Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Skunk and Pet Problems in the Suburban and Rural Garden: Had a skunk in my garden

Communities > Forums > Article: Skunk and Pet Problems in the Suburban and Rural Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Skunk and Pet Problems in the Suburban and Rural GardenReplies: 0, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wvgardendeva
Berkeley Springs, WV
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2009
11:05 PM

Post #6374310

Late last summer and early fall I had regular visits to my garden by a skunk. I never saw it because it came after dark, but knew when it was around from the smell. I was glad it came because I had quite a few grubs, some of them Japanese Beetle grubs. The skunk dug neat little holes but never disturbed the roots of any of the plants, even when it dug right next to them. So, I appreciate the work that it did.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Skunk and Pet Problems in the Suburban and Rural Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice Article! nanny_56 3 Apr 8, 2009 9:17 PM
Skunk Odor Remedy Sharonpatricia 0 Apr 6, 2009 3:24 PM
Ferret smell overrated plushweasels 2 Apr 10, 2009 5:49 AM
Thanks Geoff! Terry 0 Apr 7, 2009 8:46 PM
Nuttin' like a SKUNK...! Pheweeeeeee YodieCoyote 0 Apr 8, 2009 3:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America