Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Antiques and Collectibles: Info needed

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 3, Views: 171
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ctbig
pensacola, FL
(Zone 8a)

March 21, 2009
1:33 AM

Post #6297283

Does anyone have any info on this yard sale find?Seems to be old...but maybe not. wine bottle name is Liquore Galliano.

Thumbnail by ctbig
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 22, 2009
11:43 PM

Post #6305349

I remember Galliano - not sure if they still make it or not. I tended bar back in the late 70's - it's an Italian Liqueur http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galliano_(drink). I worked in an upscale restaurant and we used to make Golden Cadillacs out of Galliano. Havent' thought about them in years. Hmmmm... might be something nice to include at a holiday gathering.

Anyway - the lable on the bottle looks like the very same as when I was tending bar in the late 70's.

ctbig
pensacola, FL
(Zone 8a)

March 23, 2009
12:11 AM

Post #6305490

I had to google it, seems it is still on the market...might have to try a Golden Cadillac, sounds delicious..
sdkillen
Killen, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2009
2:30 PM

Post #6447090

You have a Galliano bottle that looks like its the liter or 1.5L size. It is an Italian liquer made from lemons. It is used in lots of cocktails or chilled and drank straight with or without mint. Very refreshing during hot summer time.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America