Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DianeEG
Galva, IL

April 2, 2009
2:35 PM

Post #6354284

I'd read your comments and descriptions about the ice storm you had in KY but until it is seen first hand, it is not really REAL. We drove through two weeks ago and it was one of the most heart breaking nature sights I've seen in person on such a big scale. I can't imagine how long it will take to finish the clean-up let alone for new growth to reach the point where trees were initially, probably not in our lifetime. Nature can wipe the slate clean in a few hours (as seen in fires, floods, tornados, etc.) Sure keeps us little mortals humble. Glad you are still enthused about gardening - the strength of the human spirit! Sending a hug your way for the loss or damage of your tree "friends". Diane
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 2, 2009
2:48 PM

Post #6354358

Diane,
Thank you...
There will be an article next Tuesday, on this very same subject. It's just the gardener in us, I guess. Eternal optimists.

But my half a redbud is blooming!!!

Thanks for writing.

Thumbnail by Sharran
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Hackberry Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hackberry friends Hemophobic 5 Mar 24, 2009 2:17 PM
Hackberry chaos lorilea 73 Apr 7, 2009 4:38 PM
nice phicks 7 Mar 26, 2009 11:56 PM
Hackberry Wood throneofyord 1 Mar 24, 2009 3:43 PM
Lovely! adinamiti 1 Mar 24, 2009 10:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America