Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Garden Talk: Have you worn your Crocs today?

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 31, Views: 228
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 25, 2009
7:32 PM

Post #6318475

Crocs and Croc wannabies have taken the garden community by storm. There is nothing more wonderful than traipsing in the mud with absolutely no concern about damage to your shoes, with cleanup only as far as your nearest hose.

My pink camo Crocs are my faves and to make things even better, Seedpicker_TX has gifted me with the perfect dragonfly to adorn them. Thanks, T, that d/fly will always guard my tippy toes.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2009 2:32 PM

Thumbnail by vossner
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kell

Kell
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 25, 2009
7:44 PM

Post #6318539

Though my crocs are so comfortable and indestructible I hate how my feet are so full of dirt every night. It goes thru the holes and all over. It takes forever to scrub them clean if I ever really do. Showers just do little to get the dirt off! I am looking for a garden shoe with more dirt protection.
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 25, 2009
7:58 PM

Post #6318594

kell, don't socks help? If I know I'm gonna get really dirty, I put on socks and they sort of catch the dirt. But i do have a pair that I call my "dressup" pair which I use when I feel like styling in the garden. But who wants to spend a lot of time weeding? not me! That shall never be a problem again, as this cute little clock is affixed to my fancy Crocs so I never, ever spend more time than I want to fighting the thugs. Again, courtesy of Miss T.

I got these at Nordstroms in Boston and they are much better at keeping dirt off your feet.

Thumbnail by vossner

KaperC
No. San Diego Co., CA
(Zone 10b)

March 26, 2009
2:41 AM

Post #6320684

This is funny. The garden is the only place I don't wear my Crocs! Well, except for my house shoes, which are sandals, when I take a little walk. They do make some closed ones, Kell, and I think they're coming out with a lot more styles this year.
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
9:57 AM

Post #6339041

hi-
Just seeing this...

I am definitely into the crocs, although my favorite pair are actually airwalk brand.

I even got some croc "boots" for winter, and love them much better than flimsy slippers in the morning to take the pups out in the cold to potty.

I'm like Kell, can't stand to have dirt on my feet, so I only wear the solid ones when digging in the garden, or watering. When I wear the ones with holes I always end up splashing my feet. But I prefer the ones with holes for just kickin' around.

It is just so nice to as Nery already said, to not have to worry about getting them dirty. I throw mine in the washer.

And, they are so inexpensive, and comfortable...

I used to tease a girl I worked with, about her Birkenstocks. She was into clogs before they became so cool. I just couldn't imagine wearing a shoe clog thingy. I used to wonder how they'd stay on while you walked, and not just fly off your foot, unless you curled your toes down constantly, lol...

She was happy to see me "come around". They just went so well with scrubs, and were easy on your feet. I have flat feet, so standing up on my feet as much as I used to have to do, was killing my feet. Crocs just felt like heaven.

Once I got to liking them, I told my hubby he should get a pair. He said never. Especially being a guy...Well, he changed his mind, too, and now he does't like regular shoes, anymore

Here is my favorite croc charm. The smiley face one. I don't have it anymore, because my mother made such a fuss over it. I gave it to her, and then could never find another one.

They stopped making the charm "plugs" and you can't find them, anymore. I actually called them to find out why I couldn't find any, and they said they said they never were very popular...?
They(Jibbitz) actually sold out to Crocs a few years ago, and that is when they stopped making them.

Here is a fantastic link if you like crocs, but I'll warn you...you'll probably see something you like! Just look at the left column: They have every kind of croc ever made, and at the bottom is a Jibbitz link with some of the largest variety of charms I've seen. Even Jibbitz recommended this site, when I talked with them:
http://www.surfanddirt.com/nofear/product.asp?dept_id=6473&pf_id=PAAAIADFKFHNLIFM&mybuyscid=3418945382

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2009
10:59 AM

Post #6339114

No Crocks for these old feet.
I love them and wish you all well in keeping garden debris out of the house.
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
11:41 AM

Post #6339206

ge-have you tried them???

I also remembered that I have a pair of croc flip-flops. I love them. Mine are like this, except they are chocolate and pearl pink, instead of chocolate and khaki.

seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
11:46 AM

Post #6339215

Oh, here they are:

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2009
11:47 AM

Post #6339221

I have 73 year old feet and need support shoes.
I am truely sorry I didnt wear shoes while young.
Enjoy the crocs now.
Love them on everyone else.
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
11:53 AM

Post #6339235

Its a shame they don't have a style you could wear right now, but they sure seem to be branching well beyond the origninal style croc.

Here are some high heels!, lol...

Maybe they'll come up with a more supportive style shoe, too ;0)

I have a really good friend who is 73. She asked me about my crocs and if I liked them. She said she was thinking about getting a pair

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2009
11:54 AM

Post #6339239

DD has a pair. Loves them
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
11:57 AM

Post #6339250

of the high heels?

..these totally make sense to me...croc style rain boot.

seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
12:00 PM

Post #6339257

Nery here is the name of your shoe:
MALINDI

seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
12:02 PM

Post #6339265

still really wanting a pair of these...they are on sale for 24.95 down from 69.95

seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
12:09 PM

Post #6339289

ge-
would these be supportive enough?
they are called
VELOCITY

seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
12:10 PM

Post #6339296

or these?
VENTURE

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 30, 2009
12:32 PM

Post #6339375

good morning ladies. T, I went to that site and my word, didn't know they had that many. I also have a pair of the Islander Crocs. Theyr'e white so I haven't worn them, not wanting to get them dirty. Ins't that silly. Sorry, for some reason I can't link to the pic, you'll have to go see for yourself.

T, I wonder about the fleece boots, wouldn't one's legs get too warm? Then again, that may be perfect for colder weather. Price is great.

Here is something silly. When I was a girl, plastic shoes were all the rage. I wanted some sooo bad. But my Mom, a little bit of a snob, would say those were for people that couldn't afford leather shoes. What would she say if she knew I had 4 pairs, that includes my WM ones that cost me $1. I have to post a pic of those. Horrible but oh so comfortable for thrashing w/o guilt. Mom, I promise I won't wear these around you, lol.

now to go ck if I won my little charm. I got the watch! yeah
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
12:45 PM

Post #6339416

Yay!! I like that watch!

Here is a little charm I won the other day

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 30, 2009
12:46 PM

Post #6339421

oh my, you need silver crocs for that one! lol
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
12:49 PM

Post #6339435

Nope, it is going on my new charm bracelet I bought, also. I kinda did a little ebay binge the other day, when I sent that ebay link to you...so did you win?

vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 30, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #6339517

that's fancy and totally beautiful. As to my charm, dang! 16 hrs to go
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
1:07 PM

Post #6339522

ps-
forgot to answer you about the boots...yes, extremely hot for right now, but I was thinking about just buying them and stashing them for next season
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
1:08 PM

Post #6339530

So, you gonna stay up til midnight???

Tell Marky to snipe it for you ;0)

I see someone else has already bid. Hope they didn't bid too high.
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 30, 2009
1:10 PM

Post #6339541

whatt???? I'm going over there. excuse me.
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 30, 2009
1:12 PM

Post #6339550

for some reason I can't link to it. i'm the only bidder. there must be two listings
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 30, 2009
1:16 PM

Post #6339567

LOL...well, sorry. Didn't mean to panic you. I guess that IS you. I was under the impression you weren't going to place a bid until the last minute, so assumed it was someone else.

Sorry! :0)

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #6340581

Seedpicker I wear NuBalance with velcro closings. I like the Velocity's though
seedpicker_TX
(Taylor) Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 2, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #6355618

Just wanted to share my absolute favorite pair

they just recently got a makover...I added a hello kitty charm, and the teeth marks are courtesy of my puppy, lol...

KaperC
No. San Diego Co., CA
(Zone 10b)

April 3, 2009
1:20 AM

Post #6357046

Wow, those are the cat's pajamas! Very cool.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

April 4, 2009
8:27 PM

Post #6364328

Ge -
Crocs makes a crocs for diabetics and also a style for folks that need a lot of support. Also (and I am sorry I don't know the brand) there are similiar style (easy wash and no holes) that are made for kitchen in the restaurant business. Look exactly like the crocks with no holes. You are probably happy with whatever your garden shoes are, but if you are not and would like to try crocs for the ease in the garden etc., but are concerned about the support issue - you may want to check these suggestions out.

PS - don't wet the crocs and put in the sun - I have heard they shrink. Also sometimes crocs sort of 'catch' at the toe when walking. I have seen folks stumble (me too) but only on 'inside' floors at the hospital.
KaperC
No. San Diego Co., CA
(Zone 10b)

April 4, 2009
9:06 PM

Post #6364452

Yes, I will occasionally catch my toe, too, but I do it in all shoes. Usually it's if I'm getting tired or just being lazy and not picking my feet up! LOL It's like slumping when you're sitting, you have to snap out of it and step lively!
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2009
9:08 PM

Post #6364460

same here.

also, when I wear my crocs w/ socks (hey that rhymes) my feet sort of slide in the shoe. This is uncomfortable but I can endure if all I'm doing is traipsing in the garden.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America