Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more: How big is your Excalibur?

Communities > Forums > Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more
bookmark
Forum: Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and moreReplies: 1, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 27, 2009
2:10 AM

Post #6324992

I thought we put in tons of cabinets, and got the extra-tall ones, but somehow I've managed to fill them all. I have toyed with the idea of getting a dehydrator. How big is your unit?

I was also interested to hear that you dry tomatoes. What do you use them for? The only time I've had dried tomatoes was when I worked at a vegetarian coffeehouse; they salted and seasoned them prior to drying, and then used them much like bacon bits in salads.

Great article!
Angie
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 27, 2009
4:30 AM

Post #6325576

Thanks! We've got the 9 tray unit -- it's big, but it's handy to be able to do large batches, plus I wanted the larger interior for possible future craft projects. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excalibur is my choice gloria125 16 Jun 22, 2009 7:14 PM
American Harvester Aunt_A 4 Mar 30, 2009 3:48 PM
American Harvester olesagegrouse 1 Mar 30, 2009 3:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America