Photo by Melody

Article: Wide Eyed Optimists, that's what we are!: How beautiful!

Communities > Forums > Article: Wide Eyed Optimists, that's what we are!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Wide Eyed Optimists, that's what we are!Replies: 5, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2009
5:41 AM

Post #6376182

What an inspiring story, Sharon! I think that captures perfectly the hope that is intrinsic to gardening.

Someone sent me a gardening quote today, and I thought of you, even before I saw your article:

"To see things in the seed, that is genius." --Lao-Tzu

I can't claim genius, but I sure have my share of hope and faith!

Angie
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

April 7, 2009
11:34 AM

Post #6376522

Good morning, Dear Sharon: Since the Other Angie posted here, I will follow suit. Your article seemed directed specifically at me this morning. I can tell you that it went straight to the heart of several issues that I am grappling with presently. What is faith but belief in things unseen? God in His infinite mercy has seen fit to bless us according to our needs and His wisdom is absolute.

Like Angie, my hope and faith is founded in God's love for us. Your trees were spared because you saw in their twisted, seemingly wrecked branches some hope for redemption and future glory, just as God must see in our own mangled lives.

Thank you for another splendid article.

Angie
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

April 7, 2009
11:36 AM

Post #6376528

WEOs, yes, that's what we are! Looking around outside makes me pause in awe, especially this week, of all the beauty in the new life that is springing forth. This is my first spring on DG and I am even more optimistic in the things that will grow in my garden. All in part to the great info from all the wonderful people here.
Jan
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2009
1:56 PM

Post #6377001

Both Angies,
Thank you for commenting, I needed that jolt of optimism myself today. Glad you liked the article.

And Jan,
Glad to have you here with us, there is a lot of information to be found on Dave's Garden..

Thank you all so much for reading the article. I hope last night's frost did not affect your gardens.

Sharon
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

April 7, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6377821

Sharon: We're expecting frost tonight. Last night wasn't so bad, but watch out tonight! I've got to bring some plants inside when I get home from work. Stay warm.

Hugs,

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2009
4:59 PM

Post #6377838

Thanks Angie,
We might be in for the same thing...
Good grief...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wide Eyed Optimists, that's what we are! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
And Smile... Seedtosser1 1 Apr 7, 2009 1:59 PM
Wonderful! adinamiti 4 Apr 7, 2009 2:56 PM
Optimism always pays off pirl 2 Apr 7, 2009 2:07 PM
nice phicks 1 Apr 7, 2009 1:58 PM
What is optimism but Faith? vossner 1 Apr 7, 2009 1:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America