Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Early Emerging Spring Perennials: Useful List for the Zone 6 Gardens!

Communities > Forums > Article: Early Emerging Spring Perennials
bookmark
Forum: Article: Early Emerging Spring PerennialsReplies: 0, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tabasco
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2009
3:26 PM

Post #6354528

Hi, Susan,

I am so happy you consolidated bits of hard to find info/knowledge on spring garden favorites often grown in these mid-temperate zones and put them into one article! A great reference tool. I love to make up plant combinations and the early springtime is always such a challenge!

I do want to add that Bleeding Hearts (dicentra spectibilis) are a wonderful early perennial here in Zone 6. The old-fashioned rose colored kind are blooming right now with our white daffodils and it is a very pretty early garden combination.

And our Coral Bells (Heuchera) 'palace purple' are up and complementing our Hyacinth 'gypsy queen' very nicely.

Another: a few of our chartreuse euphorbias are up already complementing some very handsome yellow daffs.

And just one more: purple muscari 'Christmas Pearl' is a very early blooming variety and pairs well with daffs and early tulips and right now we have some blooming along with an early low growing hardy geranium (maybe it's "Max Frie"?).

So thanks again for your list. I can't wait to get to work on making up some new combinations! t.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Early Emerging Spring Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
time to look! carrielamont 8 Feb 23, 2011 2:06 PM
zone 3 still under snow but- CLScott 6 May 24, 2011 5:07 AM
April oldgal67 1 Mar 18, 2011 4:57 PM
Spring Ephemerals in California woodlan suewylan 2 Mar 19, 2011 7:40 PM
Here in zone 5 pastapicker 0 Feb 11, 2013 9:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America