Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Tropical Fruits: Back in Oklahoma, said the Musa Basjoo

Communities > Forums > Tropical Fruits
bookmark
Forum: Tropical FruitsReplies: 3, Views: 67
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
merpeg
Midwest City, OK
(Zone 7b)

March 24, 2009
3:01 PM

Post #6312660

This is our first year overwintering the Basjoo and overnight, we have one coming up again. We removed the protective mulch last week. Is the tip of this one damaged or is this normal for this time of year? Needless to say, we are so glad to see it coming back, really liked this beauty last year. We planted it originally in the garden until we could get a permanent location ready this year.

Any suggestions at this point would be much appreciated. Thanks, Peg

Thumbnail by merpeg
Click the image for an enlarged view.

merpeg
Midwest City, OK
(Zone 7b)

March 24, 2009
3:05 PM

Post #6312679

Last year...

Thumbnail by merpeg
Click the image for an enlarged view.

edgeoftheworld
Conneaut, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2009
9:48 PM

Post #6314377

I am trying to remember.This is my second year wintering over.Will not remove protected mulch for a least another month here in zone 5.If memory serves,I cut the tip off,I new stem grew out of the old stem.It was smaller in diameter.It got taller and wider(the stem) and eventually replaced the former stem.I don't know if you need to prune it or not.I am saying,I did.It is a beautiful,tough plant.Edge
tigerlily123
Raleigh, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 30, 2009
12:07 AM

Post #6337573

start hitting it with fert now and make sure that it gets enough water and that will help them grow faster.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tropical Fruits Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Tropicals: Dwarf Pomegranate Calalily 44 Jun 14, 2008 3:00 PM
My Ice Cream banana tree halo 27 Jun 7, 2007 2:41 AM
It just ain't so! :) Vee8ch 29 Sep 1, 2008 5:55 AM
Strawberry guava tropicalaria 58 Aug 21, 2011 8:27 PM
Passion Fruit dwallace59 5 Aug 24, 2007 5:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America