Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Landscape: Mainly ORANGE and PURPLE in the gardens: Orange and Purple

Communities > Forums > Landscape: Mainly ORANGE and PURPLE in the gardens
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: Mainly ORANGE and PURPLE in the gardensReplies: 1, Views: 151
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
10l11r58h
Dallas, TX

April 5, 2009
3:21 AM

Post #6365818

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I am excited to see that you are in my zone! I live in north Dallas. Will you please let me know what some of the flowers are in your photos. I know the common ones, but some are not familiar. What was the purple spikey plant? Rascal
Connie_G
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 26, 2010
1:26 AM

Post #7828484

Are you still on here? ha...
The purple spikey thing is an Austrialus Cordylinus (not sure about the spelling!) and it froze to the ground with our hard winter, but has MANY new branches coming out of the ground that are now about a foot high or more...
The plants had grown to 8 feet in 3 years...starting over! ;-)

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Mainly ORANGE and PURPLE in the gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Yard HJones 3 Jul 26, 2007 2:56 PM
Orange flowers in front of the purple LouRockland 0 May 15, 2012 6:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America