Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more: How big is your Excalibur?

Communities > Forums > Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more
bookmark
Forum: Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and moreReplies: 1, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 27, 2009
2:10 AM

Post #6324992

I thought we put in tons of cabinets, and got the extra-tall ones, but somehow I've managed to fill them all. I have toyed with the idea of getting a dehydrator. How big is your unit?

I was also interested to hear that you dry tomatoes. What do you use them for? The only time I've had dried tomatoes was when I worked at a vegetarian coffeehouse; they salted and seasoned them prior to drying, and then used them much like bacon bits in salads.

Great article!
Angie
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 27, 2009
4:30 AM

Post #6325576

Thanks! We've got the 9 tray unit -- it's big, but it's handy to be able to do large batches, plus I wanted the larger interior for possible future craft projects. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excalibur is my choice gloria125 16 Jun 22, 2009 7:14 PM
American Harvester Aunt_A 4 Mar 30, 2009 3:48 PM
American Harvester olesagegrouse 1 Mar 30, 2009 3:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America