Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Rocky Mountain Gardening: Seed starting: Thank You

Communities > Forums > Article: Rocky Mountain Gardening: Seed starting
bookmark
Forum: Article: Rocky Mountain Gardening: Seed startingReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
srandlmt
Monument, CO
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2009
4:18 PM

Post #6340467

Thanks, Susanne, for the great article. I have lived and gardened in Colorado for 27 years and I think you have said it all in a 'nutshell'.
We moved from Iowa (gardening heaven!) to Grand Junction in 1982, then to Colorado Springs in 1984, then to Palmer Lake in 1991, and finally to Woodmoor (Monument) in 1995. I think it's safe to say I have gardened in practically 4 different zones in one state alone!
I think my single most important weather aid has been lots of mulch year-round. I also use the Wall-O-Waters for tomatoes, peppers, melons, and cucumbers and love them.
This will be my first year trying to put out seedlings early by using row covers on my raised vegetable beds, which are currently being warmed by black plastic stapled on top. Wish me luck.
Keep the great articles coming!
Susan
butterfly59
Pueblo, CO

March 31, 2009
5:14 AM

Post #6343621

Hi,
I fell in love with Colorado back in 1969... My family started camping every summer in Monument at the campgrounds there... Now we live in Pueblo West.. !!!!
Happy to be here. My husband, daughter and I moved from Wisconsin last August... Learning about gardening... Any tips I would appreciate.
Thanks,
Anne

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Rocky Mountain Gardening: Seed starting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you for the guidelines... bsavage 2 Mar 31, 2009 12:27 AM
So glad I read this first.... cindyr2 1 Mar 21, 2011 3:46 PM
Spring weather swings marwood0 0 Mar 30, 2009 5:11 PM
Colo Weather + Gardens = Headaches! skiekitty 0 Mar 30, 2009 5:30 PM
I think you covered it! roybird 0 Mar 30, 2009 7:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America