Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Antiques and Collectibles: Book from Grandmother's quilt box

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 2, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bobyrd
Conroe, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 31, 2009
1:39 AM

Post #6342812

I have a book that I found in my Grandmother's quiltbox. It is small Aprox. 6"w x 10" tall. It has the original cover and it is well worn at the binding. The book is intact but it has been used. On the cover it says:

HANDBOOK FOR LADIES

Containing

Etiquette of Courtship & Marriage.

The Language of Flowers

The Toilette.

1/"
London
William Stevens, 421, Strand, W.C.

I can't find a date on it anywhere.
lorien4
Camarillo, CA

April 11, 2009
5:07 PM

Post #6395847

Not all books have publishing dates; this is especially true for books published before the mid-to-late nineteenth century. You might try "googling" the publisher's name or the titles you mentioned. Without photographs of the book and its title page it would be really difficult to estimate its age. Hope this helps.
bobyrd
Conroe, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 11, 2009
11:08 PM

Post #6396994

I did try googling the title but wasn't able to find anything that sounded like this book. I will try googling the publisher. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America