath.. its posted now... wow was my color off on the first pic! So ok, any critcs in the crowd..? I am waiting Or is that thang done?!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
7:17 PM

Post #6345946

Never mind terri, it hit me! Bin, trash? LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
7:22 PM

Post #6345964

Dustbin LOL!
I was thinking either take the red out of the wreath or add more red, they look a little lonely!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
9:49 PM

Post #6346600

AB-so-lut-lee DUN M-sen with it! Its a Whalah or not. You and I are on the same page!! LOL!

DUST BIN! LOL! Oh poop, I gotta go back to the floral shop and clean up my m-S...

Where did I leave that dustsucker...dirtdevil, electroni sweeper...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
10:12 PM

Post #6346724

The hoover is under the stairs!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
10:53 PM

Post #6346901

LOL! Terri, are you following me or am I following you! LOL!

Well I just got incredible news! It appears that our friends son that was recently in a very serious auto accident recently is responding. He was in a coma. Now I am not sure if he is still in a coma in medical terms, but he is responding to people in the room and to his nurses. We personally have been praying hard for a miracle for this family and it looks like they have been blessed in the power. It is not known on his recovery if it will be full or not. He has so many issues, but it appears to be progress.

Ok, wheres my chocolate.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
11:06 PM

Post #6346959

I'm following you!
That is good news about your friends son. Lets hope he continues to make good progress.

Now, you know you can't have chocolate until you have your tooth done!
I'm bringing you a banana milkshake to celebrate, cheers! Hope you like banana?

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
11:16 PM

Post #6346999

Oh yeah!! BA-NAN- AHhhh!

I am so excited for Brian and his progress. I just told his dad the other day that both my husband and I are living proof that miracles can happen. By rights neither of us should be amongst the living.. but we are.. and well, miracles do happen and can happen. Our faith has shown us that, so well anyway, lets do banana shakes on the house for everyone!

Ye-ha! Time to CELEBRATE..

I just wanna celebrate! Listen to the music! Make a joyful sound!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

March 31, 2009
11:26 PM

Post #6347041

Play us a tune Blossom! a JOYFUL sound ... lol

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

March 31, 2009
11:48 PM

Post #6347131

All I can think of right now mate is to just sing praisies , sing praises on high!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2009
1:11 PM

Post #6349044

Well, prayers are truly answered. So happy to hear of your friends improvement and although this may be a long hard road ahead, most often start with little steps and sounds like he is making progress.

Now for that pie, Terri get your hands off, that is my slice! Ummmmmmmm, delightful! So dense is the chocolate that I had to brush my teeth twice this morn, and can still have a lingering taste.

Thanks for the wine to wash it down as well terri, hope you don't mind I finished the whole bottle as usual!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 1, 2009
2:08 PM

Post #6349284

hi all
just a little line to tell you it summer time lol
hope every a good day
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2009
2:49 PM

Post #6349455

Haighr, you just haaaad to mention teeth... LOL!

Yes, little steps! When his mom said he stuck out his tongue that was a huge leap of progress! She was afraid to tell the nurses thinking they might have thought she was kidding.. But then the nurse came in to take his temp and she asked him to open his mouth and stick out his tongue and by GOD he did it! We are praying hard that eventually he will be able to go home, but it looks like a very long recovery under professional care.

Its sunny here, very wet outside.. I guess I will go frustrate myself in the flowershop. Trying to make something of these... I am a total basket case looking for a sample of work someone has done to give me a brainstorm.

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2009
4:37 PM

Post #6349902

oH, You can't be any more flustered than Terri back there in the kitchen, I swear I was in here a while ago and heard her having an entire conversation and I took a peek and she was in there all by herself!
Elle, so glad you are getting a taste of spring.
Guess what it is cloudy and raining here! May change on eof these days?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 1, 2009
4:37 PM

Post #6349903

Hi everyone!

Just poppin' in to say Hi, I've got the flower club tonight, back later with pictures (hopefully). My camera isn't charging properly, Typical!

Will have a think about your baskets Blossom , laters!!!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2009
5:01 PM

Post #6350015

Looking forward to see your latest creation Terri, get chargin! What is the theme?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 1, 2009
5:19 PM

Post #6350098

'Spring arrangement' bye for now...
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2009
5:44 PM

Post #6350222

So you are going to use a mattress spring or something right for the base????????? Or at least one of Katie's old slinkys???
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2009
5:45 PM

Post #6350230

Well, terri, My Heart Is Out For You...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/969902/

But anyway, so whats on your "chopping" block? I have been babbling to myself all morning with my basket case.. still babbling...no progress...

Must be contagious! LOL! Talking to ones self, that is...!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2009
12:49 AM

Post #6352169

Ok, WHO ordered a DIRTY DOZEN??? Your eggs are up! LOL!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 2, 2009
1:28 PM

Post #6354011

hi all
o what a beatyful sight
them egg i will clean them up
when out to check baby goat this moring
and came up with more count then we had
we got 7 now
3 g and 4 b
what a good surize
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2009
1:47 PM

Post #6354081

Congrats on the new baby.. jeez elle you have lots of kids now!

Yes, those eggs will clean up. There is one really huge egg in that basket, betting odds its a double yolker.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 2, 2009
2:15 PM

Post #6354209

hi
no double yoker here
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2009
2:23 PM

Post #6354240

Plant Geek, your second round of priobiotic eggs are coming up.. Got COLD WATER cleaning them now! LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 2, 2009
2:54 PM

Post #6354386

Hi everyone!

Congrats elle on more kids!! are they feeding with the mother's ok?
How is the bottle fed one doing?

Thanks for the eggs Blossom, I'm gonna paint them when elle cleans them up! LoL.
Basket case!

Candee, I didn't do anything quite as exciting as that for the club! I was told the theme was spring arrangement, but it turns out it was 'Spring Flowers'. It was nice to see the arrangements they all made and the guest demonstrator was quite creative.

I'm off to the kitchen to have a chat with myself about using the wrong flowers last night!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2009
3:48 PM

Post #6354608

WHINNY...horses on hold.. ring ring.. why?
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2009
5:24 PM

Post #6355033

What do you mean you used the wrong flowers, there is such a thing as "wrong flowers", I think they are way too critical!
Congrats elle, wonder if you will find a new one every time you count???
What you makin with all those eggs blossom?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2009
6:02 PM

Post #6355161

Three for 2's... Right now less room in the fridge!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 2, 2009
6:19 PM

Post #6355219

WoW! that is a BIG egg!!

Well, I used summer flowering liatrus, when it should have been spring flowers.
I lost a point for that. LoL!!
I took a picture of it in the garden today, flowers always look better in the sunshine!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 2, 2009
10:44 PM

Post #6356295

If you would like to see the other arrangements please go here! ...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/970535/

Hope everyone is ok, see you tomorrow! Who's turn is it to wash the dishes?

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

April 3, 2009
12:49 PM

Post #6358532

I'll do them. "Here doggy, doggy".
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2009
2:35 PM

Post #6358929

Now that's an egg! you could make 10 cakes with that.
Terri, right or wrong, I love it!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 3, 2009
2:40 PM

Post #6358955

hi all
the count go up every day so far 8
and 3 more on there way
we hope
i took picture of the goat chicken and rabbit
i will take to the home where they will put it on the big screen
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2009
9:06 PM

Post #6360495

Wow I was just kidding elle about new ones every day. Guess your goats are really getting down to business!
I brought this for the cafe patio, but better bring inside as the winds are picking up!

Thumbnail by haighr

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 4, 2009
1:26 PM

Post #6362860

hi all
the count is up to 12
8 boy and 4 girl
elle
yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 4, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #6363522

Candee,

It's nice to see the Daff's and the forsythia... Ours are long gone already!

Other things are starting to bloom. I will take pics this afternoon and put them on the April trhread
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2009
5:15 PM

Post #6363658

I'm guessing this is your daily forum? here is the fruits from my orange flower bed. Everything planted is orange, mostly roses, tropicals and bulbs. I need more gaudy orange shades, but it's taking shape, little by little.

First, have you all used webvase? I love it. It keeps the flowers in place and yet it's quite unobtrusive. I think I got it at Kinsman's. It's made of latex and comes w/ six clear clips. It is rather delicate so I have two of them, one as backup. Not terribly expensive ($5?)

Thumbnail by vossner

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2009
5:17 PM

Post #6363665

when flowers are spent, I remove the web and clips, rinse it, stick it in a ziploc bag and place in the orig. wrapper shown here.

Thumbnail by vossner

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2009
5:20 PM

Post #6363676

now for the truly important subject, the arrangement. Granted, too many pastels, but I'm working on planting the gaudiest oranges I can find, lol for some drama.

safrano rose buds
F J Lindheimer rose
Menorca lily
amaryllis Exotica or Rilona, not sure
canna leaves, dwarf pink sunburst. flowers are more coral but I really got it for the foliage

Thumbnail by vossner

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2009
5:23 PM

Post #6363685

this poor little glad was supposed to be orange, but alas, it wasn't. It really stood out like a sore thumb in my orange bed, but it was so beautiful, I just let it be for a while. Today I decided to enjoy it indoors.

Thumbnail by vossner

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2009
6:38 PM

Post #6363931

LOL! Gaudy! welcome!

They are calling me toothless this week. To me GAUDY is PANK< ORANGE AND CHARTRUES! BOING!

You either love those lkinds of colors or hate them, I am not too much sureif there is an inbetween!

Just depends on you!

BB

This message was edited Apr 4, 2009 12:44 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 4, 2009
8:30 PM

Post #6364336

Hi everyone!

Hi Vossner, Welcome! Thanks for bringing your pretty arrangement to our cafe'.
Love the roses and your Canna leaves are a beautiful colour, great contrast! I can imagine one leaf under the water in the vase!
You must be way ahead of us, I don't even have buds on my roses yet!
I haven't seen a webvase before, it looks like a very handy piece of equipment! I have a wire mesh thing I use sometimes on the top of a vase. I like your red vase! Looking forward to seeing something 'orange' in it LoL!

Candee, Thanks for bringing your spring arrangement, Love your red vase too!! I'm going to look for my red vases LoL! We have a red vase thing going on do we?? You were right, it was a bit windy outside so I brought yours indoors and Wow it smells great!

Plantgeek, the doggy missed a bit!!! Hope you are well and enjoying life.
Yardqueen, looking forward to your pictures, have you made any arrangements since the lovely wreath?
elle, Great to hear life is good on the farm!
Blossom, Hope you feel better now your tooth is out.

Have a good saturday night everyone!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #6365333

ol' blossom is feeling better in the mouth.. got a long way to go.. least the good news is no dentures, well anyway, yet! She is going to work to save what is there! Regret the bone disease took a hold in the jaw.. but she says there is hope. Thanks everyone for their kindness and prayers. Thank God that cold I had too is gone! No fun getting old! BUt we will try to make the best of it. The old corpse is still warm!

Good news to on our friends boy. He is making progress in his therapy and they are trying to wean him off the ventilator to get him breathing on his own. He is making little steps in progress, but all is wonderful news today! His family needs prayers badly though it is sure a difficult time for all.

Well, keep the faith all!

And COLDWATER.. get back in the kitchen and do those dishes right! Slurp, lap slurp, slobber!

Woooof!
yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 5, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #6365534

Terri,

No arrangements since the wreaths... No time. Busy hauling plants in and out! I can't believe we are having to do this. It is harder on DH as he has to do most of it, but I am worn out and hurting tonight. It will be 27 Mon night! But they burn up in the greenhouse so I feel I have to take them out. We are in the 80's in the day. Mid to High 50's at night. Mon will be a high of 58 and then the freeze. Then Tues will be high 65 and low 45. Then back up to how it is now! Can you believe it? All of this work for a fluke Mon night! and I have a few things blooming! Lots of things we will have to cover. DH just planted our onions and some tomatoes. Other seeds for seggies too, but they are not up yet. I will be hauling a lot of seedlings from the pad to the greenhouse tomorrow evening. and Mon during the day. At least the big ones that I had to take the lids off. They won't survive in 27 degrees!

I will post my pics later tonight on the April in the Garden thread.I can't wait to see the pic's myself as I don't know how they turned out yet.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2009
5:31 AM

Post #6370705

Well, trade ya my 2 inches of additional rain for the week along with the half inch of snow that just fell.. grrrr!
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2009
11:26 AM

Post #6371069

voss, I love the varigation in those plants, the canna and the flowers are quite interesting combination, lovely arrangement. I haven't heard of one of those web thingys either, I too have a wire that I sometimes use, but find that tape is quite easy as well and can be placed wherever necessary.
blossom, you are still havin snow and such, dang, I actually got a little sunburn yesterday. Glad they are able to save your teeth, the whole ordeal sounds dreadful though. Good to keep hearing encouraging news about your friend, hope each day he is a bit stronger.
yardqueen, sounds like you are working way to hard around that gh? Can't you open it up enough to get some cooler air in there?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #6371398

ok, todays trade... 2 inches of snow for some sun.. anyone got any.. my bloomers are froze!

Yesterday it was ducks on the water, now mother nature has resorted to this.,...

Not saying a word...

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2009
1:41 PM

Post #6371546

I don't know where you are blossom, but we just gotta get you outta there. How bout if Terri brings by the teacopter and you skip on down to Sue's ranch in Aussi land for a bit?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2009
4:12 PM

Post #6372345

I would love to go to the land of OZ!!! Heard it was much like Texas.. only thing, thme snakes there are a tad vicious eh mate?

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 6, 2009
6:50 PM

Post #6373177

Blossom, that green vase looks like it is shivering out there in the snow.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2009
9:39 PM

Post #6373899

LOL, I am sure it is shivering Zany, I got a chill sitting here!
Here blossom, this is for you, come on over to the cafe and sit out on the patio, it is cozy warm with lots of sunshine.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2009
9:41 PM

Post #6373914

Now go ahead and stick your head in and siff these helleborus.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2009
9:50 PM

Post #6373948

And, just heard the weather and there may be snow at the cabin tonight, so we aren't out of the woods yet!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #6375030

sniff!!!

Well, as luck has it our snow melted, the place looks even greener! Just soggy bottoms here for sure. They were talking more snow too, but light furries.. my porch is a skating ring!

Owell, its that time of year. It wil be tooo hot before we know it..

QWAAACK!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 7, 2009
9:53 AM

Post #6376369

Hi everyone,
Sorry you are having such extreme weather conditions Yardqueen and Blossom.
Beautiful arrangement Candee, I'm so happy to see you arranging again!
Have a good day all and be good. lol!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2009
11:01 AM

Post #6376455

Good morning.. just a little frosty this morning and more snow predicted, should not last.. least as we hope.

Have a good day all.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2009
11:31 AM

Post #6376518

Well not sure about snow at the cabin, but none here and didn't get as cold as predicted, yeah, stayed in the high 30's all night. Blossom, sorry you are soggy, but winds will pick up I am sure and dry you out in "snow" time!
yardqueen1948
Emory, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 7, 2009
1:17 PM

Post #6376848

Well, the freeze didn't happen here either! Just mid 30's... But most of the plants would have suffered even at that. We will be bringing them back out over the next 2 days!

Happy Spring everyone!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 7, 2009
1:24 PM

Post #6376875

hi all
we got to 25
my hb cover everything so i hope it make it
all the animal made it thought
hope every one have a great day
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2009
1:40 PM

Post #6376934

Well, it is sunny and the fresh water tide is receeding... I am looking like May before I can do any serious gardening. Life on this swamp get to be a tad...a-hem interesting and frustrating, but we do try to take things in stride and adapt! Things are always changing..Schedules, weather, garden beds washing out.

Now here is a shot I took the other daywhere you can see why annuals are not really my thing! So anybody out there on my list of to does, your patience is greatly appreciated!

It shows my garden paths all flooded. That pile in the middle is my wood chip pile. The derned stray nuisance ducks are using it as an island! We have a pair of qwaacks that just showed up in the last week.. dont know where they came from who owns them or what., they are domestic strays and are a pain in the keester here. They been going in my barn terrorizing a few of my young horses and well I have tried to corral them. I have tried getting animal control to take them, the sheriff does not know who owns them and well, we dont want them either because they are a royal nuisance and because they are strays are on and off the highway and everywhere they should not be. They cant fly. So they are destined to get killed on the highway or otherwise and I am afraid they are gonna cause someone a serious accident. I am tired of getting my fence hit and people drive away and not repair it or people go out of control because they try to avoid the ducks and then they swerve with their vehicles go off the road and /or lose control and then they get injured. Dang domestic critters got no fear and so they will play on the road and get smaacked. eventually, And if they are owned by someone around here, they sure the heck are not doing anything of their part to keep them confined. Their negligence is no excuse to blame someone if the animals get hurt or killed. The people who own these strays are actually the nuisance and negligent.

Never a dull moment here.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 8, 2009
3:24 PM

Post #6382061

helleborus ... sounds like the name of a dinosaur. Somehow the name seems all wrong for such pretty flowers. Do they start out green and turn pink or is the green one from a different plant?

We have a lot of ducks around here because of the ponds. They waddle all over town and nest in flowerbeds. They even have a "Duck Crossing" sign on main street. The wild ducks cross breed with them, the fox hunt them and the coons eat theit eggs but they seem to manage to keep their population growth steady. There is also a gaggle of geese that patrols the ponds and town. They thrive on slugs and snails.
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2009
4:32 PM

Post #6382319

They are different plants Zany.
We get geese at the pond at the cabin and they are just the dirtiest birds in my estimation. The ducks are fine and keep to themselves seldom coming ashore near the house, but those geese, bang, zoom!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 8, 2009
6:30 PM

Post #6382754

Something that eats snails and slugs???? Send them my way!!!! But I guess they leave their own kind of messes behind. Sigh...I have a losing battle here with the snails and slugs.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2009
4:00 AM

Post #6385087

Well, the qwaacks are gone.. well at least I think so. Some guy with a cane was trying to herd them up so hopefully there will be no duck crossing signs or accidents here. Dang them two beasts did a number on my landscaping.

Had a wonderful chat with a gal from the EPA. She is trying to help us clean up this neighborhood. We have a lot of concerns here with the water and trash disposal. I am allowed to burn certain things. I can virtually get rid of all my garbage for free. I do have issues with glass. Seems no place here in the area takes it. So I may have to find a place out of the area. Cans and metal, I have a guy that comes and pickes it up. I am glad to give it to him to get rid of, he takes it and sells it. I dont care, I am just glad its gone. One thing we got problems in is plastic. We will have to take that to the landfil or find a place to get it shredded. The other is styrofoam things. Like those meat trays. Maybe someone has an idea for crafts!

She really did not have any big complaints on how we did things. She made some suggestions and I like that.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2009
3:50 AM

Post #6398157

It has been awfully quiet here in the cafe. We got a question for all you arrangers out there from a new visitor and I am hoping that one of you can help her out. the link is:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/973559/

I rarely get flowers, especially from my kids since they say that I have a lot in the backyard, but I did get a bouquet last week as a thank you present from our Danish visitors for helping them with their soil sampling. I brought it in to the cafe to liven up the place.

I hope that all of you are well and are out enjoying your holidays (I know Terri probably gets time off, but we don't here in Calif.)
Happy Easter all!!!

Thumbnail by soilsandup

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 12, 2009
1:02 PM

Post #6398873

hi all
all have a happy easter
still getting up earies and feeding my baby goat
i work today
going to make cup cake to take with me
elle
haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2009
11:15 AM

Post #6402604

Very colorful Dianne, what is that red/puple petaled one at the mouth of the vase. Looks a bit like a passiflora.
Hey elle, hope you enjoyed your cupcake. So you are still doing the night feedings, yikjes bet you are pooped along with working.
We don't get any Easter time off here, but did have a nice weekend. Had the neighbors over for turkey dinner on Saturday and then just chilled. Did manage to give our wooden parrots a facelift, I'll post when we get them back up.
I think the cafe had been closed for a spring cleaning, right, just a couple days, but now reopened as it is fresh as a daisy in here. Will have to get some posys for a table or two!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

April 13, 2009
1:41 PM

Post #6403050

hi all
they all love my cup cake
rain rain go away elle want to go and play
lol
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2009
4:09 PM

Post #6403819

Hi All! Yup, raining again! tried to do a little work outside.. that lasted only a few moments. gotta go back to work, just popping in!

Have a good day everyone!

Oh, please can someone start a new cafe too, this thread is gettinglong! Thanks!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 13, 2009
5:10 PM

Post #6404115

Candee - I think that reddish flower is an anemone of some kind.

Can't wait to see the spiffied up cafe and parrots.
Elle and Blossom - hope the rain stops soon for you.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2009
9:08 PM

Post #6405176

I'm off to take my design test at flower school tonight. I'm meeting a friend from the class for dinner first at an Irish pub. Please do not let me drink as my design may end up a bit too wild! I've been practicing all day with some flowers I bought, mostly carns. My house is awash in floral arrangements! LOL Mostly the centerpiece and 'round' design. I think I'll go with the round tonight unless we get too many line flowers. It's awful not knowing what flowers we're getting. We have to do a 3-flower corsage, a bud vase, and one design of our choice, but it has to be one of the designs we were taught and nothing 'free' or 'interpretive.'

Tomorrow is the written test. I'll be soooo glad when these tests are over!

Zany, I thought that ducks ate slugs and snails too. What is your experience? I am contemplating getting a couple. Also chickens. Keep hearing such different stories about how much ducks and chickens do or don't ruin one's garden. I guess I could get them and if it doesn't work out, dinner is taken care of for a few nights.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2009
9:28 PM

Post #6405261

Well, the stray ducks that were visiting me ate my daylilies for one plant nibbled!...I will stick to wild ducks thank you!

My chickens have their own pen and the pen will go toodirt as they like to scratch and eat anything green if its in there.

Good luck and have fun with your flower arranging class!

Lets give the rain a boot!

haighr
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2009
9:35 PM

Post #6405285

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/974849/

Abracadabra - Blossom Here is the new thread. Can you believe we are up to 21 already?

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 14, 2009
4:15 AM

Post #6407144

Ducks are great for eating slugs and snails but they will also nest in your flowerbeds and unless they have a large area to roam about on they can make a frightfully slick and slimey mess. They also love earth worms and will follow you around as you weed in hopes that you will toss them some. They were great out in the country but no way would I keep them isolated in a normal city back yard.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2009
10:04 AM

Post #6407492

I dont mind the wild ones at all, nor do I mind the wild geese. I would not own any domestics unless I had a proper place for them. I got a stray domestic pair that just showed up in recent weeks that have been nothing but a nuisance. They roam on the higway, in peoples yards and just anywhere, reak havoc in the garden and disrupt the flow of traffic. Apparently their owner does not give a rats potato about them as they refuse to keep them in.

We used to have a farm and a pond that was 100% fenced in. We had some geese and they were nice. But the stray dogs would hop the fence and kill them for their sport leaving them dead. Least as if it was a coyote that came in, you could always tellthe difference because the coyote would eat the whole bird leaving very little waste in the bone and feathers, but those lousy strays would leave the whole bird laying either dead or injured. Just made us sick how we would have to keep replacing our birds and how sickening it was to have so many domestic stray dogs dumped that would reack havoc on a killing spree. I swear some people have no brains.

I remember too after awhile, then the wild geese started coming and how polluted the pond became. What a mess they could make! Goose grease every where. But we loved them Canadians! We would leave them corn in our field after we would harvest and it was so beautiful to watch them come in flying in formation! There was one goose that some hunter clipped and apparently he lost his mate. He took up sanctuary at our old pond and was there for weeks and then he returned the following year. We could tell it was him becuase he had a very squeaky honk. Apparently he had been hit with some bird shot in his voice box. But old Squeaky as we called him, he got friendly and when he was healed up he would take small flights around the pond to get some exersize and when he would come over the fence we would always tell him, SQUEAKY, go home so he woud llift up and go back over the fence and back to the pond and he did that many times, It was awesome to have a wild bird that was knowing he was getting a safe home and a place to come back. Poor guy though, I dont think he ever did have a mate. The hunters probably got his girl. So sad because you know they mate for life.

It just irks me how people do not care about their own or anyone elses yet alone the wild ones. Well heres hissing at those bad people and bad dogs!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 14, 2009
4:33 PM

Post #6408887

LOL Blossom! I'll hiss too at the foolish and ignorant people.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

April 15, 2009
6:38 PM

Post #6414637

Hi Gwen, Welcome! How did your test go? See you over in the new cafe...

Missed your Birthday Vossner, hope you had a Happy one!
Lovely flowers you got Dianne, Thanks for bringing them in.

Hope everyone had a nice easter!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America