Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Primrose versus pansy; my March madness: Shriveled Primrose

Communities > Forums > Article: Primrose versus pansy; my March madness
bookmark
Forum: Article: Primrose versus pansy; my March madnessReplies: 1, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Colibritaquin
St-Jacques, NB
Canada

March 30, 2009
1:21 PM

Post #6339596

Hello All,
I've just read the nice article on Pansies v. Primroses by Sally G. Miller (sallyg), and see we both have the same predicament though I've only been actively gardening since two summers - this will be my third. This being, around Valentine's Day 2009 there were a lot of primroses offered at a local department store and I bought two in lieu of roses. I intend to plant them in my garden come spring. They bloomed very pretty though they eventually stopped flowering, as could be expected. However, the leaves of one plant are kind of shriveled on both sides... they tend to roll lengthwise though not as if it need water or anything. The leaves of the other plant develop in what I consider a "normal" manner. I keep the soil moist and have both side by side in my living room where they have good enough light but no direct sunlight. I have fertilised neither on the premise that they were probably boosted in the nursery. Any comment will be appreciated.

Kindly,
Colibri taquin
St-Jacques, NB
Fitsy
Hayesville, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 30, 2009
1:26 PM

Post #6339623

teeny weeny bugs?
Fitsy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Primrose versus pansy; my March madness Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I love them both onewish1 13 Mar 12, 2011 3:11 PM
Lettuce leaves? carrielamont 2 Mar 29, 2009 7:13 PM
hardiness of varieties linnea56 5 Apr 4, 2009 5:28 PM
Panzies... 78028 1 Mar 14, 2011 3:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America