excess shipping material - wasteful Amazon

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this with Amazon.
I placed an order last week which qualified for free shipping. It came in TWO separate large cartons.
Yesterday I received a box inside a larger box; today I received the second part of my order which took the cake: the package itself was 8x8x8 inches (sturdy box) this was placed with a lot of cushioning material inside a 12x13x19 inch box.... !
I appreciate them taking care to not get goods damaged in transport but this was really too much. All that AIR being shipped.... there has to be a better way.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I've noticed this tendency, too. Small packages could be misplaced in the cavernous hold of a cargo plane, I suppose. Separate boxes might have something to do with the size/location of the warehouses Amazon uses. I order from Amazon rather often and appreciate the speed and efficiency, but all that cardboard is a lot of trees!. I send it back out in my recycle bin but wonder if it really gets re-used.

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

Dutch-
I think Lilian Vernon is the worst at this. I got nylon duffle bags for the kids. They could have been sent in a Tyvek envelope. Instead they were sent in a huge box, filled with plastic bubbles. How can their prices be so inexpensive when they spend a fortune on the packaging??? Get's me going....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images