Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums: Geranium Seeds

Communities > Forums > Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums
bookmark
Forum: Geraniums, Pelargoniums and ErodiumsReplies: 6, Views: 101
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
susandonb1141
Triad(for a few more, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2009
2:57 PM

Post #6359027

Hello, New to this forum, thought I would ask this here. Does anyone know where I can get gernaium seeds? Harris Seeds has them but I thought they were sort of pricey?

Thanks for any info you may be able to give.
Susan
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2009
5:57 PM

Post #6359753

Are you looking for seeds for hardy geraniums, or pelargoniums?
susandonb1141
Triad(for a few more, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2009
6:46 PM

Post #6359932

what is the difference? I would like any type of geraniums and am wanting a large amount.
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 5, 2009
7:28 AM

Post #6366308

Hardy geraniums, also called cranesbill, can withstand lower temperatures and spread to form nice ground covers:

http://www.hardygeraniums.com/

Pelargorniums are what most people think of when they think of a geranium in a clay pot on a back porch. In a lot of states they are treated as an annual unless they can be brought indoors or into a greenhouse to overwinter:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=pelargoniums&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
susandonb1141
Triad(for a few more, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2009
1:15 PM

Post #6366771

Thanks Katie, I guess I am looking for the pot kind. I started some from seed last year and they did great then I brought them into my greenhouse over the Winter and they have come back even better. So I had the idea to try and get more seeds to start and sell the plants at the farmers market. I found some on Ebay and got a great prices on gorgeous varieties.

Thanks for the help
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9096225

Try Park's seed. They have about the best prices. Try the Orbit series. Luciee {;^)
DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 19, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9129701

http://ivygarth.com/images/A1.htm has seed, some are mixed colors. Not cheap. $11-18 per 100 seeds, plus shipping.

Look under Annuals, then go down to Geraniums.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener   Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener   Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Never grew these before.. Brugie 21 May 3, 2007 2:20 PM
Visions Light Pink echoes 5 May 4, 2009 8:38 PM
Overwintering - dumb question, I know AlohaHoya 28 Mar 19, 2007 4:00 PM
Hardy Geranium resource links, info, and pics? tabasco 46 Jul 26, 2007 7:26 PM
Plain ole standard geranium....how cold can i let them get?? sticks_n_stones 12 Mar 30, 2007 2:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America