Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more: American Harvester

Communities > Forums > Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more
bookmark
Forum: Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and moreReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
olesagegrouse
Casper, WY

March 30, 2009
3:07 PM

Post #6340150

Have had one since the early 90's, and there isn't a season go by it isn't put to use..just LOVE it! Its six trays have seen everything from herbs, mushrooms, veggies and fruits dehydrated in it, even RHUBARB (this is something else when dried, should be tried). Along with fruit rollups, experimented with fully flavored tomato sauce rollups as well: only had to cut a piece off and add to soups, stews, etc. to add that extra zing. As summer heat is extremely hot and DRY in this locale, I've found I don't even need heat to process certain things, just load the trays, put on the cover and let the loaded Harvester sit in sunroom, whatever is completely dehydrated within 24-30 hours (do NOT recommend this method for high-humidity areas). All in all, this unit is one of the best investments I've ever made!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 30, 2009
3:10 PM

Post #6340160

Thanks for your input!

What do you do with the dried rhubarb.. eat it straight up as a snack, or rehydrate for rhubarb sauce/pie?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Choosing a Dehydrator: Make your own dried fruit, tomatoes, beef jerky, and more Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excalibur is my choice gloria125 16 Jun 22, 2009 7:14 PM
How big is your Excalibur? Bookerc1 1 Mar 27, 2009 4:30 AM
American Harvester Aunt_A 4 Mar 30, 2009 3:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America