Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Hackberry Tree: Hackberry friends

Communities > Forums > Article: The Hackberry Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Hackberry TreeReplies: 5, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

March 24, 2009
10:50 AM

Post #6311751

Nice to have friends like you, Sharon, who inform us about the value of all nature! Hope you have a good day today. The article was your usual fine fare.

Hugs,

Angie
ceceoh
Columbus, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 24, 2009
11:44 AM

Post #6311866

Thank you for that very informative article. I have a very fond memory of a Hackberry tree in our local park. It grew in the middle of the playground and shaded the jungle gym and picnic tables.

When I first got my Collie puppy I took him to play at the playground, and I remember him licking up all the hackberry fruit lying around. He certainly enjoyed it!

Sadly, the tree lost a limb in a storm, and the Parks and Rec decided it was too dangerous to let it stay where the kids played. It was a beautiful, huge tree, and I hated to see it destroyed.
bjf826
panhandle, FL
(Zone 8b)

March 24, 2009
12:32 PM

Post #6311999

I'll second Angie's comment. Your articles always entertain and teach us, Sharon. Thank you!!

Barb
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2009
1:51 PM

Post #6312357

Thank you for reading the article, and for letting me know.

Funny thing about plants, sometimes they are well loved, and sometimes they are not. Hackberries are like that, I've found. But I enjoy learning about their history, and most of them, if we search long enough, have a purpose.

I hope you are all enjoying this spring day, but I think we are in for some high winds, those that the folks to the west of us had yesterday. I guess I need to go out and batten down the hatches.

Y'all have a good day.
Thanks again,
Sharon
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 24, 2009
1:56 PM

Post #6312375

I enjoyed it a lot too.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2009
2:17 PM

Post #6312473

Hi Dutchlady,
I was thinking about you this morning, reading something on lore and legend. I followed my thoughts and they led me to an article you wrote a year ago about shamrocks, which I totally forgot about when I wrote mine for last week, also about shamrocks.
I know it is late, but I am going back into mine and create a link to yours. I hate when I inadvertently do things like that. My apologies to you.
Thank you for an opportunity to correct my mistake. I am so sorry.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Hackberry Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hackberry chaos lorilea 73 Apr 7, 2009 4:38 PM
nice phicks 7 Mar 26, 2009 11:56 PM
Hackberry Wood throneofyord 1 Mar 24, 2009 3:43 PM
Lovely! adinamiti 1 Mar 24, 2009 10:26 PM
Storm damage DianeEG 1 Apr 2, 2009 2:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America